Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official "Masters of the Universe" #6 (Vol.3) Talkback *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2
    Let me begin by saying that Emiliano and Enza's work was breathtaking, as usual! They've done for the new line what Bruce Timm did for its predecessor.

Secondly, let me say that, like everyone else, this one left me with a lingering feeling of sadness--knowing that the end is coming in just a couple of issues...unless Mattle realizes the error of their ways.

As for the issue itself, it was a good conclusion to this tale. Did anyone else notice, at the end, that Skeletor--while still supporting Evil-Lyn--seemed to be having an exchange with the Faceless One? I wonder what the three of them could have been communicating--either silently or vocally?

Lastly, revitalizing a debate that started after the last issue and that has still not been put to rest, I still do not think that it was Keldor who rescued Baby Lyn and obtained the Havoc Staff from the Faceless One. Aside from the reasons I stated in that thread--the lack of facial hair, the armbands, etc.--I have a new reason:

In issue 6, it seemed to me that Skeletor did not know his staff was a key to Despondos, even though the cloaked figure in issue 5 was certainly aware of this fact. If Skeletor was aware of it all along, why would he have had to ask the Faceless One to "Explain."

Also, in the comics, when Skeletor speaks the edges of the dialogue bubbles are always colored in (usually red or purple). When the cloaked figure in issue 5 spoke, the person had a "normal" voice. Of course, that could be attributed to his impending tranformation to Skeletor, but that's just MHO.

Kudos MVC Gang for a continued job well done!
    or that speech bubble thing could have been a complete give-away to the mystery but i agree that it wasn't keldor, especially with his lack of knowledge about his havoc staff.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Woooooooow, that was sooo fantastic. I loved the characterization in this issue, ESPECIALLY of Skeletor. The blurp on the last page was extremely depressing though. It's a shame when I finally get into the comic Mattel steps in. Thanks so mcuh for the ridiculous amount of work you all did to keep this comic alive it definately means a lot.
    E.Phoenix
    P.S. Is there anything you would like us to do to help? Write Mattel? Call the Apprentice and ask Donald Trump to buy Mattel for us?

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    Great wrap up to the story, as well, Leanne!
    Eh? I didn't do anything... I think.

Though I am the one who suggested that Emil draw a Keldor cover for this ish. And it turned out fantastically! Woo hoo!

But, um... Next month (or whenever) when issue #7 comes out... Try to be easy on the art, guys. Seriously. I wish I had the talent of people like Emil and Enza!

Take care,
    Leanne

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    This was a fantastic issue! I loved every panel. It leads nicely into episode 39. It was cool to see Skeletor save Evil-Lyn, but I think there was more to that action than Skeletor showing his 'soft side'. I think something else may have been happening there, but alas, I do not know what. Perhaps someday we will know. The art was awesome, as always. Emiliano's signature at the end was sad.

I look forward to the next (last? ) two issues.

Pennypunk
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca

Though I am the one who suggested that Emil draw a Keldor cover for this ish. And it turned out fantastically! Woo hoo!

But, um... Next month (or whenever) when issue #7 comes out... Try to be easy on the art, guys. Seriously. I wish I had the talent of people like Emil and Enza!

Take care,
    Leanne

I'm looking forward to it! Even though, I haven't seen your work. I know Val is a stickler and wouldn't let anyone who wasn't up to par step up to the plate.

And the hooded person is probably that cranky blue ***** from the council. She was mean enough to be Keldor's mom. So, she gave the stave to him. And she had a child with Randor's father. King Miro. Maybe, she pulled a Morgan la fay on him!

I also saw Skeletor talking to the Faceless One as He-Man woke up. But, I don't think we'll ever know what they said to each other....

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah
    Got it.

it's like hanging out with a dying friend, you treasure the moments but you know that they will be gone too soon.
    Oh geeze....please, PLEASE don't EVER compare a comic book or ANY other form of entertainment to a dying friend again.

I don't mean to preach, but that just struck me wrong.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I thought it was a good issue - nice wrap-up and all. Kudos.

You title is just as depressing at Emiliano's note to the fans on the last page of issue 6.

pick up the issue today. great issue and wrap on the story.
    Masters of the Universe Fan for Life

My Feedback:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Jemabo2

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca
    Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    Great wrap up to the story, as well, Leanne!

Take care,

Leanne

Oh dear! This is so embarassing...

I meant to compliment Lori. I sincerely apologize. I have been really exhausted lately and transposed your names.

So to restate, Lori, you did a great job with the script.

You do a great job too, Leanne, and I can't wait to see your Stratos issue!

Once again, sorry for the mix-up!

Dr. Omega

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Hey, no biggie. I thought that's what you might have meant when I re-read your post after I wrote mine

Take care,
    Leanne

Did anyone else notice, at the end, that Skeletor--while still supporting Evil-Lyn--seemed to be having an exchange with the Faceless One? I wonder what the three of them could have been communicating--either silently or vocally?

yeah, I noticed that too - I wanted to know what they were talking about!!

In issue 6, it seemed to me that Skeletor did not know his staff was a key to Despondos, even though the cloaked figure in issue 5 was certainly aware of this fact. If Skeletor was aware of it all along, why would he have had to ask the Faceless One to "Explain."

why do you think that? He didn't react... The Faceless One was saying that as a matter of fact only... and for exposition -- so WE would know
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    You could very well be correct, bcrduke, I still have my doubts though about Keldor being the hooded figure. I guess, unless the line continues, this will go down as being one of those confounded mysteries like "Who is Teela's father?"

I hate mysteries, LOL!
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Pollex Christi
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan
    or that speech bubble thing could have been a complete give-away to the mystery but i agree that it wasn't keldor, especially with his lack of knowledge about his havoc staff.
    True that the speech bubble wasn't Skeletor's, but perhaps that's because it wasn't Skeletor. That doesn't mean it wasn't Keldor.

Also, Skeletor wouldn't have to be ignorant about the Havok Staff's power not to know what The Faceless One was talking about. It needed to be there to fill in the audience's understanding of the situation. However, it also needs to be there because apparently Skeletor wasn't exactly thinking about saving Evil-lyn until it was suggested to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi
    True that the speech bubble wasn't Skeletor's, but perhaps that's because it wasn't Skeletor. That doesn't mean it wasn't Keldor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollex Christi

exactly

Also, Skeletor wouldn't have to be ignorant about the Havok Staff's power not to know what The Faceless One was talking about. It needed to be there to fill in the audience's understanding of the situation. However, it also needs to be there because apparently Skeletor wasn't exactly thinking about saving Evil-lyn until it was suggested to him.

also true, although I tend to think that when Skeletor says, "Explain," to the Faceless One, he means, explain why you are performing this particular ritual and why, why are we in these chairs, why do you need the staffs, etc...
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

princess_of_power
    Great issue as always! Can't wait for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra
    Oh geeze....please, PLEASE don't EVER compare a comic book or ANY other form of entertainment to a dying friend again.

I don't mean to preach, but that just struck me wrong.
    sorry if that bothered you, but i was trying to convey a feeling i had...having the comic was a highlight in what has been a VERY crappy few years for me...the toyline and toon too. I guess the friend thing was overly dramatic, but as i said for me It feels like i am losing something special. esp sincealmost everything is gone. again the firend thing may have been too much, but there is an emptiness for me....
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

A shipment of this book got accidentally sent to Australia, so I got to pick it up. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and I hope the hiatus is only temporary.
    Only thing that got to me was the overuse of sound effects, particularly in speech bubbles *groan* etc.
    Otherwise fantastic.

It's all relative to the reader.
    You personally didn't like that many sound effects.
    I personally felt it could use more.

Hi friends, I don't have MOTU #6 in Peru yet but I'm really sad about the fate of the comic. I enjoyed every issue, you are doing a great job with the comics Lori, Emil, Enza, Val.

Great read but...

why didn't we see Skeletor's face as he was leaving with Lynn? In all the panels after the big ka-boom spell we see either his back or his face is completely shrouded. Did he turn back into Keldor as implied by the Faceless One and this issues cover or am I reading too much into this?

Anyway, great job on the book.

p.s. Val where are you in Virginia?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    You title is just as depressing at Emiliano's note to the fans on the last page of issue 6.
    Well, what do you suggest I change it to?

OW:

I don't think you should.
    It's quite accurate. Just depressing, that's all.

maczero:

Lynchburg

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    It's all relative to the reader.
    You personally didn't like that many sound effects.
    I personally felt it could use more.
    To each their own. I didn't mean it as a personal insult though, just my opinion. Otherwise I really enjoyed it, I wish we got more over here!

Heroic Warrior
    Great Issue!

Volume 3 has just been terrific all around!!!