Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catslyn's Shorties

In The Snake Men Army, serving King Hsss, planning to once again rule all of Eternia
    AHAHAHAHA! I love these short stories!

Greater than Excalibur Sword of Omens's Avatar
    Woah! So Adam is a girl, who thinks she's a boy. Does that mean we get to see some "girl-on-girl" action?

Oh wait....damn....according to CC, I just missed that action

EDIT: Dudes! Just realised. that wasn't girl-on-girl action, that was incestuous
    Sic vis pacem para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war

Soul Fire
    Incest is best, put your cousin to the test Can't remember where I first saw that...

catslyn

I'm Crowded

This is a piece of silliness set during a court camping trip when many of the campers are forced by circumstances to share make-shift beds. This is meant to be sung, so if I can ever get my mic to work I’ll sing it and post that as well. BTW: This is a blatant filk of another song.

Ten Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    “I’m crowded… roll over…”
    And they all rolled over and Ram Man fell off.

Nine Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Mek fell off.

Eight Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Stratos fell off.

Seven Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Buzz-Off fell off.

Six Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Man-E fell off.

Five Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Sy-Klone fell off.

Four Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Orko fell off.

Three Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Teela fell off.

Two Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Duncan fell off.

One Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    “I’m lonely… ”

"Ten little monkeys jumpin' on the bed... one falls off & bumps his little head..."

Catsy, you're weird, but then.... we knew that!

Fan-Girl
    lol cute. Surprisingly not weird like your other shorties.

Aisleigh

Originally posted by Catslyn

Three Masters in the bed and the little prince said,
    And they all rolled over and Teela fell off.
    I would have thought it would have stopped just before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

catslyn

Extended Family

Hey Folks!
    Here is a new shortie for you. It is unrelated to any of my other stories. Enjoy!

“You wanted to see me, Sorceress?” Duncan asked, looking up at the winged woman sitting so motionlessly in the throne of Castle Grayskull.

“Yes, Duncan, thank you for coming so swiftly,” she said softly, though her voice carried clearly to his ears nevertheless. She rose from her seat and took graceful flight, gliding down to his level.

The Master watched her approach with some trepidation, wondering what had prompted her use of his given name. She’s usually so formal. I can’t remember the last time that she called me Duncan instead of Man-At-Arms.

“I have need of your help,” she said, when she landed at his side. She spoke matter-of-factly, but her eyes were shadowed pools of pain. The kind of gut wrenching pain that Duncan had not seen on her face in well more than a decade.

“Should I call for He-Man?”

“No!” The Sorceress reached toward him, almost as if she intended to physically prevent him from making any such call, but she pulled back quickly, looking dismayed and vaguely disoriented. “I don’t – Adam cannot help, and he must not be told of anything that transpires here today.”

“As you wish,” Duncan said, watching her worriedly. Leaning closer, he urged her, “Tell me what’s wrong! Let me help you!”

“You are… the only one who possibly could,” she said, smiling sadly. “Come. Follow me.” And with that, she took once more to the air, winging away down a dimly lit hall.

The Master hurried after her, growing more and more alarmed by every sign of her anguish. What could possibly cause her to react this way? Surely – it can’t be something wrong with Teela! I’d know! Unless she’s had a vision of something to come. No, not that. Elders, please, not my daughter…

What felt like hours later, though it could only have been a few scant minutes, Duncan followed the Sorceress into a small room off a dark and narrow hall. Once through the door, he found himself in a light and airy space. A breeze blew through the room, startling since there were no windows at all, and the light that illuminated the space looked and felt like sunlight.

In the center of the room was a tiny bed with high sides that Duncan recognized with a shocking jolt. He’d watched the Sorceress lift Teela from that same cradle sixteen years ago. He’d never forgotten the near despair with which the Sorceress had placed her only child in his arms. Oh, she’d tried to put on a brave front, but her eyes betrayed her pain then… as they did now.

Duncan hardly dared to breathe as he crept closer to the bed and gazed down at the infant lying within, placidly sucking on one of its feet. The child looked to be no more than two months old. Wearing only a diaper, it – for Duncan did not yet know its gender – was completely hairless, and its skin was an odd shade of bronzed green. Lifting the edge of the diaper, Duncan discovered that he was looking at a girl… a very unusual girl with the body of a human and the mottled skin of the Snake Men. Her eyes were what captivated him, though. They were unquestionably familiar, for he’d seen them before in two dearly loved faces – the faces of Teela, his daughter, and of Teelana, her mother, the Sorceress of Grayskull.

His lips moved, but no words would come. He stared, mesmerized at the infant, until it reached up and grabbed his finger. As they child began to suck on the edge of his hand, he finally managed a bleak and breathless, “How?”

Standing like a stone gorgon, all expression wiped from her face save the pain that shone from her eyes, the Sorceress explained. “When King Hsss broke into Grayskull and attacked me, I… lost consciousness for a time. I did not know what took place in those few, dark minutes until a vision came to me six months ago, a vision of the child that lay so secretly in my womb.”

“Are you all right?” Duncan demanded, turning and taking her by the shoulders. “I swear I’ll kill that monster for this!”

“His time will come,” the Sorceress agreed. “But that is not why I called you here.” Her voice was remarkably steady, almost numb, as she said, “I must find her a home.”

“I will take her,” Duncan announced without a hint of hesitation. “She should be raised with Teela. It wouldn’t be right to – ”

“No, Duncan. Not this time.”

“But – ”

“Look at her!” the Sorceress cried. “She is a half-breed! Seeing her, no one could wonder what she is!”

“Does that matter to you?” he demanded, aghast. “I wouldn’t have believed that you would care! Surely you don’t blame the child!”

“No, of course not,” the Sorceress said soothingly, placing one hand on his cheek as she spoke. “But it is not what I feel that matters. She is the child of a Snake Man. No one will accept her. She would be subject to every form of malice and cruelty if she came to live with you. Worse still, Hsss would almost certainly learn of her existence and… I could not bear it if he – ”

She began to weep noisily, collapsing against his chest, and Duncan wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. “I understand, Teelana. I understand. Let it out”

When she regained control, far sooner than could possibly be healthy for her, she gazed up into Duncan’s face with an expression of mingled gratitude, hope and sorrow. “You must help me. I don’t know what to do.”

“Is there some way you could hide what she is?”

The Sorceress shook her head. “A glamour could work, but they are easily seen through. Hsss, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn… even Marzo would be able to look at her and see what she truly was. There is one way in which I could more permanently alter her appearance, an actual physical change, but…”

“What?”

“It would require the collaboration of a human male.”

“All right,” Duncan said quickly. “Do it.”

"No! Listen to me! I cannot erase her Snake Man heritage, but I could mask it by introducing a third genetic strain into her body. A… well, a second father of sorts. Her body would literally change, growing more human, at least on the surface. But her true nature would remain largely intact. There is great power within her. One day, when she matures into that power, her true form might reassert itself…”

“I can take that risk,” he insisted. “I’ll make sure she’s prepared for the possibility.”

“Duncan, the process would be very painful. I could only shield one participant of the spell, and the other would be forced to endure the most excruciating pain – ”

“Then shield our daughter and get on with it, Teelana!” he snapped. “If you think I’m letting you send Teela’s sister off to be raised by someone else, you’re utterly mad.”

For several long seconds, the Sorceress simply stared at him. Then, a hint of a smile on her lips, she asked the last question he’d expected to hear. “I have given her no name. What will you call her?”

He blinked, then with a smile of his own, he said, “Srina, after my mother. Unless you object.”

“No, Duncan. I have no objections, and I… thank you.”
    Last edited by catslyn; March 13, 2004 at 11:22am.

and then.....
    Muah

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Oh that lucky snake.

Yes I await more please.

Feel feel to have Duncan get freaky with Teelana.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

That's interesting, Cats....

Very interesting

This, as you said, just gives you fodder for a full blown story later on if you desire.....

Rissa
    Oh, my, yes, the possibilities from this one are staggering. How would Teela react, at her age, to suddenly having a baby sister? How much hell is she going to give her father when she finds out that he's the *biological* paternal unit in question for this one, and Teela still doesn't know her father even dated? And just wait 'til Teela notices that they have mostly the same -- uber rare -- blood type?

Also, there's alleged brother Fisto. "You gave ME grief for MY lifestyle? At least *I* don't shack up on the sly with women who don't follow through on the consequences, my oh-so-moral sibling!"

Nitpicking criticism:
    The seventh paragraph from the bottom needs an opening quotation mark. Above that, the words "one hand" are missing an e.
    {voice="Bugs Bunny"}Ain't I a stinkah?{/voice}

Non-nitpicking criticism:
    It is so TOTALLY UNFAIR that the cartoon set up these great characters, who portray hints of mutual history with staggering depth and breadth, and then -- in the name of restoring the status quo for rerun purposes -- are forced to chicken out at top speed. And then we privileged members of the Org get to read stories like THIS, where supporting cast are the stars of their own intriguing lives complete with wists and worries appropriate for their maturities and lifestyles, which the unenlightened casual t.v. viewer can only barely imagine.
    I say we arrange a subversive takeover of Mattel, and get the web address for this community printed on every Boy's Toy Division package (in fine print, of course, on the back) for the next while. Anyone who comes to us through THAT route has to subsidize his/her membership by purchasing the next five comics, and a new figure.

And then mail-order chocolates and a masseur for Catslyn and Eideann.

((Comments on Fervani will be forthcoming after sleep. I read while listening to my brother over the phone, and my multitasking would've been strained to the Rissa Is Stooopid point.))

catslyn
    Originally posted by Rissa
    Nitpicking criticism:
    The seventh paragraph from the bottom needs an opening quotation mark. Above that, the words "one hand" are missing an e.
    {voice="Bugs Bunny"}Ain't I a stinkah?{/voice}
    Fixed.

Thanks for pointing those out.

Fusion Blaster
    That was definatly an interesting little ficlet...

very interesting indeed.

Nice. Very nice indeed.
    "That's far enough, Skeletor!" I yelled, jumping directly in front of him.

His jaw dropped in astonishment, he acted like he'd never seen me before.

"Mend your evil ways, Skeletor." I implored him, "it's never too late to come back to the side of righteousness."

He continued to stare at me. He made no move to attack, or speak.

I began to wonder if my words had moved him in some way. I looked back at the others, to see what their reaction was to Skeletor's strange behaviour.

They were staring at me, diary, mouths agape, like they'd never seen me before.

It was then I caught a glimpse of my sword, dairy. Except it wasn't my sword...It was my sister's.

I looked down at my outfit, diary, and wished that the ground would swallow me whole.

An excerpt taken from the Prince Adam Diaries

Our Lady of Perverse Fic eideann's Avatar
    I wait on tenterhooks for the next bizarre ficlet that will emerge from this diseased brain.

I would also very much like to see more of this tale, but can we have some more Sacrifice & Service or Best Forgotten? Please?
    Fred is a blind stoat.

There is no future in the past, so forget this tomorrow.

One-third of the Triumverate of Evil.
    One-half of Obvious Kidnappers, Ink
    Founding member of the 60-inch Club
    Founding Member of the CHICKS OF FANFIC.

Heroic Eternian Beekeeper Meta Ray Mek's Avatar
    That was disturbing. O.o;

.... Then again, I'm a girl, and I have a fish-man as an avatar, so I'm not one to judge.
    formerly known as 'the parasite eve'

"Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine.”

In The Snake Men Army, serving King Hsss, planning to once again rule all of Eternia
    These short stories are GREAT!

catslyn

Anniversary

I am re-posting it at the request of a couple people who missed it before it was taken off during THE GREAT PURGE!

Anyway, this story was originally written as a "payment" to a fellow fan. It is complete, so enjoy reading.

Crown Prince Adam of Eternia stood before the full-length mirror in his bathing chamber and studied his reflection with great care. Then, frowning, he reached out and brushed a stray golden lock back into place. It promptly returned to its original position, hanging rakishly into his eyes, but the prince did not notice for he had already moved his critical inspection onto other areas. He adjusted the leather straps across He-Man’s thickly muscled torso, fidgeted with the chest plate, and altered the angle of the sword hanging on his back. Then he took two steps back and struck a heroic pose, arms crossed in front of him. He held it for exactly five seconds before his shoulders sagged and he started hyperventilating again.

This is ridiculous. She’s my wife. There’s nothing to be nervous about. Taking a deep breath and then exhaling slowly, he assumed a new pose, this time with his hands on his hips and flashed a brilliant smile at the mirror. It quickly melted and he found himself sitting on the side of the bathtub with his head in his hands. Could I possibly get more pathetic? he wondered dismally. She’s not going to be very impressed if I act like a bloody virgin. Especially not tonight – not on our fifth anniversary. He rubbed his hands together and, slowly, a genuine smile spread across lips. Five years with Teela – the mother of my child.

He stood abruptly, marched back to the mirror and threw his best in your face, Skeletor attitude at it. The effect was everything that he, or Teela, could have wished for. Just keep it together boy, he exhorted himself. She deserves this. The Elders only know just how much she deserves this.

The air coming in through the open bathroom windows was warm and heavy with the perfumes of summer. The perfect conditions for a late evening ride. He could tell that Teela had been puzzled, somewhat hurt and more than a tiny bit suspicious when he declined to go with her. It didn’t take a genius like Man-At-Arms to tell that she was angling for a little romance, but Adam had desperately needed that spare hour to prepare their rooms for an even more romantic tryst and to mentally prepare himself for what he was about to do.

Technically, they’d exchanged gifts just after waking that morning, a new staff for her and a new saddle for him. Not that waking in Teela’s arms isn’t present enough for me. It was hard to believe that it was only six years since the day that she’d made one twenty-five-year-old, extremely nervous, border-line panicked, crown prince the happiest man alive by agreeing to be his bride. Five year since she’d made him the most relieved man alive by actually showing up for their wedding, and almost four years to the day since she’d presented him with his heir.

Their daughter. His little angel. If there was a way she could be any cuter, he simply could not imagine what it was. With her mother’s beautiful hair, her grandpa Randor’s cobalt blue eyes, her grandma Marlena’s grace, her grandma Teelana’s melodious voice and her grandpa Duncan’s wit, she was just about perfect. Oh, and of course, she had her daddy’s heart. At least, that was what everyone told him. Little Melisande was such a tender-hearted child that he was never certain whether they meant that she had his sensibilities or if the comment was merely a reference to how thoroughly wrapped around her tiny finger he was.

The day Melisande was born, he’d thought his heart would burst with the joy of it. The day of her Presentation, when she was officially put on display for all the courtiers to gawk at, was one of the worst of his life. Skeletor had attacked in force and while Adam was off changing into He-Man, Beastman, that flea-bitten monstrosity, had actually gotten his hands on her. The memory of the ensuing rescue, the battle, the attempted sacrifice of HIS little girl – it still gave him nightmares. He’d been so shaken, He-Man had been so shaken, that he slipped up and Teela saw him transform back into Adam.

Not that she bothered to tell me that she knew the truth, oh no. The fish-eyed, almost hostile stares with which she’d favored him in the days following the battle, the long contemplative looks as she studied him – well, by the end of the third day, Adam had become convinced that she despised him. He’d run away from yet another fight, and this time their daughter had almost paid the price. How could she not despise him?

Heartbroken, Adam had moved into a guest room. No one asked why, which only confirmed in his mind the certainty that his wife must loathe him. And Melisande… he’d realized for the first time what it might be like for his darling girl to grow up with an acknowledged coward for a father. The teasing. The scorn. The disgust. He’d sobbed for hours and in the darkest hour of the night he’d come close to taking the most cowardly action of his life. Not even Cringer could comfort him, though his loyal companion had done his level best. No. Only the knowledge that Eternia needed He-Man stayed his hand and kept the blade from his throat.

And a blasted good thing it did, too, Adam thought as he once more tweaked his bangs into some semblance of order. Teela would have been so furious she’d have tracked me down in the afterlife just so she could kick my tail one more time. He snorted, still caught up in the memory of that day.

There was no denying that waking up with her in his arms had gone a long way toward healing his troubled heart. Her pseudo-innocently asked, “Are we moving into these rooms, dear?” had brought instant tears to his eyes and he’d cried out his relief on her shoulder. When his grief was spent, he’d lain there limply in her arms while she played with hair. The dawn light had played on her beautiful, soft skin. She’d hummed quietly, much the way she did to calm their daughter’s nighttime fidgets. And then – she’d said the magic words.

“I love you, Adam” she’d said, her voice choked with emotion. “I know you’re He-Man because I saw you change back the day they took Melisande, but I still love you anyway… and I am going to personally strangle my father.”

Miracle of miracles, the hate-filled looks she’d been sending his way were not actually directed at him! Amazingly, she was infuriated on his behalf! It was everyone else she was enraged with, as she’d been only too happy to explain to him at great length.

“Clearly,” she’d snapped, “my loving father must know the truth. The Sorceress, too. As for your parents – ”

“They don’t know,” he’d hastily assured her.

Teela’d smiled kindly at him, stroked his cheek with her thumb, and said “Obviously. They are quite clearly IDIOTS!” The memory of the sheer, trembling fury in her voice had been enough to keep Adam walking on air for weeks afterward. She knew. Finally, she knew. And she was on his side!

I don’t think I really knew what a towering rage was until that day she confronted her father. Poor Duncan. The shouting had been clearly audible, if not intelligible, throughout the palace. Unfortunately for them, his parents had made the mistake the very next day of asking Teela if something was bothering her. The verbal battle that followed had been both spectacular and horrific. Adam shuddered. That’s not a memory I care to relive. Still, it wasn’t all bad. Mother and Father finally learned the truth about me.

Adam grinned. No man could ask for a more supportive wife. Or more intelligent. Or beautiful. Absolutely beautiful and she just keeps getting prettier. He laughed aloud. I can’t wait to see what she looks like at sixty.

At the ripe old age of thirty-one, the Prince Adam had recently begun noticing laugh lines around his eyes. His golden hair was as fair as ever, but his eyesight was beginning to get a little questionable. It won’t be long before I’m wearing spectacles to read, he admitted with a resigned sigh. Luckily for him, and for all of Eternia, the man reflected before him at that moment was eternally young, forever at his peak, forevermore beautiful and strong. And he, Adam thought sourly, doesn’t have a bad back. What woman wouldn’t want him… the mammoth man. He-Man. He rubbed his face. What if she never wants Adam again? I guess… I’ll just have to live with… whatever she wants.

There was a sharp rap on the door to the bathroom, and Adam/He-Man all but jumped out of his heroic skin. “Adam, honey, are you in there?” There was an oddly amused lilt to her voice.

It’s her! Oh, crud, I didn’t hear – I wasn’t paying attention – I – At least I got the candles lit and the flowers out before I came in here to make the change. He had intended to be waiting for her, decoratively lounging across the petal-strewn bed, but – too late now. At least age has deepened my voice enough not to be obviously false. Taking a deep, nervous breath, he called back, “You’re early, hon. I’ll be right out.”

“All right. Take as much time as you need,” she sang back, sounding rather breathless through the intervening wood, stone and plaster. Now he could quite clearly hear Teela making her own hectic preparations. Was that… yup, she just opened the wardrobe. Maybe I better give her a couple minutes.

While he waited for the scurried sounds of her movements to taper off, he studied He-Man’s reflection one last time. In all the time she’s known my secret, she’s never asked for this. Never once. But I know… I know she wants him. Well, tonight, I’m serving him up. Adam fought back an unexpected wave of nausea at the flashback his thoughts evoked. He-Man, drugged and bound to an enormous platter, waiting to be served to the Bolerese king. No one had thought to warn him that the country’s aristocrats were cannibals. Why spoil the fun after all? Being rescued by the Masters was so… ugg.

Teela called to him again. “Are you ever coming out?” This time, her voice held a hint of steel in its depths. Taking one, last, bracing breath, He-Man yanked the door open and stepped into the bed chamber he shared with his wife, his princess, his soul mate.

Teela was draped across the bed, wrapped in something green and silky. Her auburn hair hung unfettered, fanned out beside her. The fabric had been carefully arranged such that, other than her face, one tanned shoulder and one long, shapely leg were all that showed. His breath caught in his throat and any thought of a manly, heroic entrance was forgotten as he slowly approached the bed.

Teela’s eyes were incredibly wide, candlelight glinting in their depths. Her mouth opened, closed, opened again, then closed with a decisive snap. Her gaze traveled from the roots of his hair to the soles of his raw-hide boots and back again. He trembled.

“Well,” she said after an eternity of just looking at him. “This is… unexpected.” Her tone was smoothly neutral, revealing nothing.

He-Man gulped and knelt slowly on the edge of the bed, careful not to wind up on top of her splayed hair. That wouldn’t end well. He risked a small smile and got one in return. His heart leapt in his chest. Emboldened, he leaned forward and gently brushed her lips with his. She let out a small sigh and returned the feathery kiss. He leaned in, leaned over her – and was promptly pushed back onto his haunches.

“Did I do something wrong?” he blurted before he could stop himself, then winced. If there was any character trait of his guaranteed to put a damper on the festivities, it was his insecurity.

But Teela just smiled wryly and shook her head. “That was very interesting, but if you don’t mind, He-Man, I’d like to make love to my husband now.”

He-Man blinked. “But, I thought – I mean, you – you were always flirting with – ” Taking a deep breath, he took the plunge, “Don’t you want to spend the night with the most powerful man in the universe?”

Teela laughed, got onto her knees and gave him an enormous hug. “Thank you, He-Man. That is a very gentlemanly offer. But I would much rather spend the night with the sexiest man in the universe, and that just isn’t you.”

He-Man only barely managed to restrain himself from asking who she meant before it dawned on him. Me. She wants me! She wants Adam! The return transformation took only a moment and then they were falling to the bed together, intertwined and giggling.

Epilogue

“Grandpa, why aren’t Mommy and Daddy reading me my bedtime story tonight?” Melisande asked as she gazed up into the much loved, hairy face above hers.

The man she’d sometimes heard others call Man-At-Arms smiled down her as he tucked a stuffed tiger into the bed beside her. “They’re having a special night together, Mellie. This is an important day for them.”

She contemplated this for a moment. A special day. “Are they having a pillow fight?”

“Ummm…”

She tilted her head as his skin turned pink, like her nightdress. “I heard them laughing once and bouncing on the bed. Mommy said it was a pillow fight, but I couldn’t come because it was past my bedtime.”

The pinkness darkened. He coughed. “That’s probably what they’re doing right now, honey.”
    Last edited by catslyn; March 15, 2004 at 09:41pm.

That was interesting. :o

hehe! that was cute. pillow fight, lol.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

That's cute! lol

catslyn

For Stratos88

Skeletor fired his Havoc Staff at the Masters. And they all died.

THE END!

Stratos88

Re: For Stratos88

Originally posted by catslyn
    Skeletor fired his Havoc Staff at the Masters. And they all died.

THE END!
    Thanks.

catslyn
    I have a new story, but it is in the Other Fanfic Forum. It is a Justice League story called Superchump.

Please read and review.

Thanks.

Superchump