Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Masters

Heroic Warrior

Minnesota Masters

Here's to reviving this thread... anybody spot anything recently? I've not seen the RC Monster Truck yet, but I did spot some of the batman ones, so the MOTU ones should be around.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    Here's to reviving this thread... anybody spot anything recently? I've not seen the RC Monster Truck yet, but I did spot some of the batman ones, so the MOTU ones should be around.

Crickets are chirping. It is dead out there. It's great to hear that the He-Store is getting in the Mecha-Bite figures though. It's also great to finally see Snake Armor He-Man being distributed in stores.

I'm heading up to Ely in August for a weekend. Since I'm that far north, maybe I'll make the trip into Canada and stop at a TRU -- maybe! The prices on eBay are insane.

Brent

Heroic Warrior
    woo hoo

I found the Tyco RC truck today. Wal-mart in Rochester... they only had 1, but at least we know they are here

Hot stuff comin' thru
    Good to see some of you back posting. Anyways, I was at the Camp Snoopy store and I was shocked to see they still had MOTU and the Snake Men figs. They had 1 lone King Hsss and 2 Rattlors in case any of you still want them. Otherwise nothing new.
    This is my life down here with me
    One mistake for which I still pay dearly
    Self-reconstruction after a granted wish for annihilation
    Don't lie to me and say you'd die for me
    What would you die for?

Jack
    This isn't a MOTU sighting, but I thought I'd let you fellow Star Wars collectors know that the VOTC stuff has made it to local K Marts. I picked up the Han, Leia and Ben at the 35E and Maryland store. They still had a couple of Hans and Bens when I left. The West St Paul store was wiped out by a couple of fellow posters from Jedidefender, so don't bother to look there unless you want the 12 inchers. The figures were also found at the Oakdale KMart. I haven't heard of the Maplewood store having any, but it can't hurt to check there. KMarts also have the new Galactic Heroes/Playschool two packs.

Ultimate Rhino and Black Spider-Man are CHEAP at Target

Hey guys,

I live In Sioux Falls, SD. I hit our only Target here tonight to pick up a few odds and ends, and decided to check out the toy aisle. To my surprise, I found a couple Ultimate Rhinos and a Black Spider-Man of the new wave of Spider-Man Classics in the clearance section, since Target's trying to get rid of excess Spidey figures. Paying $4.57 versus $7-8 dollars for figures I've been hunting for made my day! So, check out those clearance Spidey racks in Minnesota Targets to see if you have the same luck!

Later.

Hot stuff comin' thru
    Check your local Targets friends. I went to the Vadnais Heights Target tonite and they did a minor change in the action figure lanes. After months of crap and same ol' stuff, NEW TOYS WERE ON THE SHELVES!!!!

First off for you Star Wars buffs: They had the new Unleash figs. They had 2 Leias in Slave and bout 3 Ep 1 Obi wan. They also had the new commemorative series (all I saw was Obi Wans and Hans) @9.99, Light Sabers and the new Millinium Falcon (w/working lights).

For you Joe freaks: They had the new 3 packs w/Cobra Commander, trooper, and Baroness and w/scarlett, snake eyes and some other dude. They also had the new Jet that comes w/slipstream or ace.

The new "the Batman" figures are also available there as well as new playsets for those figs.

For Marvel Buffs, no new sightings of any SMC 9 or 10 but they did have a SMC 2 Pack w/Spider-Man (its the Light up eyes Spidey) with a (SMC series 1) Dr. Ocotopus w/cloth lab coat and resculpted head. No signs of ML 6.

Theres also more new toys in the Die Cast aisle but it would take me all night to tell. Just head to your local Targets and check out for new toys!!!!

Its good to see new toys again.
    This is my life down here with me
    One mistake for which I still pay dearly
    Self-reconstruction after a granted wish for annihilation
    Don't lie to me and say you'd die for me
    What would you die for?

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I have been having a pretty bad run the past few days... a project at work has had everything go wrong, my advisor was in an accident and is now out of play for at least 4 months (I'm never gonna finish my degree), I had a death in the family (5th one this summer), and I went to my fiance's family reunion (nothing like meeting a few hundred relatives to be all at once)

That said, I picked up the following this weekend...

4 Slime Pits at KBToy Outlet's buy one get one half-off... I wish they were buy one get one freee, but that brings me up to a half-dozen bone warriors on the shelf.

1 Aragog (from Harry Potter)... I haven't opened it yet, but it was clearanced enough that I decided I would mix lines... while I was mixing lines, I found two of those "Mystic Dragos" that were all the rage a while back on the boards... the bright green one is too neon to go well with the line, but the orange/red one is right on

and

1 Claw Attack Stratos

and

1 Snake Armor He-man

I actually ordered 2 of each of those last two, but had them delivered to my more permanent collection site (e.g. my parent's house) as I can't store my MOC collection in my apartment (not enough room), but they are here now and they are sweet. Kind of makes up for the bleh summer I'm having... kind of...
    Last edited by ash; August 16, 2004 at 12:36am.

Well I glad that Ash let me know were to find this Thread. I know a couple of other people wondering about the Minnesota Masters. Now I can let them know too.

A couple of customers brought in some VERY COOL MOTU stuff for me the past two weeks.

Read along record book

Crayon set

A MOTU not pad

& a sweet sticker set

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TongLasher38
    Well I glad that Ash let me know were to find this Thread. I know a couple of other people wondering about the Minnesota Masters. Now I can let them know too.

A couple of customers brought in some VERY COOL MOTU stuff for me the past two weeks.

Read along record book

Crayon set

A MOTU not pad

& a sweet sticker set
    Hmmm... a comic book shop would be a pretty nice place to have a meet-up of everybody. I've driven past the New Hope location of Hot Comics before. Would anybody be interested in meeting up there, taking a gander at what they have (the Richfield store has some cool pieces from the classic line), and then going out for some pizza or something? We could pick a day and then people who are asking about it could know to meet then?

Bang your head!!!

MOTU is Back!

First off I saw the monstertruck at the Wal-Mart in Inver Grove Heights for $39.99 and there was only one. I also picked up The Joker from "The Batman"

Big Props to Brett's mom for informing us that there is a new toy store in the MOA. I picked up Zodak and another King Hsss...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    Hmmm... a comic book shop would be a pretty nice place to have a meet-up of everybody. I've driven past the New Hope location of Hot Comics before. Would anybody be interested in meeting up there, taking a gander at what they have (the Richfield store has some cool pieces from the classic line), and then going out for some pizza or something? We could pick a day and then people who are asking about it could know to meet then?
    I'm up for it if everyone else is. Just let me know when

Bang your head!!!
    Snagged a Rattlor at the Toy Store in MOA. KB at MOA has Grayskull 2.0 for $19.99. I got 2 and a Slime Pit for a penny. Buy 2 and the third is a penny.

Also KB MOA has Tri-Klops and Orko in original wave colors...
    My art blog:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179
    Snagged a Rattlor at the Toy Store in MOA. KB at MOA has Grayskull 2.0 for $19.99. I got 2 and a Slime Pit for a penny. Buy 2 and the third is a penny.

Also KB MOA has Tri-Klops and Orko in original wave colors...
    Earlier this week, I was close to snagging that Rattlor myself, but decided I really didn't need another one . I'm glad a fan got it and not a scalper. How much are figures at that store? They also had a Mr. Freeze from the 4HM Batman line if anyone was still looking for one of those.

Heroic Warrior
    If people are interested, I've found the new Snake Armor He-man Puzzle at Wal-mart in Bloomington (they only had one). So keep an eye out for them...

I was hoping we'd hear some more interest in some form of get together too... where is everybody?

Bang your head!!!
    Non MOTU stuff.

KB at MOA had a Star Wars Princess Leia Unleashed.

If anyone is looking for a Spider-Man 2 "Doc Ock" figure there is one or 2 left there too. I bought one and I think it sucks the big one of Spider-Man toys...
    My art blog:

I was talking to a customer today and said he would show up.

Bang your head!!!
    I am now the owner of the RC truck ...
    My art blog:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179
    I am now the owner of the RC truck ...
    Congrats. I still haven't brought myself to open mine yet. As for me, I just ordered the new repaints and Smash and Trap Orko. After shipping, the figures were $12.40 or so each. That's not bad, considering they were $12.95+tax at Camp Snoopy. Of course I have to wait for them to get here, but they'll be worth the wait.

NorthStar
    I was on the front page of the Pioneer Press the other day. I'm cool.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/twinci...ws/9548211.htm

Oh, and did anyone here go to Wizard World? If so, did you happen to see a movie called "SuperCycle USSR"? The guys who made it won grand prize at WW, and they happen to work at Eagle Street as well. Funny stuff.

http://www.citycouncilproductions.com/home2.asp

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar
    I was on the front page of the Pioneer Press the other day. I'm cool.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/twinci...ws/9548211.htm

Oh, and did anyone here go to Wizard World? If so, did you happen to see a movie called "SuperCycle USSR"? The guys who made it won grand prize at WW, and they happen to work at Eagle Street as well. Funny stuff.

http://www.citycouncilproductions.com/home2.asp
    Cool. Two thanksgivings ago I was on the front page of my hometown newspaper. I was standing in line outside of TRU and was interviewed and said I was there to get MOTU

Maybe our first get together should be there at the restaurant you work in? We really should get something done.

I just got my Masters Of The Universe Vol. 3 #2 Booth Rare Cover. Plus a customer came across an old hot wheels Masters Of The Universe car from 1980.

Bang your head!!!
    I just got my Masters Of The Universe Vol. 3 #2 Booth Rare Cover. Plus a customer came across an old hot wheels Masters Of The Universe car from 1980.
    A customer? Where do you work?...
    My art blog:

Heroic Warrior
    Which one? I have a couple from when I was a kid...

I work at Hot Comics New Hope MossMan710179.

Ash it's a silver car with a purple engine sticking out the back and the front of the car opens up to the seat.