Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Join Us! Help create a MOTU RPG Maker 2003 Game

It looks like we only the following work done to complete the demo.....

- Greyskull interior background
    - Riverbed background
    - Purple monster enemy sprite
    - Goddess(sorceress) battle sprite
    - Man-at-Arms battle sprite
    - Teela battle sprite
    - More interesting Greyskull entrance (world tile set)
    - More music

And I just wanted to mention that Lee intends on having some more character sprites ready for the world map in about a week. Though they don't relate to the demo, they will be very important to the final game. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new crop of characters he makes. And could someone post pictures of the purple monster featured in the original mini-comic?

Slyvenom- we need a grayskull tile edit that looks entirely better and is larger then the one we have.
    Imp- the story is set for the demo but I'm going to definitely reach out to all of those who have expressed interest in helping with the story once we start work on the final game.
    wolf-manj- I think that for now we're going to stick with the game system we have. If it looks like we'll have a higher level of support and volunteers, we might consider switching to the new RPG maker XP.
    granbeetle-I'm not sure if you have RPG maker 2003 or not but the battle animations would serve as a good template for what we're looking for. I think there's around 12 different animations that need to be done for each character.
    Last edited by Uglor; October 23, 2004 at 05:50pm.
    Visit www.myspace.com/diemath to check out my artwork and music.

You have no idea how excited I am!

Toni sent me his completed man-at-arms for RPG maker and I have to say that it is simply amazing. If you have RPG maker 2003 you have to plug man-at-arms in....... I know that this project has taken forever, but seeing this new sprite, I definitely think that it has been worth it. Now beg toni to make a teela battle sprite! Once again, thanks toni.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Uglor; November 17, 2004 at 01:10pm.

I'm working on a teela based off of the Man at Arms sprites, if you still need.
    Her stance is in the middle there. I tried to retain Toni's style so the game will be cohesive. What do ya think?

That's pretty good.

That is pretty good granbeetle! If you're going to do Teela, maybe Toni would move on to Ram Man.

Little more progress, finished right punch. I'm having trouble with telling if her arm is lined up properly during the punch. When I try to animate it in RPG2003 with the normal weapons it makes anything black transparent and the back ground color is in the way Maybe you guys could help me out.

I always seem to have a problem with the color schemes on RPG Maker, especially when it comes to accidentally making things transparent. Toni and Myko would definitely be the people to talk to about your problem.

Nice Teela, but I think she could look a little more feminine (sp?).

Anyway, RPG Maker uses the very first color in the color table as transparent.
    Myko - The Most Powerful Mushroom in the Universe
    a.k.a. The Official King of Cool

http://myko--.deviantart.com

When importing the graphics to the RPG Maker, in the preview window you just have to click on the color you'd like to be transparent. It will start blinking in the preview.

Oh, and curious as I am, I animated the sprites to see what they look like.

Woah, hyperactive, isn't she?

This is pretty good. I like the movement of the hair.
    Last edited by Toni; November 17, 2004 at 04:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    When importing the graphics to the RPG Maker, in the preview window you just have to click on the color you'd like to be transparent. It will start blinking in the preview.

Oh, and curious as I am, I animated the sprites to see what they look like.

Woah, hyperactive, isn't she?

This is pretty good. I like the movement of the hair.
    Hah Its like Ty Boe advanced aeorobics.

Myko, what do you mean by more feminine? Is this a little better

Yep, but I also think you could make the feet a little slimmer, despite Teela's boot
    Myko - The Most Powerful Mushroom in the Universe
    a.k.a. The Official King of Cool

http://myko--.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uglor
    That is pretty good granbeetle! If you're going to do Teela, maybe Toni would move on to Ram Man.
    If I only could come up with the whole spritesheet as fast as I can whip up a simple preview. :P

Last edited by Toni; November 19, 2004 at 06:57pm.

WOW Toni!

Toni, do you have any idea how great that looks? Ram Man is completely awesome..... Here are a few suggestions we might choose to employ in the animation designs.... I really think that we should find a way for he-man to throw a boulder and use his axe. Also, it might be cool if he could summon battle cat like shadow can summon his dog in final fantasy 3. Man-at-arms would also benefit from being able to launch missiles from his chest like in the cartoon. Obviously Ram Man should be able to use his axe, charge, and perhaps jump and dive like e honda in street fighter, resulting in a quake like effect. Teela could use her sword or staff and because of her biological linkage to the sorceress, can use some magic as well. I'm not too sure what we'll be able to do within the animation limits RPG maker has but hopefully we'll get to do much of what we want.

It seems like there's so much that can still be done.... I hope people are still up for helping out.
    Last edited by Uglor; November 20, 2004 at 02:24pm.

Good news folks, it seems that fellow he-man.org member kai has expressed interest in helping us with the musical end of the game. In particular, kai is an midi artist. I've heard her version of the first conan movie's theme and find it very impressive. With her help I think we can patch up an aspect of the game that is sorely lacking thus far; music.

Now for the music I was thinking that we should try and pull mostly from the old cartoon, with some use of the new cartoon's music. What do you all think? It seems as though there were 5 main themes the old show constantly used.

The title theme
    A battle theme
    A dark creepy theme
    A silly orko related theme

Can anyone remember any other themes from the orginal? Also, we might want to use the end credits song from the new cartoon for our game over screen. Is there any music from the live action movie worth borrowing?

Hmm, a good mix of musics from both the old and new show sounds like a good idea, especially if you focus on the old themes .
    As for the live action movie... it's been a while since I've last seen it so I can't say if there were any memorable songs but I guess the game can live without the movie influence.

He-man.de (german site) has a lot of bgms from the old show as mp3s which you might use as a reference. Or at least, it had a lot of them. The site is currently down, but you might want to check the link later.

And I'm curious. How far into the game are you anyway? Any info about the plot that you want to disclose without spoiling the story (too much)?

For bgms I think I can help you you just have to send a PM
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

How far along are we? Well, to get a good idea about the artwork done, you have only to page through this thread, with the exception of some of innershade's enemy sprites. I'm not sure how far along Myko's demo is, though I would really like to find out.

In terms of the story for the actual game, I've narrowed the game down to about 9 to 10, for lack of a better term, levels. The game's plot is closer to the original mini-comics, rather then the new cartoon and there will not be an ability to turn from adam into he-man.

The initial half of the first level takes place in he-man's small village, which was recently overrun by various local animals that have been summoned by beast man. During the raid He-man's adopted father is killed and he attempts to reveal some of he-man's origins to him before he dies. He-man then must clear out the raging beasts out of town while saving the few remaining villagers left. Many homes have been trampled and there is much in the way of treasure and items to recover. Among the survivors is Ceril(featured in an old motu comic), a childhood friend of he-man's, who decides to join up with He-man to secure and protect the village. Accompanying He-man is a rather large feline who will later play a larger role in the game. As Ceril and He-man approach the edge of the village, a large Griffin appears to stop their pursuit of a mysterious apelike figure. A fight takes place and the mysterious creature escapes on another griffin and the two companions follow on foot. While his short term goals include solving the mystery of this recent invasion and getting revenge for the death of his adopted father, He-man also wants to discover more about who he is and the circumstances behind his escape from the demons his adopted father fought off and saved him from 17 years earlier.

Playable characters will probably include He-man, Ceril, Man-at-arms, Teela, Ram man, Orko, Mekaneck, Stratos, Man-E-Faces, and perhaps Mossman. We will require more face sprites, enemy sprites, world tile sprites, and battle sprites. I'm also pondering whether we should use cut away artwork for transitions. It will really depend on how many people volunteer to help with the workload. If it's successful, we might try and make an online multiplayer motu rpg using the new rpg xp engine(which by the way has way better graphics). Regardless, i'm pretty excited over the recent spurt of work on the game. Keep it coming!
    Last edited by Uglor; November 21, 2004 at 09:12pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglor
    If it's successful, we might try and make an online multiplayer motu rpg using the new rpg xp engine(which by the way has way better graphics). Regardless, i'm pretty excited over the recent spurt of work on the game. Keep it coming!
    Sometimes I fear that your motivation get's the better of you. There's not even a real demo out and you are already talking about an online multiplayer game (with the XP no less which needs completely different graphic sets). As much as I love to see someone being that enthusiastic, slow down.

The story, well, it sounds nothing like the He-Man I know and love, but it still looks pretty interesting. So Adam and He-Man are two different entities, or will there be no Adam at all? I think it would be funny to see them interact at some time in the game

No, if we did the multiplayer it would be pretty far down the line, but i'm just letting everyone know that there is potential for it once we're done. As for the story in the game, he-man and adam are going to be the same person. I don't want to give away the plot, but as I said it is going to follow the original mini-comic more then it will the original or new cartoon. I think fans will probably like the return of the original version of he-man. Also the debut of battle cat/cringer in the game is still an ongoing debate....... I didn't mean to tip my hat prematurely.

I think the story sounds cool. I've never had an interest in Adam as a normal person anyway. I think a story about a warrior He Man who finds out he is a prince Adam would be cool. Anyways, sounds good to me. I wish I had more time to pump out some sprites, I want to see what this game is going to be like.

Hi

I'll post a MIDI in here as soon as I have something finished. If that's ok with you, Uglor.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

That's wonderful news Kai!

And yes, Granbeetle I think that having he-man discover he is the son of King Randor is probably the way to go. The attack I mentioned earlier refers to the horde raiding a royal caravan that included queen marlena, adora and adam. Adam was rescued by his adopted father, while everyone knows what happened to poor adora.

I spent this night trying to get in touch with my Cakewalk 8.0. I was toying with ideas for songs and managed to do a little demonstration. In the future I'll be doing raw versions like this for every theme I make, and I'm going to post them here to get your opinions. If you don't like it, I won't spend too much time on a theme that won't be used. And if it's good I'll get back to work and finish what I've started!

This is the theme from season 2 - The Snake Men.

Note: YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE AND RE-NAME IT AS He-man RPG 001.mid
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

That sounds great Kai! We'll eventually use it, but for this game there won't be any snake men involved. That doesn't mean folks won't want to plug it into their games regardless. Like I said before, I'm sure everyone will appreciate anything you do music wise. Good work.

Hey that's really cool Kia. Do you just make those by ear or is there some other way to copy the music?