Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 111 questions!
This round of questions were selected by Firesoullove.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. MOTU_Maniac: On several occasions (but even more-so in October) subscribers noticed that many Early Access and Day of Sale orders were shipped out before their subscriptions even though we have been continually told that one of the perks of subscribing is having your order shipped 1-2 days before Day of Sale orders. Why has this been happening and what will be done to make sure going forward subscriber orders are given priority?
We do our best to try ship in this order, but it doesn't always 100% work out. We will certainly pass this along to the fulfillment team and let them know continues improvements are needed!
2. Lich Leech: Sky High, Sea Hawk and a few others have very bulky armor at the sides, giving them an overstuffed look that detracts from their appearance (they look awesome otherwise). It appears to be a problem with putting the connectors at the sides and under the arms, making the armor much thicker there than anywhere else, which in turn makes the arms stick out and gives the figures an overstuffed appearance. Any thoughts on keeping the armor slimmer in the future, especially under the arms?
Designed asked to pass this along directly:
• We have started moving armor tabs further back in order to not add the extra wall thickness to the silhouette
• The last couple of figures have been full bodied armor which means the extra wall thickness runs all the way down to the waist, not half like- Too Bad, King Grayskull, Sky high so they don't seem as wide
3. InspectorZartan: It's been stated that when designing the original road map for Classics that all of the bios were written at once for every character and variant expected to be released under that road map. But what about characters like Kowl, Prince Adam, and Zoar that have been released as pack ins or accessories and thus weren't released with a bio? Did those characters not have bios written for them in the beginning like everyone else or were they written but unreleased?
"so here is a little insight. It has always been my hope that perhaps in a movie year some of the more A list MOTUC figures might see a retail release with scaled back deco and accessories (to make them affordable for retail and to preserve the original release online). While no plans for this now, the bios were written out anticipating that it might be possible one day to release addition items at retail like perhaps a single carded Adam. But again, no plans right now. But bios were written for the long term with a "one day" in mind."
4. Squichy Duck Man: While a second run of any figure is off the table, how likely is a variant release of the 2-pack (Horde Trooper)? This could be anything from a change in deco, alternate heads, etc. It is assumed that this is not yet planned so I am inquiring about the possibility.
Extremely unlikely before 2016. To do this would take resources away from a new fig.
5. Firesoullove: Will there be items/figures outside the sub for the first half year in 2014? I was hoping for more figures outside the sub to move faster forward and getting as many as possible before price increase in 2015. So I was surprised there is nothing to see outside the sub for the first half of 2014.
You will just need to wait and see. We have many surprises in the next two years!
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 2.111, as well as find links to all the previous WTFWTK sessions!