Super7 has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
Check out their answers to your Round 13 questions!
This round of questions were selected by SonOfHeMan.
Thanks to that fan for their help!
1. ero: Through your partnership with Mattel, do you still have access to their factory and their MOTUC tooling library? If so, are you open to producing certain items through them that you couldn't on your own due to tooling costs?
We do have access, however the ability to take on new products there depends on the state of the available tooling, as much of it is quite old. We are always open to exploring what is possible!
2. sailoruranus: A number of fans feel there are problems with the female buck. Would Super7 fix the height issue, and also return to the original leg articulation?
It really depends on the project. The reality is that the cost of new tooling is difficult to overcome, and is feasible only if we are able to spread that cost across multiple figures. We are open to considering an update, provided there are enough characters available to use the new tooling.
3. wayne-klops: Is it your intention to put all first-release Filmation characters (ones that never had a toy before) in Club Grayskull, which means the simpler aesthetic?
We approach this on a case-by-case basis. With some of the more obscure characters, it may not be realistic to create two separate versions: one for Collector's Choice and one for Club Grayskull. So we pick the version we feel would make the coolest toy possible.
4. bObA_fEtt_Ox: Do you have a clear road map for Club Grayskull to finish that MOTUC subline with the last thirty Filmation variants?
We have a roadmap for where we are taking the line, but it is a more general approach as opposed to focusing on finishing only the animation variants. There are a lot of other characters available to also choose from: characters that had toys in the 80s that differed from the cartoon, characters that were on the cartoon but did not have a toy in the 80s, characters that were on the cartoon and had a modern toy in Collector's Choice, etc. All of these would be cool to see as Club Grayskull figures, so we try to find a balance of all of them when planning the line.
5. mjw41: What new information, if any, can you provide us about the upcoming MOTUC Snake Mountain playset pre-order and production?
Snake Mountain is at the factory and we are finalizing the pricing and shipping logistics now so that we can provide a solid plan to customers. Stay tuned for an announcement!
Check out what fans have to say about the answers to the WTFWTK 3.13, as well as find links to all the previous Fan Q&A sessions!