Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Us! Help create a MOTU RPG Maker 2003 Game

Nintendo owns my life.
    Wow thats great.

Trapjaw

Here's my Trapjaw...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bak-or - Evil Master of Mean-Spiritedness

I've got several backgrounds, but I'm having trouble with my computer today and I don't know when I'll get it working again (posting this from a different computer that doesn't have graphics). I can however post two landscapes that I had already uploaded to the net. I don't consider them quite finished yet, but here's a woodland and a plane setting. Let me know if I'm getting the space right.

gbagok-I really dig the backgrounds. You might want to move the ground up just a tad to ensure that there will be enough room for the sprites, but other then that, they're exactly what we're looking for.

Everyone-I'm working on the Title screen right now and should have it done pretty soon. Hopefully by the time the final game gets released someone can make a better one. Cross your fingers... we should have a demo to release very soon.
    Visit www.myspace.com/diemath to check out my artwork and music.

Here's a skeleton warrior I edited from the default monster sprites.

Here's a few more backgrounds. Let me know if they need more texture. I added more foreground to the ones that I posted before.

gbagok-Those backgrounds are dead on perfect. I especially like the snake mountain background. Thanks again for helping us!

Here's the title screen. Inventive, eh?

Here's a griffin. Be patient! I'm working on the purple monster from the first mini-comic, but it is coming along rather slowly, especially since I'm working from scratch. Also, Myko is working on making the battle animation line up with the weapon animation. There's some kinks we have yet to fully work out, but once the demo is complete, I think work on the full game should be far easier. Here's a preview....
    Last edited by Uglor; April 25, 2004 at 05:00pm.

i really can't wait for this !!!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is a doorway to another"
    ------

Heroic Master of Avatars! Bilboynnc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy
    i really can't wait for this !!!
    i can't wait either.. i am also really excited to see how this might look so i put something together to get an idea.. and got even more excited. .

By the Power of : For the Honor of : IN THE NAME OF GREYSKULL!

Nintendo owns my life.
    I hope this gets done soon.

Did I mention that we're playtesting?

Yes folks, we're finally play testing. Hopefully we'll release the demo very soon.

Nintendo owns my life.
    I'm having some computer trouble so I'm gonna stick my sprites on here so I have a safe place for them.

Uglor asked if I'd pass along my playtest comments to this thread so here it goes (this was originally a pm to Uglor):

I am very impressed, although the text is almost (I said almost)unreadable (I assume they will fix this). The play mechanics are sweet, as are the graphics and sound. I could only play to the teela vs. beastman and skeletor scene (that scene was awesome) as I'm still receiving those "Invalid floating point" and "Floating point overflow" errors. After the latter error, my computer froze up again. Dadgummit, I really want to play this, its so frustrating. I've never heard of a floating point for computer programs. Has nobody else had this problem?

Stupid out-dated computer. If I'm the only one, I would say it is a safe bet its my computer that's the problem (which I've thought all along), but others may have difficulty running the finished RPG if they have older computers, and I don't want anyone getting mad at you guys for it. A disclaimer of some sort may be in order when the RPG is released to the masses.

Again, I'm really floored at how good this looks, plays, everything . Great work so far and I know a lot of people are gonna feel indebted to you guys for doing this (I know I do and I can't even play the demo thru ). I may end up buying a new computer over this .
    End Private Message

If any of you programming types know what a "Invalid floating point" or "Floating point overflow" errror message means please enlighten me. I really want to get this problem fixed if possible.

This demo is awesome and all the guys who worked on it should be proud of their achievement.

Nintendo owns my life.
    The text is hard too read in my game too so I don't it's your computer and I have never run into that floating point thing that most likely is your computer.

Could those of you with text that's hard to read please post a screen shot?
    Myko - The Most Powerful Mushroom in the Universe
    a.k.a. The Official King of Cool

http://myko--.deviantart.com

OK, to make this fit on the boards I had to lower the pixels to a point that its hard to tell what Lee and I are saying, in all likelyhood I bet Lee's computer could do a better job.

the "t" and the "r" in "truelly" are missing parts of their respective letter, the cross for the "t" and the hook for the "r" are not there. It took me forever to realize this was supposed to be "truelly".
    Lower case "f" also has problems and possibly a few others. I should have captured another pic. There is one cut-scene where its hard to tell what most of the words are due to missing parts to letters, but I had such a hard time uploading this to the boards I don't really want to go back and try again. I believe its just lower case letters that have the problem.

Oh, by the way, I finally got the demo to work. I turned off my active desktop and it worked fine. I did have one Floating point error pop-up, but it didn't shut down the game or shut down my computer for that matter. Great job guys, I just wish MAA didn't look like a cook, but that's a minor gripe. I really wish it was longer, but hey, its a demo. It was as long as it needed to be.
    Last edited by Whiplashed; May 11, 2004 at 04:14pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplashed
    the "t" and the "r" in "truelly" are missing parts of their respective letter, the cross for the "t" and the hook for the "r" are not there. It took me forever to realize this was supposed to be "truelly".
    Lower case "f" also has problems and possibly a few others. I should have captured another pic.
    Try this. Download http://he-man.dyndns.tv/rpg-fonts.zip and extract them to your Windows\Fonts directory. You should see some kind of installation window. If not, extract them somewhere else and copy them to Windows\Fonts.

Great job guys, I just wish MAA didn't look like a cook
    He's a pirate, actually

Ok, we really do need someone to help us create tiles for castle grayskull. As it stands now the entrance to grayskull is a wee little door. If someone could do the lower 1/3 of the castle it would really help make the demo look better. I like innershade's attempt, but its view is from the wrong angle for the game. Would anyone care to have a go at it? If you're interested, email me at moturpg@yahoo.com and I can send you the tileset via email that myko came up with. Thanks.

WHOA guys !! THat's really impressive !!! I've not been here for a long time (my Hard drive crash and i couldn't buy another one , i had other priorities).
    Copngratulations , you are making great things !!!
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

I don't understand

If ur using the chibi versions for the battle sequenses and similar for in game, what do u use the large sprites for?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=97041

The "chibi" sprites are used on the map. Larger, still chibi-like sprites are used for the player's characters in battle sequences. The large static sprites are used for enemies in battle sequences.

When can we expect a beta version ??? I can't wait
    Musclor

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Regretfully I haven't been able to work on this much lately because my computer is fried, but I hope to get things back on track in a couple weeks. I'm not sure of the status of Myko's demo, but i'm sure there isn't too much left to do. I'll get in contact with many of you that have helped us over the course of the next few weeks. The final game will include much of the motu universe and currently I'm working on the story for the first 1/3 of the game, which will take place in ancient eternia. I'm certainly still excited about the potential of this game.
    Last edited by Uglor; June 6, 2004 at 09:01pm.

can you play mp3 musics in the game ??? I know the Japanese and French version of RPG MAKER 2K3 can do it
    Musclor