Presentation of Power - RPG 5
Added On: May 16, 2020 2:51 am
Type: Prose
Community Series: MOTU Classic

 

Presentation of Power - RPG 5

"Presentation of Power" was the fifth Masters of the Universe campaign played via email. This document compiles the email messages that made up the game. The DM was Jacob Q. Email addresses and player names have been removed.

The questions implicitly posed include: "What if the evil characters gained an absolute advantage in power?", and "Would the good characters prostrate themselves to an evil Horde viceroy?"



Authors:

Tri-Klops <()>

Teela <()>

Mermista <()>

Castaspella <()>

Evil-Lyn <()>

He-Man <()>

She-Ra <()>

Glimmer <()>

Stratos <()>

Hordak <()>

Queen Angella <()>

Faker <()>

Grizzlor <()>

Skeletor <()>

Roboto <()>

Hoof <()>

DM <()>



Hordak, you are slouched in your throne with a most gruesome expression on

your face. Only 3 months ago, a Horde inspector named Korg visited you on

Etheria. Upon leaving, he made it perfectly clear to you that if you

failed to keep a tighter lid on the Rebellion, Horde Prime would teleport

you to Horde World where you would spend the rest of your days working as

his personal slave. Korg has just appeared to you over your viewscreen.

He knows that you have not been able to complete a single convoy from the

Fright Zone to the Horde Outpost at Kal Adar in over 4 weeks. Korg claims

that he has seen your failures over this time, and he further states that

he has not revealed them to Horde Prime. Before ending transmission, he

warns that you must earn his trust quickly. Horde Prime may have need of you.

Shadow Weaver floats next to Hordak's throne. She suggests that you start

by making a massive shipment of grain near the Whispering Woods and to Kal

Adar. Her reasoning is that if you complete this relatively small task,

the rebels may doubt their superiority. Furthermore, since the Horde

controls all legal farms, the rebellion is still hungry even though it has

seized several Horde food shipments.

Hordak, you summon Grizzlor and a Horde Trooper. This is no ordinary

trooper. He is the commander of Kal Adar who you have invited to train

further in the Fright Zone. Though your evil nature prevents you from

trusting him, at least you do not distrust him so much. You had summoned

the Trooper to train for a promotion to lower General. You need him now,

and you give him his advancement immediately. The Horde Trooper's name for

this RPG will be Battle Master. Note: the trooper is a human who wears

special armor. He is not a robot. Hordak explains his situation.

Unfortunately, you have sent most of you lackeys on a mission to gain

energy metals from another planet in the Horde Empire.

Shadow Weaver warns that you will need help. Hordak, you know that Shadow

Weaver is needed to run the Fright Zone if you choose to go with the

convoy. Shadow Weaver suggests that she has developed the ability to

create a portal that will appear in Eternia and attract evil warriors. You

know that if Skeletor finds out, he will not be happy, but what do you care

about Skeletor?

I am playing Shadow weaver as an NPC. Hordak, Grizzlor, and Battle Master,

and Shadow Weaver are standing by Hordak's throne. You now have control of

your characters and may talk amongst yourselves.

DM

______________

> Shadow Weaver, that was the single-most STUPID idea I have EVER

>heard!!! I think that you should create a portal to attract more people

>to join MY empire!!! (snort, snort)Now THAT is an idea!!! (snort, snort)

> However, that G?R?A?I?N? idea was completely hairbrained, do not

>follow thru!!! (snort, snort)

> (I now press the button on my throne, Shadow Weaver falls thru the

>trapdoor, then reappears)

> AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hordak

________________

Grain......food.....mmm. What does the mighty Hordak wish of me?"

Grizzlor

______________

Man-At-Arms is manning the palace's communication systems. At about 3PM,

he receives a transmission that sounds like Hoof. He says he is on his

way. Man-At-Arms is perplexed. Eternia was not expecting Hoof for another

month. He is further perplexed by the clarity of the signal over such a

distance. From the transmission Hoof uses his short time to relate the

information below. The expected destination is the center of the Palace

Courtyard. Man-At-Arms informs the king and queen of the situation, and

they are elated. They encourage Man-At-Arms to contact the available

heroes of Eternia, some of whom were not able to participate in the

original campaign but never tire of hearing the tales.

Following the storage of the Demon Gem and a book of demonology within the

walls of Grayskull where the treasures and artifacts of Eternia are kept,

the heroes who participated in the defeat of the evil from Baator vowed to

meet one year later to recount their victory and the bond it brought among

them. Note:Throughout the RPG, I will be using normal earth time. Your

characters know their time, and my usage of Earth time will allow you to

understand your characters' thoughts. It has been 11 months since the time

when the only known key to Baator was placed in the hands of the just. One

named hoof, a being from Pachyderm, who resembles an enormous 1 ton

rhinoceros with heavy armor and a heat seeking missile recently began his

journey to Eternia. On Pachyderm, Hoof was viewed as a hero for his effort

in sealing the door to Baator. Though there may be others, even on other

words, it takes a hero to give the forces of evil difficulty in surfacing.

Among other things, Hoof was promised by the state aid in transport to

Eternia for the annual meeting.

Time works a bit differently on Pachyderm, so Hoof would not have a full

month to wait. Also, the system of portals used by the citizens of

Pachyderm is limited. After set distances, the user must take a

"connecting portal" to continue his journey. The state has successfully

tested a prototype of a new device which allows the user to travel much

greater distances instantaneously. Hoof, with his reputation as a hero,

felt compelled, though pleased to test the system with his journey to

Eternia. Hoof could get a quick ride to Eternia (and back), and the state

gets a test as to the pinpoint accuracy over trans galactic space.

The appointed time has arrived. Hoof has terminated transmission, donned

his armor and weaponry, (restored by the state), and stepped through the

portal. Man-At-Arms urges each of you to come to the palace at once. You

recipients of this mail)have been ready for the visit for a long time.

This is to be a joyous reunion, but it will not be a gala event. You love

celebrating the victory against Hell itself, but you also gather to

reaffirm your commitment to goodness and justice. This will be a warrior's

gathering, no, a warrior-philosopher gathering. The memories shall flow, a

small party will be enjoyed, none of you would boast, not too much anyway,

about your triumph, and none of you would miss this for the world. You

meet at the royal palace, ahead of the time Hoof should arrive. You only

bring yourselves, your normal weapons and armor, and anything you think

would be appropriate for a celebration in the palace, in the presence of

King Randor and Queen Marlena.

Beginning, next message, play of your characters will revert to you.

______________

Each of you except Hoof has arrived at the palace for the celebration of

the victory against Baator. As you were particularly anxious to arrive,

you got their earlier than most of the other expected guests. You have

made your way to Man-At-Arms' lab and are joking about how some of his new

inventions could have helped in the battle against Baator.

Interrupting the discussion, an alarm goes off on his computer console. It

seems an unstable wormhole has opened on the dark side of Eternia. He also

detects massive fluctuations in the surface of the wormhole that increase

until he is unable to discern its structure.

Man-At-Arms explains to you that it could be Hoof. He proceeds to explain

the distance portal project as well as the danger to Hoof's structure from

the journey. You really do not understand much of what he is talking

about, but you accept his admonition to follow him to the last known site

of the portal. He stops by to tell the king and queen of the situation,

and they agree to explain to the other guests.

Before you know it, you are off to the charted location. You each take a

sky sled towards the site. As you get nearer, you notice that the location

seems to be a valley, and you are now flying over the last hill before

being able to see the landscape below.

When you finally see, you see an astonishing site. Tri-Klops, Evil-Lyn,

someone who looks alot like He-Man, and Skeletor are standing near Hoof.

It would seem they want his weapons and armor or that they do not like this

intruder onto their side of the planet. That is not all, however. Seconds

later, a portal opens. A yellow ellipse forms, and blue hands grab

Tri-Klops and draw him within itself. It repeats the process with Evil-Lyn

and the guy who looks like He-Man. Next it tries to do the same with Hoof,

but upon touching Hoof, the hands smoke as though they were burned, and the

portal begins to close rapidly. Skeletor sticks most of his staff through

the closing portal, head first. You are now within 20 seconds of landing

at the site. Skeletor gets an angry look on his face as he with draws the

staff partially and examines a film on it. The closest to Skeletor and

Hoof you can get is about 100 yards east, so you land. Skeletor is

obviously agitated by your appearance, but he seems a bit more interested

in examining his staff. Hoof takes this opportunity to sneak away from the

area before making a full run towards the rest of you. Skeletor yells into

the air. Hordak, you stole my men, I will make you pay dearly!!"

Your character are officially activated, and your choices are yours. Your

party is 75 yards from Skeletor. Teela, He-Man, Stratos, Roboto, Hoof, you

may communicate to each other using the names below. Of course, I must see

all messages.

Teela <()>,

He-Man <()>,

Stratos <()>,

Roboto <()>,

DM <()>,

Hoof <()>

DM

________________

In the first He-Man RPG, The heroes of Eternia defeated Skeletor and the

evil of Baator (Hell) by seizing the Demon Gem and closing the gateway to

Baator. Instrumental in that campaign was a character named Hoof, a 1 ton

Rhinoceros with powerful (-11) armor and a heat seeking missile among other

things.

Skeletor, you are still bitter about your defeat. When you thought you

controlled demons, you thought that was the most power you ever had. You

have intercepted a transmission to Man-At-Arms telling of Hoof's planned

visit to Eternia via an experimental portal. You are very interested in

obtaining Hoof's armor, weapons, and portal technology. You gather

Evil-Lyn, Faker, and Tri-Klops since they are the only warriors available

in Snake Mountain at the time. You prepare to raid the royal palace.

On your way, Skeletor's staff begins to glow. It seems that space-time is

weakening in the area. You are still on the dark side of Eternia, and you

have walked to a valley. A few moments later, Hoof appears from un

unstable portal that soon collapses on itself. You quickly surround Hoof

and prepare to steal his gear. A second portal opens. This one is a

yellow ellipse with transparent blue hands. It grabs Tri-Klops and takes

him into itself. It repeats the operation with Evil-Lyn, and Faker. Next

it attempts to grab Hoof.

At about this time, you see several sky sleds come over the last ridge.

They are coming towards you. The hands touch Hoof, and then they start to

smoke. The portal begins collapsing in on itself rapidly.

DM

__________

Shadow Weaver does not fall into your pit. She hovers a few feet away, and

looks at you with eyes glowing. She performs your orders and opens a

portal in the center of the room. On the other side, blue, transparent

hands seize 3 evil warriors, and then Shadow Weaver cringes. "There was a

powerful stranger on the other side." "He must have been good, because my

portal collapsed". It also seems that the space in the area is unstable.

I do not know why. All I do know is that I can not make another attempt.

As the portal continues to collapse, a staff comes partly through.

Skeletor's warriors recognize it as his Havoc Staff. Hordak, you also

recognize it, and you become angry. It looks like there are now 6 evil

warriors present. Tri-Klops, Battle Master, Evil-Lyn, Hordak, Faker, and

Grizzlor, you may now communicate with each other since you are present

together. It is up to you to communicate if you wish or make your own

choices. All of your characters are yours now. You may send messages to

any of the following people, but I must see all messages. Of course, none

of the new arrivals would be familiar with Battle Master.

Tri-Klops <()>,

Horde Trooper <()>,

Evil-Lyn <()>,

Hordak <()>,

Faker <()>,

Grizzlor <()>,

DM <()>

DM

________________

Hoof, you tell the others that Skeletor said something like "Hordak, you

stole my men, and I will make you pay dearly. All of you are now within

range to communicate with each other. Skeletor, you know where the portal

leads, and you are angry that Hordak stole your men. A group of good

warriors is moving towards you quickly, and they do not look happy. You

can open the portal with your staff, you can leave it there, or you can

withdraw it completely, knowing that the portal will close. The good

characters continue to move towards Skeletor and the portal. You all now

have control of your characters. Your choices, actions, and words are now

yours. You are within range to communicate with any of the following

characters, but I must see all messages.

Skeletor <()>,

DM <()>,

Teela <()>,

He-Man <()>,

Stratos <()>,

Roboto <()>,

<()>,

Hoof <()>

DM

________________

Man-At-Arms is able to do a quick scan of Hoof. He seems stable. Space

time in the area is week, though.

DM

____________

Can I pull Skeletor in the portal by pullin on his havoc staff?? If so

I'll do

>that, or at least try.

Evil-Lyn

_______________

At the end of the last post, the good guys were about 75 yards away from you. First you want to attack He-Man, you say. Skeletor is a very powerful warrior as well as a mage (wizard). Since they are far away, you obviously want to use a spell. In the future, you will want to tell me which spell you would like to try. I am using AD&D spells as well as spells listed on my site under the Guides section of my RPG site.

You launch a fireball at He-Man. It seems now that the group is running towards you, and your aim is a bit high. You do know where your warriors are. You found by examining your staff that the world to which the portal leads is Etheria, so you think Hordak is to blame. Teela is too far away for you to capture. By the way, Hoof, the armored 1 ton Rhino is charging you. You proceed with your other request, which thankfully you accomplish. You use your staff to pry open the portal and go through it. On the other side, you find your warriors, but you also see a Horde general, Hordak, Shadow Weaver, and Grizzlor. Those present seem to be attacking. You are in the Fright Zone, and the portal has completely closed behind you.

There are many spells, including the ones I have listed in the spells section of the guide. I consider the bread and butter to be "Fireball", "Cone of Cold", and "Lightning Bolt". Their names are pretty obvious, and they are powerful. If you were to describe a spell, I would tell you if something like it actually exists. It is also wise to note the spells of other mages.

DM

___________________

Here is some fear for Skeletor. It is though that Hoof, given enough

distance can build up great speed when attacking with his horn. Skeletor

looks like he is panicking.

While the good characters are busy running towards Skeletor to form a

circle or semi-circle, Skeletor launches a fireball at you, it looks like

it is specifically directed at He-Man. Fortunately, his haste in his next

action causes him to aim poorly, so the fireball detonates in the air and

10 yards behind you, so you suffer no damage. Skeletor grabs his staff and

writhes the portal open. When he passes through, it closes without a

trace. The good group arrives at the site, but neither the portal or

Skeletor left a trace.

Skeletor left before he could see the fruition of the rest of your actions.

DM

___________

He-Man, I think I have an idea of what has been happening with the portal Skeletor left through. I also believe that if I could speak with Hoof and Duncan specifically, as well as the rest of you that I could shed some light on the instabilities in the area shortly after Hoof arrived. You must come to Grayskull quickly.

Sorceress of Grayskull

Please not that you are the only one receiving this telepathic message. It is up to you to act on it or ignore it.

DM

__________________

I want to try and make peace with Hordack. So me and him can become a

joined force against He-Man. We then invite all the other warrors to join us

in our continous fight.

I also would like to have everyones e-mail address whos on my side.

Skeltor

__________________

Subject: RPG

All of you are currently in Castle Brightmoon. For the last four weeks,

Hordak has been able to get even one convoy of supplies to Horde outposts

if the path came anywhere near Whispering Woods. You are gathered today

because it was you five that are primarily responsible for this tactical

victory.

You have received messages from spies explaining that Hordak is extremely

frustrated because he has received a message from an inspector saying that

if he does not turn around recent events he will become the personal slave

of Horde Prime.

As you are discussing recent events, a cube 3"x3" flies through a window

and lands at Glimmer's feet. Glimmer picks it up, and it comes alive with

a hologram.

"I am Horde Viceroy of Sector 6. I am in charge of the sector you are in,

a sector that you may know enumerates 52 worlds. I have heard reports of a

failing Horde government on your world. I am also aware that Hordak, your

Governor has been inefficient in filling his quota of raw materials for the

Horde empire. I have also come to understand that a group known as the

"Rebellion" has been partially responsible in depleting our resources. To

me this indicates a possible advance in technology. I wish to engage in a

diplomatic mission to your world to include me, 5 high members of this

"Rebellion", and Horde representatives. I will appear in a vacant area of

the Whispering Woods as I know your Governor has problems navigating the

area. I will appear two days from now at noon. You will know where to

meet. I will teleport the Horde representatives to the appointed place.

My superior magic will have no problem granting me access to your magic

forest. One other thing, you have little choice in the matter. Be there!

I know it is normal for the army on your planet to put bombs in just about

everything. As a show of good faith, the bombs are absent from this

message cube. You will need it in two days."

The cube fades out and deactivates.

Queen Angella, you are standing before your throne, by Glimmer.

The rest of you are in a semi-circle standing around Angella. from (your)

left to right Mermista, Castaspella, and She-Ra.

Swift Wind is on Unicorn Island spending time with his wife and child.

You now control your characters. You may only communicate with those you

can actually communicate with. Talking and expecting Hordak all the way

out in Fright Zone to hear you would be futile. Glimmer and Castaspella

will be allowed to use telepathy to communicate with any other mage on or

in orbit around the planet. It is up to you to create your own destinies,

though I can offer help in certain instances. Note to She-Ra: In exchange

for the powers your sword has in the statistics, you will only be allowed

to transform your sword to rope and a shield. Each transformation will

take 1 round in combat or several seconds in normal time. Enjoy!

DM

_________________

*Teela runs back* Forgot my sky-sled..I think? *Gets on*

Comin'?

DM

______________

Grizzlor stands ready to attack Skeletor's forces if they make any attempt at attacking Hordak

Grizzlor

________________

I, Tri-Klops, stand with Fakor in protecting our lord Skeletor.

<Tri-Klops's Player> er...Tri-Klops Out

________________

Faker pulls himself off the ground and draws his sword. "Welcome, Hordak. I suppose we should have suspected you were behind this threat to Lord Skeletor. Now, explain yourself!"

Faker

___________________

If anyone makes anything that even _looks_ like a hostile move towards Lord Skeletor, Faker does whatever he can and has to do to stop them: grabbing them in turn, striking them with a fist or his sword, etc.

Faker

_________________

Did you not hear the order, you NINCOMPOOP!!! ATTACK!

--Hordak

___________________

One Hand is up to cast a spell if need be and the other is on my wand ready to

smack the first hordesmen that mark a threating geature. I say " So hordak,

have brought us here on a peaceful venture? I serverly doubt it!"

Evil-Lyn

__________________

I switch my hand to axe, but attack only if two other people decide to

attack as well. Skeletor's too powerful for me alone, and it looks like

he could have bigger problems than us.

<Roboto's Player> (Roboto)

___________________

I, Horde Trooper eagerly stands to aid my commander.

"Hordak, what do you want me to do?"

___________________

Attack!!!

-Hordak

________________

Well I'm pissed. I'm going to charge at Skeletor and try to hit him with my

horn.

Hoof

_________________

I say we grab hoof as soon as we can and get back to the palace to

regroup. There is no telling what dangers are going on here at the moment

and if Man At Arm's reading is correct, we may suffer the same fate as

our foes.

He-Man

____________________

I advise that we form a semicircle attack around skeletor's position, but

that we stay in defensive mode. Remember my friends, skeletor is at his

most dangerous when he is alone and backed in a corner. I still advise

however that as soon as we can join hoof and safely get to Grayskull that

we do so in order to question the sorceress as to the disturbance that

has happend here.

He-Man.

__________________

I'm for that semi-circle thing!I'm gonna try to tackle him and try

to get his staff away from him. The sorceress may be able to analyze it

and give us a clue as to what's going on.

Teela

_______________

I run up and smash shadow weaver with my wand. I Scream "in the name of

skeletor attack!!"

evil-lyn

_______________

I suggest that we should all try to make skeletor move back toward

the portal if it is still there, hopefully we can trap him and either

make him give up or if we need to attack him, we will suffer as few

injuries as possible. I draw my sword and prepare to deflect any

attack skeltor might send my way.

He-Man

__________________

I want to put a downside to He-mans attack on me. I want to find my fellow

evil warrors. And then to steal and capture Teela.

Skelator

___________________

My arm turns into a canon, and I shoot Fakor.

-Hordak

_____________________

You're right. I don't think we should just run out to attack him, after

thinking more clearly on the matter. Besides, it looks as if Skeletor has

more urgent matters to deal with. I float about two feet off the ground

and begin to form the semi-circle around Skeletor.

Stratos

______________________

I close in on the opposite of Stratos to help in the semi-circle,

prepared to tackle, if necessary, and hopefully gain the Havoc staff:)

Teela

____________________

Personally, I don't see what a semi-circle would do, but I join in it.

<Roboto's Player> (Roboto)

_________________

Well, since Skeletor got away, let's see about getting either to

the Palace or to Grayskull and finding out from hoof (and from the

Sorceress if we go to Grayskull) what this is all about.

Teela

__________________

Heck I dunno what this is all about. I just got here. <<Scratches head>>. But

hey, I saw we all go back to this Grayskull place you're talking about.

Hoof

_______________________

Upon seeing skeletor leaving, I rush to the spot where he left to see if

we can find any clues that he might have left behind. I turn to man at

arms and ask him to scan the area to see if he can find any of the goo

that was on skeletor's havoc staff that he might have tossed off of it

before he jumped through the portal. If there is some in the area, I

suggest we find a container for it if Man At Arms has one on him and then

take it to Castle Grayskull to ask the sorceress about it.

However, even if there is no goo left behind, I feel that our best move

would be to journey to Castle Grayskull and seek the sorceresses wisdom

on what has transpired.

He-Man

__________________

Greyskull would indeed be the best place to find out what is happening

here. I am not sure why Hordak would try to capture Skeletor and his

minions now.

<Roboto's Player> (Roboto)

__________________

I start walkin' off towards Greyskull-anyone coming?

Teela

__________________

I'm going to Greyskull as well. He-Man, Hoof, Stratos, you want to come

with us?

<Roboto's Player> (Roboto)

___________________

Ohhh. Dear.

I do not trust him. One. Little. Bit. I guess we should meet with him, but

what to do? So we trust him?

Castaspella

__________________

*paces slowly* If we do go to meet him, I think that we should try to have a

some backup hiding in the woods near us, in case they plan an ambush

directly on us. Further more, if we do go, it would do well for us to carry

some items of protection. Especially ones that SHOULD work on a Hordes'

magic, or whatever the hell they are. I assume that Castaspella would be

able to consult her books to find this out, or in extreme emergency we could

try to contact the Sorcerous. In any case, we need to try to be alert and

on guard at all times. And if they can counter the magic of our home...

then what would stop them from attacking us if we didn't show? I'm sure

these are things that have already crossed the minds of all of us, but it is

just my thoughts...

*Trails off and continues to pace*

-Mermista

____________________

> Greyskull would indeed be the best place to find out what is happening

> here. I am not sure why Hordak would try to capture Skeletor and his

> minions now.

>

> <Roboto's Player> (Roboto)

>

I agree. I think we should all head over to Castle Grayskull and discuss

these recent events with the Sorceress.

Stratos

___________________

I grab teela and put here in front of me as I leap upon BattleCat. I look

at her and smile. "Why walk when you can ride?" "To GraySkull great cat!"

BattleCat takes off for GraySkull

He-Man

___________________

Who'm I to pass up a free ride? However, there is the sky-sled!

Teela

_____________________

I hop on my sky-sled and follow to Greyskull and the Sorceress.

Roboto

__________________

Hmm.. I Dont know what to do. Should we take it to the Soroceress of

Greyskull on Eternia to check it out for us? Or maybe Peekablue can

see into the future (is someone Peekablue?)

GliMMer

_____________________

It is time for me to consider your moves. I did not see anything that was

an obvious action, but I have seen quite a bit of discussion about the

possibility of contacting The Sorceress of Grayskull. She-Ra has talked

much about The Sorceress after her past visits to Eternia with He-Man.

Angella, Queen of this realm, you are the most eager to serve, and you

begin concentrating to find an effective way to reach The Sorceress. Even

though you have telepathic ability, Etheria is a long ways off. You may

want to mention this to The Sorceress. She-Ra steps forward and volunteers

to use the jewel in her sword to contact The Sorceress.

Sorceress: Greetings, She-Ra. Oh, I sense that you are under the great

weight of an irksome decision.

She-Ra: You explain the situation to The Sorceress. You leave nothing out

since you trust her totally, especially since He-Man trusts her absolutely.

Sorceress: I have a vague concept of Horde governmental structure. I know

that the duty of the Horde is to serve Horde Prime. As long as he is

satisfied, nothing else matters. It is entirely possible that the Viceroy

is a reasonably benevolent ruler. It is also quite possible that he wants

only to destroy you. If he is as powerful as he says he is, he could

destroy you either way. There are powers in the universe beyond ours. You

may be able to take some precautions. Be ready to use the "Anti-Magic

Shell", mages. It is designed to stop magical forces. I can not say

whether this level 6 spell will be sufficient, but I have always believed

in teamwork. In speaking of an advocate of teamwork, He-Man and several

other warriors have just arrived here. I know you, She-Ra, would like to

speak with He-Man, maybe he and his friends will be able to help. I will

put you in contact. He-Man, please approach the view screen.

DM

________________

You have all decided to go to Grayskull. Man-At-Arms' dominant thought is

what will be done with the sky sleds. If you take them to Grayskull, Hoof

will be left behind. If you walk, the sky sleds will be unprotected. He

comes up with a brilliant idea. If you were to lash the sleds together and

program them to fly synchronized, you could put Hoof along the width and

the rest of you could squeeze in. Counting Duncan, that is 6 sleds. Hoof,

Duncan refreshes your memory about Grayskull. He reminds you that it is

the place where you met Zodac and where the Demon Gem has been interred.

He-Man, please note that Battlecat is not in this game. Today is the day

for Cringer's annual physical.

You realize you need to hurry, so you follow through with the proposal and

make it to Grayskull without incident. When you arrive, you meet with The

Sorceress.

She lets you in, but she seems preoccupied with the reception on her view

screen. You are standing in the main hall between the entrance and the lab

area. In a few seconds, He-Man, heard a voice he knows well. It seems

She-Ra is speaking over the view screen. This is what is said between the

two:

Sorceress: Greetings, She-Ra. Oh, I sense that you are under the great

weight of an irksome decision.

She-Ra: You explain the situation to The Sorceress. You leave nothing out

since you trust her totally, especially since He-Man trusts her absolutely.

Sorceress: I have a vague concept of Horde governmental structure. I know

that the duty of the Horde is to serve Horde Prime. As long as he is

satisfied, nothing else matters. It is entirely possible that the Viceroy

is a reasonably benevolent ruler. It is also quite possible that he wants

only to destroy you. If he is as powerful as he says he is, he could

destroy you either way. There are powers in the universe beyond ours. You

may be able to take some precautions. Be ready to use the "Anti-Magic

Shell", mages. It is designed to stop magical forces. I can not say

whether this level 6 spell will be sufficient, but I have always believed

in teamwork. In speaking of an advocate of teamwork, He-Man and several

other warriors have just arrived here. I know you, She-Ra, would like to

speak with He-Man, maybe he and his friends will be able to help. I will

put you in contact. He-Man, please approach the view screen.

He-Man, you are excited to be able to talk with your sister. The rest of

you heroes follow behind. You plan on asking The Sorceress about the day's

events, but for now, you would rather not break up the reunion.

DM

__________________

All of you heroes are now able to communicate via The Sorceress' view

screen. She-Ra, you lay your sword on the ground, and a holographic image

the size 10 feet tall and 14 feet wide appears before you. You and the

other Etherians are now talking face to face with the Eternian heroes.

The Eternians do not know what is happening on Etheria. It is your

decision, Etherians, whether or not to tell them or make other requests.

You must do so in your own words.

Etherians do not know what has been happening on Eternia. The Eternians

also have to make the decision to share that information or not.

DM

___________________

It looks like your moves take place in roughly two rounds of play.

Evil-Lyn, your attempt to pull Skeletor into the area via his staff failed.

In fact, the staff retracted two feet. You have seen him pry open portals

a few times with his staff, and you try to mimic him. Your attempt results

in a minor shock, and you lose 2 hit points.

Hordak: Hordak, you have ordered attack. Battle Master, your recently

trained officer was quite pleased at the order. Grizzlor is not quite sure

what is going on, but you further clarify that he is to attack the

new-comers. Most importantly, you have made it clear that attack is

happening. The two groups will be Horde members and Skeletor's troops.

You win the initiative.

Almost all of you go first. Tri-Klops, as we all know sees the immediate

future. This translates to automatic initiative.

Tri-Klops: Your vision puts you in the front of your group. The easiest

one for you to attack is Grizzlor. You look your opponent straight in the

eye, in fact both eyes at once. You feel you can take this big, hairy,

stupid beast. You draw back your sword, and prepare for the plunge.

Grizzlor seems undaunted. You strike at his chest. As your trusty blade

approaches, Grizzlor begins to gain some understanding. He takes out his

bone that he uses as a club and stops you a quarter-inch from your target.

Surely he will not be so aware for your second attack. You strike at the

head this time. Grizzlor, still holding his bone yawns, and he was taught

to cover his mouth when he yawns. He does so in time that his bone

deflects your sword once more.

Grizzlor: Grizzlor is a little more awake now. You do know that you need

to attack Tri-Klops. Since you did not say whether you wanted to attack

with the bone or your powerful jaws, I will give you two bones and a bite.

Tri-Klops is able to block the two bone attacks, but Grizzlor breaks

through with a bite on your right shoulder. You have a gash in that

shoulder, but you are able to stop the bleeding sufficiently that if you

can refrain from fighting, you will be able to seal it well enough not to

lose constitution.

Fakor: You have no special loyalty to Tri-Klops, but your thought keep

turning to the idea that Tri-Klop's demise would result in less defense for

Skeletor. You take your turn at Grizzlor. As requested, I have built stats

for you that are more consistent with the cartoon. For now, your primary

weapon will be the sword. Your skin has the texture of human flesh. Most

of your abilities are comparable to He-Man's, but your intense loyalty to

Skeletor means that you do not socialize well with others. That lowers

your charisma. You speak in a near monotone voice, but it is not

completely robot-sounding. You attack Grizzlor with your sword twice.

Your superior intelligence gives you a targeting advantage. You react

quickly to your targeting. (Grizzlor rolls a 2 to block). You hit. Even

more amazingly, you strike again and hit again. Grizzlor rolled a critical

failure (1)! Folks, this is amazing. Once a character fails to block in

round, he can not block again that round. Rolling a critical failure will

do even more damage. The first hit renders 10 points of damage. The quick

targeting and attack caused a minimal blow and resulted in a cut across the

right forearm. The critical failure deleted an additional 25 points and

left a nasty cut across his stomach and intestines. Grizzlor will lose one

attack next round, and he has lost one level of strength. He will be able

to continue, but the tear may become worse. Fakor's turn is over.

Battle Master: I have completed your stats as well. You will attack with

a blaster primarily, and a sword as a second weapon. You look like the

robot in Secret of the Sword that appears as a large square with a face.

Your arms are connected to the square. Below the square facial structure

is a single spline that goes down 8 inches before branching into your two

legs. Your laser blaster is connected to your arm and would self destruct

if disconnected. Lasers are calculated by targeting and then considered as

statistical magic. Grizzlor is your strongest warrior. If he gives way,

Hordak will himself be attacked. Since you did not tell me who to attack,

I will assume Fakor. You may have 1 blaster shot or 2 sword attacks. You

will try a blaster attack. You aim at Fakor and hit with a 13. As a

robot, he does not bleed, and lasers can not be blocked effectively. You

hit, and he saves for half. You attack with 28d6, and half reduces that to

14d6. You manage to diminish his point total by 51. You are now sure this

is Fakor and not He-Man since you see a hole going all the way through his

abdomen. Until this is repaired, Fakor will lose one attack per round.

Hordak: You wanted to do a maneuver with your arm cannon. In this AD&D

system, you will not be able to do all the normal Hordak things. Any time

you want to shoot with your arm cannon, I will interpret that as the

nearest spell or I will use a 26d6 laser cannon. You raise your arm and

prepare to fire at Evil-Lyn. You have recognized that she is a powerful

mage and your biggest threat.

Evil-Lyn: You prepare to fire "Chain Lightning" at Hordak.

Shadow Weaver uses a combination of Horde magic and science to make the two

magical effects cancel in mid air. She leans over to Hordak and whispers:

"Hordak, you wanted me to bring them here. If you can ally your forces

with yours, you may be able to succeed against Horde Prime's ultimatum."

Shadow Weaver yells: "Stop, fools. I will incinerate all of you if need

be. Can you not see that we are all powerful warriors. You Eternians have

been brought here for a reason. If you continue to battle, we may all be

killed. Look at the power here. Stop for a moment to listen to Hordak.

As you see, your precious 'Lord of Destruction' did not even come here.

Listen to what these Horde members have to say for a second. I propose a

truce. If necessary, I will use my full magic to finish you for the

defense of Hordak."

Shadow Weaver uses the high level "Flamestrike" in the center of the room

as an example from the ceiling comes a wide column of fire. It hits the

floor and melts a hole to Hordak's water pit.

Moments later, the Havok Staff lodged in the portal wiggles. The portal

has been reopened, and Skeletor comes through just in time to witness the

"Flamestrike". Skeletor exclaims to his warriors: Stop you fools, I do not

want your conflict to endanger me. Now tell me what is the meaning of

this, you knave Hordak! You stole my men, and I can make you pay if

necessary. Why were the Eternian heroes preparing to attack us?!

You can continue to do and say what ever you want. You are still in the

Fright Zone, but you paused fighting for at least a minute as Shadow Weaver

spoke. It is all up to you again. All of the evil PC in the game are here

now. Here are the results of the first round of battle:

Shadow Weaver: no damage

Hordak: no damage

Evil-Lyn has lost 2 points and is down to 36 points.

Tri-Klops: you have a gash in your right shoulder and lost 16 hit points

bringing you down to 112

Grizzlor. You have a slice across your stomach and intestine losing 35 hit

points to 157. You have lost one strength point.

Fakor: You have a cylindrical hole all the way through your abdomen. You

will lose one attack per round until your are fixed/healed. You lost 51

hit points to 114 points.

Battle Master: You escaped attack.

Skeletor: You just arrived and have not lost any hit points.

DM

_________________________

Grizzlor ceases fighting, but is ready to defend against whoever decides to

attack him, biting for both attacks/round. He also asks that Shadow Weaver

heal him.

Grizzlor

_______________________

" Speak up Hordak, for you actions confuse me. If you wanted us here to help

you, why did you call the attack? All I know that in a gesture of good faith

you should repair all of the damage we sustained in this battle if not, We'll

assume trechery and will continue Our attack."

Evil-lyn

_______________________

"I have met and adventured with the eternians before and trust them. I belive

we shold bring them up to speed to what hasbeen happening."

I explain our predicament to the eternians, and ask if they have any thoughts

to guide us?

Castaspella

_________________

I agree with this -- there are how many of us? Surely we can at least

outnumber whoever this is that wants to meet with us. I have a feeling that

these disapperances on Eternia are realted to the Horde wanting to come and

speak with us. Are we on a neutral site I am to assume?

Castaspella

______________

I turn to Casta and say:

"Well, Skeletor was attackin' hoof and all and, the next thing we

know, this vortex has opened up and took Skeletor's minions--he dipped his

staff into the vortex and it came out covered with goo--then he cursed

Hordak for taking his men and leapt into the vortex before we could stop

him. As for the meeting--if you go, be very, very careful! You never

know what Hordak will haveup his sleeve."

Teela

____________________

After speaking with my sister and telling her all that has happend

here, I ask her if she might wish to join us upon our quest siting

that whatever it was that grabbed skeletor and the others, might very

well attempt to get the horde in on its plans as well.

I will explain what has happend here on Eternia to any of Etherian

heroes who will listen and wish to help.

Upon doing so I turn to the sorceress and ask her what it is that we

must do.

He-Man

________________

I have a plan, I (It was said in the beginning that i could have

mental contact w mages) think that us Etherians should go to the

appointed place, and the appionted time. if it does turn out to be a

trap, i can mentally contact the Soroceress of Greyskull on Eternia,

and with He-Man and the other Eternian's standing by, she can cast a

protal, and they can come to are aid.

-GliMMer

_______________

Sounds like a plan to me!

Teela

_________________

I tell the eternians "Apparently one of the horde's genereals want to meet with

us on the specified date and time, a nd we are puzzled as to what to do. We

are seeking advice on our redicament, but what is this that you say has

happened on eternia? skeletor has been take? Please tell us more!"

Castaspella

___________________

Your plan is interesting, but let's see what The Sorceress has to say about

it.

Sorceress: I would like to help you, but it seems you want the Eternian

heroes to be ready to come via portal at a few moments notice. It normally

takes time to create stable portals, and I could not guarantee they could

be there in time, that is assuming they chose to go. If they were to be

available, they would need to be on Etheria with you. You do, however,

have what I believe to be a good theory about the recent chain of events,

Castaspella. I have also spoken with Duncan and Hoof. Teela, you make it

sound like the evil warriors did not pass through the portal willingly. I

suggest that someone did abduct them for their own purposes, and you,

Castaspella suggest the Etherian Horde. I doubt that they met at that site

to be abducted. Duncan believes that Hoof arrived shortly before that

time, but I do not think the so many evil warriors would gather to kidnap

Hoof or take his equipment. Talking further, I was told of an experimental

portal system that can be reopened by a remote control carried beneath

Hoof's armor. If you would allow me, Hoof, I would like to examine your

device. I understand that you must have it at the original site to return

home, and it was at that site that space-time was a bit unstable. That

would be enough to alert anybody to power. I would guess that Skeletor and

his minions wanted to explore the possibility of an alien technology, but I

do not see what that idea would have to do with the Horde.

I can not tell you much about the Horde Viceroy. I understand that he

rules a large set of worlds, but I have no way of knowing his true

intentions toward you or whether he has the power he says he does. It is

not like the Horde to meet on neutral territory, but my experience with

them has been restricted to invasions on Eternia 20+ years ago and

knowledge learned by talking with you Etherians.

If you choose to seek a confrontation, I give you the chance to help me

test a new spell. Theoretically, if She-Ra's sword were lain on the

ground, I should be able to heal the damage of those in a 10 yard radius up

to a total of 20% of the total hit points of that person. I only have

components for one try, so if you were to test it, you would need to do so

on a consensus.

I know well the "goo" on Skeletor's staff. It is residual portal material.

Since part of the staff was sticking through the portal, the portal

attempted to assimilate the staff. As the event horizon crept along the

staff, Skeletor was able to tell that the other side was in Etheria. We

are only able to do this with worlds and dimensions with which we are

familiar. He is quite familiar with Etheria, so he probably had little

trouble deciding it was Etheria.

I can not give you advice as to what you should do. I have given you

information which I hope will help you make your decisions. The space-time

on the original portal site has stabilized, but I can not say whether my

theory concerning it was right or not. Know that Grayskull is behind you.

Sorceress of Grayskull

DM

________________

SHADOW WEAVER!!!

Cast a spell on these <snort> FOOLS!!! Make them loyal to the Horde!!!

-Hordak

_______________

Hordak, I can not cast spells of control on them all. Their wills are too

strong. Surely if I got some of the weaker ones, the rest would take it a

sign of hostility. You will have to use your people skills to get them to

serve you.

Shadow Weaver

________________

I'm not sure whats going on but you can see my device if you like. I also

don't think the Horde did this. Its not like them. The Horde have invaded my

planet and we kicked them out. They're used to large scale, brute military

tactics. These sneaky kidnappings seem to originate from a darker source.

Hoof

_______________

I believe hoof is right, when the horde came to Eternia did they not

use large scale armies to attack? And on my sister's planet did they

not use large scale forces to invade it? I don't know if hoof is 100%

correct, but I do think there is more to this then simply the horde.

I think maybe someone might be working WITH the horde on this, but I

don't think they are doing this by themselves, its just not there

style.

Sorceress, you say that the sight where the portal is has

stabilized? Then if it does lead to Etheria, can we get our Etherian

allies to meet us on the other side? I can can keep in contact with

you telepathically for help and advice should I so need it.

I would like to suggest that we go to where the portal is and

investigate what is on the other side. All who wish to go with me,

say so now, but first I want to stop by the palace and tell our

fellow heroes what we intend to do, so if we do not return, the fate

of Eternia rests on their shoulders. Also, it would be a good idea

since we can pick up additional supplies from Man At Arms workshop

and several other weapons that may come in handy.

So, I ask you again my friends, who wishes to join me?

He-Man

________________

The site where the portal was stabilized. Both portals are closed now.

Hoof's portal came, dropped off Hoof, and destabilized the space-time

continuum. The second portal, through which Skeletor and minions passed

came, got some people, and did who knows to the unstable area. Both

portals are gone, and the continuum quickly reasserted itself. The only

way to Etheria is from Grayskull.

A quick interpretation of what The Sorceress said.

DM

________________

I'll go, too--to the portal site that is. I'm interested in

seeing where it goes. And He-Man does have a point--if we warn the other

warriors of Eternia that there's a chance that we may not come back, they

can get in a position to help us or, greyskull forbid, if we can't come

back, then they can prevent the same fate from happening to the rest of

Eternia. And we should have additional supplies and weapons, on that I

also agree. The Horde probably isn't behind it, but who knows who is.

And who knows if the Horde has also been captured by them--it seems to me

that if Skeletor and the others weren't truly captured, and neither was

HOrdak, then they may all be working together. This doesn't bode well, my

friends. NOt at all.

So, let's get to the bottom of this!

Teela

_______________

Good point, Sorceress, He-Man...to the palace, anyone?

Teela

_______________

I will go with you, He-Man. Perhaps the fate of both Eternia and Etheria

rests in the balance.

Roboto

_____________

I belive tht this is a thougt. We shoud meet this person as a large group

because I think that he knows mere than he is telling us. P{erhaps this

vcieroy is a link in the chain between our two worlds, and knows something of

the disappearances of the henchman.

Castaspella

____________

On that note,(As in the Eternian heroes going to get supplies) I think we

aught to do the same. How long now till we have to go out into the jaws of

the unknown? We had better be completely sure of our plan, and I think we

should really get going.

-mermista

____________

I think that we should all go in a large group, but i dont think that

EVERYONE should go. The though did cross my mind that this could be a

trick, prehaps Skeletor, or Hordak could be trying to lure us all away

from Castle Greyskull, and then when we are all on Etheria, they

attack it, and get all of its magic, I dont know if the Soroceress can

handel all of this by herself.

I think that Everyone but He-Man should come to Etheria, because if we

have She-Ra and everyone else, we should be ok. If they are planning

to take the Castle Greyskull, then i think He-Man and the Soroceress

will be ok defending it till we get there. what does everyonw think

abou tthis?

GliMMer

_____________

That sounds like a good plan--I agree that someone should stay

with the Sorceress--just in case. He-Man would be a good choice, but

that's up to him. I would be willing to stay. I'd like to know what's

goig on, but Castle Grayskull is important! What does everyone else

think?

Teela

_____________

Alright, after getting the interuption from the sorceress, I think it

would be wise to go to the palace, get what we may need from Man At

Arms shop and then return here to decide who all should go to Etheria

and stay here in case a trap is waiting for us. I don't think just

one person should go as if a trap is waiting, by the time we get

there to help, it may be too late. (I turn to the sorceress) Is

there anything you can give us that may help us upon our journey?

He-Man

_______________

I agree. I'll also go to the palace with you.

Stratos

___________

Duncan: I have finished checking out the sky sleds. Their proximity to

the space destabilization affected the power supply that we can not risk

taking them through a portal, even a stable one. I must stay here,

regardless of where you go to stabilize the power supplies.

Sorceress: Lately, I have been spending nearly all of my time working on

two projects, the 20% health restoration spell and one other. I have not

been able to spend time creating other magical items that you are likely to

find useful on your paths. I will be able to open the portal to send you

to Etheria if that is what you want. Roboto, I mentioned another project.

I have developed an emotion switch chip for you. It is designed to allow

you to turn off or on your emotions in such cases as you might be under the

influence of a spell to feel fear or go mad. It would help protect you

against other types of mind control as well. There is a one time 3% chance

that the chip will fail on startup, causing it to be welded into you and

giving you a -2 to your save on fear and mind control spells permanently.

If you want to try it, you may do so. It is easy to install. I would

simply slide it into one of your 48 remaining free modular chip slots. If

you decline, I will keep it locked away here in Grayskull and not bother

you with it again. The choice is yours alone.

If you ride to the palace to get items, I will be waiting for your return.

You are right, I can not myself guard Grayskull against all the evil

warriors that may be involved if you do think they would come here. If you

like, you might wish to consider asking some of the various heroes that

should still be at the palace celebrating the interment of the Demon Gem.

It has been months since I have seen Fisto or Rio-Blast or Extendar....

DMs not, about 3 hours have gone by since each of your beginnings. If you

were to take the Viceroy literally, that would leave you with 45 hours.

DM

_______________

I go with He-Man.

Hoof

___________

I agree with Teela, I shall remain here while you all go to the

palace of Eternos and get supplies. If skeletor and hordak, or

whatever it is that we are up against should attack, now or when you

leave to etheria would be a perfect opertunity.

(I turn to the sorceress) Man At

Arms said that the sky sleds would not be able to make it through the

portal. Does that simply mean just the sky sleds what about the

attack track, or wind raiders?

When you get supplies, ask that ram man, Extendar and Rio Blast

return with you to Castle Grayskull. They will be here to defend the

castle in case something should happen to you and you need my help

and I must go to you.

Teela, when you go through the portal upon your return, try to keep

in telepathic contact with either myself or the sorceress at all

times that way if danger does strike, I can be there at a moments

notice.

Now may the ancients speed you on the way to the palace and may your

return safely to us my friends. The sorceress and I will be waiting.

He-Man

______________

He-Man, I certainly will ask the others to return with us.

Everyone ready to go the palace? Let's go!

Teela

_______________

If you can contact the sorceress through your sword that would be a great asset

to us. I think we should go talk to this viceroy and see what is going on,

since all is not right in the world.

Castaspella

_______________

I could always contact the Sorceress through my sword, couldn't I?

She-Ra

______________

Wow, that would help...but what if She-Ra is unable to call for

help? I think we hsould have a back-up plan, just in case.

Teela

_____________

Ok so then its settled, A Few peple will stay behind witht The

Soroceress, while everyone else comes with me. Does anyone remember

when we are suppost to meet it?

- -- -=GliMMeR=- -- -

_____________

I did not receive responses from everyone, so I will try to fill in gaps

when necessary.

The Sorceress thanks Hoof for the opportunity to view his portal device.

Hoof: You speculated that something besides the Etherian Horde may be

going on.

He-Man: You volunteer to go to the palace to tell the warriors assembled

there that you intend to go to Etheria. You are capable of keeping in

telepathic contact with The Sorceress, but no one else, save for the use of

certain spells.

Teela: You decided to go to Etheria as well. You are right, you are not

telepathic and can not even use a spell to be so, since you are not a

mage/paladin.

Roboto: You have volunteered to go to Etheria. You have not commented on

The Sorceress' offer to give you a new chip that would give you a 97%

chance of being able to turn your emotions on and off at will.

Castaspella: You suggest that you try to meet the Viceroy as one large

group. Your suggestion was met with some approval.

Mermista: You are the first to suggest that the Etherians prepare for the

upcoming events in a concrete fashion.

Glimmer and Teela: You agree that some people should stay on Eternia to

defend Grayskull.

Stratos: You volunteer to go to the palace, presumably then to Etheria.

Everyone seems to be in favor of getting supplies, but no one ever told me

what they wanted to get.

The Sorceress: She describes a +20% healing spell and a special chip for

Roboto.

Hoof: to go with He-Man to the palace.

He-Man decides to stay at Grayskull until the others return from the palace.

By this time, several of you became concerned over communication

possibilities.

He-Man, you may contact The Sorceress via telepathy on either world.

She-Ra, yes, you may contact The Sorceress using your sword. Your sword

will also act as a conduit for The Sorceress' healing spell if you choose.

Glimmer and Angella, you may contact each other via telepathy from time to

time. Mages and Paladins may be eligible to contact others on the same

planet via spells.

Teela: You expressed you desire for there to be a back up plan in case

She-Ra can not contact The Sorceress. Only He-Man is known to be able to

do so.
 

Here is what happens. The Etherians will be able to get provisions from

their camp at The Whispering Woods, so they have chosen to wait for the

Eternian heroes. All the Eternians except He-Man go to the palace to get

provisions. Teela, you are able to convince Randor and Marlena to spare

several of the royal guard for the defense of Grayskull. On the mention of

the notion, Rio-Blast, Extendar, Fisto, Ram Man volunteer as well. You

gather your standard weapons for your journey, and Teela, you bring your

father his 30d6 laser cannon. For the purposes of this game do not worry

too much about food. Since you wanted provisions, The palace chef has

prepared a feast of enough food to feed all of you and the Etherians before

you start your journey, plus a little. The who affair takes about 3 hours.

This gives you enough time to talk to people and do other things.

He-Man, you have ample time to talk with any Etherians and The Sorcerss

during that time period.

If none of you say or do anything of consequence in this time, The

Eternians will depart for Etheria except for He-Man who must still decide

whether or not to go in light of the arrival of the new warriors.

DM

_______________

What I need to know.

Roboto, do you accept the chip The Sorceress offered you?

He-Man, will you go to Etheria.

Did any of you do or say anything of consequence in the 3 hours the

Eternians were at the palace?

One thing I have noticed is that there has been quite a bit of talking in

the past several days. Speaking properly as your character is part of what

role-playing is about. It alows you to get in the game as well as write

the game. I encourage each of you to get into this. I would say the best

example is one of Mermista's early in the game where she used the exact

words she intended as well as described her physical actions ie pacing,

etc. I am also pleased at several of the other of you.

One thing, though, sometimes you must also act. If you only give advice or

talk about possible actions, then I must try to interpret your intentions.

In some case, you might not do what you thought you were to do.

DM

________________-

It takes more then a hole in the wall to convice me. I want to hear some

details, or some more fighting will continue.

Evil-lyn

______________

Skeltor is right. Lets team up and get rid of He-Man and She-Ra first and then we can sort out our differences later.

Grizzlor

_____________

Shadow Weaver: I have seen battles between Skeletor and Hordak before.

With them and all these warriors, a full confrontation could destroy this

place. I am out of here.

Vanishes to ???

Shadow Weaver

DM

________________

<snort>

ARGH!!! Do what I say---NOW!!! Evil Lyn, go to the Whispering Woods,

with Grizzlor !!! IS THAT good enough!!! (hand becomes a huge ball of

fie, flames spyril to the ceiling) <snort>

Skeletor, I will go with you, to Eternos, to attack thqat muscle man who

"has been causing you soooo much trouble!" Shadow Weaver, stayt here,

and take care of things!!! <snort>

---Hordak

_________________

The closest spell to that flame is "Fireball". You cast a fireball, which

reaches the ceiling. It melts through to the floor above you where you can

see a Horde robot starring down in fright. The fireball exploded on

impact, but by the time the fragments hit the ground they were too cool to

hurt anyone.

DM

______________

Off to the whispering woods we go. Lead on grizzlor you know this world more

than me. Do you think we need more people? I will ask hordak and skeletor if

we can take fakor with us.

Evil-lyn

________________

CHANGE OF PLANS!

Evil Lyn, go to Eternia with some Horde Troopers, and <snort>

Skeletor!!! I will stay here, and tkae care of <snort> things!!!

Battle Master, you go with all the remaining of MY men (and under his

breath) women to the Whispering Woods... <snort> ...Move it, you

nincompoops!!!

---Hordak

( and with that, I press the button on my throne, and it slowly raises

and turns around )

______________

Sounds great! Where is Beastman? Can someone tell me that! BEASTMAN!!!!!!

<Skeletor screams>

Skeletor

________________

Faker kneels before Lord Skeletor as soon as he arrives, and follows whatever orders his master gives. He keeps a very close eye on Shadow Weaver, Hordak, and Evil-Lyn, though.

Faker

__________________

If anyone wished to follow me on my way to greyskull, take one step forward.

Those who appose take on estep back. Let me remind you we all must wok

together, the more time we stand around fighting between each other, the more

time He-man and his men have to prepare for our arrival. If we all work

together we can take him out!! Whos with me?!

Skeletor

________________

Even though I serve the mighty Hordak, I will volunteer to go with you

Skeletor. I'm sure my brute strength will be a great asset against He-Man.

Grizzlor

________________

CHANGE OF PLANS!

Evil Lyn, go to Eternia with some Horde Troopers, and <snort>

Skeletor!!! I will stay here, and tkae care of <snort> things!!!

Battle Master, you go with all the remaining of MY men (and under his

breath) women to the Whispering Woods... <snort> ...Move it, you

nincompoops!!!

---Hordak

_______________

A holograph cube flies through a portal and lands in the center of the

floor. All of you recognize it as a message cube. Shadow Weaver has just

vanished. What do you do?

DM

______________

Let's recap the last few days.

Evil-Lyn and Grizzlor are both ready to fight, but you have turned your

attention towards attacking the rebels.

Hordak, you send Evil-Lyn and Grizzlor away to the Whispering woods.

Evil-Lyn, you will periodically be able to keep in telepathic contact with

Skeletor.

Skeletor, you will be able to do the same with Evil-Lyn.

Since Hordak did not deny your request, Evil-Lyn, you will stay with

Grizzlor in the Fright Zone while Fakor is repaired.

Skeletor, Beast Man is back on Eternia. You did not invite him to

investigate the portal with you. Surprisingly, you seem to agree to work

with Hordak against He-Man and She-Ra.

Fakor, after your repairs, two hours later, your prostrate yourself before

Skeletor and ask to stay with him.

Skeletor, you want to go to Grayskull. Only Shadow Weaver can create an

Eternia portal quickly, but Hordak could if he worked on it for about an hour.

In light of Skeletor and Horday seemingly working together, Grizzlor, you

volunteered to go with them.

Evil-Lyn, since you volunteered to go with Grizzlor, that puts you in with

the group.

Tri-Klops, unless you tell me otherwise, I will assume you are going with

the rest of the group.

Hordak, you ordered more men, so some Horde robots are deciding in another

room which of them will go on your mission.

DM

____________________

The holographic cube opens up and begins its message.

:I am the Horde Viceroy for this sector of planets. Hordak, you are

failing to provide the Horde with your quota of resources and magical

resources. You and some of your minions will meet with me in two days. We

will get to the bottom of your string of failures. When the time comes,

you will know where to go. You have no choice. Members of your so-called

"Great Rebellion" will be present as well. They also have no choice. You

may bring warriors of your choice. You can not possibly challenge me.:

What will you do?

DM

______________________________________

If anyone wished to follow me on my way to greyskull, take one step forward.

Those who appose take on estep back. Let me remind you we all must wok

together, the more time we stand around fighting between each other, the more

time He-man and his men have to prepare for our arrival. If we all work

together we can take him out!! Whos with me?!

Skeletor

_____________________

Even though I serve the mighty Hordak, I will volunteer to go with you

Skeletor. I'm sure my brute strength will be a great asset against He-Man.

Grizzlor

____________________

CHANGE OF PLANS!

Evil Lyn, go to Eternia with some Horde Troopers, and <snort>

Skeletor!!! I will stay here, and tkae care of <snort> things!!!

Battle Master, you go with all the remaining of MY men (and under his

breath) women to the Whispering Woods... <snort> ...Move it, you

nincompoops!!!

---Hordak

____________________

A holograph cube flies through a portal and lands in the center of the

floor. All of you recognize it as a message cube. Shadow Weaver has just

vanished. What do you do?

DM

___________________

Let's recap the last few days.

Evil-Lyn and Grizzlor are both ready to fight, but you have turned your

attention towards attacking the rebels.

Hordak, you send Evil-Lyn and Grizzlor away to the Whispering woods.

Evil-Lyn, you will periodically be able to keep in telepathic contact with

Skeletor.

Skeletor, you will be able to do the same with Evil-Lyn.

Since Hordak did not deny your request, Evil-Lyn, you will stay with

Grizzlor in the Fright Zone while Fakor is repaired.

Skeletor, Beast Man is back on Eternia. You did not invite him to

investigate the portal with you. Surprisingly, you seem to agree to work

with Hordak against He-Man and She-Ra.

Fakor, after your repairs, two hours later, your prostrate yourself before

Skeletor and ask to stay with him.

Skeletor, you want to go to Grayskull. Only Shadow Weaver can create an

Eternia portal quickly, but Hordak could if he worked on it for about an hour.

In light of Skeletor and Horday seemingly working together, Grizzlor, you

volunteered to go with them.

Evil-Lyn, since you volunteered to go with Grizzlor, that puts you in with

the group.

Tri-Klops, unless you tell me otherwise, I will assume you are going with

the rest of the group.

Hordak, you ordered more men, so some Horde robots are deciding in another

room which of them will go on your mission.

DM

________________________

The holographic cube opens up and begins its message.

:I am the Horde Viceroy for this sector of planets. Hordak, you are

failing to provide the Horde with your quota of resources and magical

resources. You and some of your minions will meet with me in two days. We

will get to the bottom of your string of failures. When the time comes,

you will know where to go. You have no choice. Members of your so-called

"Great Rebellion" will be present as well. They also have no choice. You

may bring warriors of your choice. You can not possibly challenge me.:

What will you do?

___________________

He-Man may be able to contact the sorceress--what if She-Ra cannot

and He-man is on Etheria. I am extremely concerned. What about a

communications device--could that be rigged for us--one to stay at

Grayskull with He-Man or the Sorceress and one for us as well?

I think we're all set for our journey. Let's go to Etheria! And

pray that whatever gods there are protect us on the way.

Teela

_______________________

IC: I accept the Sorceress' idea of installing the chip to turn off my

emotions.

OOC:If I need it, I have thought of a chiche example of how it might go:

Me:Perhaps this would be a good time to turn off my emotions chip.

another PC:Roboto, it's times like these that I envy you.

Again, it's definately not original.

Roboto

_______________________

"OK everyone, the Eternians will be here shortly, they can stay at our

rebel camp in wispering woods, or prehaphs they might want to stay in

Mystacore, it doesnt matter that much. Does anyone know how much time

we have untill we are to meet, whatever we are meeting? i think the

time in getting near. We must all prepare.

_GliMMer_

______________________

"There is one thing I forgot--Ram-Man and the others came to help

defend Grayskull, along with the guard " *taps her head* "who's not

coming to Etheria, but will stay to help protect grayskull."

Teela

______________________

"As soon as the new chip is in me, I'm ready to go to Etheria."

Roboto

____________________

A viceroy from Horde World!!! Evil Lyn---you will come with me along

with Grizzlor, and Beastman---do not fail me. All plans are ceased until

then. HOWEVER <snort> Skeletor will lead a troop of my robots along with

TriClops to attack Eternos---DO NOT FAIL me. (in a fit of power,

Hordak's hand becomes a huge torch, and creates a hole in the ceiling)

--Hordak

______________________

Faker, Me and Hordak decide your coming with us. Hordak, call up Shadow weaver

and have her send us to Horde world.....Wait what's the hurry we have 2 days.

We still have enough time to do something evil to the rebels before we go.

Evil-lyn

_______________________

The Viceroy said when the time comes we will know where to go, so we will not need a portal to go anywhere. I suggest that we gather whatever supplies and resources we need before we go.

Grizzlor

____________________

Man-At-Arms gives you, Teela one of his homing devices. He instructs you

to activate it if you are in trouble. He could only receive the signal if

there is a portal open.

The thing is, in 3-space, the signal would have to travel through

inter-galactic space to get from Eternia to Etheria and vice-versa. Since

we live in at least 4 space, a portal brings continuity to two discreet

sections allowing communication to occur between them.

DM

____________________

It is now evening about dinner time on the day the Viceroy told you he

would meet with you in two days.

The royal palace of Eternia prepared enough food to be a feast for you all

plus some.

DM

___________________

*Mermista's eyes are somewhat glazed over with boredom and sleep* Um.. are

we leaving now? I mean, are we going to go and meet the Eternians, or where

are we now? I'm sorry I've gotten lost in all the plan making. I guess I'm

just a "let's do this now and get it over with person"...

-mermista

____________________

*turns to the Sorceress* "Not to sound impatient or anything, but

it seems we're all ready to go! Is the portal ready?" *Turns to He-Man*

"He-Man, have you decided? Will you go with us?" *Puts the

communications device away where it won't be hurt during battle* "Thank

you, Father. I wish there were more possibilities, but it is good to

have, for extra security." *Picks up her things and one of the many packs

of food for the feast*

Teela

__________________

I have decided that in light of the new heroes turning up, along with

raman, extendar fisto and etc. I can best help the cause by going with

you to Etheria. *Turning to the sorceress* I will attempt to stay in

contact with you for the entire trip and let you know via telepathy if we

should need your assistance. If anything happens here at Grayskull, I ask

that you at least attempt to send a teleportaion spell to summon me here

should you need to.

*I go to the portal.* I'm ready to begin our journey.

He-Man

__________________

*puts a hand on He-Man's shoulder* "I know that was hard for you

to make that decision." *turns to others* "Let's go! I'm sure that, by

now, the Etherians are beginning to wonder if we'll ever show up" *smiles

somewhat sadly* "Sorceress, take care!"

*moves to the portal and stands readyto pass through it*

Teela

____________________

Well How close are we to seeing the Viceroy? SHould we come up with a plan --e

are we going to be nice, belligerent, etc? Also should we have a discussion of

tactics -- shouls we have bckup hiding around or should we all meet him face to

face?

Castaspella

__________________

-Calls for everyone to assemble in the Etherian Rebellion to assemble-

Alrighty everyone, the Eternians will be here shortly, i have word,

the He-Man will be comming to help us too. So if it is a Trap, we will

be prepared. But if we are being lured away from Grayskull, then the

Soroceress will be able to hold it, till we get there, withen

Grayskull's walls, Skeletor nor Hordak is a match for her.

-She turns and looks over where the portal is scheudled to materilized-

_GliMMer_

_______________________

Skeletor, and Fakor: You seem to believe that He-Man and friends are

already in Etheria, judging by the message from the cube. You are ready to

go to Eternia immediately.

Evil-Lynn, you see this as the best chance you have had in months to

achieve or share in absolute power.

Hordak: You have ordered them to Eternia. It is all Skeletor can do to

keep himself from blasting you for your impudence. Fortunately, he is too

busy to care.

Skeletor, you begin work on a portal, and half and hour later, you are

successful. You three walk through it, but you end up on the other side of

the room. Evil-Lyn, you make a suggestion, but Skeletor is quick to take

it as his own. You reconstruct the portal, but the same thing happens

again. It is as if space were sealed of in the Fright Zone.

This is unsettling to all of you evil warriors. Some of the more level

headed of you decide to use Horde equipment to heal injuries sustained in

the skirmish immediately.

That done, several of you try to leave the building through the front

entrance, but though you can see out, you cannot pass through.

Evil-Lyn, a highly intelligent mage, you come to the conclusion that the

Viceroy wants you to be here. The others are not so quick to see it this way.

All of you gather your standard weapons in preparation for your meeting.

Hordak, you do not show it, but you are very nervous at the meeting. You

know you can do nothing against the viceroy.

36 hours later, it is time for the meeting...

My next post will pick up from here. Let me know if there is anything you

want to have done in those 36 hours. You are all back to full hit points.

DM

________________________

This group has expressed its mostly unified view that it believes Grayskull

is relatively safe.

The Eternians pass through a portal created by The Sorceress.

When you arrive at Brightmoon, you decide it would be a good idea to let

the rest of the rebels know what is happening.

Angella, since it is your castle, you are the first to make it to your

front entrance. You open the door and prepare to walk through. It is as

though you have walked into a brick wall.

Your progression tries the other exits they are invisibly blocked as well.

Perhaps a portal will get you outside. Castaspella, you create a portal

that should land you in the Whispering Woods. You walk through it, and you

land on the other side of the room! Glimmer, your portal skills are not as

great, but you give it a go. You walk through yours, and you also end up

in a different area of Castle Brightmoon.

Roboto, your logical processors tell you that it may be the viceroy that is

keeping you here, so you ready your weapons, eat, sleep, and prepare for

the next 36 hours. Then you realize that it is time...

Tell me if there is anything you would like to do within that 36 hours.

My next post will pick up with the meeting.

DM

___________________

*Crackle**Snap* A blinding flash fills your eyes. As you try to open them

again spots fill your eyes, the same spots that occur when you look at the

sun for a few seconds. Gradually, your vision returns to you. Even before

then, Hordak ceases to feel the presence of the triple Etherian moons.

As your vision returns, you realize you are not in Castle Brightmoon

anymore, and you, Hordak snap "We are not on Etheria anymore!"

Fakor, you are the first to begin thinking rationally. You see that you

are in a spherical room roughly 40' high. The floor is flat, but the walls

and ceiling form a sphere. The room is brightly lit, and you see the walls

are made of green inter-connecting hexagons. There are two doors, one

behind you, and one across a the diameter of the room.

Tri-Klops, with your optical acuity, you sense radiation coming from the

other door. The air becomes distorted as though space itself were

rippling. Then, at once, a veil falls, and you see He-Man, She-Ra, Teela,

Mermista, Castaspella, Glimmer, Stratos, Queen Angella, Roboto, and Hoof.

They seem to be examining the room as well, and then Roboto's eyes meet

yours. It seems your party was also hidden by the invisible veil.

A soft multicolored glow fills the room between the good and evil characters.

I AM THE HORDE VICEROY FOR THIS SECTOR OF PLANETS.

The glow subsides, and all that is left is a dark spherical void with

piercing red eyes. The Viceroy looks towards Hordak. You are failing to

meet your world's quota of natural and magical resources to send to Horde

Prime. How do you answer for this?

DON'T SPEAK.

*looks towards She-Ra*

I have detected a new magic on this world that could be responsible. This

occasionally happens when the peasantry evolves new technical or magical

abilities.

*eyes fade to black*

Etherians, who are these that were present with you when the appointed time

arrived for you to come to me? I know they are not of Etheria.

You all understand that under my rule, all that I require is that The Horde

be supplied with its quotas and that all citizens of worlds of the Horde

pay homage to its superiors, namely, his supremeness Horde Prime and his

servant *two sets of eyes form. Each stares at good or evil groups* and ME!

You will answer for your failures. If I do not like your answers, you will

experience...

I am not patient, so your answers had better be good. Before you begin,

tell me WHO ARE THESE OUTWORLDERS? DO YOU SEEK TO JOIN THE OMNIPOTENT HORDE?

I SAID BEGIN!

___________________________

I think in my last post that I said you were no longer in Bright Moon. I

meant Fright Zone.

DM

_____________________

*Crackle**Snap* A blinding flash fills your eyes. As you try to open them

again spots fill your eyes, the same spots that occur when you look at the

sun for a few seconds. Gradually, your vision returns to you. Even before

then, Angella and Glimmer cease to feel the power of the triple Etherian

moons.

As your vision returns, you realize you are not in Castle Brightmoon

anymore, but you see Angella and Glimmer panicking. Glimmer shrieks, we

are not on Etheria anymore!

Stratos, you are the first to begin thinking rationally. You see that you

are in a spherical room roughly 40' high. The floor is flat, but the walls

and ceiling form a sphere. The room is brightly lit, and you see the walls

are made of green inter-connecting hexagons. There are two doors, one

behind you, and one across a the diameter of the room.

Roboto, you sense radiation coming from the other door. The air becomes

distorted as though space itself were rippling. Then, at once, a veil

falls, and you see Skeletor, Hordak, Evil-Lyn, Grizzlor, Tri-Klops, and

Fakor. They seem to be examining the room as well, and then Tri-Klop's

eyes meet yours. It seems your party was also hidden by the invisible veil.

A soft multicolored glow fills the room between the good and evil characters.

I AM THE HORDE VICEROY FOR THIS SECTOR OF PLANETS.

The glow subsides, and all that is left is a dark spherical void with

piercing red eyes. The Viceroy looks towards Hordak. You are failing to

meet your world's quota of natural and magical resources to send to Horde

Prime. How do you answer for this?

DON'T SPEAK.

*looks towards She-Ra*

I have detected a new magic on this world that could be responsible. This

occasionally happens when the peasantry evolves new technical or magical

abilities.

*eyes fade to black*

Etherians, who are these that were present with you when the appointed time

arrived for you to come to me? I know they are not of Etheria.

You all understand that under my rule, all that I require is that The Horde

be supplied with its quotas and that all citizens of worlds of the Horde

pay homage to its superiors, namely, his supremeness Horde Prime and his

servant *two sets of eyes form. Each stares at good or evil groups* and ME!

You will answer for your failures. If I do not like your answers, you will

experience...

I am not patient, so your answers had better be good. Before you begin,

tell me WHO ARE THESE OUTWORLDERS? DO YOU SEEK TO JOIN THE OMNIPOTENT HORDE?

I SAID BEGIN!

_______________________

I remain silent, waiting to see what the Horde has to say for himself -- I know

that we are the cause of the troubles that the viceroy is worried about.

Castaspella

___________________

I'm not afraid of you! My people have delt with your kind before. I say let's

kick some hide, guys. Whose with me?

Hoof

_____________

Whoa! *lays a hand on Hoof's shoulder* Let's not do anything rash! I

say we answer his questions and see what happens from there.

Stratos

____________________

Ok guys what do we do? Should we follow through with this or should we

forget these guys? What do you think is gonna happen to us? WHat do you want

to do? We haven't got much time!!!!

Skeletor

_________________

Don't touch me, bird brain. I hate birds. Always sitting on my back, and me,

powerless to do anything about it! Snort!

Hoof

_____________

I am in agreement with Stratos. We should answer his questions.

However, it is highly probable that he will do something extremely

hostile towards us. If we do answer his questions, we should prepare for

combat of some sort. *switches to his laser hand*

Roboto

____________________

I glance around the room and look to see if there is a means of escape,

seeing only the two doors and the sphere shape of the room, I see that we

have nowhere to go at the moment, but tense my muscles to and ready

myself for defensive combat should I need to move.

I believe whatever we answer to the viceroy will be the wrong answer so

I speak. "We are from the planet Eternia." We were about to meet our

Etherian friends when we were teleported here." Now why have you brought

us here?" I prepare myself and to move quickly should I be answered with

a hostile gesture. I spread my arms out to the side and behind me to

motion to my allies to be prepared to spread out should he attack.

He-Man

__________________

I also state to the viceroy: "I believe I speak for my friends when I say

that we do not wish to join the horde and would like to know why you have

brought us here?"

He-Man

_____________________

I move off a little to He-Man's right and slightly behind him,

tensed, ready to go, quarterstaff in my hands, but waiting to see if he

tries to fire. If he fires, I'll jump off to the side and tuck and roll

and jump back to my feet.

"You speak for me, He-Man. The HORDE has NO PLACE HERE on

Etheria! Or on Eternia!"

Teela

_________________

[Holds Shimmer Staff in the air, and summon power onto it, and waits

to strike]

[Steps forward, and points staff toward horde]

State your business here!

_Glimmer_

_______________

I'd say fighting amongst ourselves will do no one good, Hoof. So can your

annoyances, for we must stand as one. Divided we've not a snowball's chance

in hell.

*readys herself and prepares for the worst.*

-mermista

________________

I totally agree, Mermista--it does no good to fight each other.

We need teamwork to really be effective against this monster! Now, let's

try this: everyone, get ready to surround him. Magic workers, can you

come up with a spell that's strong enough to maybe send him somehwere else

for the moment--away from Etheria for even just a short time?

If he attacks, scatter and confuse. More than one target will

be harder to defeat than if we all just go in as one! Try to get away, if

possible! We don't know what he's capable of and we need to find out! And

quick!

*goes into combative stance, still holding her quarterstaff, ready

to dodge anything that comes flying her way.*

Teela

___________________

Thats a good idea! We should all surround him, and keep attacking and

dodging, prehaps if we all attack all at once we will be able to wear

it down. Where is She-Ra? we despratly need her and He-Mans help!

_GliMMer_

____________________

That is indeed strange that She-Ra is not here, but other members of the

Great Rebellion are here. Perhaps any person with missile weapons should

get them prepared. I am wondering what Hordak, Skeletor, and both of

their minions will do after the Viceroy is defeated.

Roboto

_______________

She-Ra is here.

DM

_____________________

"You who calls himself He-Man, you say you do not want to be part of the

Horde. According to my records, you are part of the Horde, so I suggest

you start acting like a proper Hordesman."

*looks towards evil characters*

I have not heard much from you.

You, Skeletor, fit the profile of a traitor to the Horde. STEP FORTH! I

blame you for the other Eternians not acting as proper members of our empire.

All you Etherians, you have one last chance to explain. Why do you fail to

provide resources for the empire. She-Ra, I sense a special brand of

rebellion from you. Do you prevent others from serving the Horde? I have

a strange feel that you are a traitor, but I know you have never seen

yourself as a member of the Horde, but you know all persons on a Horde

planet are members of the Horde. Eternia and Etheria are both Horde planets.

I already said once that an attack would be futile. Do I look like any

being you have seen before?

I already said that you will soon be given experiences.

If you do not stop taking offensive postures, those experiences will be

augmented to pure torture.

Rhino boy, birds on your back will be the least of your worries.

Viceroy

_________________________

Rhino boy! That's it, I've had it. I'm gonna charge this bastard!

I attack the viceroy.

Hoof

____________________

"Eternia is not part of the Horde empire. The invasion that was

attempted on Eternia was repelled. In addition, the one named Skeletor

rebelled from his master Hordak, and thus is no longer a member of the

Horde. His followers likewise are not members of your Horde empire. As

futile as a fight may seem, we are all willing to give our lives to

release your bond on the planet Etheria."

Roboto

_______________

I step forward:

"Viceroy we are not of the horde, we are opposed to them -- your real enemy is

Skeletor, Hordak and the rest of their minions"

I am fully aware that I am probably going to piss him off nut we can't fire

untill fired upon, so I prepare to cast chain lightening as soon as he even so

much as tries to harm one of the eternians or etherians

Castaspella

____________________

*stays in her defensive crouch, ready to run or strike, whichever

is needed--sees hoof--* "Hoof, no!" *runs after and tries to tackle him*

Teela

________________

Quietly to heroes*

Considering that thing is right and he's not like any being we've ever seen,

just means that we're going to have to try to rely on each other. Not to

mention, we'll probably end up having to try and work with SKeletor and the

rest of the baddies. I'd say that thing's about to get pretty pissed off at

the whole lot of us, as soon as he makes short work of Hoof, that is.

-mermista

____________________

-Holds hand in air-

-Gathers energy in her hand-

-stands ready to strike-

_GliMMer_

_____________________

I'm not trying to fight him--he's going after Viceroy head-first!

I'm not mad at him, I'm just tryin' to keep him from getting himself

killed!

Sorry, Hoof, but I've gotta do it!

Teela

____________________

Considering that thing is right and he's not like any being we've ever seen,

just means that we're going to have to try to rely on each other. Not to

mention, we'll probably end up having to try and work with SKeletor and the

rest of the baddies. I'd say that thing's about to get pretty pissed off at

the whole lot of us, as soon as he makes short work of Hoof, that is. >>

If you don't follow me into battle, and I survive this thing, you'll be no

hero in my eyes, but a coward. Then I'll beat you up!! Now who will fight by

my side!?

Hoof

__________________________

I stay in my defensive position as I see that teela has gone after

hoof. I draw my sword to prepare to deflect any attack that the

viceroy might send my way. I respond to the viceroy. "Horde? Do I

look like a member of the horde to you?" I fight for everything the

horde is for: Corruption, greed, mercilessness, evil, might

overtaking logic and compassion. If this is what you mean by me being

a member of the horde, then I will fight until my last breath to keep

from becoming what you say I already am."

I whisper quietly to the others behind me to prepare for battle. I

look over at hordak and skeletor to see if I can guess what they plan

to do next. But only for a moment as I turn my gaze back to the

viceroy and anticipate what he plans to do. I call to Hoof "There is

a time and place for everything my friend and now is not the time to

react to petty name calling. If you lose your head, then you have

already lost the battle. If we must fight him, we will do so together

or die trying."

He-Man

__________________

Judging by the armor on your back, I'd say the viceroy is expecting a

missile attack. You back up to allow yourself some space, presumably to

fire your missile, but instead you build up speed and charge horn first

into the viceroy. Teela, you run after Hoof and jump. You pass a

dexterity check to land on Hoof's back. Seeing that does nothing to stop

his motion, you pass another dexterity check to jump off and land on your

feet, or perhaps you were thrown off, but you do land on your feet. On

impact, a flash occurs in the area. Roboto, you notice that it appears to

be a cylindrical field going from the floor to ceiling.

Hoof, you deflect off the field and hit the wall just to the left of the

heroic warriors.

"Well that was fun, wasn't it. If a well armored rhino-tank can do

nothing, what do you think about the rest of you? You Teela, you attempted

to stop chubby. Unfortunately for you, your words have told me that you

were only trying to protect your friends, and not me. I have decided on

your fate. I think in a few seconds, you will see that Eternia is part of

the Horde."

*flash of light*

Like last time, you are a bit dazed, but you come to. All of you realize

you are on Eternia at Grayskull. A singular terror fills you. You are

standing across the abyss looking towards Grayskull. An odor fills your

nose, the odor of blood. It is particularly strong as you look down. You

look into the abyss. There, you see your comrades. The Sorceress,

Man-At-Arms, the royal guards, and the others who were guarding Grayskull

are there. Their decapitated heads are all nailed with wooden spikes to

the walls of the abyss.

A voice fills your ears.

"You had your fun, now I am having fun. All I asked for is your absolute

loyalty. Now that you no longer have what is most dear to many of you, you

will be able to turn your attention to me and the Horde"

He-Man, you look towards the window through which the Sorceress often

greeted you. You see movement, and out pop Skeletor. He stands there,

looking down at you. I have beaten you. All I had to do was declare my

supreme alliance to the Horde. You must excuse me while I find the power

of Grayskull.

What do you do now?

_______________________

I look up and see skeletor and then look down to see the heads of my

beloved sorceress and my mentor and friends man at arms. Rage fills my

mind and my lust for vengance is nearly uncontrolable. I will attempt to

telepathically communicate with the sorceress to see if this is some sort

of trick or an illusion. "Maybe this is the world of Eternia as the

viceroy wants us to see it." I say to my commerades. If however this is

reality as it was meant to be and I hear nothing from the sorceress and

say "By the power of Grayskull, I command the JawBridge Open!" And upon

doing so, will charge into Grayskull with my sword filled with a thirst

to dine upon skeletor's blood.

He-Man

________________________

A Rush of Terror floods Glimmers mind. NO! not the Soroceress! The

Horde will soon have the power of Grayskull! when they do, not only

will Eternia and Etheria be slaves to them, but the whole universe! If

Skeletor gets the power of Grayskull, will He-Man and She-Ra loose

their powers? WE CANT LET HIM DO IT!

-Turns to He-Man-

Open the drawbridge now! we have to find Skeletor before he gets all

the power and magic of Grayskull! Maybe if we get the slane allies to

LightHope, he will be able to undo all of this~

-turns back around to see Skeletor at Grayskulls window laughing-

-Closes eyes, and concentrates-

FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL! WE WONT LET YOU DO THIS!

-Sends a enormous blast of light energy at Skeletor-..

_GliMMer_

_______________________

*Teela looks down, tears running down her cheeks, yet a deadly

anger filling her* "NOOOOOOOO!"

*Looks to he-man* "What can we do now? Without the Sorceress,

without Grayskull...and it's all my fault!"

Teela

____________________

I thynk we should seek the help of light hope, perhaps he would know what is

going on. I feel that this is not right somehow, and that aside from horde

politics, we have a greater mission -- perhaps skeletor was in league with the

viceroy to gain greyskull -- I feel we need to retreatand regroup before the

viceroy can contaminate our thinking.

Castaspella

____________________

I suspect this is an illusion used by the Horde. I request He-Man or another

spell caster to detect for magic in the area. If not, I request a spell caster

cast "dispel" magic around the enemy so I can launch a missile at him.

Hoof

____________________

I don't believe any of this! Don't believe it Teela, its a trick.

Hoof

____________________

I've gotta go with Hoof on this one. I don't think we should all jump

to conclusions on this. It could be a trick by the Horde to shake us up.

I suggest we try to talk to Light Hope, and see what he thinks.

Stratos

________________________

Do you want mr to create a porta to etheria so we can go? Are we agreed we

must seek help on this -- I see I already have stratos's vote on the matter,

what do the rest of you think?

Castaspella

_________________-

"But, what if it's not a trick--we have to consider that, too!"

*Calms down, tries to get a handle on herself.* "That's a good idea,

though...to see if it's an illusion with the spellcasters, or what. If it

is an illusion, we can't be too hasty and attack because we could be

attacking the sorceress...but, why do I have a feeling that it's not an

illusion?"

Teela

____________________

I think that we should consider Light Hope on this one, but the fact

the The Soroceress and others might be dead, right now, isnt are

biggest problem. Are biggest problem is that Skeletor is in Grayskull,

and it wont take him long to discover all of its magic.

I propose that we should split into 2 groups. on group goes to

Etheria, and consults lightHope, and me and anyone else that wants to

come, goes into Grayskull and stops Skeletor at all costs! I realize

that me and anyone else that wants to come too, might be walking right

into a trap, but i am willing to take that risk. The one and only

thing i am certin of is that we have stood around here long enough, we

MUST take action now! Prehaps the Sorocreess and others are alive and

are hidden somewhere in Grayskull, we can rescue them.

Now anyone that wants to come with me, stand forward now. i am ready

to move.

Ethier He-Man, or She-Ra please open the door to Grayskull.

I wish you that are going to LightHope, luck!

Good Journey-

_GliMMer_

_______________________-

Yes. Perhaps this is the best course of action. If we do decide to split

into two groups, I will go with you.

Stratos

_____________________

Quick note. Only She-Ra knows about Light Hope.

Castaspella can try to make a portal to Etheria, but she has never tried to

make one from Eternia to Etheria before, so there is a low chance of success.

_______________-

well then we must get into greyskull but we must tread softly hoof -- A full

frontal assault would not work -- we must perhaps find a "back way" into the

castle.

I cast dispel magic just to see if this truly is an illusion, although we must

not trust this as accurate as I am no match for the power of greyskull

Castaspella

__________________

It wouldn't hurt to use your magic and check to see if this is an illusion.

Spellcasters can also check for traps. We don't need to go into battle

blindfolded.

General Hoof.

___________________

I go to the jaw bridge. Hold my sword aloft and say " By the power of

Grayskull, I command the JawBridge..Open!" I turn to the others,

this may be just what the viceroy wants us to see. I will attempt to

tellepathically communicate with the sorceress, if there is no

response, then I suggest we take action.

I turn to stratos. Why don't you go to the top of the castle and

take someone with you and work your way downstairs while the rest of

us will work our way up. If the ancients are with us, you may suprise

them, But they already know we are here but they may not expect you

to come from behind and suprise would work best to our advantage

right now.

I turn to the group? "If skeletor is after the secerts of GraySkull,

he's going to go to the vault of knowledge. I say that is where we

head first. If he isn't there when we get there, or if we beat him to

it, I say that we decide what to do from there.

I enter the castle

He-Man

_________________

That sounds like a good plan to me, Glimmer. That way, if it is

a trap, someone can help us on their return from Etheria. I think that

he-man is the ideal choice for going with us into grayskull--he knows the

place very well. Also, She-Ra can contact Light Hope through her sword, I

assume, so she should be the one to go to Etheria. I want to go into

Grayskull. If there's any chance that father is alive, then I want to be

there to rescue him. If they aren't alive, then Skeletor will pay!

*takes up her staff and waits for the jawbridge to come down.*

Teela

_________________

I believe that definitely need help--but that we must also go

inside Castle Grayskull to find out if this is truly illusion or not. I

will go to Grayskull--I started this mess when I tried to stop Hoof from

attacking Viceroy and I won't step away from this fight. Skeletor may

have killed my father...and my friends. My guards were my responsibility.

I hve to see it through.

Teela

__________________

* turns to He-Man and the others that are entering Castle Greyskull *

I shall go to Etheria with the others. Good journey, He-Man.

Roboto

_________________

(Outside of Grayskull)

Then its settled, He-Man, Stratos, Teela, and myslef will go into the

Castle. The rest may go with She-Ra To Etheria

___________________

"Hey, maybe Skeletor is waiting for you to lead him to the secrets of

Greyskull, He-man.. After all, he probablly doesn't know where he's going.

Just a word of caution in the heat of battle, doncha know..."

-heads out with the others!

-Mermista

__________________

You mean you go to Etheria if you can successfully create a portal. You

have failed to do so, so unless someone succeeds, that plan is out.

DM

____________________

*The heroic warriors vanish in a flash of light*

The Viceroy is now only speaking to the Evil Warriors.

"I am your master, your all"

Watch what I do to those who defy me.

Where the Heroic warriors stood appears a large viewscreen.

On the screen, you see looks of horror on the heroic warriors faces. The

Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, several other warriors and members of the Royal

guard have been decapitated. Their heads are hanging over the bottomless

abyss.

Only Hoof thinks it is a trick. He has suggested that the mages try to

dispel illusion or magic.

Little do they know that it is an illusion. They are here on my ship, and

I have used a giant room with proto-matter processors to create a physical

reality that is technical, not magical.

"Enough of this silence. I should have expected as much from you."

Skeletor, you a traitor to the Horde, prepare to be punished". Hordak, you

are an ineffective ruler, so you too. Evil-Lyn, Faker, and Grizzlor, you

are too loyal to these poor excuses for Horde members so you will be

punished as well. Only you Tri-Klops have I personal use. You will not be

punished...yet.

I have been checking the records of the Horde. It seems that you would

like nothing more than to conquer Castle Grayskull for reasons that I do

not yet fully understand. Look more closely. There is an illusion of

Skeletor taunting the heroic warriors. Many are becoming angered and want

blood. I will put each of you, save for Tri-Klops inside Grayskull. You

will have precious little chance at gaining what you want. Just when you

think you have a chance, their resourcefulness will overcome you. I will

not cause this, you will have a real chance at success, but you will

suffer. By the way, this Grayskull has certain secrets you can not yet

know. Is it like what you believe to be the real Grayskull? Is it truly

an illusion. Not only are your goals in jeopardy, but your lives.

You disappear and reappear in the Hall of He-Man on the second floor.

Several of you have been in Grayskull before, so it is assumed that you

have some idea of the layout. For this reason, you will be expected to use

my maps of Grayskull as seen at

http://sorceress.resnet.tamu.edu/grays/in.htm

DM

____________________________

Is ANYBODY gonna check for traps OR illusions before we go rushing around?

Geesh, all you gotta do is tell the DM; "I will check for traps/illusions

now." It would be better than discussing for a week where you should or

shouldn't go. I'd do it if I were a mage but I'm not!

Hoof

__________________

I'm not going anywhere unless somebody checks for traps. Even He-Man has the

power to "detect evil" with his sword. Why don't you do it!

Hoof

________________________

Roboto, how are you feeling that your comrades have been slain?

Glimmer, you want to create a portal to Etheria. You have tried 3 times

and failed 3 times. It simply does not feel right, plus you are horrified

and/or saddened by the sights you have just seen.

Castaspella, you cast "Detect Magic" and "Dispel Illusion"

Your "Dispel Illusion" spell does not change anything.

You hear the booming voice of the Viceroy. Ahhh, so you do not like

looking at your fallen friends. I can take care of that. The next second,

the dead bodies vanish.

Your "Detect Magic" spell finds little magic in the area.

You exclaim, "I though Grayskull was supposed to be extraordinarily

magical. I have felt much stronger magic in many places before."

He-Man, you attempt to contact The Sorceress telepathically. You can not

get a good fix, but you think you see her image for a few seconds. I hope

you are not having a nervous break down

Inside Grayskull, Glimmer, Angella, or Castaspella could possibly use the

travel corridors to link back to Etheria. Glimmer, the fastest you have

ever created an inter-dimensional portal with the help of magical items has

been half an hour.

He-Man, you open the Jawbridge. That is comforting. It looks like it

still follows orders.

Some of you made plans based on going to Etheria. Since you can not do

that, I assume that you go inside Grayskull to find the travel corridors

unless you say that you stay outside.

I have noted who had specifically requested to enter.

Since most of your characters have some familiarity with the layout of

Grayskull, you will be expected to know the rooms as pictured at

http://sorceress.resnet.tamu.edu/grays/in.htm

Grayskull is structured as the rooms indicated. You have just walked

through the entrance, and you saw Skeletor on the second floor in the Hall

of He-Man.

For the purposes of this game, I have placed other things in the various

unknown areas, so do not assume they are void.

DM

_______________________

Since there has not been a detect traps or evil performed, Hoof has stated

his intent to stay outside. Others have the same option, and I will go

back and add those tests if they are performed, but I want to keep things

moving, so all but Hoof are assumed to be in Grayskull now.

__________________

In that case I enter, trying to fit through the doorway, and look around the

room. Though I wonder why Glimmer's spell detected only a little magic here in

Grayskull. This may be a very elaborate illusion.

Hoof

____________________

This is real? I hope no more horrors like this await in Greyskull. I do

not want to find King Randor or Queen Marlena skewered inside. Perhaps I

should turn off my emotion chip. * Turns off his emotion chip *

I will enter Castle Greyskull with the others.

Roboto

_____________________

I have entered, and am brandishing my staff in a carefull stance and have a

blinding flash of the obvious-not neccisarily the truth, but an idea anyway,

"I'm wondering if this is a full scale replica of Greyskull that the Viceroy

has put up just to amuse himself by watching us fight and kill each other.

He may not even be using magic, but a higher technology than we know. After

all, we have no idea what in the nine hells he is. I say we split up. a

group goes to the knowledge what ever, and a group goes to in the direction

of the room we last saw Skeletor. I'm going up to the room where Skeletor

was last seen, who's with me?"

- I start to break off to go on up. If no one joins me, I'll stay with the

main group- no sense in charging off alone!

-Mermista

____________________

You're right hoof, I'm getting ahead of myself. *I pull out my sword

to see if I can detect traps.*

__________________________

I turn to Mermista. "You may be right Mermista, he may just be

waiting for us to lead him to the vault, however we can't take the

chance that he dosen't know where it is either. Remember, I may know

Grayskull well, but skeletor has been in here on numerous occassions

too for however short a time that may be. I can't take the risk that

he dosen't know the way there too, and besides, with all of us

together, we may give him more of a fight then he's wanting.

I turn to the others Just because we've only seen skeletor dosen't

mean that Hordak and the others aren't here as well. I can't get a

fix on the sorceress but something tells me in my heart that this

isn't Grayskull, at least not the way I know it to be.

TO DM: I will now check for traps in the immediate area

He-Man

_________________________

Since the vault of Knowledge (Aka The guardian Room) is on the

second floor, we will have to go up the stairs. I pull my sword out

to detect evil so that if we will be warned in advance should

something approach our party and attack.

I turn to the group: "If

skeletor is there when we get there, do whatever you have to to keep

him from opening the doors, but be careful not to open them yourself.

One leads to the power of Grayskull, but the other leads to what that

person opening the door justly deserves."

To DM: I want to check for traps on the second floor in the area of

our party.

He-Man

_____________________

I'll go with Mermista--no harm in checking out the rest of the

place. He-Man, why don't you and the others go to the vault? If we can

get Skeletor trapped between us, maybe we can find out from bone-brain

what's going on.

*starts to head off with Mermista*

Teela

______________________

I will go with Mermista and Teela - they could do with some help from a mage.

DM - can I check for traps? If so, then I will do so.

Angella

_________________________

I do not wish to fight Hordak personally, because I feel I may be needed in a

healing capacity should any of you become injured, although of course I will

fight if it becomes neccessary. Is it just Hordak in front of us, or has he a

large number of allies?

Queen Angella

____________________

If Hordak is here, then we have him and Skeletor to deal with.

Let's hope that he's not here!

Teela

__________________

We'll go to the Laboratory, how's that sound? I assume it's just Queen

Angella, Teela and me. Let's head off girls! I'd feel better if She-ra were

coming with us...

*heads off for the Laboratory*

OOC: I don't know if Mermista would know where the Laboratory is, but seeing

as everyone else is going to the second floor, we'll go where no one else is

going.

______________________-

I follow He man and the rest to the chamber. I hope to get to the bottom of

this mystery once and for all.

Castaspella

____________________

Well, seeing as though everyone has already entered the castle, I'll follow

He-Man and his group.

Stratos

________________-

I have said that I am going into Greyskull as well.

Roboto

_________________

I will go with Mermista to the He-Man room (or whatever it is called).

Roboto

________________

I turn to glimmer "What you say does in fact make sense and if it is

true, then I wouldn't have been able to contact the sorceress at all

let alone when I telepathically got an image from her. I have faith

in you glimmer and I trust you. Alright, I'll go with you to snake

mountain.

He-Man

___________________

walking down Grayskulls halls-

-Stumbles, and grabbs forhead-

He-Man! I just got the sensation that someone is crying out for help,

prehaps the Soroceress? did you feel it? I strongly feel that the

others are alive! When we saw the dead bodies outside, i felt nothing,

no screaming, dieing spirits.

But if they are alive, i dont feel them here, Skeletor knows your his

powers are no match for your in Grayskull, but the place your powers

are the weakest, is SNAKE MOUNTAIN! prehaps the vision of Skeletor in

the window, and the dead lascreated bodies were all an illision.

Skeletor knows that he can never have the full, true power of

Grayskull, if you are alive. With you alive the Castle is strong, and

can possibly withstand an attack from Skeletor. but with you dead,

Grayskull is his for the taking!

To make a long story short, there is some thing terribly wrong here! I

feel that if we go to Snake Mountain, we will find the Soroceress. I

know it is a long shot, but Mermista, Teela, and Queen Angella, can

remain here just in case.

For the sake of Grayskull, will you, He-Man, and the others with us

(Stratos, and Castaspella(and anyone else)) come to Snake mountain? I

have never felt more sure of something, as i do now!

_GliMMer_

_______________________

I'm going to stay here and keep Skeletor, and whomever else is

with him, busy while you guys go to Snake Mountain. He-Man, I wish you

and Glimmer and everyone who goes with you luck. I'll do what I can.

Who will also stay and who will go? I'm going to go ahead and head on to

the He-Man Room--anyone else who wishes to go with me can join me there.

*turns and, weilding her quarterstaff, walks into the He-Man room*

Teela

_____________________

If you're that sure of it, and I'm sure you are, I'll definitely go with

you to Snake Mountain. We must find the Sorceress and try to sort all of

this out!

Stratos

________________

He-Man, I know how you feel--but we can't take the chance that

this isn't Grayskull--We can't let Skeletor find the Powervault--and we

can't let anyone else get to it, either. I can take care of myself--don't

worry about me. I would prefer to not go alone, either, but I have no

choice! I was responsible for those guards and I doubt that they would

want me to go with you and risk Skeletor finding the power chamber--I'll

be fine. Just find the others, if you can!

Teela

_______________-

"Thanks, Mermista--glad to have you along. Good luck, all!"

Teela

_____________________

Mermista, we need to stay together, agreed? So, let's try

this--Skeletor's going to the Powervault--if memory serves, that should be

on this floor--He was last seen in the He-Man room--let's hope that's

where he was cause otherwise, he'll be on the second floor! *Looks

around* --can you see anything?

DM--what ARE we currently seeing?

Teela

____________________

I will also remain here for the time being.

Queen Angella

__________________

I follow Glimmer with my Sword drawn through the portal. Before I

vanish through the portal I tell Stratos and Roboto to be prepared

for anything in case Glimmmer is possibly wrong, after all, if we

are in Grayskull now, Snake Mountain may be worse.

He-Man

__________________

Tri-Klops, only you are not even slightly loyal to the other evil warriors.  I have need for someone as mistrustful as you.  Would you like to got to Etheria and wreak some havoc while Hordak is away, would you like to go to the false snake mountain, or would you like to be in the false Grayskull to surprise some of the heroic warriors.  I am prepared to elevate you to the level of Hordak if you can succeed in humbling some of your foes.  Choose your destiny.

Viceroy

____________________

Faker is unfamiliar with the castle's layout, but once told where to go, he heads off immediately. He has no sense of greed, so he'll ignore any treasures. Any threats will be dealt with quickly and mercilessly.

Faker

______________________

Hordak walks thru the castle, to the throne room, where he decides to

take the throne, whereas he feels better placed there. He then begins to

shout orders to anyone whom passes by!

Hordak

____________________

I want to go to the false Grayskull and ambush my enemies

<Tri-Klops's Player> Out

___________________

I head straight to the room of power. I always want more power why stop here??

Evil-Lyn

______________________

Grizzlor wanders around the 2nd floor for a few minutes not knowing Grayskull's layout and finds himself in the Guardian Room.

Grizzlor

_____________________

I wonder around looking for anything that catches my eye. I find a room where

He-Man keeps all his swords and powerful weapons. Here I learn more an more

about him. Then I head toward the power room where Evil-Lyn is, this is where

I can get my powers as well.

Skeletor

__________________

Where are those rebels to stop us? I have a plan!!!

Evil-lyn

_________________

It took a little while for some of you to be certain what you wanted to do,

but I am impressed with some of the considerations you have made even

though I can not tell you which ones.

Also a little recapping.

Glimmer detected that there was only a little magic in the area, and

Castaspella did not detect traps.

Roboto has turned off his emotions, but he has discovered nothing special

because of it.

Mermista, you are indeed a full fledged mage. I was thinking about

changing some of your abilities as a mage, but my idea of MOTU purity fell

through early on. The only exception is that you will not be able to use

"Fireball" or "Chain Lightning" or any fire spell. I will continue to

allow "Lightning Bolt" just to be sporting.

You have volunteered to go to the Hall of He-Man, that is the room which

contains the one window that you can see from the outside. You only

actually saw Skeletor in the window, so that qualifies as your last known

location of evil characters since you have seen no others.

He-Man, you draw your sword. At first you want to detect traps, but then

you realize that your sword's skill is in detection of evil instead. You

think you must have made a slip since everyone was talking about it.

Castaspella did not detect traps. You are not at all surprised. The

Sorceress never was one to place traps. Most people have always been

welcome in Grayskull.

You have decided to go to the Hall of He-Man with Mermista.

Mermista and He-Man are joined by Angella and Teela. The mages wish to

check for traps in the Hall of He-Man. I will remind you that your group

will also be able to detect things like magic and evil if you wanted to.

Teela, you suggest that He-Man got to the vault of knowledge. Please note

that I do not have a vault of knowledge on the maps. I did say that not

all rooms in this game will be accounted for, so you must specify that you

mean something other than the Guardian room if you mean the place where you

believe the power to be kept.

Angella I have noted that you prefer to save you turns for healing and

defense. the only enemy you have actually seen is Skeletor. If you

believe Hordak is here, then you are making that assumption on a hunch or

your knowledge of his mode of operation.

Mermista, you sent a later message about going to the laboratory. The lab

is on the first floor, not the second. In fact if you look to your left

(while facing the throne), most of that open area is the laboratory. You

do not see any trouble over there, and you proceed to go up the stairs with

the group.

By the way, since you have not told me in which order or what type of group

you are going up as, I will determine it randomly if it becomes relevant.

Stratos, you have decided to go upstairs as well. Remember, you will be

entering the Hall of He-Man as you requested. There is very little void

area between the "stair well" and the hall itself.

Castaspella, you mentioned that you wanted to go too, but you later changed

you mind.

Roboto, emotion chip still turned off, you go with the rest of the group.

Glimmer, still thinking about the little magic found here, you work up an

idea about going to Snake Mountain.

Roboto, you take a few steps and begin to run this whole scenario through

your intensive logic processors. You come to the conclusion that you

friends are still alive and captured at Snake Mountain.

He-Man, you are also intrigued by the idea. You run down the stairs ( you

were halfway up) and prepare to go with Glimmer and Roboto.

Stratos, you are the latest to join on the band wagon to Snake Mountain.

Glimmer, you attempt a portal to Snake Mountain. You should not assume

that you are able to do so. In fact, on your first try, you remember that

you have no idea where Snake Mountain is. You trust He-Man give you

precise directions so you may create a proper portal. You would hate to

materialize in solid rock. When you emerge with the others, you are two

miles from Snake mountain and are atop a small hill. You can see Snake

Mountain in the distance.

Again, I have not been given instructions on how you want your group to

travel.

He-Man, your words of caution are the last words heard by your friends in

Grayskull as the Snake Mountain group vanishes through the portal.

DM

________________________

I turn my emotion chip back on when we leave Castle Greyskull's vicinity.

Roboto

_________________

I go to the throne room.

Teela

________________________

Finally, the good characters caught up. This is the results of recent moves.

Tri-Klops-You have gained the favor of the Viceroy since you are not loyal

to the other evil characters whom he believes to be weak or traitorous, and

you will receive a separate message since you were not teleported in with

the others.

Hordak, you were teleported into the Hall of He-Man, and you wish to sit

upon the throne of Grayskull. To learn where the throne would be, you ask

Skeletor, who has other things on his mind. He tells you that it is down

stairs through the left side of the tunnel that leads from the Hall of He-Man.

Only enough time has passed for you to examine the tunnel and begin your

descent. You are the first to hear noise. There are people downstairs

talking noisily among themselves. Furthermore, the sound is getting

closer. You realize that making your way to the throne would require that

you go through whomever is coming your way.

The rest of you also hear the sounds of talking people coming up the

massive stairs that lead to this room, The Hall of He-Man.

Evil-Lyn, you have the usual goal on your mind, the retrieval of ultimate

power, but you would never let Skeletor know that you want it for yourself.

You panic for a second when you realize that conflict may be approaching,

and you look for a way out. The only exit from this room other than the

stairs is a door at the hall end of the hall. You vaguely remember being

in this area once before, or perhaps, Skeletor, having been here described

it in so much detail that you believe you are near the power. There is

know way he could believe that you think you are near. Under the guise of

fleeing from your enemies, you make your way towards the door beyond the

wall covered with spears and shield to head for the Guardian room.

Skeletor, surely, you are not afraid of a little party of powerful, good

warriors, mages, and clerics, among which may be He-Man. Is your argument

with him the battle over the power of Grayskull, or is it more personal.

If you could beat him in single combat, would you be satisfied.

The rest of this group is splitting up.

Grizzlor sniffs the room. He (an no one else) smells a faint older of

ancient blood. Indeed there is dry blood on the ancient weapons. The

blood is so old and rotten that it displeases Grizzlor. This is not so

because you dislike blood, but because your appetite craves fresh, vital

blood. You wander out of the room. Pointing, you say, "I wonder where she

(Evil-Lyn) is going" , and you wander after her. You have little idea what

she is after. If you do realize at some point, you will not know exactly

what is going on. You have heard Hordak talk about ultimate power. At

times, he would call it knowledge, and other times raw power. It would be

a bummer for you if the power of Grayskull were the opportunity to study to

learn to control the universe.

Seeing Grizzlor abandon the area, you decide it would be in your best

interest to follow.

Faker, you never really needed orders. You saw Skeletor move, and you

followed. You remain by his side, at least as close as he allows. You do

look like his arch-enemy, after all. You are at the tail end of the group,

as your top goal is the protection of Skeletor. Evil-Lyn, you are the firs

(and only at this point) to exit the Hall of He-Man.

In the darkness, noises of discussion grow louder. You can not tell who

exactly is in the party of good, but you do see they have reached the Hall

of He-Man.

What do you do?

DM

________________________________

One thing I left out.

Skeletor, before you walked towards Evil-Lyn, you said you examined the

ancient power weapons. You think "He-Man has used these in combat. How is

it that I, a powerful mage can be beaten by mere strength and intelligence.

One who needs external weapons should be beaten more readily."

Hordak. You were watching Skeletor examine the weapons. You wonder why

your former student did not learn the value of technology. You are now

facing the main weapons display with your back towards the tunnels to the

stairs.

DM

__________________

I will continue to write to the good group as a whole for now to speed

things up in case you communicate telepathically. While that is not the

case, you must ignore what the other group is doing, as there is no way

your characters could know.

Glimmer, you are the first to emerge from the portal two miles from Snake

Mountain. Next come Stratos, Roboto, and finally He-Man. You immediately

restore your emotions, Roboto. You look around. Behind you is the plain

at which you first started this adventure. The area is dark and dreary.

The dull red sky is illuminated by the little bit of sunlight that makes it

to this side of the planet. The area is not devoid of life, but even the

plants seem unfriendly. Gray vines grow from ground. They seem to be

there solely to trip one who would walk. The ground itself is hard rock or

solid dirt, and no trees can be seen anywhere. What's more is you smell a

slightly disgusting odor, or perhaps it is all in your mind. A faint

stench of decay fills the air. There is life all around you, but it all

seems dead. You see your goal, Snake Mountain, two miles in the distance,

you begin walking, and He-Man, you immediately trip and fall on your hands.

No damage.

Quick question: what is dead, but seems alive or animated?

Grayskull group:

It is in this pseudo-order that you happen to walk up the stairs, sort of a

blob, but basically this way. Teela, Mermista, Hoof, She-Ra, Angella, and

Castaspella. You have been talking since you first got here, and you are

still carrying on conversations of strategy amongst yourselves. If the

walls could talk.... Teela, you know Grayskull very well. You know that

when you emerge, it will be through a tunnel. If you were to look back on

it, it would be the left tunnel. Teela, you are the first to reach the end

of the tunnel. You see Hordak looking at the display of the ancient

weapons of Eternia. Your warrior skills prompt you to survey the rest of

the room. In the dark shadows far to the left in this hall, you see

movement and hear a mild groaning. Seeing Hordak, you do not rush into the

room, but proceed with some caution. The rest of you are not yet able to

see into the room, as the tunnel is narrower toward the end and dark. All

you know is that Teela has ceased forward motion.

What do you do?

DM

_____________________-

Remember, we are using the cartoon Grayskull, plus a few rooms that I have

in store that are not mapped. Downstairs you were in the main room, the

room that contains the throne of Grayskull. You are now at the top of the

stairs looking into the Hall of He-Man. Please consult

http://sorceress.resnet.tamu.edu/grays/in.htm

for all of Grayskull and

http://sorceress.resnet.tamu.edu/grays/second/second.htm

for the second floor. You are near the top of the stairs shown at [15].

Everyone would benefit by consulting the maps from time to time.

DM

_________________________

Upon getting up from the ground, I will use my sword to detect evil.

I turn to glimmer and ask her to detect magic in the area.

I turn to roboto and ask him to put on his laser rifle arment if he

dosnen't already have it on. His gun would give us the long range

weapon we need should we see an attack coming and give us time to

formulate a plan. I turn to stratos and request that he fly above us

about 15-20 feet and see if anything that would do us harm or attack

us is in our direct vicitnity. I will begin to walk toward Snake

Mountain, with my sword dranwn looking for traps along the way.

He-Man

_______________

Once again, you are not surprised with the results. You are in the domain

of Snake Mountain. Your sword is capable of detecting evil in a 60'

radius, and it seems that in all directions the who area is seething with

evil. You try to walk again, but you trip after a few steps. Are you

clumsy, or is something causing you to fall? This time, you have your

sword draw, when you fall, it falls in front of you. The gray stinking

vines clear away from your sword within 1" of it. Don't forget, your sword

radiates a 1" protection from evil as well as detect evil 60'.

DM

_____________________

I cast dispel magic to try and get rid of the clumsiness spell tht seems to be

in place here.

Castaspella

_________________

You cast "Dispel Magic", but nothing seems to happen. Perhaps it is not

magic at work here.

DM

_________________

I calmly walk around the interior of the room, looking and

listening and trying to stay hidden in the shadows--I grab the person

that emerged behind me and put my hand on their mouth whispering in their

ear "stay silent! Hordak's here!" I then tell them to tell the person

behind them and to pass it down the line.

I prepare to attack and distract Hordak from the others but intend

to listen for their plans first.

Teela

____________________

Quick note on telepathy. I am sure you have noticed that your primary

telepathic link (Glimmer and Angella) are in separate groups, enabling

useful communication between the two. I will use the following conventions.

Using telepathy will take a round of combat

The recipient of the message will be a little distracted by paying

attention to the message (negatives added to saves). for the duration of

the message.

The idea here is that even though you have the advantage of not needing

separate spells like other mages who wish to send a telepathic message, no

one is likely to find it advantageous to try to stay in contact constantly.

Also remember that no mage in either group has made contact, so neither

group knows what the other is doing.

DM

_________________

I raise to my feet, but do not move. I reach for my sword and grab

it. Thinking maybe something is causing me to fall. I have an idea. I

thrust my sword into the ground to see what else may clear away.

He-Man

_______________

*nods* "You're right, He-Man." *puts on laser arm*

Roboto

______________________

Indeed, you should be thankful that your dexterity prevented you from

falling on your sword. You thrust it into the ground a few inches away

from where you fell. The vines in that area disperse, as well.

DM

I raise to my feet, but do not move. I reach for my sword and grab

it. Thinking maybe something is causing me to fall. I have an idea. I

thrust my sword into the ground to see what else may clear away.

He-Man

____________________

I have a plan boys.Now whatever anybody does, DO NOT ATTACK MARLENA IN ANY

WAY. got that? (Uses abilites to turn herself into Queen Marlena) Now Hordak,

if the heros enter, Pretend to hold me hostage. Make it seem like I'm very

important, say it even. If i struggle let me go. Don't argue about this one I

could get us out of this without a fight even.Skeletor, order fakor not to

attack marlena, I'm affraid his progamming will get the best of him.Now you

better save some power for me, you both Owe me.

Evil-lyn

_______________________

I examine thses weapons, and figure out how He-man has beaten me all this

time. I learn all that I need to know, and more to kill He-man once and for

all. Now I have the POWER OF GREYSKCULL!

Skeletor

__________________

With the power of Grayskull that i have obtained from this place, I will get

us out with out a problem. But for now I'll go along with your plans. Lets

begin. Ok fakor stay your ground, and wait for my signal.

Skeletor

___________________

After seeing the vines dispel in front of me. I turn to glimmer. "

Try a reveal spell, maybe the thing that is tripping us is invisible

and may not be magic at all but a creature. In fact, it may be right

below us seeing how these vines are coming up from beneath the ground

to trip me." I turn to roboto. "Do your scanners reveal anyone aside

from us in the vicinity? My sword detects evil all around us, so it's

hard to pinpoint an exact location that it might be coming from."

I turn to, or look up at Stratos "What do you see my friend?"

Once more I get up and try to walk a few steps, swinging my sword

low and in front of my feet like a metal detector to keep the vines

away. My grip on the sword is loose that way if I fall again, I can

place the sword in front of me when I fall that way I won't fall on

it. "If I do fall again," I say to the others "Then we will know that

it isn't the vines tripping me, but something else."

He-Man

___________________

I was wondering can I cast spells with out people knowing it's me?? I want to

cast spells while I'm marlena, without being Identified. Also I need you help

to pull this off, if this ig going to look real i'll have to e-mail every

thing I want to say to the good guys then you will have to e-mail it to them

(since no one is playing marlena). It needs to look like an NPC. This is going

to be fun.

Evil-lyn

___________________

In that case, I will contact Glimmer now.

Angella

_____________________

-Holds hands up, little white twinkley stars fill the area and says..-

"Reveal yourself!"

Glimmer

___________________

I'll check, He-Man. *scans for humanoid life signs *

Roboto

____________

You do not see any creatures in the field before you even after "Detect

Invisibility".

DM

____________-

You detect no humanoids in the area.

DM

_________________

are we in the power room or the hall of he-man? I really need to know. If

we're in the hall fine. if not you guys stay in here and get the power, i'll

go walk into the hall( I'll only walk out if the good guys can't see me coming

out of the hall if not I'll stay still)

Evil-lyn

________________

Grizzlor is ready to fight to defend the powers of Grayskull if neccessary.

Grizzlor

________________

You are still in the Hall of He-Man. I realize that you are going to the

power room, but that time has not yet elapsed. You can even change your

decision if you want to because that time has not elapsed.

DM

________________-

Agreeing with He-Man, I fly into the air. As I gaze upon this wasteland

around which Snake Mountain lies, I notice a wide gap in the land several

hundred yards ahead of the group. With vines almost completely covering

it, it is almost impossible to see. And then I see something else...

"He-Man!" I yell to the others as I descend toward the group. "There is a

pit up ahead of us. But, that's the least of our problems! I saw

silhouettes of--things in the mist down below, surrounding us. But they

were moving so fast...I couldn't tell what they were! I don't think

they're--human."

Stratos

_________________

Ok everyone, i think it is time to check in with Queen Angella.

-closes eyes-

"Angella, angella, can you hear me..."

GliMMer

________________

I create a deversion, down the hallway where that sound we heard. And at the

same time, I try to gin all the powers I can in The Power Room, so I can use

this against who ever it is. I am now hiding in The Power Room.

Skeletor

__________________-

Grizzlor is also hiding in the Power Room with Skeletor and whoever else is in there waiting to attack. "Maybe the Power of Grayskull is a giant deer steak," he thinks to himself.

Grizzlor

________________-

Glimmer, I hear you...did you not hear me when I tired to contact you? What

is happening?

Q Angella

__________________

everyone stay in the power room I'll distract them. Just chill out and get the

power.

Evil-lyn

_________________

I hear you Angella, is everything alright at Grayskull?

GliMMer

________________

Earlier in the week, she contacted you and told you everything that has

been going on at Grayskull. This means that you know everything I have

written pertaining to them.

DM

____________________

Roboto, what do zombies, skeleton warriors, and vampires have in common?

If you figure it out, you may want to tell He-Man.

DM

___________________

I will help you play Evil-Lyn as Marlena effectively and pretend that she is an NPC.  You do, of course, realize that certain actions, words, etc will ruin the plan regardless of your intentions.  Also, you will be penalized -2 to attacks since Evil-Lyn has probably never "Polymorphed" in to Marlena before.  I have assumed you wanted to use "Polymorph Self", since you did not specify a spell, and that seems closest to what you want to do.

DM

________________

Evil Lyn's plan has not seen rejection from the other evil characters, so

it seems it may go well, of course, if one of you were to act against it,

actions are greater than affirmations.

Evil-Lyn, in the shadows of the Hall of He-Man you perform "Polymorph Self"

and change yourself into Queen Marlena. You retain your mental abilities

as well as your magic, but you look, move, and have the same pitch voice as

her.

In my last post, I told you that you are in dark areas at the edge of this

hall. You believe that the good PCs can not hear you. Further, you think

your plan is good enough that you will be able to bend the good PCs to your

will while the other evil PCs go for the power.

Skeletor, you have finished examining He-Man's weapons. You believe you

can beat him. You are confident that your magery will overcome whatever he

can throw at you.

Grizzlor, the prospect of the Power of Grayskull being something you can

use tempts you to follow Skeletor into the Guardian room.

Fakor, you are a little displeased with Evil-Lyn's condescending attitude

toward you, but you go with Skeletor for the simple reason of wanting to be

with Skeletor.

You three are off, with Skeletor far in the lead since he took off running

as soon as he left the room. None of you took the time to check the area

between the Hall of He-Man and the Guardian room. You made it through OK,

but you never know what is waiting out there.

Hordak, you start running, and you are now at Evil-Lyn's position.

Skeletor, you are the first to arrive at a large face mounted into a stone

statue in the Guardian Room

"I am the Guardian of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull"

"What do you want?"

DM

___________________

Roboto, you try to detect hidden monsters in the area. Finding nothing,

you walk towards He-Man. You stumble a bit and almost fall. You're keen

visual acuity allow you to see that the vines themselves were moving very

slowly.

Stratos, flying overhead, you turn your attention to the field of vines at

large rather than your friends specifically. It looks like He-Man, Roboto,

and Glimmer are roughly in the center of a spherical field of vines with a

500 foot radius.

He-Man, you discover that you can walk freely in a path cleared by your

sword. Since it only clears within 1 inch, you are swinging it from side

to side. The vines stay cleared long enough for you to walk freely.

Those of you in Grayskull:

I have not heard much from you since Teela bid you to be silent.

You hear a rhythmic beat. It seams to be the sound of people running,

about 7 sets of feet you think. Several of you think it is more like 3

sets of feet. Teela, you see Hordak run for the door.

What do you do?

DM

_______________

Since the good PCs have not done much, you have not done anything, since

you wanted to ambush some of them. You do know that Teela is within your

reach if you wanted to take her down. Since the others are still in the

tunnel, you know who is there, but you would have to reveal yourself to

attack them.

DM

______________

Skeletor, you are the first to arrive at a large face mounted into a stone

statue in the Guardian Room

"I am the Guardian of the Secrets of Castle Grayskull"

"What do you want?"

DM>>>

(OOC: I'm assuming Faker still looks like He-Man.)

I whisper to Lord Skeletor, "My lord, perhaps you should use your

magics so that this . . . thing's mystical senses are as fooled as well as

I fool normal sight."

If Skeletor agrees and we pull this off without trouble, I step forward.

"Guardian, I am He-Man. Skeletor has been captured, and I seek access

to the secrets of Grayskull so that he might be imprisoned now and

forevermore."

Faker

______________________

*I run and tackle Hordak, motioning the others to stay where they

are--if I'm captured, hopefully they won't be caught and can come and

rescue me.*

"All right, Hordak, what's going on?"

Teela

_____________

He-Man! My scanners did not detect LIFE signs. Yet, Stratos detected

movement of several figures heading in our direction. I have reason to

believe that what Stratos saw were undead; that is why I could not detect

them.

Roboto

___________________-

I tell motion to the glimmer, and roboto to follow behind me while I

attempt to clear a small path for us to walk in the direction of

Snake Mountain.

"Roboto." I say "Use your blaster to shoot at the vines if they try

to close around you too quickly after I pass them" . I walk swinging

my sword in the direction of snake mountain.

He-Man

______________________

Upon hearing Stratos's vision of our surronding, I motion for

everyone to form a circle around glimmer while she attempts to

contact Angella. "She's helpless while she's using telepathy" I

mention to Roboto and Stratos. "If we are surronded as you say

stratos, then we have one of two choices, we can attempt to get out

of this blasted vine field and then prepare for combat, but if they

are as quick as you say they are, they may already be upon us hiding

and we can't move while Glimmer is communicating. I suggest that

we do the circle thing with glimmer in the center to protect her

until she is finished communicating. After this is done, I suggest

to stratos "Stay in the air, we can't see the creatures as well as

you can from above and if they try to get near us, fire at them, we

don't know if they can fly and you may be able to give us the cover

and time we need to get out this vine field and prepare for an attack

if neccessary.

He-Man

_________________

"I agree, He-Man." I fly into position around Glimmer with the rest of the

group and get in a battle stance, ready to face any oponent that dares come

my way.

Stratos

_____________

I lookk around as teela tackles hordak, looking for any of his little cronies

that might be around -- he is never alone. in my experience!!!

Castaspella

_________________-

*punches Hordak* "What's goin' on, Hordak! I know you know what

all this is about!"

Teela

_______________

I look to the statue, and ask...Who is He-man, and how can I become just as

powerful as him?

______________

I take back my question to the statue, and go with Fakors plan.

Skeletor

___________________

It seems some of you have not received messages this last week. I have

recalculated and provided this to bring you all as much up to date as those

messages were to allow, so disreguard what contradicts this below:

Skeletor, you agreed to Fakor's plan to fool the Guardian Statue.

You have used powers of illusion to make Fakor seem as much like He-Man as

possible. It seems to be successful.

Fakor, you ask the guardian statue to let you have Grayskull's power to

permanently imprison Skeletor.

The Guardian opens the right door and says simply: enter.

Evil-Lyn, you almost sound like you care about Hordak's well-being. You

ask him to go to the room of power. He is nearly to your position in the

Hall of He-Man, when from the tunnel runs Teela. Teela punches Hordak in

the back of his head and demands to know what his business here is. He

loses 5 hitpoints.

Evil-Lyn, you are in the form of Marlena.

Grizzlor, you are standing before Fakor who has just been access to the

right door by the guardian statue.

DM

_________________

It seems some of you did not receive posts this week. I have recualculated

to take that into account, you should disregard anything you received that

contracts what is stated below:

By now, Angella and Glimmer have ended their first telepathic encounter.

Teela, you have ambushed Hordak, punching him in the face. You have taken

off 5 hit points. You look in the corner toward the exit of the room. You

see a woman cowering in the corner. You quickly recognize her as one you

are sword to protect, Queen Marlena.

The rest of you have began to file out of the tunnel into the hall. You do

not see what Teela sees, only Teela attacking Hordak with her bare fist.

Those of you approaching Snake Mountain.

He-Man, you ponder on the notion of undead plants for a moment, but you

decided that swinging your sword like a metal detector is good enough.

Roboto, you are able to use your blaster to some avail.

Glimmer, as long as you walk behind Roboto, who is walking behind He-Man

you are able to move with impunity.

Stratos, you are flying successfully.

At this rate, you should make it to Snake Mountain in 2 hours.

DM

_________________

I will also not that Castaspella stated her belief that Hordak is not

alone. Castaspella stands in a moment of terror as she wonder what is in

store for Teela, having attacked Hordak in single combat.

As each of you makes your way to the room, you see Marlena in the corner.

DM

_______________-

Evil-Lyn, you see Teela, captain of the royal guard attack Hordak. You are

not just standing there as Marlena. You are shivering, cowered in the

corner. You are sure Teela has seen you.

As others file into the room, you think there is a good chance they will

see you as well.

DM

______________________

I go over to Marlena. "Your majesty we have come to rescue you. Please

come with me, I will escort you out of here!!

Castaspella

__________________

I run up and attack hordak with my staff to try to further incapasetate(sp!)

him so he can do no harm to us. I tell Castaspella to detect magic on the

queen to make sure that it really IS the queen, and not someone else.

-mermista

__________________

If this is indeed the Queen (and my mother), I want to see to it that she gets

to safety.

She-Ra

___________-

Common everyone, we need to get the Snake Mountain ASAP!

Glimmer

_______________

Glimmer is correct. The captives might not have much longer to live

despite the scene at Greyskull.

Roboto

________________

I turn around, a my hand becomes a cannon. It shoots a net at Teela,

tieing her to the nearest wall. I go back up to her, and smack her.

Hordak

_________________

I do cast detect magic on Marlena, checlkign to see if it is really her.

If it is the queen ,how hard would it be for me to teleport the two of us

out of -- where are we again?

Castle greyskull I think I am in?

anyway I get the queen iout of there. if it i is not her I cast dispel

magic in a effort to find out who it really is.

Castaspella

__________________

"You haven't answered me,Hordak! What's going on?"

Teela

_____________

I say we stay in the formation we are at the moment, at least until

we get out of this vine field. I shout to stratos "How close are the

creatures to us?" I turn to roboto and glimmer "I agree with the both

of you, the sooner we get to snake mountain the better."

I speed up the swinging of my sword just a bit, enough to still keep

it under control and stop should I need to.

He-Man

_________________

Fakor and I walk to the doors, and with my newly founded powers I am able to

see whats on the other side, before we decide to precede.

Skeletor>>>

I follow Lord Skeletor eagerly, but do my best not to break the masquerade.

_____________________

Can I cast some kind of detect evil spell or something? If so, then that's

what I will do.

Angella

__________________

Starts shooting light energy at the brush to help He-Man out to speed

up the process!

-Glimmer-

_________________

I fly higher into the air to get a better look at the creatures. After a

moment or so, I descend back down to the group. "The creatures seem to be

following us as we move. They are still all around us, though I still

can't make out who or what they are. Perhaps they're watching us, making

sure we go in some direction?"

Stratos

_______________

Hordak, I know your plan and i know it's no good. Go now on your way. I'm

forced by the rules to tell you the way to go. I'm not forced to follow you. I

have told you your way now go.

Evil-Lyn

___________________

Hordak, shoot with the net, then flee before the rest come. i'll protect you.

Evil-lyn

_____________

when i cast spells as marlena will people know it's marlena casting them?? I

hope not to keep the cover.

Evil-lyn

_______________

Grizzlor follows Skeletor and Faker through the doorway if they choose to go in. If not he will go in alone.

Grizzlor

__________________

Fakor and I walk to the doors, and with my newly founded powers I am able to

see whats on the other side, before we decide to precede.

Skeletor

_________________

Castaspella, yes, you are still in Grayskull. You run to the aid of Queen

Marlena; you do not know her well, but you are interested in helping anyone

who seems to be in need of your aid. You run past Teela who is struggling

with Hordak. Hordak did not seem to think being tackled and punched was

his idea of an attention getter. Hordak turned and blasted her with his

arm. Fortunately for her, she was shot with a net that pins her to the

wall rather than fire or another weapon. I have calculated the net as a

certain one of the Bigby's hands spells. This is not terribly important to

you, but you should know I realize it is a non-standard spell.

Mermista, you ran straight at Hordak, who was busy eliminating the threat

of Teela by netting her to the wall. You want to attack Hordak with your

staff, but you did not say whether you wanted to hit him with it or use the

"Lightning Bolt". Of course, the staff is the only way you are able to use

"Lightning". Hordak is right there with Teela, and you know that lightning

at that range would probably hurt Teela as well, so you make a physical

attack with your staff. As he is busy, he pays little attention to you,

and feels the full force of your attack. You manage to hit him in the back

of the head and take off the maximum of 6 hit points. His head flies

forward, and then back to the upright position. Will he continue with

Teela or turn to you? If he gets angry, you may wish you had taken your

chances with the lightning.

She-Ra, you said "If this is indeed the Queen..." You believe it to be

Marlena, and you will not fail to defend her. Still, approaching her, you

smile to yourself as you realize Hordak is finally getting some of his own

medicine.

Hordak thinks one good punch deserves another. Defenseless, Teela can not

block and takes a taunting slap and loses 8 hit points. Your eyes narrow,

will you find a way to escape? Will you ask Hordak for pardon, or will you

be his prisoner? Even in your condition, with a net spread tight from head

to toe and restraining your arms and legs, you demand to know what Hordak

intends. An evil grin fills his face as he thinks of something terrible to

say to you. Further, you demand to know where Skeletor went. That may

have done it. You know how much he hates the name of Skeletor.

Hoof is still hauling his heavy self up the stairs. It is hard when you

have half a ton of armor.

Up next for Castaspella and Angella will be detection of magic and evil

from Queen Marlena. I am surprised you would be so bold to question the

integrity of one of the two rulers of this planet. Even if she is not your

queen, you know she is a queen.

Glimmer, you start firing magic missiles at the gray vines. This increases

your speed considerably. You believe the three of you could jog if you

wanted to. Of course, Stratos, perfectly happy to fly.

In speaking of Stratos, when asked by He-Man, you respond that there seems

to be fewer shadowy beings. In fact, you can not make them out to be any

type of beings that you are familiar with. You hope you are not dealing

with a group of mages, but you keep your excellent eyes open.

Roboto, you feel a tingle on your right arm. It is as though you had a

momentary short circuit.

DM

_________________

The room is now filled with Teela, Mermista, Castaspella, Angella, and She-Ra.

Hordak, you successfully bound Teela to the wall with a tight net that

covers her from head to toe and prevents her from moving her arms and legs.

Even after you deliver a powerful slap to the left side of her face and

take of 8 hit points, she still is demanding to know what you are doing her

and where is Skeletor. "Where is Skeletor", indeed. You hate that name,

why does she not show reverence in your presence, and yours alone.

Evil-Lyn, you reiterate to Hordak that you want to take care of this room

yourself. You tell him quite bluntly that he should go seek the power with

the others. He is currently having fun harassing Teela.

Hordak, you head flies forward, and your straighten your neck. You have

been attacked from behind. Mermista has struck you with her staff, and you

lost 6 hit points.

Evil-Lyn, people will know it is you casting spells depending on the spell.

This particularly true if it is a directional spell such as "Fireball".

You do, however, have the advantage of being in a room full of other mages.

She-Ra is cautiously making her way towards you as Marlena. Castaspella

is running to help you, and Angella is just starting to walk toward you.

Soon, they will be upon you.

Skeletor, you do not yet have the power of Grayskull, so you are restricted

to your normal powers. Faker, you open the door which the guardian statue

allowed you to enter, but neither you, Skeletor, nor Grizzlor have entered.

Faker, you see something simple. Behind the door is a cube stone room,

about 4 yards in each dimension. In the center of the room is a Doric

column that looks like it comes up to your waist. On it is a scarlet book

with gold trimming. From your position and with the dim lighting, you can

not read what is printed in silver lettering on the cover of the book.

DM

_______________________

I look at my arm, and then to the darkened area around us. "I wonder if

a field of entropy is somewhere."

Roboto

___________________

I nod in agreement with Stratos. "You may be right friend. I suggest

that we get out of the vine field and then when we do we tell the

creatures that we know of their presence. That way regardless of what

happens they know that we know that they are following us." I turn to

glimmer "Can you see if you can detect magic in the area around us? I

believe once out of this field that we get into a defensive stance

my friends we know not if these creatures be friend or foe and we

don't know if they mean us harm or are sent merely to watch or delay

us. Keep on your guard, the closer we get to Snake Mountain, the

tougher our quest will be."

TO DM: I try to communicate telepathically with the sorceress to

see if she can respond to me now that we are further away from

Grayskull.

He-Man

___________________

I tun to He-Man. "I would think that if a detect magic spell was cast,

the entire area we are in would be identified as magical. Regular vines

do not consiously attempt to trip people." I then turn to Glimmer.

"Still, you could cast it if you really want to."

Roboto

__________________

Sorceress: Greetings He-Man. Where are you? Why did you break of contact

when last we spoke?

DM

__________________-

Telepathically to the sorceress: Sorceress!! You're alive!! Thank the

ancients. We were teleported to Grayskull, or at least a version of it by

the Horde Viceroy and we saw you and the others at Grayskull slain. Are

you alright. And just to make sure this is really you and not a horde

trick what is my secert identity?

How are the others with you at Grayskull and if we were just at

Grayskull, or at least an image of it and you are alright then we weren't

at the true Grayskull. In how great a danger are Teela and the others we

left behind on this world's version of Grayskull? Should we venture to

this world's Snake Mountain or return to its Castle Grayskull?

He-Man

______________

*struggles against the netting and tries to get it loose*

"Well, Hordak, where's old skull-head? I know he was up here."

*tries to grab one of the barbs with her hand, then thinks better

of it and rubs against it with her wrist guard instead*

Teela

_________________

*starts struggling a little harder and starts rubbing harder

against the barb--hopefully, this'll work!*

Teela

__________________

*struggles harder and starts trying to rub another barb loose with

her left foot while struggling with the one by her arm*

"So, Hordak, tell me--how does it feel to be bested by your

student, Skeletor? If he's out there looking for the power source of

Grayskull, he'll probably be able to find it soon. Why don't we work

together--stop Skeletor from getting it? Or are you afraid?"

DM: Hope this ploy works--if he falls for it, I'm gonna tie him up

in his own contraption and then start the search for Skeletor!

Teela

______________________

<If 1 doesn't work, use instead>Hordak's arm becomes and ice machine.

Ice shoots at Mermista, binding her to the wall, frozen.

<this happens no matter what>Hordak goes back to harassing Teela.

-Hordak

___________________

I am sure by now, you have seen Hordak's message that he will continue

attacking by using "Cone of Cold" on Mermista. By then, several of the

good players will have approached you. Evil-Lyn would know that any smart

mage would "Detect Evil" and "Detect Magic", and possibly other such

spells. The good news is "Detect Evil", or its reverse "Detect Good" is

designed to detect alignment of creatures, areas, or objects, and it will

only detect character alignment in unusual circumstances. Since you are a

character, and especially since you are polymorphed, and even further,

since you want to hide your evil alignment, this would fail on you.

If "Detect Magic" is specifically performed on you, the caster will detect

magical emanations, by he/she will not be able to detect alignment of the

magic. The caster may be able to detect which school/sphere. In other

words, if the caster determines that the spell is an (Alteration) spell,

he/she may be able to figure out that it is "Polymorph Self". It is, of

course "Polymorph Self", even though it is a special version mastered by

Evil-Lyn. The normal spell is designed for "assume the form of any

creature..." Plus, normal spells have some chance of failure or upper

limits to how many times a day the caster can use them. I have however

warned the good players that "Detecting Magic" on Queen Marlena would be

irregular, since she is a queen, after all.

Remember, you are evil. If Hordak refuses to continue attacking. You

would probably have little problem with his receiving some of your attack,

even if by accident. He is not doing a bad job. Teela is struggling on

the wall, and after I calculate the "Cone of Cold", Mermista may well be dead.

DM

______________________

Angered by Evil Lyn constantly telling me what to do, I zap the ground

with a flame coming out of my torch-arm.

Instead of zapping "Marlena," I aim towards Castaspella.

Hordak

telepathic message to Lyn: I warn you....

____________________

Way-elll

I ahve used power word kill before in other games YOU ahve Dmed. I was

not in the Wheel of Infinity and if I was I must not ahve ued ity, but I

have used it before IN the He-MAn rpg.

ANYWAY.

So if you are going to continue to be a spoothead I willuse power word

stun (OKAY???????????????)but I think tht I should be able to use a spell

my character has used before.

Castaspella

___________________

I am using Power Word Stun on Hordak --

Casta

_________________

Are you crazy!!!! stop it your screwing up my plan and you'll be dead. Now get

you but in the power room and PRONTO! When Hordak leaves the room I'll cast

stone wall on the doorway to seal him off from the rest.HORDAK TAKE BACK THAT

LAST MOVE AND MOVE IT!

Evil-lyn

______________

I'll use a telepath spell to tell him the message

evil-lyn

________________

I take that all back. I'm using a telepath spell to tell hordak this.

Leave teela she's the least of our problems. the next one to attack is

castaspella. If you kill mermista, castaspella is the only one who can detect

me. After then teela and she-ra are open game.

Evil-lyn

___________________

I take that all back. I'm using a telepath spell to tell Hordak this.

Leave Teela she's the least of our problems. the next one to attack is

Castaspella. If you kill Mermista, Castaspella is the only one who can detect

me. After then Teela and she-ra are open game.

Evil-lyn

____________________

That's not gonna work. Power Word Kill can only kill people of 60 or less hit

points. Try using your fireball. I'm going to shoot him with my missile,

providing there is enough room to escape any falling debris.

Hoof

_____________________

Grizzlor decides not to wait for Skeletor and Faker to enter and just goes on in, ignoring the book and sniffs for food.

Grizzlor

____________________________________

Roboto: Even though you do not know what that electrical shock was to you.

You do not believe that it is a malfunction on your part.

Glimmer: You feel a tingle in the back of your head. It feels like a low

voltage current was applied to your neck for a few seconds.

Stratos: You feel a strong electric shock in your left leg. The surprise

knocks you to within 2 feet of the ground.

He-Man: Earlier, Glimmer performed a check for magic and failed to find

any. She has not check for magic this time, however. You attempted to

contact The Sorceress. To your surprise, she seems to be alive.

Sorceress: I am safe at Grayskull. The regiment that has been stationed

here has not seen any action. There is not much for them to do here but

play strategy games. I think I have some idea what is going on. You were

on Etheria for your quest. The last time you contacted me, you were about

as far from here as Etheria, but you are not on the planet. Expecting you

to be on Etheria, I focused my energies on the planet. Only now with this

most recent contact am I able to maintain contact. It is not that I can

not detect from surprise location, but rather, not when I expect a

different location. You asked if you should continue your path to Snake

Mountain. I do not know your circumstance, but you are certainly not here

on Eternia. If you felt you had a purpose at Snake Mountain, you may want

to persevere and go on. Grayskull is safe here.

You are about 15 minutes from the edge of the vine field.

Teela: You continue attempting to escape from the netting. Your arm guard

is not exactly sharp, but you begin cutting at the netting. You slip and

rub your hand against the wall and begin bleeding slightly 1HP. When you

look at the cut on your hand, you notice that you chipped away a piece of a

barb that holds you to the wall. More carefully, you rub away at the

fatter top, and the net, loosened by your cutting slips off the top. This

frees your right hand. You know that Hordak does not like this, but

fortunately he seems to be in a sort of a chance for a few seconds. He

glances at Marlena. The look in his eye is almost one of hunger.

Castaspella: Perhaps not knowing how strong Hordak is, you attempt a

"Power Word Stun Spell" on Hordak. Hordak is stunned for three seconds,

but he turns around and looks at you with hate in his eyes. What is coming

up for you. There are several possible reasons for the spell failure. It

only works on HP less than 90, which could be the case with Hordak. I do

not have to use the stats on my page, though. The other possible way is

magic resistance. There is no saving throw for this spell.

Hoof: you said you would fire your missiles at Hordak if there was room to

escape debris. I do not understand if you must be able to escape, or all

the good characters must be able to escape. Teela is not yet free from the

wall.

Castaspella, your eyes meet Hordak's. Only a few feet away, you take a

"Fireball" square in the chest. You are dead, really dead. All that is

left of you is a pile of ashes and some small bone fragments.

DM

_______________________

Right before Evil-Lyn gives you the telepathic message to attack Castaspella,

Teela begins talking tough to you.

Teela:

So, Hordak, tell me--how does it feel to be bested by your

student, Skeletor? If he's out there looking for the power source of

Grayskull, he'll probably be able to find it soon. Why don't we work

together--stop Skeletor from getting it? Or are you afraid?"

Hordak, you feel a force hit you in the back. You believe it to be a spell.

It does not seem that the spell has affected you, but you turn around and look

at Castaspella with hate in your eyes.

Evil-Lyn: You have been quite vocal psychicly to Hordak about your desire for

him to leave the room. He is growing angry with you. At this time, you cast

"Phantasmal Killer" on She-Ra. It will take until next time to see how it

does. This spell will not be known to have come from you. You have been just

standing there for a while now, though.

Skeletor and Faker seem to be stunned by the prospect of entering the power

room and claiming the book that stands before them.

Grizzlor, you do enter the room. Strangely, there is, in fact a powerful

smell

of food. You smell an entire seven course meal of steak, potatoes, wine,

chicken, cheese cake, and other foods, but the smell is coming from the book.

The lettering on the book reads "It is a secret to everybody."

Hordak: with your arm, you shoot a "Fireball" at Castaspella.

DM

________________________

Hordak: You killed Castaspella with your "Fireball".

DM

___________________

Grizzlor, overcome with hunger opens the book hoping for his feast.

Grizzlor

_________________________

Damn that Hordak! I'm going to beat him into a bloody pulp with my fists.

Hoof

_______________________

Faker tries to pull Grizzlor back. "Idiot Hordesman! Who knows what kind of power this book contains? Only Lord Skeletor can handle it safely!"

Faker

___________________

I'll help you.

She-Ra

___________________

I have though more about the "Fireball". The light from the fireball

illuminated the area between the two tunnels that lead to the stairs to

this room.

Hoof, having finished your climb to this room, and preparing to attack

Hordak. You spot Tri-Klops no more than 4 feet to your left.

DM

_______________

Content at doing such a powerful thing, I transport (possible?) to the

power room, and smirk at Skeletor.

Hordak

___________________

Teela, we can't worry about the others now.We have to leave,(begins to free

her from the net) I think skeletor did whatever happened to She-ra. He's

probably lucking in the shadows or invisble. Is there anyone else in

Greyskull? We should probably team up with them. I was sent here as your guide

to greyskull. The Viceroy magicly implanted the castle layout and other things

in my head so I could lead both sides to whatever there here. I wasn't told

much of what's going on so I don't even know why your here.

___________________

If that runt Tri-Klops ties to get in my way, I'm gonna grab him and twist his

head off!

Check the wrestling table I made DM, I think its a LOT better than the PH book

one.

Hoof

PS: My strength, I think, is 23.

______________________

I wish to heal Teela's hand. Can I perform any raise the dead kind of spells?

I remember doing something similar in the last rpg. It took a go or two, and

weakened me a bit, but I can't remember the exact details...

Queen Angella

____________________

Teela's hand has stopped bleeding by now, and the 1 HP was quickly

restored. The only reason for the injury was to provide a reason for her

to take special notice of the barb.

To bring the dead back to life, you have two options, "Raise Dead" and

"Resurrect". Raise Dead requires that the body be whole when the spell is

cast, so that would not work, since the positioning of the fireball reduced

Castaspella to ashes. If you use "Resurrect", Castaspella will immediately

be restored to full hit points, and be able to perform spells and strenuous

activity. You, however will not be able to use magic or engage in combat

for the rest of the day. Normally, you would also age three years, but

will waive that stipulation for resurrections.

DM

_______________________

*starts to pick at another barb with her foot, continues to loosen

the one by my hand*

DM: Am I free yet? If so, I'm gonna sweep Hordak's feet out from

under him and kick him in the face with a driving kick with my left foot.

Teela

______________________

Hoof: Seeing what Hordak did to Castaspella, you are to attack him with

your fists.

She-Ra: You are also to attack Hordak physically (in other words, not your

paladin skills).

As it turns out, pleased with his killing of Castaspella, Hordak is

teleporting from the room.

Hoof, you are too far away to get to him in time, but

She-Ra, you have a chance. You bend your legs and make a powerful lunge

towards Hordak. Your sword is drawn, and you are ready to drive it deep

into Hordak's neck.

Hordak, is fast too, and he started his vanishing act a little too soon,

and you strike the wall behind him.

Teela, you have finished freeing yourself from the net a few seconds before

She-Ra begins her attack. When She-Ra hits the wall with her sword, it

cuts the portion that is still against the wall, cutting it in 9 places.

You pick up some of the pieces and see that these are some of the cleanest

cuts you have ever seen. Hordak had much to fear.

With Hordak gone, Marlena seems a little less fearful. She gathers her

resolve and walks towards Teela, who has been met by She-Ra. Hoof can

decide if he is there or if he is where Tri-Klops is. Marlena looks at

Teela and says:

Teela, we can't worry about the others now.We have to leave,(begins to free

her from the net) I think Skeletor did whatever happened to She-Ra. He's

probably lucking in the shadows or invisible. Is there anyone else in

Greyskull? We should probably team up with them. I was sent here as your

guide

to Greyskull. The Viceroy magic implanted the castle layout and other things

in my head so I could lead both sides to whatever there here. I wasn't told

much of what's going on so I don't even know why your here.

Hoof: Tri-Klops has not yet gotten in your way, but due to the fact you

stated your move against Hordak after he had began to teleport, you have

the option of proceeding to attack Tri-Klops instead.

Angella: You have been briefed on "Resurrect".

Those walking through the vine field:

You have reached the edge of the field, and Snake Mountain is still your goal.

Stratos: Your superior vision sees a startling sight. At first you do not

see anything you did not expect. At this distance, and at the angle you

are looking upon, you have a view of part of the back half. There is only

one problem, the back half of Snake Mountain is gone. I do not mean that

it has been destroyed. You see Snake Mountain in all its terrible glory,

but it and the landscape cease to exist at an imaginary vertical plane.

The break is clean and straight. What could this be?

DM

_______________________________

Evil-Lyn: Your "Phantasmal Killer" had no affect on She-Ra. There is not

change in here actions or behavior, whatsoever.

Tri-Klops: The "Fireball" used by Hordak lit up the room well. Hoof,

having just entered the room sees you well.

Grizzlor: You open the book in the power room. A flash emanates from the

book, and the smells that filled the room become food. The seven course

meal is before you.

Faker: By the time you jumped for Grizzlor, he was well on his way to the

book. You have no effect.

Hordak: You begin teleporting. Very shortly thereafter, both Hoof and

She-Ra come to attack.

She-Ra leaps through the air with her sword drawn and misses you by less

than a second before you vanish.

Hordak: You do not know exactly where the power room is, but you teleport

through the exit of this room, and you hear voices across the hall. You

have walked into the power room. You find that one of the two doors is

already open, but Skeletor has not entered. Inside the right door, you see

Grizzlor. Is he about to gain ultimate power? Perhaps it is better than

Skeletor.

DM

____________________________________________

I walk thru the door Skeletor has already gone thru.

Hordak

__________________________

*bows and begins* "Your majesty, there is no one else here in

Grayskull...we saw the bodies of the Sorceress and the others who were

here to protect Grayskull outside. He-Man and the others have gone to

Snake Mountain...to see if this was all a trick. I still want to check

Grayskull for Skeletor and the others--we can't risk him finding the power

chamber."

*turns to Queen Angella and She-Ra*

"I'd like to search the rest of the castle, but we can't risk

Marlena. Will you take her away from here and back to the Palace?"

*walks out and heads towards the guardian room, watching for any

cronies coming her way from Skeletor's and HOrdak's group.*

Teela

____________________

Fine, I'm gonna rip the guy's head off.

Hoof

_____________

Grizzlor starts eating the food closest to him, practically inhaling some of the smaller morsels. He always knew food had to be the ultimate power of Grayskull.

Grizzlor

__________________

I cast power word: kill in ther area(I think that's what it's called) and set

the spell to pychems or whatever hoof is speices name is.

evil-lyn

_____________

Since no one is doing anthing I'll stake out my next moves.I my kill spell

works than I will cast desintergrate on the ground below she-ra's feet. and if

that works, I'll cast wall of stone to patch the hole in the groung I just

made at the same time I'll zap teela with my wand.But that's if my kill spell

works on hoof.

Evil-lyn

_________________

I don't presume to tell you what to do, but I will remind you of some

defensive spells that can make mage's lives easier.

1. "Foresight"--lets the mage know when something really bad is about to

happen.

2. "Anti-Magic Shell"--negates magic within a certain radius

3. "Prismatic Sphere" A sphere that acts as a powerful defensive barrier

against most attacks. One touch, and most people would be killed instantly.

4. "Prismatic Wall"--similar to the sphere, but with limited height and

width.

5. "Stoneskin"--makes the mage invulnerable to a certain number of

physical attacks.

In He-Man rules, a mage may use only one of these at a time.

Quick note: Lasers are the only technology that are classified as magic.

I finished digging messages out of the 300 I got over spring break, so if I

leave something out, you will need to resend your move.

Hordak teleported out of the Hall of He-Man, where all of you are with

Marlena.

Mermista has chosen to leave the game, so please remove her address from

any messages you might send.

Marlena appears to be feeling better now. Even when standing in the

corner, cowering from Hordak, and maybe Tri-Klops, she did not seem

completely lost with fear. Would you expect less from such a strong ruler

and Earth astronaut.

After Hordak, seemingly content with killing a high-level mage with a

single blow, teleported from the room to many of you believe to join with

Skeletor in the room of power, impending attacks on Hordak ceased.

Teela freed herself from Hordak's netting and proceeded to stand with

Marlena. Teela is currently an NPC, as her author is on spring break.

Queen Angella, possibly the wisest ( I do not necessarily mean the stat

wisdom) of Etherians, you realize the danger to yourself by choosing to

resurrect Castaspella. Nevertheless, with not much more than a moment's

hesitation, you turn your path from an interception with the now vanished

Hordak to the pile of ashes and bone a few feet away. You stand still and

upright. The more you concentrate, the brighter a glow around your body

becomes. All the while, you are praying to your deity (the god Zodac, the

good ADD He-Man/She-Ra god). With the greatest reverence in your

conscience you genuflect and lay your hands on the ashes before you. You

are now channeling life force from the very universe itself. The force has

become strong enough in you to reverse the very laws of physics

(thermodynamics) themselves, and your fallen ally begins to reform. First

a gas jet (pure oxygen) shoots from the ashes as they deoxidize. As the

proteins reform, they combine to form the greater molecules of life,

however you have never studied this process because once the recombination

starts it only takes you 2 seconds to see it to its end. Now an amorphous

blob on the floor before you takes the very oxygen it earlier expelled into

itself, and the transformation becomes complete. The fully formed

Castaspella is lying on the floor, and she exhales. Oxygen, seconds

earlier, it was the breath of death, now it is the breath of life.

Castaspella: you are looking up at Angella. You realize what she has just

done for you, and you realize the danger she is now in. You survived the

test for system shock and are restored to full hit points. You may cast

spells, perform combat, whatever.

Queen Angella, on the other hand is unable to cast spells or engage in

combat for one day. She is weak and tired, and she collapses at

Castaspella's feet. She will be able to get up and walk slowly if she

wishes, but most everything that would facilitate combat is off limits.

Being in the Hall of He-Man, there is a dark red chair close to the room's

one window.

Teela hears Marlena whisper something, but she can not make out what it is.

Hoof and She-Ra are standing 4 feet from Castaspella and Angella since they

tried to attack Hordak.

Tri-Klops is still in the room by the entrance. He has not attacked yet.

He-Man, Roboto, Glimmer, Stratos: You successfully made it out of the

stinky, gray vine field to a rocky area that is inclined upward. You each

have began to feel electric-style tingles in random places on your bodies,

the most recent of which is Glimmer's tingle on the back of her neck.

After contacting The Sorceress, you found that you are definitely not on

the real Eternia, at least that is what She thinks.

Stratos, your superior vision allowed you to point out to the others that

the rear of Snake Mountain does not seem to exist. The front looks just

fine, but after a sharp edge, there is nothing but the maroon color of the

sky. It is not jagged as though it were bombed, it is there, but part of

it may as well have never existed.

I will note that since I have allowed an innate ability of Angella and

Glimmer to telepathically link, Angella will still be able to send and

receive, but the duration will be decreased.

Teela says, "Well, we are still alive, so the evil warriors must not have

gained ultimate power yet, but I fear we are nearly too late. I have been

to the room of power many times. It always seemed dark and damp to me, not

the type of places that the secrets of the universe should be kept, but The

Sorceress always seemed to feel a sense of security, of belonging there.

In my heart I often felt that I let her down by not being able to feel the

same way about this place when I visited her, and she told me tactical

information about the castle. It is these feelings that tell me that the

power room, really is our duty. On the other hand, I would like to stay

and protect your majesty (speaking to Marlena). Please my friends go stop

the fiends from their goal of power. Well one thing, there is the problem

with Tri-Klops over there (points). I think I can handle him; I have

before, but if I were to fall Marlena, well you know might not be able to

finish the job. Sorry, your majesty. And then there is Angella, another

sovereign who has graced our presence, oh, so much to worry about. There

is one thing that will give me more confidence. Promise that whatever you

do, you will work together. I have trained my guards for years, not only

in offense, but in the equal importance of defense. You all have different

talents, ways to protect each other from magical or physical attack.

She-Ra, with your holy sword, you are the logical choice for a leader.

Even if you do not, think defense, play smart. I only wish I were here

when my guards were attacked. I worry that proper leadership and

cooperation may have yielded enough defense to save Grayskull, which I fear

is doomed. Hurry, perhaps combined efforts will prevail. Good journey."

DM

_______________

Evil-Lyn (as Marlena): Teela is now standing right beside you. You

whisper the Power Word, Kill command, but she hears something. She does

not know what you said, because she does not know arcane. The spell does

not work. Either Hoof has more than 60 hit points, or he has magical

resistance, or any number of other things.

Exactly what spell do you want to use to dissolve the floor for your next

move?, or do you want to do something different?

Hordak, you are now in the Guardian Room with the other evil characters,

except Grizzlor, who has actually entered the power room and is eating a

feast that sprung from the book in the room.

A deep voice comes from the book, but only Grizzlor is close enough to hear

it. "Is there anything else you require?"

Since I have not been told moves, you are presumably arguing among

yourselves. You are able to see the food in the room.

You wonder why the good characters have not come to the room yet.

Evil-Lyn and Tri-Klops, only you see the following things, since you are

still in the Hall of He-Man.

Hordak teleported out of the Hall of He-Man, where all of you are with

Marlena.

Marlena appears to be feeling better now. Even when standing in the

corner, cowering from Hordak, and maybe Tri-Klops, she did not seem

completely lost with fear. Would you expect less from such a strong ruler

and Earth astronaut.

After Hordak, seemingly content with killing a high-level mage with a

single blow, teleported from the room to many of you believe to join with

Skeletor in the room of power, impending attacks on Hordak ceased.

Teela freed herself from Hordak's netting and proceeded to stand with

Marlena. Teela is currently an NPC, as her author is on spring break.

Queen Angella, possibly the wisest ( I do not necessarily mean the stat

wisdom) of Etherians, you realize the danger to yourself by choosing to

resurrect Castaspella. Nevertheless, with not much more than a moment's

hesitation, you turn your path from an interception with the now vanished

Hordak to the pile of ashes and bone a few feet away. You stand still and

upright. The more you concentrate, the brighter a glow around your body

becomes. All the while, you are praying to your deity (the god Zodac, the

good ADD He-Man/She-Ra god). With the greatest reverence in your

conscience you genuflect and lay your hands on the ashes before you. You

are now channeling life force from the very universe itself. The force has

become strong enough in you to reverse the very laws of physics

(thermodynamics) themselves, and your fallen ally begins to reform. First

a gas jet (pure oxygen) shoots from the ashes as they deoxidize. As the

proteins reform, they combine to form the greater molecules of life,

however you have never studied this process because once the recombination

starts it only takes you 2 seconds to see it to its end. Now an amorphous

blob on the floor before you takes the very oxygen it earlier expelled into

itself, and the transformation becomes complete. The fully formed

Castaspella is lying on the floor, and she exhales. Oxygen, seconds

earlier, it was the breath of death, now it is the breath of life.

Castaspella: you are looking up at Angella. You realize what she has just

done for you, and you realize the danger she is now in. You survived the

test for system shock and are restored to full hit points. You may cast

spells, perform combat, whatever.

Queen Angella, on the other hand is unable to cast spells or engage in

combat for one day. She is weak and tired, and she collapses at

Castaspella's feet. She will be able to get up and walk slowly if she

wishes, but most everything that would facilitate combat is off limits.

Teela says, "Well, we are still alive, so the evil warriors must not have

gained ultimate power yet, but I fear we are nearly too late. I have been

to the room of power many times. It always seemed dark and damp to me, not

the type of places that the secrets of the universe should be kept, but The

Sorceress always seemed to feel a sense of security, of belonging there.

In my heart I often felt that I let her down by not being able to feel the

same way about this place when I visited her, and she told me tactical

information about the castle. It is these feelings that tell me that the

power room, really is our duty. On the other hand, I would like to stay

and protect your majesty (speaking to Marlena). Please my friends go stop

the fiends from their goal of power. Well one thing, there is the problem

with Tri-Klops over there (points). I think I can handle him; I have

before, but if I were to fall Marlena, well you know might not be able to

finish the job. Sorry, your majesty. And then there is Angella, another

sovereign who has graced our presence, oh, so much to worry about. There

is one thing that will give me more confidence. Promise that whatever you

do, you will work together. I have trained my guards for years, not only

in offense, but in the equal importance of defense. You all have different

talents, ways to protect each other from magical or physical attack.

She-Ra, with your holy sword, you are the logical choice for a leader.

Even if you do not, think defense, play smart. I only wish I were here

when my guards were attacked. I worry that proper leadership and

cooperation may have yielded enough defense to save Grayskull, which I fear

is doomed. Hurry, perhaps combined efforts will prevail. Good journey."

DM

______________

For the next move, I have noted Hoof's intent to attack Tri-Klops, assuming

he does not change his mind.

You all know that Tri-Klops has future vision. This means he will get the

first attack.

DM

_________________

I don't presume to tell you what to do, but I will remind you of some

defensive spells that can make mage's lives easier.

1. "Foresight"--lets the mage know when something really bad is about to

happen.

2. "Anti-Magic Shell"--negates magic within a certain radius

3. "Prismatic Sphere" A sphere that acts as a powerful defensive barrier

against most attacks. One touch, and most people would be killed instantly.

4. "Prismatic Wall"--similar to the sphere, but with limited height and

width.

5. "Stoneskin"--makes the mage invulnerable to a certain number of

physical attacks.

In He-Man rules, a mage may use only one of these at a time.

________________

Tri-Klops: You know you have future vision. Hoof is considering attacking

you, so I will need your attack or dodge in case he does. You always get

initiative.

DM

______________-

<<

You all know that Tri-Klops has future vision. This means he will get the

first attack.

DM >>

Dammit, oh well. Let him attack me. I'll kick his ass anyway.

Hoof

____________________

I use the magic of "Foresight" to see whats gonna happen if Gizzlor eats this

food, and what is gonna happen to us all.

Skeletor

_______________________

Grizzlor says to the voice in the book, "Make me a giant so my stomach will be bigger and I can eat more."

Grizzlor

_______________

I turn to the others and ask if they are feeling the same tingling

sensation I am?

"I wonder if this coming from Snake Mountain, or the creatures

Stratos saw earlier." I turn to glimmer "Is there any way you could

cast a spell of protection on us that way we won't be affected by

these sensations. It may end up being nothing, but I don't want to

take that chance."

HE-MAN

______________________

Ok! Ill try it.

Points staff at He-Man,(Chants like a rythm) "Zippydy zap, zippdy zoo,

this fight is what we need to win, so lets put on STONE SKIN"

Light envelopes He-Man, as the spell is working.

I do thuis to everyone else

-Glimmer-

(Ok. i know that little poem was really gay, but i though i should do

a little saying like Orko and Maddam Razz do)

___________________

I turn my arm into a grabber, and pull the book away from Grizzlor. "You

stupid beast, wasting MY time on FOOD?!?! Book, make me more powerful

than HE-MAN!!! HAHAHA!!"

-Hordak

__________________

I send A telepathic message to skeletor "skeletor ask the book to give me the

power to give death gazes. Then all of these fools will be toast!"

Evil-lyn

_______________

I skeletor, ask the book to do whatever it takes to get us out of this

situation we are in, and with out any of us(BAD DUDES) becoming hurt or

injured. Yet we are able to flee with all the powers of Greyskull with us.

Skeletor

_______________

Actually, this is about the rpg--I'm back and I'm ready to take

control over my character again. what happened--anything new since your

last post?

Teela

____________________

I walk to the weopons rack and take a sword. I talk to teela "thanks of you

concern, but I have always been a fighter and have not forgoten it's ways.I

was afraid becase Hordak casted and phastamal spell on me. I wasn't hirt but I

was scared'

Evil-lyn

_______________

Marlena grabs a sword from a pile of weapons and says that she has always

been a fighter. She further says that she only seemed so afraid because

she was under a Phantasmal spell from Hordak.

Tri-Klops has not responded to any messages, and he has not responded to my

queries personally, so I believe he has dropped the game.

Hoof, if you want, you can still beat Tri-Klops to a blood pulp if you

would like, otherwise, he will just vanish.

Teela has returned to normal play.

Stratos, you have flown the rest of the way to Snake Mountain. As you come

within a few feet from the structure, the features seem more and more

distorted. You realize that this must be what it would be to fly towards a

painting. Where the Mountain seems to break off, you fly to. You realize

that it ceases to exist because the flat area really is a painting on a

wall. The world seems real enough, but it seems to come to an abrupt end.

Those inside Grayskull hear a booming voice saying simply :The Room of

Power has been breached.

DM

__________________

Skeletor: "Foresight" does not show you exactly what will happen, but it

tells you if something bad is to happen. You do not feel like anything

really bad is about to happen.

Grizzlor, your stomach does not change size, but strangely you never seem

to get full. You are happily eating.

Skeletor and Hordak have both entered the power room. Your wishes have not

been granted. All you hear is a booming voice: One has entered the room

of power with power to utilize its secrets.

DM

___________________

Glimmer, you only have a limited number of spells per level per day. If

you use "Stoneskin" on each of the four of you, you will use a significant

number of spells. This might not be advised given He-Man's abilities,

Statos' flying, and Roboto's power. You can if you want, though. For now,

I will only activate your "Stoneskin" for yourself.

DM

_________________

After hearing what Stratos has seen, I would like to suggest that we

continue on toward this Snake Mountain or whatever it is. Perhaps

there is something behind it that will lead us to some of the

answers we seek about this mystical realm.

I will continue toward Snake Mountain looking for traps along the

way.

He-Man

__________________

"Oh no! Quick, Your Majesty, this way! Stay behind me, if you

can, though! And keep a lookout for Skeletor's cronies!" *starts heading

towards the power chamber*

Teela

_________________

I agree. We must go on. It could solve the answer to this mystery world

we are on.

Roboto

_________________

Dammit!!! If Tri-Klops won't respond, I think you must NPC for him DM.

<Hoof's Player>/Hoof

_______________

You have arrived in the guardian room, and you see the evil warriors

standing around the power room. There is a loud booming voice, as though

the castle itself were speaking to you. You are sure anyone inside could

hear it.

"The Room of Power has been breached by at least one who could master its

power." The Horde Viceroy appears in the center of the room and speaks to

the evil warriors. "You have pleased me somewhat by having the ambition to

pursue power. I present to you the power of the sun. If you use either of

these two identical devices, you will unleash the very power of the sun

onto a 300 mile radius of where you activate it. Beyond the immediate

destruction will be an invisible poison, a poison unknown to either of your

worlds. The poison will last for a hundred million years. What do I want

for this gift that would make Prometheus shake? All I want is for you to

use them, use them well. Perhaps the power of the sun will allow for the

completion of your goals."

DM

_________________

Teela: You have arrived in the guardian room, and you see the evil

warriors standing around the power room. There is a loud booming voice, as

though the castle itself were speaking to you. You are sure anyone inside

could hear it.

"The Room of Power has been breached by at least one who could master its

power." The Horde Viceroy appears in the center of the room and speaks to

the evil warriors. "You have pleased me somewhat by having the ambition to

pursue power. I present to you the power of the sun. If you use either of

these two identical devices, you will unleash the very power of the sun

onto a 300 mile radius of where you activate it. Beyond the immediate

destruction will be an invisible poison, a poison unknown to either of your

worlds. The poison will last for a hundred million years. What do I want

for this gift that would make Prometheus shake? All I want is for you to

use them, use them well. Perhaps the power of the sun will allow for the

completion of your goals."

He-Man and his group have arrived at Snake Mountain itself. You are

standing at the base of the waterfall now. Each of you sees the border

between the mountain and the void. You are not yet to the void. You are

currently still at the waterfall.

DM

_____________

The devices that the viceroy presented were two gray cylinders, each 1 yard

long and a diameter of 12 inches. There are translucent white foam plastic

buttons arranged in an array to form a number pad plus the words cancel and

enter. Above the number pad is an LED display that reads 88:88. The

cylinder appears to be solid, there does not appear to be a way to examine

its contents or otherwise dismantle it. The viceroy sets the two devices

down in the center of the room and vanishes.

DM

________________

*unsure of what she's doing, steps out and dives for the devices*

"I don't know what all this is about, but you guys aren't getting these!"

*starts running* "Catch me if you can!" "Run, everyone!!!!"

Teela

_____________________

Do you understand what the two devices are?

DM

______________-

I [Hordak] pick up the device given to the Evil side (unless I am still

in the other room?) I hold it in the air to claim victory, for I know

that the goodies would NEVER use something that could destroy people...

BWAAAAHAHAHAS <snort>

-Hordak

_______________-

Most of the good characters have all but stopped responding, so I am hoping

to end the game soon. The point of everything up to this point has

culminated in the desired result of your having nukes. If you want to use

them against the good characters soon, I will make certain you will have

the chance. I was hoping to see how your characters would react to this

sudden influx of technological power, but it looks like you will soon be

without opponents. I will answer questions about nuclear defense and other

technical data you may find useful.

DM

________________

Grizzlor looks up from his food and says to Hordak, "Use device' great and mighty one on despicable and worthless planet, and let us return home with our treasure" (he points to the remaining food).

Grizzlor

______________

[Please forward this to the appropriate players}

Faker makes a suggestion to Skeletor. "The secrets of Grayskull and

dominion over this world are far more potent than any technology could

ever be. Use these weapons as a threat, a means of keeping Eternia

under your sway; if we can destroy the planet with a thought, they will

know better than to threaten you."

Faker

_______________

Since we are at the base of the mountain, I turn to roboto "Use your

scanners my friend to see if there are any life forms aside from us in

the area. I don't want to be suprise attacked . My sword can detect evil,

but since there is evil all around us, I doubt it would do much good to

pinpoint it." I yell to stratos "Do you see any open areas around here to

get into the mountain? I believe there is a secert passage behind the

falls." I'm going to check behind the falls to see if there is in fact an

enterance to get in. "Glimmer communicate with Angellica to see what is

going on at Grayskull, its been to long since we've contacted them."

He-Man

_______________

Lets take these devices back home, and we can decide from there whatwe will

do? Is everyone in agreement?

Skeletor

_______________

Still holding the device.

SHUT UP!!! I'LL PULL IT!!! <SNORT>

--Hordak

__________________

He-Man and your group. You do in fact find the entrance to Snake Mountain

behind the falls. You follow a narrow tunnel that leads quickly to

Skeletor's throne room.

In Grayskull, Teela, you run and leap toward the tactical nuke that is

closest to you. At the same time, Skeletor reaches. Teela is able to get

her hands on it before Skeletor can pull it away. Teela's hand hits the 7

and slips to hit the enter key immediately below the 7. This LED display

reads

00:07

00:06

00:05 seconds...

The panel has the 10 numbers, the enter key, and a cancel key.

The weapon weighs about 70 pounds, and Skeletor manages to wrestle it away

from Teela. Hordak retrieves the other weapon without contest.

Faker has called to the Viceroy that the group be sent back to the real

Eternia. He has yet to respond.

DM

___________________

Upon entering the throne room of Skeletor, I draw my sword and look

around for hidden traps. I turn to Roboto "Check to see if any

lifeforms other then us are in the immediate area, I don't want any

suprises and we are trapped in here if they open fire on us." I turn

to glimmer "Alright Glimmer, we're here, now what was so important

that we had to come here."

He-Man

__________________

"OH MY GOD! RUN!!!! Skeletor, hit the cancel key or we'll all

die!!!!! "

*reaches over and tries to hit the cancel key for him, just in

case!*

Teela

___________________-

Teela, you only have a moment to think, and you slap at the cancel button.

First you hit the 9, which moves the clock to 9 seconds. Before it reaches

00:08, You contact the cancel button. The clock jumps to 88:88, and the

display stops counting. Skeletor, you still have the weapon firmly in your

grasp.

The Viceroy's booms throughout the castle. Since you have asked so nice,

and since you have learned your lesson that ambition for power is the

correct rule of life, I grant you your free trip to the real Eternia. See,

all it takes is a little obedience and worship.

He-man, you detect traps. You now notice that the moment you stepped

through the waterfall, you triggered a motion detector. You at the end of

a hall like area just entering the room. You are actually 6 feet from the

throne room itself. Those six feet are three panels along the floor. You

detect that each of them is probably a trigger to some type of trap, but

you do not know what. The tile on the left has a picture of a man bowing

to a pyramid with the moon above. The center tile has the image of a woman

kissing the ground and the feet of a giant human. The final tile shows an

image of two people standing next to each other shaking hands. What do you

do?

DM

_______________-

I try to detect other lifeforms.

Roboto

______________

"Real Eternia?" *puzzled, but still clear on her goal, grabs for

the device again to try and wrestle it out of Skeletor's grasp* "What

does he mean 'Real Eternia,' Skull-head?"

Teela

______________-

I hit the cancel button, quickly. And return to Snake Mountain with all who

came with me. We must reorganize our plans and find out what this canister

does. Then we can go back to Greyscale, since we now know were it is.

Skeletor

_________________

I notice the last tile looking at the two hands shaking. This may mean

friendship, however in Snake Mountain there is no such thing. I look at

the second tile which looks at the woman kissing the giants feet. I

motion for the others to stay behind me and I will look around for some

stones are loose gravel along the floor. I motion for Stratos to fly over

the tiles and get in front of us. "Since we have tripped the motion

detection device, they know we are here. Stratos, be ready to hold them

off since you can fly over these traps, but be careful, if they are too

much for you, fall back here. Glimmer, can you levitate yourself over the

tiles to help stratos while roboto and I try to get across the tiles."

I look around for loose gravel and rocks to throw at the tiles to try

and activate them.

He-Man

___________________

Looking more closely at the tiles, you see at the bottom of each one the

words "There is no passage unless you do what you see."

DM

_______________

Teela, the Viceroy appears to you. "Your enemies have been delivered to

Eternia. You could be taken there too, if you would only bow down to me."

Roboto: The only life you detect is unknown beasts within the bowels of

the mountain. In checking, you inadvertently step on the left-most tile.

It sinks two inches.

DM

_______________

You all have been left at the real Castle Grayskull. You are in one group

directly across the abyss. Hordak and Skeletor each have 1 nuclear weapon.

DM

_________________

I want the POWER!!! Give me the weapon, Skeletor! (my arm becomes a

torch and shoots a flame at Skeletor, knocking the nuclear weapons out

of his hand. I grab it) HAHA!!! The life of this planet is in my hands!

<snort>

-Hordak

________________

You still do not get it do you. All that is necessary is for one of you to

prostrate yourself before me. You have five minutes before I lock you in

my dungeon forever.

DM

________________

I use my magic staff, and cast a spell that will cast him to a different

world, where he'll never return here again. So I now have both nuclear

weapons! And i still reign ALMIGHTY, and the rest of us together will take

care of He-Man for the last time! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Skeletor

______________

Upon looking at the figures on the tiles closer. I see that one of them

shows a woman kissing the feet of a giant. I turn to glimmer. "I need you

to kiss my feet." We have to do as the tiles says in order to pass. This

may be what is required.

TO DM: What do the other tiles read again or describe?

He-Man

_______________-

"Viceroy, it doesn't matter what you do to me, but I'm not gonna

let them take THIS thing to Eternia!"

*stomps on Skeletor's foot, grabs the device, sweeps his feet out

from under him and starts running!*

Teela

________________

HM? I miss somethin' here?

Teela

______________

He-Man, you stand on the tile, and Glimmer kisses your feet as requested.

The tile elevates 6 inches, tilts, and drops you onto the tile of a man

bowing to another. Roboto is already on the tile, and the tile has been

depressed 2 inches.

Hordak, your fire spray does knock the nuke out of Skeletor's hands, but it

activates it for 2 minutes. Further, you have fried the control panel,

rendering it useless. You saw the timer go from 2:00 to 1:59 to 1:58

before it melted, but you are no longer sure if it is still counting. You

estimate 30 seconds have passed. You still hold your own nuclear weapon.

Teela, the viceroy asks you

"Grayskull may soon be the home of hundred million year radiation, and you

are not even there to try to stop it. Why will you not perform a single

act of reverence before me, so I may give you the chance you desire?"

DM

__________________

*frustratingly addresses the viceroy*

"Reverence? What do you mean 'reverence?' What do you want of

me, Viceroy! And what do you mean 'I'm not there?' I'm standing in

it...aren't I?"

Teela

______________

I use teleport without error to teleport the viceroy, hordak and both nukes out

to plainscape or whatever the place is where stuff goes when you put it in a

portable hole. Or something like that.

Castaspella

(What you thoguth I gave up?? I was thinking. A lot. He can only kill me

again. Besides I have a great idea for a character to play inthe NEXT game:)

________________

Since Roboto is already on the tile, I will bow to him and see what

happens. After this is finished, I will await to see what happens next

with my sword drawn and my reflexes ready for anything.

He-Man

________________-

Viceroy: Very well Teela you have your choice of kneel, bow, or curtsey.

Viceroy: Silly girl, powerful magic was not detected at Grayskull, Angella

relayed the message that Snake mountain came to a sharp end, and your

enemies were comfortably found inside Grayskull. What you believe to be

the power room did not give absolute power.

Presumably, you do one of things, and you instantly appear with Hordak and

Skeletor outside Grayskull.

Castaspella, welcome back. You are accelerated to the power room, and you

attempt to lock on to teleport out to the real Grayskull. Unfortunately,

you can not get a lock.

Viceroy: Do you realize how far it is to you minor planet? You never had

any power to return on your own. May I suggest you kneel before me?

He-Man, you bow to Roboto. The tile elevates 6 inches and deposits you

alone on the tile of one person shaking the hand of another.

DM

__________________

*looks around* "All right--I'm outside Grayskull. Hey,

SKULL-FACE, PIG-NOSE, TAKE THIS!!!!"

*runs, punches Skeletor, kicks hordak, takes any nuclear weapons

they have and runs!*

DM: Would the bottomless abyss contain any explosions from such

devices, or would I need to, say, blast 'em into outer space?

Teela

___________________

I cast crystalbrittle on the nukes, and then cast magic missles on them.

Castaspella

______________

Arm transforms to a conon, shoots Teela with a fire ball---possibly

setting off both weapons at the same time?

'Take this you...<snort>...muscle-bound female!!!'

-Hordak

_____________

Since Roboto is next to me, I shake his hand and prepare for what will

happen next.

He-Man

________________

*dodges the fireball*

"Missed!"

Teela

_______________

A bolt of electricity from the ceiling hits your head and takes of 5 hit

points. The tile does not move.

DM

_______________

Shaking a man's hand? Of course, roboto is not a man. I yell to stratos

to come shake my hand. I put my sword over my head in order to deflect

the lighting if I'm wrong.

He-Man

______________

You shake Stratos' hand. A more powerful electric bolt strikes your sword

this time.

DM

_____________

I'll use my wand to cast a lighting bolt on teela.and the same time I'll cast

teleport ont the nukes to send them to the palace(the other one's activated

too right??)!!

Evil-Lyn

________________

Upon hearing this, I slowly float down and land gently on the tile next to

He-Man. I extend my hand and prepare to dart away quickly if this is a

wrong decision.

Stratos

_________________-

I help Evil Lyn out, and create the portal to send these nucleur bombs

somewhere else. It doesn't have to be Greuskull...anywhere. I want to send

em to Greyskull, but most of all I want them to go off, so this retaitation

of Hordak, and evryone else will stop. Theres only one way I want He-Man

destroyed....by my bare hands. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Skeletor

_________________

I wait and think for a moment.....Roboto is not human, Stratos is a

male, but I don't think could be classified as human, and glimmer is

not a male, which leaves only me in our group. "Stand back everyone

and be ready for anything." I put my sword in its scabbard and put

one hand against the other. "I hope this works, I'm running out of

ideas." I put my left and right hand together and shake them.

He-Man

________________

Shoot EvilLyn and Skeletor before they can cast their spells with my

cannon-arm. My objective is to destroy them; no matter what it takes.

<snort> stupid fools!!!

-Hordak

____________________

Evil Lynn and I open the the portal just in time before Hordack shoots at us,

but these nucleur bombs don't go off. We both are taken through the portal,

with both bombs...but not knowing where this portal will take us.

Skeletor

___________________

am I dead??

evil-lyn

__________________

Evil-Lyn perished in the nuclear explosion.

<DM>

_______________

Time passes, and radiation fills hole space since the viceroy has held open

the portal. You are sure you can never go back to Eternia without

suffering radiation poisoning. Perhaps you can find a way to get out of

orbit and onto Etheria.

The waste crew of the royal city of Eternos may be able to clean up the

radiation in as little as 30 years.

The full effect range of the blast is desolate. With a billion tons of

rock upon Grayskull, perhaps evil will finally be dissuaded from seeking

its power. Not being able to hand a mere 2 devices properly, you realize

that evil could never use ultimate power responsibly.

What you do not know is that Grayskull was not destroyed. Its walls

withstood even the pressure of a billion tons.

To prevent the castle from being permanently encased in stone, The

Sorceress cast several horizontal, permanent prismatic walls. As suspended

rocks fall, they will be teleported to hole space rather that compacted

against Grayskull. To do this, The Sorceress had to stay behind. It is

unknown how long it will take her to chart a non polluted path through

holespace so she can leap out. It is also unknown what forces may diffuse

the radiation.

There is not much to describe of the landscape of the blast. The entire

area is littered with brown megaliths, save for piles of rubble where

valleys once existed.

The viceroy tells you . "You know I can have Eternia if I want it." He

teleports you to the surface of Etheria. "I could send you back if you

would proclaim that fighting me has been the greatest honor of your lives."

"Yes, I said fighting, for even the Hordesmen were against me."

The game is over. You believe that the viceroy would keep his word. Only

you can decide if you will finally cave to his demand.

--END--

_________________

Hordak, you were too late in firing upon Skeletor and Evil-Lyn. They

created their portal.

Skeletor and Evil-Lyn: You did not care where you sent the nuclear weapon,

and you are most accustomed to one place. Your random location turns out

to be Snake Mountain.

The second weapon was activated in the attempt of Castaspella to transport

it to holespace, Teela's attempt to send it to the abyss, and Hordak's

attempt to keep it away from Skeletor. The bomb is now lying on the ground.

Unfortunately, what you try to do now is a moot point because a flash of

light fills the sky from afar. You become instantly blind. Your flesh is

burned of your bones in a hurricane force nuclear wind. You know that

Snake Mountain was surely destroyed.

It was always thought that the walls of Grayskull were impregnable. You

never see that the castle remains, but its supports are disintegrated.

Grayskull falls into the chasm, and it is buried by a billion tons of rock.

Being dead, you also do not know that the nuclear blast destroyed the

second bomb before it had a chance to go off, so the palace, well outside

the blast radius is intact with little radiation.

The Viceroy appears to those of you who were not on the real Eternia. You

landscape changes to solid black walls. You are in a room with 3-mile long

walls. All you see is fluorescent lighting. The Viceroy shows you what

has happened to Eternia. "You could have averted this had you merely shown

me proper respect." Now you can not even go to Grayskull with out

radiation protection. I have no use for you who can not even save your

own planet. You may either go to Etheria, or go through this portal that

leads to the outside of Grayskull under tons of rock. Either way, you

could not do it without me.

DM

______________________


RPG 5 Debriefing
 
 Frankly, this campaign did not go well.  This debriefing is meant to look at both the good and bad aspects of the game.  For my part, I must admit that advanced course work and other responsibilities took up the time I needed to spend to make this a success.  After my very successful and extremely popular RPG (RPG 2), I decided to try some things make the game even more in line with "Masters of the Universe" and "Princess of Power" (MOTU/POP).

Due to popular request, I prepared a scenario which would make the game run predominantly on Etheria instead of Eternia.  Unfortunately, on of the main characters decided that the advice given by an NPC which would have initialized the scenario was handily discarded.  When the DM through an NPC offers advice at the beginning of a campaign, it is usually important advice.  Unfortunately, I steadfastly held to my plan of getting the character "Hoof" and the Eternians to Etheria.  Having failed to create an alternative plan, this week of play was tedious.

The next egregious error was my attempt to get players to stay in character.   I ultimately disallowed certain moves from several characters.  I especially disliked the idea of a good character in the MOTU world using an instant death spell.  This caused disagreements about game protocol and turned players away from the game.  This essentially took away the possibility of in-depth character exploration.  On the other hand, these people claim to love MOTU/POP, and I would expect that they would try to keep within the bounds of their characters' psyches.

The original plan also called for a scenario in line with normal MOTU/POP canon. I now believe definitively that pure MOTU/POP can not work in AD&D.  The characters are either too perfect or too evil for most players' taste.  Also, there is the menacing fact that on TV, good always wins.  It takes more than slight modifications to make an Eternian or Etherian scenario function in AD&D.

As in any RPG, there is always the question of too much or not enough hack-and-slash.  I probably should have included more battle sequences.  Instead, time constraints compelled me to avoid lengthy battles.  I do wish that players had used the battle opportunities more wisely.  Mages do not belong on the front line.  A normal mage who goes against Hordak with no protection should expect to die quickly.  Especially with good characters, I expected that offense and defense would be coordinated so that losses would be minimized.  I could give pages of advice about fighting techniques, especially my specialty--mages.

Maybe, the game wasn't as bad as I am making it sound.  Maybe, I am just dissatisfied that my two main expectations, regardless of actual scenario, floundered.  No matter how it happened, the good characters were to come face-to-face with a great evil power whom would demand proclamation of allegiance and prostration.  It was to be hard to tell exactly how much power the entity had, but the idea was that the words and actions could possibly be false.  The end result was to be that the good characters would be effectively isolated from the evil characters until, at least in word, they paid homage to the evil Horde force.  My inspiration for this was an episode in which Orko lost his magic.  He-Man had to beg to help get the magic back, and he proclaimed that there is no dishonor in begging if it would help another.  Only two characters were willing to put their dignity aside, or else, only two understood that it was truly necessary.

The other idea is that the evil characters were to be granted great power in the form of two powerful, dirty nuclear weapons.  I was very disappointed in the way the weapons were treated.  The characters were not very enthused to receive the power, and they did not exhibit ambition consistent with bestowment of power.  The weapons were severely damaged in exchanges with the good characters, and no effort was made to safeguard the devices.  Finally, the timing mechanism of one was damaged, causing it to incinerate Snake Mountain and bury Castle Grayskull.  The power was not used effectively or wisely.

In my effort to avert these outcomes, there was much dry space, I am sure several characters dropped due to boredom in the interlude.

There are two inescapable conclusions to be drawn about the characters as portrayed in this campaign.

1.  If the evil characters got the real power of Grayskull, there is a good chance that either they would self-destruct or that they would not have the ambition to dominate the universe.

2.  There are many good characters, though some probably need their alignments downgraded, but only He-Man and Teela were willing to sacrifice dignity for the cause.

I am very unlikely to DM another email MOTU/POP AD&D game.  I expect that I will never again have sufficient time to create a world as glorious as RPG 2.  I would like to play again, but I will not play The Sorceress.  I felt I did and said most everything I wanted to with her in the first RPG.  In the third, I played her again, but she was quickly becoming a mere hack-and-slasher because I had completed my goals with her before.  I hope to play a powerful evil character, such as Skeletor.  I want to experience the challenge of destroying the good I had previously defended.  Finally, I wish to see the flip side, so that I may gain a complete knowledge of the two sides in MOTU/POP.
 

I sent an email to the players.  The majority of the content dealt with what went well in the game.  The letter is as follows:

Well, it is still June, and I am still away from email.  I have just finished converting the last RPG to HTML, and I thought I would share a few random thoughts.  It has been a month since we finished, and it will be two months before you get this, so this may seem a little incoherent.

The title for the RPG will be "Presentation of Power".

For the good characters, the idea was victory despite humility.  In an episode where Orko loses his magic, He-Man is forced to beg to retrieve it he proclaims that there is no dishonor in begging when it is to help someone.
In the RPG, He-Man came close to getting a fair amount of access to Snake Mountain.  He was willing to bow to other members of his party to activate the floor tiles.  He came close to unlocking the third tile that depicted the shaking of hands.  Unfortunately, he forgot his earlier comment that there is no friendship in Snake Mountain.  He-Man did a good job of trying to put his dignity aside for the good of the planet.

Teela was probably the best role-player in the group.  She successfully portrayed Teela's speech and actions, as well as performing of likely actions.  Ultimately, she was the only one who was willing to prostrate herself before the Viceroy.  In doing so, she was given the chance to go to the real Eternia to stop an impending nuclear attack.  Unfortunately, she was no match for the full contingent of evil characters.

Evil-Lyn had some good plans.  Marlena was, in fact, a transformed Evil-Lyn the whole time.  Receiving cooperation from Hordak and others, she attacked and was attacked convincingly.  Unfortunately, time was wasted that could have been spend going to the false power room that contained a magic book and nuclear weapons.  Surprisingly, the other evil characters did not seem as ambitious to achieve the power as should be expected.  They were told by the Viceroy that even though this was not the real Grayskull, there was power available.

Glimmer, especially toward the end, began using magic pretty well.  There are spells for every occasion, and mages are expected to think about their magic.  Proper use of magic can be the most powerful force in the game, and Glimmer finally learned that mages do not belong on the front lines, but rather, they should use magic to the benefit of the whole group.

Castaspella wanted to use "Crystalbrittle" and "Magic Missile" to destroy the weapons, unfortunately, she did not honor the Viceroy, so she was not on Eternia at the time.  That would have succeeded, because it is possible to destroy most dirty warheads without detonating them.

Skeletor:  you finally got smart and used spells, such as "Teleport" to try to eliminate the nuclear weapons.  If only you had been more specific, the weapons would not have ended up at Snake Mountain.  I am sure you will be more specific in the future.

In the future, if you have the opportunity to handle nuclear weapons, remember not to agitate them.  If you remember how the weapons were almost detonated on several occasions, and one ultimately was detonated, I am sure you will realize that they were not handled responsibly.  There are two main conclusions to be drawn about your versions of the characters, and possibly the real characters, since that is basically what they represent.
 

1.  If the evil characters got the real power of Grayskull, there is a good chance that either they would self-destruct or that they would not have the ambition to dominate the universe.

2.  There are many good characters, though some probably need their alignments downgraded, but only He-Man and Teela were willing to sacrifice dignity for the cause.

Conclusions about the game itself and other notes should be available on my RPG section of my site, by the time you read this.  This was merely meant to describe how the outcomes came to be and what they mean.

Welcome
https://amzn.to/2svjpzi
 
| About | Contact Us | Legal Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Top |
Website Security Test