Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Masters of the Universe" #6 (Vol.3) Talkback *SPOILERS*

I thought the issue was good, flowed nicely, artwork was great. DEADLINES suck, I know all about them, I feel your pain. Val you and your staff have done an excellent job with the book and I really hope you guys can somehow save this book, it would really be ashame for this to come to an end like all other MOT stuff. Keep up the fight I know the fans will. You guys are great. Thanks

Heroic Warrior
    hey everyone,

i ain't been here for awhile,but i have been
    keeping up with whats going on,and i know its a
    sad time for all of us motu fans.

i just want to say how much i love the comic,
    the art work,the stories are all awesome.
    #5 and #6 of vol.3 in the best so far.

and if this is the end coming up,i would just like
    to thank val,emiliano,enza,and the rest of the
    staff for their hard work that they put in this
    comic,you guys rock.

michael

If this is Emil and Enza's last issue then I think they ended it on a very high note. Because, the quality of this comic is at a very high level and I feel that it is the best comic out there. And that's as a comic reader, not as a He-Man freak.

Good to hear that we'll see more from them in the future, though.

Now, the comic was so good I read it in in like three seconds. And then I read it again. Then I started hitting myself in the head cause I got so mad at Mattel!!

And spoiler **

Skeletor finally got to DO something!! About time! Even though he got to save the day, I still wanted to seem him blast the living crap out of King Hsss.
    The dirty Snake needs to feel some PAIN!
    And having the Masters come in and whup up some Snake Butt was great.

Good Good Goodness all around. Great Job! and Thanks!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull
    nah, what the Faceless One did to the Power Sword was give it the power to fight Serpos, which we see in the cartoon in the form of the sword opening up and allowing He-Man to tear into Serpos.

ahh yes... can you tell that I never saw most of season 2??
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

The Dark Knight BigDaddy Grayskull's Avatar
    i thought this was a great issue. and honestly id have to say out of all three volumes, this one was my favorite. i tip my hat to val and emilaino for the awesome story. i cant help but wonder how great theyre original plans might have been, if this one is as great as it is despite being the replacement. also emailiano and enza both deserve alot of credit for their beautiful artwork in these books. and finally lori did a great job with the script, im glad they brought her into the mix.

-BDG
    Last edited by BigDaddy Grayskull; September 22, 2004 at 02:00pm.
    By The Power of.... BigDaddy!!

"If you will not hear the Truth, no one can tell you."

Batman:YTB Batman...Yesterday, Today and Beyond! Home of the Internet's Biggest and Best website and forum regarding Batman!

.Org Wrestling Discussion WWE,TNA and whatever else youd like to talk about. The absolute greatest discussion forum for wrestling fans.. ever!

Heroic Warrior

The issue isn't out yet everywhere?

Hey everyone! I went down to the comic store today and they didn't have the new issue... does this have some sort of limited release or something going on? I saw someone posted about this earlier but it wasn't answered.
    Thanks!
    E.Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    We'd like to continue beyond 8.
    But, that's up to Mattel.
    And at this point, I wouldn't expect much.

We'll be trying to find a way, though.
    Emil is working on something for an issue or two for another company.
    That will probably be announced in a few months.
    I can't say what.

And Emil and Enza will probably each have their own series at Image early next year.

just hope you find a way to continue the story someplace

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    We'd like to continue beyond 8.
    But, that's up to Mattel.
    And at this point, I wouldn't expect much.

We'll be trying to find a way, though.
    Emil is working on something for an issue or two for another company.
    That will probably be announced in a few months.
    I can't say what.

And Emil and Enza will probably each have their own series at Image early next year.
    I just hope that the comic makes its way back to florida while it's still in production. For some reason, it's not even on my comic shop's receiving list for this week or next week, and they DID order it. I guess i'll check around over the weekend and see if anyone else has it.

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    I got mine tonight, as well as the Vol. 1 TBP that reveals the absolute HELL Val and Emiliano went through to get the license in the first place.

This issue was a spectacular end to an AWESOME story. And one of the most depressing books I have ever owned. It just can't end. It can't!!

I wish Emil and Enza all the best and will pick up their new comics just based on their artwork alone. A 5 minute sketch by E & E done while blindfolded, is still better art than 3/4 of the comic artists out there. Most of the MOTU comics are at George Perez in his prime level of art. Great wrap up to the story, as well, Leanne! I still am not sure if Keldor is the cloaked one or not, damn you!

The tidbits revealed by Faceless One were interesting. Neat lead-in to Episode 39. It makes me want to watch ep 38 again, re-read the series, then watch ep 39.

Dr. Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    I got mine tonight, as well as the Vol. 1 TBP that reveals the absolute HELL Val and Emiliano went through to get the license in the first place.
    Yeah man, I had a peek at that myself. I may just buy it for those last few pages. There's some great stuff in there. And where did Emiliano pull that alternative style out of!!?? I really dug that!!

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy
    And where did Emiliano pull that alternative style out of!!?? I really dug that!!
    Which time? Which of the what 3? 4? style changes he had to go through..

Dr. Omega

I know, pretty amazing stuff. I had never seen that style of his before. All I saw was the homecoming and the current comic. I was not aware that he could bend his style like that. Very talented chappie our Emiliano.

I know the art is fantastic and it's sad to see the comic going on a possible definite hiatus but.............

my cries for spoilers have gone unanswered.........
    I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Crotalus atrox
    I know the art is fantastic and it's sad to see the comic going on a possible definite hiatus but.............

my cries for spoilers have gone unanswered.........
    Lyn is saved but still inconsious by Skele who shows a not out of character soft side.
    Faceless one and He-man have a wee chat in a white room. Faceless one knows more about He-man than He-man himself. Faceless one splits the sword. Favourite bit, great dialog!
    Some good fight sequences between snakes and heroic warriors.
    King Hiss gets Amulet to release serpos. Continues in cartoon.

Man go buy the comic!!

The signature at the end killed me. Somehow, I didn't think the end would really come. Well at least things are ending in top form. This issue ended the current story arc perfectly. I didn't find it rushed, and I thought I would going in. I was really happy with the interaction between He-Man and the Faceless One and then He-Man and Skeletor. And you even figured out a way to sort of redeem FO after all. I didn't expect that! I don't know how to thank you guys for this comic. I'm buying every issue, I'm buying duplicate copies, and I'm buying back issues at my local store. I'll buy the hardback versions of Vol's 1 and 2 from the He-Store as well. I'm not even much of a comic book collector, but I've been following this like a dog after chocolate, and still it's going away.

Seeing Emiliano's sig there at the end... I kinda wanted to cry.
    It's good to hear he and Enza will be continuing with comics. I'll buy whatever they produce next.
    They're excellent people, fabulous artists, and good friends here on the boards.

I can't wait for the day I get to see more MOTU art done by them. I know I'll see it someday, somehow.

Great issue guys!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

So. Damn. Good.

Thank you.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

For some reason I couldn't find this issue at my local comic book shop.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    I'm in the same boat you are! my comic book shop said it was ordered, but that it wasn't scheduled to come in this week or next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    Mine had it, but didn't have the Volume I TPB or Hardback that I ordered.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

just got the comic and read it. it was a good overall issue but i felt it didn't end well because it is continued in the toon. still, i can see why you didn't re-write ep 39 into a comic format though.

sad to see this is coming to an end. hopefully it won't though.

btw, i absolutely love that keldor cover! maybe one of the best so far!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    my shop only got 1 copy i managed to get it, all i want to say

*claps*
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

I just bought issue #6 and read it as soon as I got home. The art was gorgeous. The story had heart. It was evil and wicked. It had hope and redemption.

What can I say? The best story arc IMO.

I hope the series can continue after Issue #8.

I'm still not clear on some of the issues, such as whether Mattel doesn't want the comic to continue period, or if the restrictions make it too difficult to continue, and trying to continue is butting your head against a wall. Oh well. Here's wishing everyone the best, and if it does continue, I hope that Emiliano and Enza can continue as the artists......
    I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time...

Heroic Warrior Accident of Earth's Avatar
    All I can say is, I think Issue 7 and 8 will definitely feel anticlimactic.

Having Skeletor walk off the way he did and seeing Emiliano's parting comment would be satisfactory closure given the circumstances.

Thanks for the ride.

- AoE

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Let me begin by saying that Emiliano and Enza's work was breathtaking, as usual! They've done for the new line what Bruce Timm did for its predecessor.

Secondly, let me say that, like everyone else, this one left me with a lingering feeling of sadness--knowing that the end is coming in just a couple of issues...unless Mattle realizes the error of their ways.

As for the issue itself, it was a good conclusion to this tale. Did anyone else notice, at the end, that Skeletor--while still supporting Evil-Lyn--seemed to be having an exchange with the Faceless One? I wonder what the three of them could have been communicating--either silently or vocally?

Lastly, revitalizing a debate that started after the last issue and that has still not been put to rest, I still do not think that it was Keldor who rescued Baby Lyn and obtained the Havoc Staff from the Faceless One. Aside from the reasons I stated in that thread--the lack of facial hair, the armbands, etc.--I have a new reason:

In issue 6, it seemed to me that Skeletor did not know his staff was a key to Despondos, even though the cloaked figure in issue 5 was certainly aware of this fact. If Skeletor was aware of it all along, why would he have had to ask the Faceless One to "Explain."

Also, in the comics, when Skeletor speaks the edges of the dialogue bubbles are always colored in (usually red or purple). When the cloaked figure in issue 5 spoke, the person had a "normal" voice. Of course, that could be attributed to his impending tranformation to Skeletor, but that's just MHO.

Kudos MVC Gang for a continued job well done!
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!