Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 86 questions!
This round of questions were selected by TheShadow.
Thanks to those fans for their help!
1. wundarwarrior: If the line ever came to an end, which I hope never happens, would you put the rest of the bios canon out in some sort of booklet? Or would we be left in the dark much like the end of the MYP series? I really enjoy this story and will be beyond bummed if it isn't finished.
Your question is really asking a hypothetical and honestly we just don't have an answer. Our hope is enough figures will ship that all the bios will be revealed. We can tell you by the end of 2013 most of the "core" story will be revealed.
2. Prahvus: Will Netossa's net/cape be made in the same fragile, rubbery plastic as Leech's net?
It will be similar but we are trying to make it a bit more durable.
3. Mern-Ra: Could Ruben tell us exactly why he chose not to re-deco Clawful's mace in the next weapons pack? We have been told it was his design choice, but we would all love to hear the reasoning behind this unusual choice.
It was honestly just a design choice. There really isn't a larger back story. Ruben designed the mace in a color that he personally liked.
4. hadley: Assuming an Oo-Lar figure was EVER in the cards, was he to be considered a "concept" character like Vikor that is now very unlikely to be made, or a "bonus" character more like Wun-Dar (that I guess is also very unlikely)? I'm very interested to see what he looked like, so I hope he gets made some day.
We'd love to get to an Oo-Lar figure in time. A lot of that will depend on how many slots we get in 2014 (which will be based on 2013 sub sales, which as we've noted were much lower compared to previous years which potentially means we may get fewer slots in 2014 compared to 2011 or 2012. But that remains to be seen. We will fight for every slot we can!)
5. musclor: In the talks of the changing roadmap, I've seen all three vintage lines mentioned, along with nods to Filmation and 200X. Do you feel, though, that there are still mini-comics characters (Lodar, Garn, Prince Dakon, etc.) that belong in the new heavy hitters only selection for 2014 and onwards? Mini comics is an area we want to hit. How many mini comic figures we can get to after 2013 will all come down to how many slots we get to each year. Lets us know what you think! Would you prefer Hydron, Two Bad and Glimmer or Lodar and The Masks of Power Demons etc...?
We want to maximize each slot we get so let us know who you want the most and we’ll do our best with every slot we get.
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.86, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!