Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 106 questions!
This round of questions were selected by blackiecats.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. Grayskull's Heir: Will it be possible to combine several Modulok figures and build one huge uber-Modulok with, say, 5 torsos and ten heads? If so, the figure will need to include enough connector pieces to make this possible and have day-of-sale stock.
At this point he is not far enough along to comment on that, but we can confirm there will be some day of stock.
2. blackiecats: Will there be any further figures in 2013 that do not get any day-of-sale stock?
Yes, as announced when we sold the Filmation series, the owner of the "pirate sword" will not have day of. This was revealed at SDCC to be Sea Hawk.
3. King Tamusk: At PowerCon 2012, attendees were able to get a secret accessory (fused Keldor swords) and hear the announcement of Castle Grayskull. Will attendees of PowerCon 2013 be getting any such treats, such as a new secret accessory or big announcement, or both?
To manage expectations, there won't be a secret accessory as that was a bit of a fluke when a few units of the Keldor sword were produced incorrectly and fused together. Instead of tossing them we had them polly bagged to give out at PC!
4. MrRoboto: When one looks at a year's worth of figures recently, we see a line-up from different factions, eras and so forth. How is it decided or what guidelines do you follow to determine which character is put into their respective monthly slot?
It is a careful balancing act and one of the things our team is very good at. The MOTUC line was thought out years in advance month to month (and for the most part has stayed true to the original road map almost to a tee. One of the things that was looked at was making sure each year had a good offering of A list AND C list characters as well as representation from all factions. Sometimes you can get a two-fer or even a three-fer like with Catra. She is POP, Horde, female, vintage etc.... It is a very well thought out process and roadmap.
5. No-Ah: I discovered this line last year with the Castle Grayskull pre-order. When we pre-ordered, we were told Grayskull would come out in December 2013. At SDCC you mentioned that Castle Grayskull is coming out in November. I have two of these pre-ordered. That's a lot of money to me and the difference between November and December is big when it comes to budgeting for big ticket items like this. Which is it? Does the Castle comes out in November or December? And if it is now November, will you make any provisions for those of us who expected and budgeted to buy these in December?
We can confirm the preorder Castles will start shipping in late Nov and the day of stock at 300.00 will go on sale Dec 15 (very very limited!)
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.106, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!