Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official "Masters of the Universe" #6 (Vol.3) Talkback *SPOILERS*

Still not got my copy of issue 6 from he-store yet but my local comic store has it in, i was so tempted to stand there and read it all in the shop, i just cant wait to read it.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar

onomatopoeia

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    It's all relative to the reader.
    You personally didn't like that many sound effects.
    I personally felt it could use more.
    I dunno. I like Sound FX in comics, but I'm a tad leary of them, as I suffered some hearing loss in my eyes after Simonson's run on Thor in the 80's

Dr. Omega

I enjoyed this story arc very much...I particularly liked the line in issue 6 where the Faceless one is talking to He-Man about how the Elders have sent him running around with very little info...
    You did this comic a great justice Val & co., & I will be sending you my submissions soon, I hope to meet you all one day.
    ~Jafaristew

I loved the story......I'd still love the opportunity to name it if it came out in trade paperback, but it looks like that won't be any time soon....if at all....
    I'd sell my soul, my self-esteem, a dollar at a time...

Heroic Warrior
    finally!

My comic shop got this issue in! They had a problem with their distributor. Great issue as usual, and the sign off at the end really put a period on this run of MotU for me, I just hope it truely isn't the end. On a side note, Got my .org exclusives of issues 5 and 6 yesterday! Awsome covers!!

Good luck everyone involved with producing this comic.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Gotta add my two cents to the entire storyline.

While I enjoyed most of the issues, I gotta say that the basic story of Evil-Lyn dieing kinda disappointed me, because it sometimes seems to serve only as a background to tell the origin of the Faceless One and add further details that lead the "big story Mattel canned". Thus, it didn't surprise me that I enjoyed #5 the most.

I thought it was a bit unbelievable that the Snake Men got into Snake Mountain all that easy. IMO, it would make more sense if it was explained at least in one sentence by King Hiss that Snake Mountain still has tons of secret entries only the Snake Men know about.
    Sadly, Skeletor's behavior in #6 seemed absolutely unbelievable to me. I know you like to go different courses than the cartoon since it can add more depth to the characters. But for me as a fan, it's kinda impossible to think that Skeletor would let Evil-Lyn get through with a 2nd(!) betrayal, only because he still might have some feelings for her deep inside. At the very least, I would've expected him to say something like 'yet I still have some good use for you' instead of the 'I cannot'. "Revealing" that there's some part of Keldor still left in Skeletor is fine. But this 'I cannot' sequence went a bit too far at this point for me.

Once again, I enjoyed the artwork very much. It's great to see how well Emil's and Enza's styles work together while both still differ from each other significantly enough. My only sore part is that it looks to me as if several pictures got used several times (like the palace dinner on page 1 of #4, f.e.). I assume, that was done in order to save time so you could get all issues finished without a massive delay. It still somewhat disspointed me to see background characters standing and sitting in the exact same positions in some pics.

However, several other parts such as Man-E-Faces "acting" and the "semi-fiendship" between Kobra Khan and Rattlor were as fun to read as Fisto kinda appearing like a "first shoot, then ask" guy while his brother is the exact opposite. The Faceless One's motivation to help the Snake Men (in the flashback sequence) was done very well, and I liked that there was added some depth to King Hiss who apparently seemed to care about the fate of his race.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly
    Gotta add my two cents to the entire storyline.
    My only sore part is that it looks to me as if several pictures got used several times (like the palace dinner on page 1 of #4, f.e.). I assume, that was done in order to save time so you could get all issues finished without a massive delay. It still somewhat disspointed me to see background characters standing and sitting in the exact same positions in some pics.
    I know sometimes this can be kinda annoying but stating panels is something very common, that dinner is a perfect example, we did it on purpose.
    But of course, on issue 6 we reused some stuff too, even if I don't remeber it was that much, mostly backgorunds I guess
    Last edited by Emiliano; September 24, 2004 at 11:17am.

Really is Skeletor
    Sadly, Skeletor's behavior in #6 seemed absolutely unbelievable to me. I know you like to go different courses than the cartoon since it can add more depth to the characters. But for me as a fan, it's kinda impossible to think that Skeletor would let Evil-Lyn get through with a 2nd(!) betrayal, only because he still might have some feelings for her deep inside. At the very least, I would've expected him to say something like 'yet I still have some good use for you' instead of the 'I cannot'. "Revealing" that there's some part of Keldor still left in Skeletor is fine. But this 'I cannot' sequence went a bit too far at this point for me.
    Are you sure the 'I cannot' was about Keldor's feelings for Evil-Lyn?
    Tyler J Maciolek

Quote Originally Posted by tylerm23
    Are you sure the 'I cannot' was about Keldor's feelings for Evil-Lyn?
    Unless you or someone else can tell me something better? Yes.

Geez, Sir Reilly, you just not read many comics!
    Stating has been around forever in comics!
    People stat scenes with minor character changes alllllll the time.

Geez, Sir Reilly, you just not read many comics!
    Stating has been around forever in comics!
    People stat scenes with minor character changes alllllll the time.
    Well 4,000 comics of all sizes and length maybe ain't all that much. Or it's because a huge bunch of my collection is full of European stuff where it doesn't seem to be as common as in the US (I'm serious, maybe it's indeed like that).
    I have nothing against same backgrounds, but it bugs me when characters in the backgrounds don't move. The stats in Vol.III were pretty obvious ones for me because of that.
    I don't wanna tell you that you should've done it differently. I just wanted to give my personal feedback about it. And since nobody mentioned it before, it obviously doesn't bug anybody else, anyway.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; September 24, 2004 at 05:04pm.

[QUOTE=Sir Reilly]Well 4,000 comics of all sizes and length maybe ain't all that much. Or it's because a huge bunch of my collection is full of European stuff where it doesn't seem to be as common as in the US (I'm serious, maybe it's indeed like that).

Yeah, in Europe is not that common
    As you probably cna imagine it has to do with the monthly deadline.
    Often saving time is the most important thing.
    I thinks readers accept that because they know that's how it works in US.

I have nothing against same backgrounds, but it bugs me when characters in the backgrounds don't move. The stats in Vol.III were pretty obvious ones for me because of that.
    That's true.
    Well, not all the stats works well.
    They have to be choosen carefully, and I can admit not all of those we did in vol.III are the perfect choice.
    Crowded scene are usally bad choices

This issue, and entire storyline, was briliant. Was this Val's writing? It was great. Showing the 'human' side of skeletor worked really well. The faceless one suggesting that He-Man/Adam knew very little about what it is all about to be He-Man was also a great touch. It was one of the few times you really see the connection between Adam and He-Man (which even the cartoon doesn't do).

I've enjoyed all three volumes fo this comic, but volume three is a class above the others. Very subtle in places, it went that extra step further win character development.

Heroic Master of Toys
    I think I either found a mistake or something deliberate due to deadlines. But before that I want to say I've loved these comics since volume 1 and I'll be immensely sad to see them end with so much potential out there. That said, when Skeletor made the big boom for Evil Lynn, there should have been more generic snakemen lying on the floor unconsious or hanging around. The General Rattlor told some of them at one point to go outside to see if there are more attackers, then Teela kicks in the door. After that a few are still seen in the room up until Skeletor did his thing. I counted only one in the bottom of the panel. There should have been at least 4 altogether. I'm only talking about that one 2-page spread where Skeletor heals Evil Lynn, because after that the Faceless One says the Snakemen left and took the amulet. So it makes sense that they'd take their dead or unconscious warriors with them. Can we attribute their absence to cowardice and they fled off panel in that brief window of time?

I'm highly looking forward to the next 2 issues (and many more someday).

both issue five and six were good. Sad to see we won't be getting much more.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Totally agree, I suppose that everyone has his own idea of how is each character (specially the favourite character!), but that "I cannot" seems to me a too sentimental phrase how to be said by Skeletor .
    Aside from that I would have liked to see him blasting King Hiss ass, but this is a desire that I hope to see satisfied some day .

Clearing that, I have to say that this storyline is really cool, with a script that we would never have seen in the animated series. And the art.. what I can say that it has not been said already? Totally amazing. Like always.

Well I finally caught up. Overall I have a love it/hate it relationship with this story ark. Probably rank it 7/10 overall, with some tweeks it would be upgraded to 9/10.
    Are the next two issues stand alone?

Yep, they are stand-alone.

I'm pretty proud of Issue 7. I enjoyed writing it.
    Leanne got to live out a dream to draw an issue about Stratos. I already know her art probably won't settle with some of you, but she has a completely different style.
    Also, I'm openingly admitting upfront, some of the dialogue is a bit campy.
    But it's hard to tell a story like the one in 7 without a bit of the dramatic overtones.
    I think most everyone is going to enjoy Stratos' origin.

Issue 8 was plotted out by Emiliano and the script was written by rmfoley, and is the last issue for now.
    It's a fun upbeat story about Orko that end in, what I feel, is a good closing point for the story in case we can't continue.
    It's not closure. But I think it's a well rounded, fun story that reflects what MOTU was about for all of us growing up.

It's not closure. But I think it's a well rounded, fun story that reflects what MOTU was about for all of us growing up.

Sounds like a nice way to end it....
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

mmm.. sounds good. It'll be quite refeshing to see a non-snakemen story. From what i've seen, Leanne stuff seems pretty cool. Any tasters at all?

Issue 8 was plotted out by Emiliano and the script was written by rmfoley, and is the last issue for now.
    It's a fun upbeat story about Orko that end in, what I feel, is a good closing point for the story in case we can't continue.

I read in the description on here or some comic previews page that this issue would reveal secrets about Eternia's past and about Orko's race's involvement in Eternia's history (obviously Trollans have been a part of that history... the Oracle)...

is this still the case? will we get some answers to some questions??
    -Brian

I HATE that this comic is ending... Mattel is just mean
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Leanne got to live out a dream to draw an issue about Stratos. I already know her art probably won't settle with some of you, but she has a completely different style.
    Yep. I'm seriously waiting for the fan backlash when my issue comes out.
    I don't have a detailed style like Emil and Enza. I've never had a style like that, and probably couldn't do it at length if I tried.

So... Try not to be TOO harsh, guys

Take care,
    Leanne

Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca
    Hey, don't be pessimistic. We haven't seen it yet. Sure you will have critics (that's a given) but if you are talented enough to have been given a chance then I'm sure that most hear should agree when they see it.

Everyone has their own style. If we were all the same then it would be boring. I will wait until I see it until I say anything about it. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Give us a taster then Leanne!!

Hooked on Substance D Machine Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StratosMacca
    I've always liked your art Leanne, and I'm looking forward to reading a Stratos origin story. Personally I can't wait!