Thread: Minnesota Masters

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Minnesota Masters

Here's to reviving this thread... anybody spot anything recently? I've not seen the RC Monster Truck yet, but I did spot some of the batman ones, so the MOTU ones should be around.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    Here's to reviving this thread... anybody spot anything recently? I've not seen the RC Monster Truck yet, but I did spot some of the batman ones, so the MOTU ones should be around.

Crickets are chirping. It is dead out there. It's great to hear that the He-Store is getting in the Mecha-Bite figures though. It's also great to finally see Snake Armor He-Man being distributed in stores.

I'm heading up to Ely in August for a weekend. Since I'm that far north, maybe I'll make the trip into Canada and stop at a TRU -- maybe! The prices on eBay are insane.

Brent

Heroic Warrior
    woo hoo

I found the Tyco RC truck today. Wal-mart in Rochester... they only had 1, but at least we know they are here

Hot stuff comin' thru
    Good to see some of you back posting. Anyways, I was at the Camp Snoopy store and I was shocked to see they still had MOTU and the Snake Men figs. They had 1 lone King Hsss and 2 Rattlors in case any of you still want them. Otherwise nothing new.
    This is my life down here with me
    One mistake for which I still pay dearly
    Self-reconstruction after a granted wish for annihilation
    Don't lie to me and say you'd die for me
    What would you die for?

Jack
    This isn't a MOTU sighting, but I thought I'd let you fellow Star Wars collectors know that the VOTC stuff has made it to local K Marts. I picked up the Han, Leia and Ben at the 35E and Maryland store. They still had a couple of Hans and Bens when I left. The West St Paul store was wiped out by a couple of fellow posters from Jedidefender, so don't bother to look there unless you want the 12 inchers. The figures were also found at the Oakdale KMart. I haven't heard of the Maplewood store having any, but it can't hurt to check there. KMarts also have the new Galactic Heroes/Playschool two packs.

Ultimate Rhino and Black Spider-Man are CHEAP at Target

Hey guys,

I live In Sioux Falls, SD. I hit our only Target here tonight to pick up a few odds and ends, and decided to check out the toy aisle. To my surprise, I found a couple Ultimate Rhinos and a Black Spider-Man of the new wave of Spider-Man Classics in the clearance section, since Target's trying to get rid of excess Spidey figures. Paying $4.57 versus $7-8 dollars for figures I've been hunting for made my day! So, check out those clearance Spidey racks in Minnesota Targets to see if you have the same luck!

Later.

Heroic Warrior

BattleStations Galore!

Anybody need some battlestations? A friend of mine got me several cases of them for christmas... I don't need them all... I'm looking for around $50 per case of four or $15 each. I am willing to negotiate...
    Last edited by ash; January 1, 2005 at 11:49am.

Masters back in US Walmarts??

I was at a local Wal-Mart in **** Rapids MN today and found a Castle Grayskull Ver. 2 I was so shocked to see something that new at a Wal-Mart. However what swayed me was the $49.95 price tag. And it was a little beat up around the corners like it had been shuffled in the back for a while or perhaps it was a Christmas return that they accepted back. Perhaps Grayskull was still in the system. I highly doubt that Masters is returning, this was just a isolated incident, but still it was awesome seeing version 2 in a Wal-mart

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Bang your head!!!
    KB got more Smash Blade He-Mans but not at the $1.29 price.

TongLasher38
    does Hot Comics still have any vintage MOTU and NA stuff?...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179

TongLasher38
    Are they back up to the $5 price or higher?

Hot Comics in Richfield has a bunch of vintage and NA stuff, some of the prices seem a little high though, compared to what I've seen figs on ebay go for, but as for being in-town, I think they are reasonable.

Yes, both stores have MOTU new & old stuff. RF has the old view finder. Ebay prices are different from guide prices. If you think a price is to high look them up in a guide. When I priced them I went between Toy Fare & Lee's Toy Review.

Ash,

The micro bust will be in on Wen. at New Hope. I will have your's shipped down to RF hopfully by Thrues. Sorry for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179

TongLasher38
    Hey Jeremy just checking to see if you got my e-mail on the commision??

Brent

Preorder The New 6" Statue Before April 18th and get all three statues for $24.99 throw HOT COMICS & Collectibles! Call or Stop by either store. New Hope Location 763-593-1223 or Richfield Location 612-798-3936.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TongLasher38
    Preorder The New 6" Statue Before April 18th and get all three statues for $24.99 throw HOT COMICS & Collectibles! Call or Stop by either store. New Hope Location 763-593-1223 or Richfield Location 612-798-3936.
    Too bad I didn't see this sooner... was in South America all month... just to make sure I'm reading that correctly - was that $24.99 for all three, making them < $9 each?

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    Too bad I didn't see this sooner... was in South America all month... just to make sure I'm reading that correctly - was that $24.99 for all three, making them < $9 each?
    My mistake on how I worded it. $24.99 each statue. If you still want I still have a set avaliable.
    Last edited by TongLasher38; April 30, 2005 at 07:49pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TongLasher38
    My mistake on how I worded it. $24.99 each statue. If you still want I still have a set avaliable.
    I knew that price was too good to be true...

My fiance pre-ordered them from somewhere while I was out of country. I need to find out where she got them from.

Zerospace
    How does "Hot Comics" stay in Business?

I used to "shop" at the New Hope (or "No Hope") branch back in '94 when McFarlane Spawn figures were becoming the rage alongside the 5" X-Men line.

It was near impossible to make a fair trade with the owner (at the time) as she would always try and screw you over in some way. As an example - When the Batman Poison Ivy Animated figure was hot - and reselling for $30+ .. she would offer you $7!

It's cool to go into that store now - for nostalgic value.. but that's about it. The older figures that are there - and there are many - are priced as they were way back when they were "hot" (and before eBay became all the rage). I just shake my head looking at the price tags thinking: "crack don't smoke itself".

It is a really cool store that has a lot of older items that are neat to see. But the prices they have on some of the older "junk" is ridiculous. Unfortunately, you could get most of that stuff for half the price it's maked at - on eBay.

Like I said - I don't know how it stays in business (especially if it's owned by the same lady and if she is still screwing over the customers in trades and such).
    Last edited by Zerospace; May 10, 2005 at 05:44pm.

Hey guys and gals.

With the addition of the Social groups here on the forum, one thing we're going to make a push for is the use of them for groups like yours.

The social group once set up will allow for you to post threads inside of them specific to your club/group.

These areas are also "unmoderated"
    I say that with quotes because the forum rules and guidelines still apply, but you take upon yourself to sort of self-moderate.
    We will still come in and moderate, especially if something is reported. For example, we've seen a couple groups use their areas to criticize and attack other members, and that's not what they are there for.
    But the social group would still be your little safe haven of sorts.

In time, what will will do is shut down group/club discussion threads in this forum and replace them with links to your social group.
    That way new members can seek you out.
    And you can also PM members who are in your area (as you can tell from their user profiles) to come and join your social group.

I know it may be a bummer to see long previously existing threads like this come to a close.
    But I guarantee you'll find the social groups more to your liking, especially with the ability to have multiple on-going discussions rather than one thread where it's harder to keep track.

And yes, this is gonna be a post I cross-post to other group discussion threads.
    So I apologize for the generic'ness of it.

Anyway, check out the Social group area today.
    And I suggest the most prominent member of this thread be the one to setup the social group.
    Discuss amongst yourselves who that person is.
    Don't any one person jump in there and do it on a whim without talking to everyone else here first!
    It's better to respect the existing members of the group and decide together how you want to get your own social group established.

Thanks!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!