Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 73 questions!
This round of questions were selected by FAKER II.
Thanks to those fans for their help!
1. slackrguy: Will the new saddle being introduced with the Griffin have a deeper indent for non-standard length loin cloths (i.e. King Grayskull, Hordak, Moss Man, etc.)?
No. It will have the same indention as Battle cat had as sculpted by the Horsemen.
2. krosfyah: If Granamyr is slated for a November/December release, can I ask why? Why not plan big releases for times of the year when there is less financial burden near the holiday season?
From Toy Guru:
"Let me try and clear the air on this one. First off, we had originally planned on the WR (and Granamyr is planned for) a Sept release. Due to circumstances we could not control the WR was delayed twice and had to wind up shipping in Dec. So it is not like we purposely planned or due to "poor planning on out part" to make this a Dec item. The other thing to take into consideration (and this is NOT an attack on customers) but we did make it very clear the cost of the WR well in advance. If this was an item you wanted to buy, you had months to save up and stash away needed funds. It is not like this high prices item came out of no where and surprises people. At the end of the day, it just took too long to sell a very small number of units."
3. zodak74: When compared to the amount of accessories included in the Eternian Guard 2-pack, the Star Sisters had far less accessories per figure. Will we see future figure packs with more packed out accessories like the Guard 2-pack or will the Star Sisters 3-pack be closer to what will be done from here on out?
Some figures will have more, others less. There is not overarching rule. But the Star Sisters as a complete box set (as they were sold) included 10 accessories in total. Quite a lot.
4. masterenglish: Many fans are concerned about the new MOTUC white mailer boxes being way too snug and damaging the packaging for mint-on-card collectors. Is this new mailer a permanent change, or can the mint-on-card fans hope to once again see their figures shipped in the prior, damage-reducing white box?
We had the choice of adjusting the shipper boxes or reducing the deco and accessories for the figures. We went with the package change which we hope was the better option to reduce costs. The cost to produce MOTUC is just skyrocketing (raw material and labor) and we are often backed into a corner of increasing prices or finding ways to cost reduce. The last thing we want to do is reduce from the figure, so while this was our best option to keep costs down. Not ideal, but it almost never is.
5. RockinHard: How would poor sales of Granamyr affect the line going forward? How would it effect bigger items, such as a more popular playset like Castle Grayskull? Would it also effect the chance of getting vehicles like the Battle Ram and Land Shark?
Poor sales on Granamyr would likely mean we would not do any more giant dragons (or a repaint in green) and yes, it would be another strike against doing other larger items. This is why for new items like the Wind Raider and Granamyr are run at a very tiny quota to mitigate the risk.
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.73, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!