Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 103 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Jeevesosiris.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. No-ah: Scott was quoted as saying that if Castle Grayskull did well, the Battle Ram might be the next pre-order. Also, when asked if more vehicles were on the way, Scott told the fans more than once to buy more Wind Raiders if we want more vehicles. But now, after the Wind Raider has sold out, Scott has been quoted saying that because the Wind Raider took so long to sell out, the ship may have sailed for other large vehicles like the Battle Ram, which contradicts what we were told before. Since a pre-order only goes through if we hit the number necessary and you've already paid to design and create the tooled prototype, a pre-order would appear to be a no-risk situation. Is the Battle Ram pre-order still a possibility?
Definitely not at this time. The Windraider simply took too long to sell through and there is too many "human man hours" needed to produce a toy like the Battleram or any vehicle outside maybe small one manned things or deluxe accessories. Vehicles are actually quite complicated, at least compared to a basic figure. We have such limited resources for the MOTUC line and we are putting all of those into trying to finish up the vintage MOTU, POP and key NA, mini comic and animation characters by 2015 (pending we get enough sub holders each year to have a 2014 and 2015 line). Fans really do vote with their purchase (yes we know you are sick of that line but it is just true) and we did not sell enough Windraiders at full price and quickly enough to justify any more vehicles at this time. Even with a preorder.
2. Jeevesosiris: In a recent question to Mattel we were told that "Castle Grayskull does not even exist at the time Teela is queen and Sorceress simultaneously." I know that more details of this may appear in a future bio, but to ease the minds of those people who are worried that Castle Grayskull has lost some of its importance in the mythos because of this, will you please clarify what was meant by your statement? Is Castle Grayskull no longer standing? Or has the power within gone with He-man on his New Adventures?
Sorry, but we are not going to give away the goods here in the letter column! You'll just need to keep reading the bios and mini comics!
3. Shokoti's Slave: So far we know of Veena, Kodak Ungor and Teela'Na. In all the centuries between the first and last Guardian, has there ever been a male Guardian of Castle Grayskull in the MOTUC mythos? A Sorcerer of Grayskull, so to speak?
Yes, both men and women have served in this role over the centuries. Some non humans too.
4. Dynamo Of Eternia: Can the Early Access sales pages be updated to work in a manner that is more like the combined sales page from general sale on the 15th of each month? The general combined sales page is set up so that a quantity can be put in the box next to each time listed and the one "add to cart" button appears at the bottom, which adds ALL of the items to the cart all at the same time. But with Early Access, each item has its own separate "add to cart" button with no quantity box. As a result, when one the "add to cart" button is pressed for one item, you are sent to the cart page. It defaults to a quantity of 1, so that has to be manually changed. But the bigger problem is that you then have to navigate back to the early access page to add a different item, further slowing down the checkout process. This slower process can result in missing out on items. I hope this can be changed before the SDCC items go up for sale via Early Access, as I'm sure a lot of people will want more than 1 of multiple items.
At this time no, but we are always looking into ways of improving the EA process based on how customers purchase.
5. facet: Scott, will you please tell us all of the new characters on pages 2 and 3 of the third new mini comic? By this I mean any character that was created by you and your staff, that didn't have an action figure or previously existing media associated with it. Then, also show us exactly where they are in that 2 page spread by either circling them in a JPG and attaching their name or something similar. Thanks!
He-Man.org were kind enough to also send over a visual to assist with this question. Based on this visual, the character labeled "Golden Rod" are generic members of the Viper Squadron, the character labeled "Snow Thief" is actually Goldenrod (Snarrrlll the Snow Thief is above Mosquitor). The two characters behind BlastAttak are Strettch Nek and Vypor.
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.103, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!