Thread: Request for Keldor owner (simple)

jjforbus

Request for Keldor owner (simple)

Hello! I have a request for an owner of a Keldor with some degree of aptitude with drafting/design drawing. For those of us who either want a nice cape for Skeletor or a custom Keldor, would one of you lucky souls be so kinds as to draw the pattern/template for the cape with dimensions (length, width, angle, position & size of sword slit, etc)? Or, if you're not skilled in such matters, I can do it with a scan of the cape right beside a scale or a ruler. Or, heck, maybe such a reference already exists, and you can point me to it (I've looked and haven't found anything, but that doesn't mean it isn't out there).

Thanks in advance,
    John

How about a full size scan?

Everyone needs a Keldor cape....

Really is Skeletor
    What material is the cape made out of? Any idea where someone could buy some or a close substitute?
    Tyler J Maciolek

It is a spandex like material. I find the simplest method (for spandex) is to cut out the pattern, then scotch tape it to the fabric. Cut out the taped pattern and remove any excess tape. This this helps prevent possiable fraying.

Wasn't there someone here who was supposed to make up custom capes for our figures?

As I recall, he got hit pretty bad by the Florida storms, and that's the last I recall hearing from him.

jjforbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    How about a full size scan?

Everyone needs a Keldor cape....
    Keen! I can scale that based on the holes for the armor attachement. Thanks a bunch. If anyone wants the finished dimensions when I get them done, let me know and I'll proved the schematic.

Thanks again,
    John

Really is Skeletor
    Any info to make it easier to replicate, that's my motto.

Well no, actually, it isn't... but it works in this context.
    Tyler J Maciolek

Skywarp_TPK
    Quote Originally Posted by jjforbus
    Keen! I can scale that based on the holes for the armor attachement. Thanks a bunch. If anyone wants the finished dimensions when I get them done, let me know and I'll proved the schematic.

Thanks again,
    John
    Your Fellow Warcraft player would like to know the deminions.

jjforbus
    OK, I've taken the scanned image that Steph posted, measured the hole spacing on the Skeletor armor and the spacing shown in the image (which is scaled down about 35%) and properly scaled the dimensions to arrive at a fully-dimensioned pattern.

So, here's the pattern. It should make a fairly accurately-sized cape for Skeletor or custom Keldor. Try it out and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
    John

i got a few custom capes for my custom skeletor & king randor figs. i just can't remember who did them for me???

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback