Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catslyn's Shorties

catslyn

Catslyn's Shorties

Hey all,
    This thread is for the assorted short stories that I am sometimes plagued to write. They make a nice break from my epics. This first one is entitled, "Stolen." Don't take it too seriously. Others will follow when the mad muse strikes me.

Adam walked into his father’s office feeling decidedly nervous. The king had been acting very strange at dinner the evening before. Very strange. And this morning, the prince had found a note that had clearly been slipped under his bedroom door while he was sleeping.

Dear Adam,
    Please come see me and your mother after your morning ablutions. We have much to discuss.
    Your Loving,
    Father

So Adam had hurried through his morning bath, took special care in combing his hair and dressing neatly, then set off for the king’s office. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door and stepped inside.

“You wanted to see me, Father?”

An exceedingly strained smile on his face, Randor said, “Good morning, Adam,” and gestured the prince to a seat before his desk. Adam expected him to sit down then, but he went to stand before the fireplace instead. Hands clasped behind his back, the king stared into the flames.

Finally, just when the prince was beginning to doze off, the king said, “Adam, you know your mother and I love you?”

Sitting up straight, the prince mumbles, “Yes, Father. I know that.”
    Sighing, shoulders slumping, Randor said, “Then I hope you’ll forgive us for lying to you all these years.”

“What?”

“Adam, you are not an only child. Your mother and I had two children, a son and a daughter, but one of them was stolen by our enemies while still a baby and spirited away. Now, praise the Elders, that lost child has been returned to us, and we can be a whole family once more.”

Jumping to his feet, the prince began to yell. “How could you lie to me about something like that Father? “How could you not tell me that I had a sister?”

Randor turned to face him, a guilty grimace on his face. “Because… because you never had a sister, Adam.” The prince gaped at him. “It was our son, the crown prince who was stolen. But we knew that the kingdom of Eternia would not long survive without a male heir to the throne, so we called upon the Sorceress of Grayskull to aid us in our time of need.”

“What – what did you do?” Adam asked in a strangled voice.

“It’s wasn’t easy for us, my darling, but we asked to Sorceress to turn our dear little girl… into a boy.” Walking slowly over, Randor placed his hands on the prince’s shoulders. “My child, you are really our dear daughter, Adora.”

The world spun dizzyingly as the prince of Eternia fainted in his father’s arms. When he awoke, he was laying on a couch against the back wall of the king’s office. He could hear three voices – his father, his mother, and a strangely familiar male voice.

“Thank the Elders you have returned to us at last, my son,” Randor was saying to that third voice. “Your sister did the best she could to be you, but she was always too soft-hearted and cowardly to be a real man.”

“Don’t worry, Father. You can return her to the princess she was meant to be, and I shall protect her,” that third voice said solemnly. Peering up over the edge of the desk, Adam saw a man who looked just like him but with more muscles and stern gaze.

Crying, the queen said, “At last, my little girl will be returned to me. I can’t wait to dress her up.”

Jumping up, Adam ran screaming from the room. Maybe Skeletor would let him join up? Maybe he could join a traveling circus? Or maybe he’d just throw himself off the nearest cliff?

bad, bad, bad Catsy!

Eidz is right you are sick!

Soul Fire
    Sick sick sick sick sick sick sick!

*uses a hosepipe as a mind enema*

Nice story

HordeGirl
    Hehe. *HordeGirl is amused*

Well I suppose that explains the pink shirts. Great stuff as usual.
    "That's far enough, Skeletor!" I yelled, jumping directly in front of him.

His jaw dropped in astonishment, he acted like he'd never seen me before.

"Mend your evil ways, Skeletor." I implored him, "it's never too late to come back to the side of righteousness."

He continued to stare at me. He made no move to attack, or speak.

I began to wonder if my words had moved him in some way. I looked back at the others, to see what their reaction was to Skeletor's strange behaviour.

They were staring at me, diary, mouths agape, like they'd never seen me before.

It was then I caught a glimpse of my sword, dairy. Except it wasn't my sword...It was my sister's.

I looked down at my outfit, diary, and wished that the ground would swallow me whole.

An excerpt taken from the Prince Adam Diaries

Well, that was odd...
    Muah

Originally posted by HordeGirl
    Hehe. *HordeGirl is amused*
    Well you would be wouldn't you HG!?

Still, in the words of Kryten from Red Dwarf.

Kryten: You are SICK!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heheheh. This was nice and funny.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Soul Fire
    Kryten: You are SICK!!!
    And in the words of Lister:

'Shut it or I'll beat you to death with the wet end.'

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar

Twisted and humorous! I declare this to be the funniest thing I've read all day!

Wait...had one more...

Be who you are, not what's cool.

Fan-Girl
    Originally posted by Tee-Ra
    Sorry, TR, had to quote you to get the little shocked and confused smile.

Catsy, wtf is wrong with your mind, you sick sick sick little monkey?!?!?!!?!?!

I laughed so hard I nearly spilled my coffee.

Aisleigh

Our Lady of Perverse Fic eideann's Avatar
    I'm glad to see that MY opinion of this lovely little tale is the predominant one among the other fic writers and readers on the org.

TWISTED!!!!

Fred is a blind stoat.

There is no future in the past, so forget this tomorrow.

One-third of the Triumverate of Evil.
    One-half of Obvious Kidnappers, Ink
    Founding member of the 60-inch Club
    Founding Member of the CHICKS OF FANFIC.

In The Snake Men Army, serving King Hsss, planning to once again rule all of Eternia
    OH MY GOSH!!! ROFL!!! Poor Adam!!!

I actually enjoyed reding this!

catslyn

Plague of Doubts

This is an idea I've had for a long time. It could be made into a longer story, and I have plans for such someday. For now, this is what you get. :-)

Plague of Doubts

Mekanek wandered into Man-At-Arms’ laboratory, arms stretched out over his head, yawning loudly. The man himself was standing at a workbench, bent over a microscopic viewer and tapping something into a datapad. “Morning, Mekanek,” Duncan said without looking up from his work. “Did you get enough sleep last night?”

Mekanek yawned again. “Yeah,” he finally managed to mumble. “I’m just beat overall. It’s been a long week.”

Man-At-Arms looked up and gave him a smile. “You were a great help to Healer Dorgan this week. “With the Cligian Plague breaking out, I’d hate to think what state we’d be in if we hadn’t finished all the genetic inoculations when we did.”

Mekanek laughed. “Yeah, I know what you mean.” He pulled a chair out from beneath the workbench and sat down straddling it. “I still can’t believe that we managed to genetically type and inoculate fifteen thousand people in less than a month. I never even got out into the city. I was hip-deep in Masters, courtiers and palace guards who needing typing… and the royal family of course.”

Mekanek watched Duncan’s reaction closely, and as he’d expected, the other man seemed to freeze for a moment. His immobilization was brief, almost non-existent, but it was telling. He knows I suspect. Elders, that means there is something to suspect.

Duncan turned and faced Mekanek, leaning back against the counter. For several long second he just stared at his fellow Master, then, hesitantly, he said, “You… typed the royal family yourself?”

“I did,” Mekanek confirmed.

“Did anyone help you?”

“Nope.”

“I see,” Duncan said quietly.

And he does see, Mekanek thought nervously. I didn’t want this to be true. Why couldn’t I have been wrong? Damn and blast!

“You know,” Mekanek said, “they were just inventing genetic typing when I was a scrawny little student. But one of teachers was very scientifically oriented and very forward thinking.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah. He taught how to type people. Taught how many different genotype categories there are. Taught how to figure out what a kid’s genotype category would be based on the categories of his parents...” Duncan said nothing, merely watched Mekanek with a blank expression. Only his eyes gave him nerves away. They were dark and filled with growing fear.

Taking a deep breath, Mekanek went on. “I still remember how it all works, and I noticed something odd while I was typing the royal family.”

Duncan’s eyes closed and he slumped against the counter. “It would have to you. I suppose it could have been worse though. It could have been someone who would have broadcast the news without coming to me first.”

“Duncan, I would never do that. But I do think that I deserve some kind of explanation.” His anger growing, the Master leapt to his feet. “What happened? I would have sworn that you and Marlena were devoted to Randor! How could you do this to him? How could either of you do this? What were you thinking?”

Duncan’s head snapped up. “What?” He shook his head. “No. No, you don’t understand. I – we’d better send for Randor.” So saying, Duncan pulled out a comlink and put a call through to the king. Mekanek dimly heard Randor’s voice responding that he would be there momentarily.

“Huh?” Mekanek took off his helmet and rubbed his forehead. “You’re turning yourself in?”

“I think,” Duncan said, “that we had better wait and let Randor explain everything.”

Mekanek nodded and the two men waited, Mekanek returning to his chair, and Duncan pulling one out for himself. They sat in silence. When Randor came in and saw them, he stopped cold in his tracks.

“What on Eternia has happened?” he demanded, his eyes very wide. “You two look as if someone has died!” When they started to stand, he waved them back to their seats and pulled out a crate to sit on. “Well?”

“Mekanek did the genetic typing for your inoculations,” Duncan began.

“Is that all?” Randor exclaimed.

“He knows, sire.”

The king grinned wryly. “Well, there’s a reason that I told Dorgan to do ours himself or to have someone he utterly trusted do them. In fact, I suggest Mek here as an alternative.”

Mekanek’s jaw dropped. “You suggested me? But – ” He could find no further words. Randor knows…

“Mekanek thinks Marlena and I had an affair,” Duncan said, cutting into the stunned silence.

“Well we can’t let him think that,” Randor said softly, patting his anxious looking man-at-arms on the shoulder. “Relax, Duncan. He’ll understand.”

“Understand what?” the Master squeaked. “Duncan is Adam’s father!”

“His biological father, yes,” Randor said calmly. His tone and expression were calm and completely untroubled, further confusing the Master. “I am his father, Mekanek. I just am not his blood father. Duncan performed that – invaluable – service for me.”

“So you knew all along?”

“Of course I did.” Randor sighed sadly. “I’m sterile, Mek. I have been every since Keldor hit me with that spell on the plains of Tarsos. The radiation messed everything up. Marlena knew, and we were both willing to adopt, but then the Elders make me the bloody king. Suddenly, well, we had to have a child that looked like he really was mine.”

“So Duncan and Marlena… ”

“Nothing so vulgar,” Duncan hissed. “Dorgan took a sample of my – ”

“Never mind!” Mekanek said quickly. “I get the idea.”

“You won’t tell anyone, will you?” Randor asked quietly.

“Is that an order from my king?”

Randor shook his head. “No. Just a request from a worried father. Adam… wouldn’t understand. Especially not now, when he’s going through that hard age.”

“I’ll never breathe a word!” Mekanek swore. “Never.”

“Thank you,” Randor and Duncan said in unison, and Mekanek was struck by just how far Randor’s man-at-arms would go in the service of his king. Randor is raising Duncan’s son while Duncan raises someone else’s daughter. The world is an odd place.
    Last edited by catslyn; February 16, 2004 at 06:35pm.

Our Lady of Perverse Fic eideann's Avatar
    Cooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it.
    Fred is a blind stoat.

There is no future in the past, so forget this tomorrow.

One-third of the Triumverate of Evil.
    One-half of Obvious Kidnappers, Ink
    Founding member of the 60-inch Club
    Founding Member of the CHICKS OF FANFIC.

Fan-Girl
    *blinks* Well THAT was different.

I mean, wow.

wtf goes though your mind when you write this stuff Catsy?

Aisleigh

Leaving the water on ... Casta in Mystacore's Avatar
    oooooooh wicked! How devilish of you catsy!
    "It's a moo point. Kind of like a cow's opinion, it's doesn't matter. It's moo." - Joey Tribbiani.

Soul Fire
    Weird. That's all I can say. Good story, though. I wonder what evil and twisted plot to mess with our heads Catslyn will come up with next?

Fusion Blaster
    Heheheh

To the first one. I see in that reality The Socress knows about Jusenkyo. Spring of Drowned boy+ the locking ladle= Instant Prince.

As for the second: Adam had better sure as hell hope this isn't a Star Wars senario and Adam and Teela are related.

SlinkyAvenger
    hahahahaahhahahahahahahahaahahhaahahahahahhaha

story of the year A+++ would lol again

the King of Crossovers Classic Cowboy's Avatar
    what should happen next in that one:

Adam and Teela walk in to the dinning hall holding hands early one morning, both with broad smiles. Duncan and Randor look at them with a mix of seriousness and nervousness.

"Adam Teela there's something you should both know." Randor said nervously.

"You see, kids, you're sort of ... well your half brother and sister." Duncan forced out.

"What?!?" Adam exclaimed, before paling, "Couldn't ... you have told us before last night?"

"Why?" Randor asked cocking his head to the side. "What happened last night?"

Teela sat down roughly, "I think I'm going to be sick ..."

LOL, I love it Cats, keep it up!

Fan-Girl
    omg CC you're killing me!

Ais

Nice, Cats. Very nice.
    "That's far enough, Skeletor!" I yelled, jumping directly in front of him.

His jaw dropped in astonishment, he acted like he'd never seen me before.

"Mend your evil ways, Skeletor." I implored him, "it's never too late to come back to the side of righteousness."

He continued to stare at me. He made no move to attack, or speak.

I began to wonder if my words had moved him in some way. I looked back at the others, to see what their reaction was to Skeletor's strange behaviour.

They were staring at me, diary, mouths agape, like they'd never seen me before.

It was then I caught a glimpse of my sword, dairy. Except it wasn't my sword...It was my sister's.

I looked down at my outfit, diary, and wished that the ground would swallow me whole.

An excerpt taken from the Prince Adam Diaries

The Master of Insanity CJ Clifford's Avatar
    Riiiiigggghhhhht . . . . . .

..... wow. Is this what you think about when not writing your other fics? This is really weird, but still I'm interested in what else you can come up with.... I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.