Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian tv series

The Mandalorian tv series

Coming from Disney for their streaming service. Not about Boba or Jango.
    https://deadline.com/2018/10/star-wa...tt-1202475775/

Interesting that Boba and Jango Fett get a name check but the protagonist does not. Will it be someone we know or with a connection to someone? Will they be force sensitive? Will they be a bounty hunter? A genuinely lone character would be great but realistically thereís gotta be a crew.

Also, this means a seperate Boba Fett film is still a possibility.

Iíve loved all the Disney stuff so far so fingers crossed this is great too. Iíll be subscribing to the new channel at least initially.
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; October 4, 2018 at 12:06am.

While I am no fan of what has become of the franchise under Disney’s stewardship of the brand I do have a tremendous amount of faith in John. Just seeing his pic without Feloni is encouraging. I’d definitely be willing to give this series a shot. I’ve always been a big fan of the lore of Mandalore. Count me in for more.

I’m excited! There are lots of possibilities for this.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I've seen a handful of screen shots around the web that have me interested. I wonder what my options will be for trying to see it.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I've seen a handful of screen shots around the web that have me interested. I wonder what my options will be for trying to see it.
    Subscribe to the new Disney Channel or make friends with someone who has. Wait for the DVD release and try to avoid spoilers until then. Pirate it. Arrr.

I'm really looking forward to this. It was a foregone conclusion the day it was announced that my family would sub for the Disney streaming. I have three little ones and they love Disney Channel stuff and I'm a Star Wars fanatic (yes even the new stuff).

I like the idea of a lone gunman in the Star Wars universe. I'd expect to see familiar faces pop in and out of the show. Would be really neat to see some live action Rebels characters. Spoiler: We know some of them are still present in this time frame. Very interesting that no casting news has been announced.

Anything with Mandalorians in it I’ll watch it. And it’s a live person show. It should Rock.....
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

This image and the names attached to the series have got me very excited about it.

MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Trailer is here:

Heroic Warrior
    We all know The Rise of Skywalker will be better after the deft hand of Rian Johnson has brought us so much unbeatable joy, satisfying wonder, and developed characters whom only only the best writers can create!

But I have hope that The Mandalorian will be pretty good.

I was excited for this when I heard about it but...I don't know. The trailers for the Disney Star Wars films looked good....and look how they turned out. The Mandalorian looks good and I hope it's good.

I cannot wait to see this. Honestly, I've been a little nervous about having live-action Star Wars as a series, but I'm all in after this trailer. Looks like it's going to be as awesome as all the movies have been.

This looks OK but I would've rather had a Boba Fett series like the Obi-Wan we are getting...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    Looks like it's going to be as awesome as all the movies have been.
    It doesn't get more awesome than The Last Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    This looks OK but I would've rather had a Boba Fett series like the Obi-Wan we are getting...
    A Fett series would've been really fun, I think. Have you ready any of the canon books? There's a character named Cobb Vanth who would be great to see on screen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It doesn't get more awesome than The Last Jedi.
    Yep. My second favorite movie after The Empire Strikes Back.

Heroic Warrior

Yep. My second favorite movie after The Empire Strikes Back.
    You have wonderful tastes. Such dynamic, fleshed out characters. Purposeful plot points that carry directly from the previous movie. And it certainly honors the legacy of Star Wars. Also can't forget the creative, laugh-out-loud humor. Four-star movie. Excellent screenwriting. Star Wars done right.

A Fett series would've been really fun, I think. Have you ready any of the canon books? There's a character named Cobb Vanth who would be great to see on screen as well.
    Yea I know him and would loved to see a story about him and Jaster Mereel and maybe some Jodo Kast or Fenn Shysa too...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You have wonderful tastes. Such dynamic, fleshed out characters. Purposeful plot points that carry directly from the previous movie. And it certainly honors the legacy of Star Wars. Also can't forget the creative, laugh-out-loud humor. Four-star movie. Excellent screenwriting. Star Wars done right.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yea I know him and would loved to see a story about him and Jaster Mereel and maybe some Jodo Kast or Fenn Shysa too...
    Oh heck yes!

Heroic Warrior
    Pixel Dan got a reality show ?

Whats next , is he gonna wrestle too , like the Miz
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Just watched the first episode and it's amazing!! There was so many easter eggs in the episode.

I loved the IG team up with the Mandalorian. It was so cool to finally see an IG droid in a live action format, eventhough he was CGI. The cartoons have shown IG droids before but seeing it here was outstanding. Seeing that Kowakian monkey-lizard not only in the cage but the one on the pike was hilarious. I was stunned to see the baby "Yoda." I also noticed the Mandalorian's ship somewhat resembles Jango's ship from the Dark Horse prequel series and Bounty Hunter video game.

How ironic that a 40 minute episode was better than all 4 of the previous Disney Wars movies. It just goes to show you that when you have people who love and understand the property, it makes a hell of a difference. This actually feels like Star Wars and not just some random fanfiction like EP VII and VIII. Just seeing some familiar alien species, something the Disney films have lacked, was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Just watched the first episode and it's amazing!! There was so many easter eggs in the episode.

How ironic that a 40 minute episode was better than all 4 of the previous Disney Wars movies. It just goes to show you that when you have people who love and understand the property, it makes a hell of a difference. This actually feels like Star Wars and not just some random fanfiction like EP VII and VIII. Just seeing some familiar alien species, something the Disney films have lacked, was great.
    Just finished watching. Thought it was great. Felt that the opening scene was a bit rushed and could have used with a few more min to build up that tension but right after it settled into a good pace. Iím hooked and as of now am anxiously looking for ward to the res tod the season.

Agree with your assessment Bonehead. Best thing to come out of Disney SW yet.

The first episode was excellent.

Watched the first episode yesterday. I felt like the first 10 minutes were a bit slow, but man did I enjoy it. Can't wait for Friday's episode.

I am so bummed, I just wrote this long reply to this thread and the board ate it Basically the reason why Disney is so hell bent on getting rid of the original, iconic characters is because Lucas retained the rights to them. This is why Galaxy's Edge featured none of the original characters (and is tanking and being retooled) and why they chose not to use Boba or Jenga.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"