Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 79 questions!
This round of questions were selected by MOTU_Maniac.
Thanks to those fans for their help!
1. bigsexy_j: We hear in answers all the time that design decisions of the figures are left up to the 4H. The 4H designed Stinkor with new forearms and put them on the sides they decided they should be on. Why was the decision made by Mattel then to swap the forearms on Stinkor and change the design of the 4H prototype? Is this not contradictory of all the other times we were told that all these decisions are the 4H's and has nothing to do with engineering or safety standards?
The Horsemen make sculpting choices (like how many eyes to give Webstor) but it is up to Mattel designers to translate the Horsemen non articulated sculpt into a functional toy and sometimes changes are made for logistical, aesthetic or safety/assembly reasons. The choice to swap Stinkor's arms was made by Mattel design to give Stinkor a little something extra since he reuses so many parts and make him stand out on shelf. Design also changed Horde Prime’s chest form the flat armor lower torso to the muscle torso. Some choices fans may like, others not so much. But at the end of the day the design team makes the final call on the look and functionality of the figures using the Horsemen sculpt as a jumping off point. This has been the same since figure 1.
2. Canada-Man: Would there be a res-use of Ram Man's buck? And would it be in scale with the vintage toy or be a larger buck to be a bigger dude like in the 200x cartoon?
We'll have to see when and if we get to Ram Man!
3. Nemisythe: Considering we are starting to see pullbacks on paint applications (for example: Stinkor's weapons and now the Snake Mountain stands) are we going to see this continue on upcoming figures, beasts, etc?
The Horsemen often "over deco" figures beyond what we ask for or can afford. We are still delivering $22.00 worth of paint ops on all 2012 figures. Now that figures cost more we have to sometimes reduce deco to keep a figure in cost. In 2013 we will raise prices so we can afford more deco and more accessories.
4. bskcase: Since it is clear that Snout Spout was defective, can we have a re-release of the figure with a solid plastic snout down the line? I think we are owed that.
He was not defective. Toys do sometimes break after being played with or posed. If you have a broken toy you can have it replaced by calling customer service for a non broken one.
5. MOTU_Maniac: Is Mattel considering making Tiered Figure Stands that would work for MOTUC figures (like Mattel did for WWE figures)? I just put up new shelves to expand my collection room and I am already running out of room! Tiered Stands would allow fans to have several rows of figures AND the ability to see all of their lovely faces. They seem to have worked great for the WWE figures!
A very cool idea. Nothing planned right now but we will see!
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.79, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!