Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 102 questions!
This round of questions were selected by darthdrew13.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. He-Dad: It was said that there will be no more 3 packs in the sub. Is there still the possibility of them being offered outside the sub when it makes sense to have them? (movie 3 pack or smaller figures, that kinda thing)
To bottom line this one, we actually only ever had 2 “Three packs” planned, even in our original 2017 master road map. Both Star Sisters and FFM were put as three packs because it just didn't make sense to offer them as singles. If we had offered for example just Tall Star as a single monthly fig, fans would likely be upset over not "completing the team". Since both SS and FFM were teams of 3, it just made sense to offer them as 3 packs. But given the fan feedback that 3 packs are a bit too expensive, we won't be planning anymore at this time anyway. We only ever had 2 different three packs in the master plan and when we reorganized 2014 and 2015 based on rising costs, we did not add any more in.
2. snakeeyes0217: There seems to be a trend with humanoid figures having smaller heads this year (Jitsu, King He-Man, GP He-Man). Is this a stylistic choice on the part of the horsemen, a cost saving directive or possibly due to shrinkage from the molding process?
This is not a direct design choice. It is possible there is some tool molding shrinkage. We will pass this comment along to the QC group!
3. darthdrew13: The Skeletor figure released through Toys R Us in the 2-pack seems to be an homage to the Filmation version of the character. Was there any discussion on swapping out his foot mold with someone like Stratos or Keldor to give him a closer match to the Filmation cartoons? And is this something you would consider if a Filmation Skeletor is to be released in the future?
This figure was not an homage to the Filmation Skeletor. It was a translation of his look from the comic he is packed in with. We do not have plans for a Filmation Skeletor at this time.
4. Niki: In the beginning of the line there were some materials that hindered that articulation but those issues were fixed later with softer plastic. Then, Bubble Power She-Ra's skirt got side slits to fix She-Ra's mobility problem. But characters like Dekker, Netossa or Eternos King Randor are limited because their skirt pieces don´t have those slits even though they were released after Bubble Power She-Ra. Castaspella and other potential future releases may have this same problem. Why aren´t those slits standard procedure for all MOTUC figures wearing skirts or skirt pieces?
There is no overarching rule that regulates this. Things like this are handled on a figure by figure basis by the Horsemen and design. We'll be happy to pass along your comments!
5. Jeevesosiris: I am sure we are all expecting some amazing reveals at SDCC this year. Is there any one particular reveal that you think will blow us away? I'm not after names here. I'm just wondering if there is a jewel in the SDCC reveal crown.
Yes, there is one figure in particular that will possibly overtake every other fig we have ever done. It is that cool.
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.102, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!