Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Us! Help create a MOTU RPG Maker 2003 Game

Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st
    can you play mp3 musics in the game ??? I know the Japanese and French version of RPG MAKER 2K3 can do it
    Yes you can, and we do
    Myko - The Most Powerful Mushroom in the Universe
    a.k.a. The Official King of Cool

http://myko--.deviantart.com

Toni graciously edited his he-man sprite to fit the weapons myko created as well as added a walk animation. It looks fantastic! I'm drooling over the thought of a man-at-arms battle sprite so please beg him to create one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit www.myspace.com/diemath to check out my artwork and music.

So what are the news for this project ??? Is the game dead ???
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st
    So what are the news for this project ??? Is the game dead ???
    I haven't heard from Uglor in a while, but as far as I know we're waiting on graphics production.

So what's up for that game ??? is it discontinued ???

I hope not because it will be very cool to have a motu rpg video game
    Musclor

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

My computer has been down for months and I haven't been able to continue coordinating work on the game. I ordered a new computer and it should be arriving sometime this week. I really hope its not too late to get people on board the project once again because i think this game is definitely worthwhile. Myko is correct in that artwork still needs to be completed.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on the battle sprites (now that you mentioned that you are still waiting for artwork). Sorry that I'm so slow.

Anyway, here's a small teaser of MAA:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow Toni! That is really exceptional! I don't care how long it takes you, just seeing the results makes it all worth the wait. Once again, great job. I can't wait to see what he looks like when he fires his weapon.

The bigger they are... Innershade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    That's a very nice job here.
    Before I decide to join the project again I wonder lol why my work is still needed ? what bigger sprites deserve to?
    Need a comission? PM me...

Innershade, we're still going to need enemy sprites, which you seem to excell at. For now, we're going to need some of the lesser enemies made, such as the griffins, but we're also going to need a version of the pink monster from the first mini-comic.

Also, we especially need someone to help make the tiles to the entrance of grayskull. If anyone is able to do this, please pm me.
    Last edited by Uglor; August 14, 2004 at 06:49pm.

Will a beta demo be available soon ???
    Musclor

Not until all of the artwork is done. There's still the following that needs done...

1. Purple monster and griffin sprite
    2. Castle Grayskull Tile set
    3. Man-at-Arms and Teela battle animation

Once these are done, Myko might release his demo I believe. Beyond the demo, I'm not sure what will happen as few people have committed to helping. If we can get interest up and volunteers to help we might be able to get back on track. Once again we need the following....

1. stats!
    2. level designs
    3. npc dialog and placement
    4. Tile editors
    5. object creators
    a. tile art
    b. stats
    6. magic spells
    a. stats
    b. animation
    7. Enemy Sprite Art
    8. backgrounds
    9. face sprites
    10. battle animation
    11. cut scenes

That's a ton of work for a handful of people to do and unless more volunteers come forward this will take quite sometime to gel. I still think we could make a great game if we all do our part. The people that have already have contributed have done an outstanding job and their efforts are certainly appreciated.

There's waay too many posts here to read them all, but I can simply comment: I love RPG Maker, and look forward to any game(s) that get made. I haven't gotten too far in producing my own games thus far (working on one, but I have way to many hobbies to concentrate on it...) but I love playing other people's games. Anyways. Just wanted to show my support even if I can't help out.

~Imp

RPG Maker XP

Hi gang!

This post is based on a PM I sent to Uglor, regarding the new RPG Maker XP. He thought I should post here and ask your opinions.

RPG Maker XP has been released and it looks pretty good.

The new features that we could use are:

- Higher resolution 640x480 with 32 bit colors. Looks fantastic.
    - Unlimited tileset size. We can do as detailed maps as we want.
    - Unlimited character size. We will be able to make characters like beast-man and two-bad substancially larger then other characters, as well as put in as much detail as we like. Also we can make less cartoony-looking sprites.
    - Advanced scripting system, we will be able to change the game on a much more fundamental level if necessary.

And the drawbacks:

- New battle system. The new battle system is a front system. Monsters are seen from the front and the player characters are just displayed as static images over the status bar. Battle animations are no longer used so the work we put into that would be lost, same with weapon animations. On the plus side is that we wouldn't need to make battle animations (very time consuming) and we can use higher quality images.
    - No face sets. The faces have been removed but I've read that they can be scripted back in.
    - We'd have to redraw most of the art. The backgrounds can still be used, and gbagok probably has higher resulotion images anyway.
    - 20 fps. The game seems limited to 20 frames per second. I get the impression that motion is a little jerky and slow.

Have a look at the information here for more info and screenshots:
    http://www.phylomortis.com/html/rmxp1.html

The main drawback is the new battle system. It's quite boring compared to the side-view battle system of RM2K3. But it will cut artwork time down dramatically. Here's a sample I created using gbagok's art from the Anwat Gar thread, it does in no way represent the actual art used for the game. (Let me know if you want me to take this down gbagok.)

Let's hear some opinions on RMXP and the new battle system!

Wow, I didn't know there was a new RPGMaker...I'm still playing with the first one, although I did buy the second one and pretty much never touched it...but going by the screenshot you posted Myko I'd say I need to go shopping. (Like I have time for video games anymore anyways... )

~Imp

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Imp, they aren't talking about the Playstation game RPG Maker. The program they are talking about is a PC program of the same name and similar design. Plus it's freeware so you don't have to go shopping.

Oh and I believe this is my 100th post!!!
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

A big fan of Slush Head
    I'll say go for it that sounds great!!!

I have to admit that I don't like rpg maker xp nearly as much as 2003. The lack of menu options really limits what we can do unless someone is willing to step up on the programming end. There are a couple of test games with side view battle systems that we might cannibalize, but I think that the results would be inferior to the little we have done for the original game on 2003.

While I can definitely see Myko's perspective that this would cut down on the work time, I still think that we would be better served by sticking with 2003, at least until the new xp version undergoes some well needed revamping. I don't think that our problem is with the game designing system itself, but in the lack of progress we have made on the story, stats and art work. If we can get a more stringent time table together, I think we would have more to show for it game wise.

I know that people are still probably scratching their heads over the lack of a demo release, which was promised months ago. The truth is there is still work that needs to be done on the art. We still need a purple monster sprite(from the original comic), a castle grayskull tile set, and a man at arms, teela, and sorceress battle sprite. If these could be completed, i'm sure Myko would probably release the demo. I've personally tried my hand at making the purple monster to no avail and animation is something that is completely alien to me. I don't know how to get this done other then to bribe the artists, but I doubt we have the resources to do this.

This project has taken quite some time and the fruits undoubtedly seemed unreachable, yet I contend that we can still salvage a fun game out of this. We really need someone to do tile editing, and if you're good at such work, we desperately need you for this project. Get in touch with me immediately if you're interested. Also, for folks who want to see this game see the light of day, please let the artists that have worked on the game so far know how great their work has been and encourage them. Lee has been there from the very beginning and has done an outstanding job creating walking animation for the characters. Innershade has contributed some amazing sprites which fit perfectly with the game's engine. Gbagok stepped up and lent us his capable talent by making backgrounds and face sprites. Myko has not only served as the glue of the operation as programmer and came up with the weapon animation. And finally Toni's he-man sprite is a perfect example of the level of art I wanted to see in the game. Once more hero characters have been animated, this game is going to impress everyone. This game isn't dead yet.

And here's a more comprehensive list of things provided by Myko we need to complete the demo..........

Gameplay bugs
    - What do do when a hero dies? Medium

Gameplay tweaks
    - Display cutscene image longer before Medium
    message text
    - Credits need nicer graphics? Medium

Missing graphics
    - Greyskull interior background Medium
    - Riverbed background Low
    - Rock/mountain background Low
    - Goddess map sprite Medium
    - Goddess battle sprite Medium
    - Man-at-Arms battle sprite High
    - Teela battle sprite High
    - More interesting Greyskull entrance Low

Missing music
    - World map music Medium
    - Battle music Low
    - Boss music Low
    - More music? Specific region music? Low

I really don't want this project to die this way. Once again I'm trying to get folks to come back aboard as well as bring new people in on it. Is anyone game?

Quote Originally Posted by Uglor
    Missing graphics
    - Greyskull interior background Medium
    - Riverbed background Low
    - Rock/mountain background Low
    - Goddess map sprite Medium
    - Goddess battle sprite Medium
    - Man-at-Arms battle sprite High
    - Teela battle sprite High
    - More interesting Greyskull entrance Low
    Is this what you need for tile edits?

I get a nice overview reading the posts, but not a clear pictue of what is done and what isn't. I have experiance making games like this using power tools (mostly the games factory ) and Adobe Photoshop. PM me. Let's get together on this. From what I see most of the work for a games factory game is already done(and I'm tempted to do the bloody thing myself.). I'm trying to get a copy of RPG maker to see what it's like.
    I'm perfectly normal! It's the rest of the world that is NUTS!

The only possible thing I could do to help is writing. I still don't know how to make graphics or anything in RPG Maker.

~Imp

About the battle system, cant you make a new one? for rpgm2k3 i saw the side view, the normal one, an FF tactics type, etc.

I'll do what I can as far as sprites are concerned.