This is probably the final MOTUC Q&A from Around The Net before the 2012 SDCC reveals on July 13th at 3pm EST! Let's get to reading the latest bunch of answers from Mattel!
1. So Spector travels back in time to bring Sir Laser-Lot into the future who then serves as Man-At-Arms for King He-Man... Is Clamp Champ dead and why didn't he just save poor ol' Duncan instead?
Spector can't just pull people out of time. That can lead to a paradox. Sir Laser Lot was a rare exception due to his mysterious disappearance/death. Similar to how Supergirl in that late JLU episode “Far from Home” where she goes to the future and stays there. As for Clamp Champ, his fate is yet to be revealed!
2. Are Karak Nul and Wun-Dar from the same era as Gygor and Vykron/ is there any connection between all these?
Keep reading the bios! We aren't going to spill the beans here.
3. Will Scott Neitlich wear a purple Spandex suit at SDCC?
From Toyguru: “That depends on whether Pixel Dan comes dressed as Mosquitor per our bet!”
4. Not really a question, rather a suggestion: Perfuma's flower, Peekablue's feathers, Angella's wings, Castaspella's hypnotic wheel, Mermista's shell and Flutterina's wings- they all are clipped into the back of the figure. Could you find a way to make these interchangeable much like you did with the arm attachments of the male figures? It could work as well with Scorpia's tail and Octavia's tentacles!
Great thoughts. We'll pass these along.
5. In Toy Guru's blog we read about Randor's possible future variant that could even include his spear. But this spear has been released in the second weapons pak already. Is there a chance we could get one in vac metal or even die cast, if the time for a Randor variant has come?
A cool idea but nothing to annunce right now. Die Cast is expensive so that is less likley.
On Stinkor, the valve that plugs into his armor is not really referenced on the box anywhere. Really unless I had knowledge from the staction release I probably would not have known where to place it. Would it be possible in the future when a figure has a modern or alternate look it can be shown on the side flap similar to how Slush Head’s water dome instruction is?A great suggestion and one we will take into consideration!
On Twitter, Geoff mentioned that people could get Sir Laser-Lot at SDCC. Was that just wrong info on his part or will there be some early stock there being sold?The fig will be displayed at SDCC but is not for sale until Aug.
Am I able to change my shipping preference on my subs mid year if I contact CS or am I stuck with what I chose?You will be able to change and we are hoping to have our “My Sub” page ready soon to have even more control over your sub.
Kastor’s Korner: Between MOTU and Ghostbusters’ Retro Heroes, Mattel
has clearly established a good working relationship with Filmation. Is it possible this relationship may lead to some kind of future for another classic Filmation/ Mattel 80′s team-up– BraveStarr? While the Marshall never gained the mass appeal of He-Man, he’s not without his fans… and his 25th Anniversary is hitting this year!
Mattel: Just because we have the license for Voltron and MOTU from Classic Media, this does not mean we have rights to all of their many properties. We do not have the rights to Bravestarr.
Were the first EvilWarriors hired by keldor before, during or after Randor & Keldor faced Marzo in the Great Unrest?This will be revealed soon! Keep reading the bios and mini comics!
If King Heman can send Spector back to the past to hire SLL, what's stopping him to save Duncan from his death?Sir Laser Lot was a VERY rare example of someone who could be pulled out of time due to the unique nature of his mysterious "death" or disappearance. Similar to Super Girl in that tail end episode of JLU "Far from Home".
Do SLL keeps using his current armor when he becomes a MAA? or does he use the traditional MAA armor and gear?He uses his standard armor. The Armor is not distinct to the position. When Clamp Champ get the title MAA he does not wear the Duncan's armor. This was Duncan's look, not a look for the title.
Given that Zodak is not a Cosmic Enforcer, can you explain what the armor used by Zodac, Zodak, Zeelahr, and Wun-dar comes from? Is that the outfit of some kind of order of mystical warriors, some of which are recruited as Cosmic Enforcers?Often armor is left over from battles and is taken by other warriors and used or reused as needed to stay alive on a battle ridden planet like Eternia!
It is said that Evil-Lyn travels to the future to live with her son. How distant in the future does she travel? Maybe she travelled to a relatively near future coinciding with the age of King He-Man?Yes, the future she arrives in is during the time of King He-Man.
MOTUClassics.Com Asks: After the Dragon Blaster Skeletor reveal, a lot of talk focused on the dragon, but we’d like to ask about the sword. Long-time collectors have multiple purple swords at this point. We understand the vintage line repeated accessories, but we’re not sure if that should be a nostalgic callback. Can Mattel
look into redecoing these repeated accessories to enhance future figures instead of reissuing the same ones repeatedly?At this point it is too late to make any changes to this figure.
MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Depending on how you count the beasts and figures with only slight differences, the MOTU Classics line should reach its 100th figure sometime in 2013. Is there anything special planned for that centennial figure or will it just be a footnote when we get to it?Since schedule and logistical issues can change release schedules we simply are not in a position to pin point exactly which fig will be # 100.
MOTUClassics.Com Asks: Will anything special be done with Mekaneck’s goggles? The figure looks like he’s off to a great start in the e-mail, but the goggles appear to have little defintion on the lenses. Will they be highlighted in anyway?The goggles are silver, but there is no vac metal.
1) If the MotU Classics line manages to last until 2017, would all characters that were available as actionfigures in the previous lines (MotU vintage, PoP, NA) have been released by then? Or are there any characters from those lines who ain't planned at all in the long run?Logistical and other issues can change release order so we don't have an exact date when ALL the vintage figs will be done in Classics, but we hope to get to this goal in time.
2) Why does the new Masters series from DC Comics follow its own continuity instead of playing within the MotU Classics canon?
To allow DC writers the creative freedom to tell their own stories in the MOTU world and reinforce that there is no one cannon.
3) Is Mattel
concerned that an oversupply of product might result in less customers subscribing for 2013 due to figures being available for lower prices on the secondary market and Mattel re-offering product? There are fans who fear that this might jeopardize the necessary limited amount of subscriptions necessary to keep the line going well.This is something we are always looking into and it is one reason no figure in 2012 and beyond will go into a second run.
4) It seems like ages since we heard anything about a new Master movie. Do you have anything to share in terms of its development?It is currently with Sony for development. No new news right now.
5) A lot of vintage MotU figures nowadays have stains as a result from the plastic used 20-30 years ago. Now those toys were not produced as collectors items. But did you ensure to use materials for the MotU Classics that won't experience similar constrictions in upcoming years?We do age test all of our product but there is no way to know for sure as each customer has a different experience with there toys. The harder you play with them, the less likley they will last forever. Hey, we were all kids once right?!
The sites listed below are the sites who want to participate in the Q&A round-up in these threads and on the He-Man.org homepage news entry.
Be sure to check out their sites! There's a lot there to see in addition to the Q&As.
ElkkThunders Toy Room
See what the fans have to say HERE!