Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Us! Help create a MOTU RPG Maker 2003 Game

I give up. That Two-Bad is simply great.

The bigger they are... Innershade's Avatar

Count Marz0

I am still not satisfied with the glowing effect but that should be fine for now.
    Need a comission? PM me...

The cantina is good, but it doesn't fit readily into the background format. About 2/3 of the background should be solid ground that slopes towards the screen. Musclor had some great screen captures as well, but they need to be modified to accommodate the characters. Here's a couple examples of what the background should look like. Would anyone like to try to create some? We need backgrounds for snake mountain, castle grayskull, palace of eternia, and avion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Uglor; April 4, 2004 at 12:30pm.
    Visit www.myspace.com/diemath to check out my artwork and music.

First off, could everyone who would like to volunteer email me at moturpg@yahoo.com(who haven't already). I'm compiling a list and will try and communicate with the team via email. You might want to put on the email your board name as well as what you would like to volunteer to do.

Secondly, I was thinking about putting Granamyr in the videogame. He's cool as hell and would be definitely make the game more enjoyable. What does everyone think?
    Last edited by Uglor; April 4, 2004 at 10:46pm.

It will take quite the story to include all of these characters, but if it can be done, bring on Granamyr! Everyone here at the Org would love to see him included in the game I'm sure. (I make this assumption due to the fuss created when the 2002-2003 cartoon series left the old dragon out of its mythos.)

Here's a better Avion. Oh and Myko will be putting some of your artwork into a demo he created, which could be released as early as next week. Does anyone have battle sprites for he-man? If you have them, we could definitely use them for the demo. Thanks!
    Last edited by Uglor; April 6, 2004 at 04:51pm.

Here's Toni's awesome battle animation for he-man. Isn't it great? Now we should be able to release a demo game Myko created sometime next week if we get a couple of backgrounds completed.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    what about making granamyr a thing you have to get to, to advance the plot. it seems the only way he could be inculded
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

EnnTwoOne
    I didn't think the project would take such an extent. Do you have some work in progress screenshots ? What engine have you been using ?

My idea is that it would might have been maybe easier for oyu all to create a fighting game ? There are probably more easier-to-handle game engines in the fighting game genre.

Anyway ! tell us the story or show us some screenshots !!!

Down With the Sickness! Jack T. Chance's Avatar
    The Planet Garnet, AKA Hellhole, Space Sector 0017
    Quote Originally Posted by Innershade

I am still not satisfied with the glowing effect but that should be fine for now.
    Dude, that is one AWESOME Count Marzo!
    On June 17th, 2011...
    No evil shall escape
    his sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Uglor
    Here's Toni's awesome battle animation for he-man. Isn't it great? Now we should be able to release a demo game Myko created sometime next week if we get a couple of backgrounds completed.
    Hmm, I see that you changed small parts of it. But maybe it was because the background of the gif was transparent?

This is what the sprites should have actually looked like. Of course, feel free to use the other version, I'm just posting it just in case.

Toni-Yeah I had to change your file into a png and had to convert the colors in order for it to work in RPG Maker 2003. The version of your he-man animation I posted should work properly.

EnnTwoOne-Most of us who are working on the game have never done anything like this. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve and of course it's going to take time to become familiar with the software. There's been alot of work put into this already and we're not just going to give up and make a fighting game because it's time consuming to make a RPG. After the initial art is created, work on the actual game should get rolling along. We're not going to release screen shots, but we are planning on releasing Myko's demo sometime later next week, fresh with much of the new art that people have done for the game. My advice..... be patient!

the_ultimate_evil-I really want to put granamyr in the game and am currently trying to work him into the story as a major character.

Everyone-After gbagok gives me permission, I will post his face portraits for the game. Expect our first demo sometime late next week, which will largely be based on the original mini-comics. Myko made it awhile ago, but we thought it might lure more volunteers in if we release it with the new artwork that many of you have contributed.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but still, the thing about converting pictures first sound strange to me. RM2k could import both png and bmp files with 256 colors, so converting colors would have made sense if I had used more than 256 colors for this sprite. This is obviusly not the case. In fact, it uses only 15 unique colors (including the background color).
    I may not know a lot about RM2k3 as I prefer using the RM2k, but it would definately surprise me if RM2k3 handled the import of graphics any different than its predecessor.

You know, even if it may sound so, but I have no problem with a change (especially one that small) for whatever reason, but the lack of any reason in this case is what confuses me.

I've made a lot of sprites for RM2k games, so I'm pretty sure that my version of it works properly colorwise, or else I wouldn't have send it to you.

Toni-I think I have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to colors and formats. I just couldn't get yours to import. Myko seems to know more about it than I do. He should be back after easter.

Everyone-here's some face portraits brought to you by gbagok. I think they're pretty rad. I can't wait to see his backgrounds.

and here's more gbagok face portraits.....

Okay, I've tested it, and as I expected, no conversion of colors was necessary. I could import it without any problem at all.

To make things easier for you, here's the png version of the spritesheet.

Toni is right, the image has to be 256 colors, but all images don't have to share the same color palette. The only requirement is that the top-left (first) color in the palette is the transparency color.
    Myko - The Most Powerful Mushroom in the Universe
    a.k.a. The Official King of Cool

http://myko--.deviantart.com

I have no idea why, but I plugged in toni's battle sprite and i get a purple square around he-man and many of the colors are off. I've had no problems importing, but once i tested the game, much of the colors don't appear as they should. I only switched the colors to indexed and png on photoshop to get he-man's animation to look proper. But once again, this is not my area of expertise. It looks like gbagok's face portraits might need to be converted too as some of the colors don't appear as they should when plugged into RPG Maker. Maybe it's the copy of RPG maker 2003 I have or perhaps I'm just not doing something correctly. It won't matter how the art appears on my copy anyway, seeing as how much of the art work will go into Myko's demo. Once again Toni and Myko, I'll defer to you when it comes to coloring so long as the sprites appear correctly during gameplay.

Toni The He-Man animation is fantastic, however there is a problem. The left/right hand animations must be made with the hands in certain positions to make sure they will grip the weapons.
    Myko - The Most Powerful Mushroom in the Universe
    a.k.a. The Official King of Cool

http://myko--.deviantart.com

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    thought i'd give this another go, i'm not a patch on innershade, but i thought id try POP to be different, again this is a frankensprite, its mostly rogue, but theres a few others mixed in there , not to sure if i'm as happy as i was with my first sprite, something just doesnt seem right

feedback good or bad is always welcome
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

The sprite is good Ultimate, but when I look at her, I see Glimmer with wings, rather than Angella. But I really do like it. The game could use a few more ladies (just like MotU, but that's my opinion).

Speaking of which, did anyone make a Sorceress or a Goddess sprite for this rpg? Teela?

The bigger they are... Innershade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplashed
    Sorceress or a Teela?
    -I'm currently workin' on it-
    Need a comission? PM me...

Can't wait.

Here's the battle ram folks. Plug it in.

Here's the collector.