Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Masters of the Universe: #3 (Vol.3) Talkback

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar

Official Masters of the Universe: #3 (Vol.3) Talkback

It's out today, and why's no one talking about it?

Loved it, especially the two page spread of we-all-know-who

It's also interesting to see Skeletor, yet again, get caught unaware in his house, one would think he'd get some home security protection.

And the revelation about Keldor was an interesting twist too.

I'll talk more once others have read it too
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

I posted about it too. No one is talking about it.
    The spread was awesome. I really enjoyed it.

-Bobby
    Arizona MAZTERS

catslyn
    Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull
    It's out today, and why's no one talking about it?
    It doesn't seem to be available in my area yet. The local comic shops didn't have it out on the shelves. That may be true in other areas.

Hey catslyn!

Lovin' the script
    Rob

Yeah, issue 3 was pretty cool! But I'm getting tired of seeing Skeletor get schooled in own house by the same fools!

And the art was great, and the two page spread was pretty sweet!

I wonder if they're allowed to bring She-ra into the mix since they're making a toy of her. Probably not.

Just once, I'd like to see Skeletor get some payback on SOMEBODY! Evil-lyn, nothin. King Hiss, nothin. Come on, give this guy some street cred.

But all in all, I'm just more hungry for He-Man. It was tasty, but not very filling. And something about the Snake Men just annoys the heck out of me. Maybe it's because they were designed "In House." But, I'm ready for some more Snake Heads to fly.

Ironically, He-Man's been in only the first issue.
    Rob

For whatever reason, it's not out or available in Boston area comic shops either
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

It seems that issue 3 has been shipped earlier than scheduled in some areas, officla release date remain 16th, so in the areas that haven't got it, it'll probably be out next Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano
    It seems that issue 3 has been shipped earlier than scheduled in some areas, officla release date remain 16th, so in the areas that haven't got it, it'll probably be out next Wednesday

Cool... thanks for the lo-down!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

princess_of_power
    I got mine! My husband went to the comic shop and surprised me with a copy this afternoon, he knew I wasn't expecting it til next week!!! Awesome comic!

my comic shop won't be getting it in till next week. looking forward to reading though when it comes in.
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

Another top issue guys!

One question -

******Spoiler Below*******

Did Evil Lyn, in her sickened state, over hear any of the conversation between Adam, MAA and the Sorceress? (They were talking about Adam being He-man.)

******End Spoiler*******

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott
    Another top issue guys!

One question -

******Spoiler Below*******

Did Evil Lyn, in her sickened state, over hear any of the conversation between Adam, MAA and the Sorceress? (They were talking about Adam being He-man.)

******End Spoiler*******

Scott
    SPOILER!!!

I donīt know if she overheared it but I really like the fact that that she said was like:"Ungh!" after the Sorceress said that thing about Adam being He-Man. I think this is was a great way of writing that scene because now it can be assumed that she heard it but didnīt realize the full meaning of it because sheīs elsewhere with her thoughtīs or it can all be a coinsidence.

I mean that truly is good scriptwriting. I already can see the discussions started about the proīs and contraīs why she didnīt her/did not hear it. Canīt wait to get this issue. The last already was the best issue of the entire series.

Take care.

Didn't the Sorceress later say that Evil-Lyn was too far into her own mind, calling out for Someone? That would then make it impossible for her to hear the conversation that the Sorceress and Adam were having. Although I do find it interesting that they'd even talk about that near her. One would think it would a better measure to have had Adam transform before leaving the Royal Palace.
    Rob

Skeletor3614

Boo-Hoo this one sucks C@#*!!!!

I got mine, but was not impressed with this one like the others.
    They seem to do quick illustrations on skelly and hiss and once again skeletor goes aful quickly again but maybe in the next issuse skeletor will get some revenge but probably not, might end like the cartoon awakenen the serpent. Dont mean to blow anything but oh well.

I did how ever find the issue of toyfare 72 with the snake armor he-man on it it was last years issue.

How ever i did like the sorceress vision that was the best part, with the Keldor Skeletor mutation good stuff but over all it was okay good

CAN SKELETOR PLEASE GET GET BACK!!!!

ummmmm I was unaware that it was out. I'll have to call my local comic store to see if they got it in.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Wait, what were those Zodak like dudes doing in Evil Lyn's mind? The Sorceress said "The Horde are there..." (plural). They were standing in the foreground of Hordak's face and all.....am I totally missing something?

Another awesome job on the comic!
    May I have ten thousand marbles, please?

****Spoiler*****

You guys think this was the issue where She-Ra would have been foreshadowed, if the hole legal thing would have not taken place(not being able to have any characters that had not been in the cartoon yet, deal) From what i rember thats why they had to postpond this Volume. Maybe she would have apperared, or her shadow, in the vision the Sorceress saw when she was reading Evil-Lyn mind.

just a thought
    My Mother Always said: "Feelings are Like Treasures SO BURY THEM"

Varla Simmons, "Girls Will Be Girls"

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    ****Spoiler*****why, i have no flippin clue, we dont have spoiler tags in episode talk backs...

That two page spread was freaking awesome! That Hordak face is soooo becoming my new avatar once I can scan it! The Cosmic Enforces was freaking great, but what do they have to do with Hordak Maybe Hordak was once a Cosmic Enforcer of eternia before Zodak and helped to build Central Tower to balance the power struggle between King Grayskull and King Hiss, but the power of Central Tower corrupted him? So instead of Hordak being a "fallen elder" he is a fallen cosmic enforcer

So if Dispondos kills anything that passes through it's portal, that explains how Hordak got through (he was already disembodied from his conflict with King Grayskull) but then how did Grizzlor and the other Horde members not become BBQed Horde?

Was that planet being sucked into Disponos Etheria/Infinita or some other planet, because the geography sure didn't resemble Eternia!

I absolutely loved that bit about Keldor "dying" its so Obi-Won and boy howdy was MAA NOT WANTING Adam attempting to find Skeletor's human side...perhaps a deep dark family secret is being covered up?

I honestly have to say this has been my favorite issue to date! the coolness almost makes me forget the continuity problems...
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; June 11, 2004 at 04:24am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I think those Zodak characters are a foreshadowing of what will be needed to defeat Hordak.

Since Zodak was a galactic guardian assigned to stopping the Snake Men, it makes sense that similar guardians would be needed for the Horde.

And we know Zodak is the $**** so it shows how intense the Horde are that they would need a small army of Zodaks to stop them. (Not that they could stop them in the first place.)

And the She-Ra thought is a possibility, I still wonder if they could with the toy being made.

Enough about all that, though. What's up with Skeletor getting schooled again! That's MESSED up!
    I mean Skeletor needs to start toughening up if he's gona hang when the Horde show up. (I don't even wana think what they'd do to him after seeing how he does against the Snake Men!)

You know, we still don't know why Hordak was assualting Castle Grayskull(beyond it looking like King Grayskull was the last king still around) to begin with.....just what was/is King Grayskull keeping in there?

As for the multiple Cosmic Enforcers, makes you wonder what would go down needing that kind of power.

And just how will Hordak react when he finds out that someone is weilding the very power that locked him up
    Rob

Heroic Warrior
    I've been DENIED!!!!!

Jimmy (at the comic shop) must be PUNISHED!!!

.... grumble...

I know it's not his fault... just funning....

HOPE it shows up next week... hope, hope, hope...
    ne jabba no badda!

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Damn. Another idea plucked from the "collective" head of a friend of mine and me. We had once said that it would be cool to have a large group of cosmic enforcers like the Green Lantern Corps. That will be cool to see when the issue hits the east cost next week. Sounds like good stuff Catslyn, can't wait to read it!
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

It seems like the next issue with the cat lady is going to be replaced with a different cover. That's too bad.(Must...resist..urge...to..complain...rrr!!)

Does anyone know if this comic is stil going to become bi-montly?

Spoiler **

And even though I've been dissapointed in Skeletor getting punked twice by the snake men, He did put up a pretty good fight. It was cool, that's for sure. It's just he's my main man and I don't think any outcome that would result in him getting captured would leave me satisfied.

Also, Tri-Klops is Skeletor's right hand man. That's too bad, because he has gotten worked by the Snake Men worse then anybody since Zodak's brother. (It's a good thing Evil-Lyn's coming back, but he should get someone else to rely on besides Tri-Klops. What a wimp. "Nooooooooo!" - Tri-Klops)

That was great what King Hiss and Squeeze discussed after capturing them. Man, I should probably shut-up until everyone has a copy of this issue, because it's a doozy. So, in a week, everybody better have a copy! Alright, people?! Let's pull it together, break it down. ( Clap in unison.)

A Teela Scorned

This might be a stupid question but why is Teela on the cover? She doesent even appear in the comic. Also, in the previous issues, on the ad for this issue, it had a picture of the cover with the text "A Teela Scorned". Was the story changed after the cover was done, or did I just miss something? Just curious.

Dan
    "I'm like King Midas in reverse...everything i touch turns to crap!"