Thread: Which items never hit retail in the U.S.?

Which items never hit retail in the U.S.?

Which toys in the MOTU relaunch were never seen at brick and mortar stores in the U.S.? I'm looking for a list... I know the Dragon Walker eventually showed up at Big Lots, for instance. But how about the Battle Station? Battle Bones? Spit Bull?

Thanks,
    Wakko

Heroic Warrior
    I saw spitbulls at shopko...

Brilliant but Lazy... Skipperbecks's Avatar
    I think the US got everything cept for the Snake Armor He-man wave a beyond, no?
    Luck is one of my Skills

[MOTU Albums] [DVD Collection] [Email Skipperbecks]

I got 100 problems, 1 more than Jay-Z

if you are talking about places like TRU, KB, Target, and Walmart, then the last thing that showed up in my area (Fargo, ND at the time) was one case with the Ram man repaint. My area did not see the battle station, Greyskull 2.0, dragon walker, or the spitbull. My area also had a big lots which carried none of what I just mentioned. I found two evil lyns at a Gordman's back in late August of '03, and I did find, and they are still there, some snake wave figs at Media Play.
    "I've got a behind, it's super heroic, and I'm about to shake it!"

I think the Mechas and Claw Attack Stratos were the only ones that never got to the US. SA He-man, IA Skelly, Blood Skeletor, Battle Stations and the Spitbull were at least available through AFX and the He-Store. Were Battle Bones available wide spread?
    "Goodbye Major Cinnemonbun!! I will always remember your buttery goodness!!"

"Your power is impressive Greyskull."

Ring of Fire
    We got Roboto at wal-mart and at TRU.

The rest we got at eplanet. Thats about an hour away

Everything was available at some brick store or another in the US accept for the wave with repaint Man-E-Faces, repaint Sy-Klone, Smash & Trap Orko, (& the green carded versions that came with those assortments, IA He-Man, Stealth He-Man, Buzz-Off) the Mecha Blade He-Man/Skeletor & Beasts -Battle Cat/Panthor, Battle Bones, Snake Armor He-Man, Claw Attack Stratos, repaint Mekaneck, (green carded repaint villians Beast Man, Mer-Man, & Trap-Jaw) Ice Armor Skeletor & repaint Skeletor 2...I have seen everything else between Media Plays, Kay-Bees, & Newbury Comics stores.
    ~Jafari Stew
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Around here in South Jersey we got everything up until the Snake men. We where cut off right before then.

megazord444
    It was the same here in Michigan as it was in South Jersey. There was not one Snake Men item released. Dragon Walker and Grayskull 2.0 I was able to order thru Sears.com (I believe you can still find both on that site) but other than those two items, all else I had to go online to find for shamefully big bucks when ya consider what they were originally supposed to retail for.$$$ $$$

Here, we got cut off right before the snake waves, but there were still a few things we never got: Battle Station & Roboto (I used to check everyday at just about every store. I don't think he ever showed up.) The only thing in the snake release I ever found in a store was the puzzle at the mattel outlet store in Dallas.
    This is how the world ends.

In South Central PA, we also got cut off right before the Snakemen.

Mattel really dropped the ball on that, the Snakemen theme was a really cool concept that could have pushed MotU throught the roof. I always say it looks like they had a big promotion in mind, but opted to not do it in the very end. Stupid Mattel.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

here in chgo, il. i've never seen spitbull, battle station or battle bones in stores, then again i live in the city w/ only target, walmart, tru & kb toys, so it's a possibility that other parts of il. got them that had meijer's and other big stores???

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Same here, we didn't recieve anything after the repaint case that included Evil-Lyn. Not a single Snake Men item, no Battle Station, no Dragon Walker. We did finally get the Roboto assortment and Grayskull 2.0 when KB started getting the clearance figures in earlier this year, but that's it.

Heroic Warrior
    And obviously the prototypes of Sorceress, etc., were not released in the U.S. - just a sad reminder.
    ne jabba no badda!

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    NE Pa got up until 1st wave snake men at Aldis then died off for a time them sprung back up on discount. Just last week while x-mas shopping I stopped at the local KB and tehy had a massive supply of slime pits and Battle Stations on sale. As of right now I have everything in the US w/the recent purchase of She-Ra via e-bay but other then that I haven't seen or heard about anything remotely helping w/snake armor He-Man, etc.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by megazord444
    It was the same here in Michigan as it was in South Jersey. There was not one Snake Men item released. Dragon Walker and Grayskull 2.0 I was able to order thru Sears.com (I believe you can still find both on that site) but other than those two items, all else I had to go online to find for shamefully big bucks when ya consider what they were originally supposed to retail for.$$$ $$$

Actually, Media Play carried the first wave of the Snake Men.

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss
    Just last week while x-mas shopping I stopped at the local KB and tehy had a massive supply of slime pits and Battle Stations on sale.
    Really, Battle Stations at KB?! Are you certain? I've seen tons of Slime Pits, Bashin' Beetles, and Grayskull 2.0 at KB, but never a Battle Station. Just wanted to verify.

Wakko

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I never saw anything after the ROBOTO waves. ROBOTO and Evil-lyn were the last figures I actually bought at a retail store. Everything else I had to go to Ebay or one of the better online stores.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko
    Really, Battle Stations at KB?! Are you certain? I've seen tons of Slime Pits, Bashin' Beetles, and Grayskull 2.0 at KB, but never a Battle Station. Just wanted to verify.

Wakko
    That is correct I couldn't believe it myself. I would of bought one myself but I bought 2 when they first came out off of e-bay for a harsch price for me and my son or else I would have bought 1 or possibly 2. I was amazed simply by the amount of merchandise they had for sale, it made Toys R US and Wal-Marts displays when the line was in full bloom look like a tiny section reserved for Van Helsing figures. Just thought that last shot was funny!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

The only figure before the snake men wave that I never saw on the shelves was Roboto. He is the only one that I had to buy off of ebay. I know he was out there because I heard of him but never saw him in the flesh.
    It's funny that I couldn't find him 'cause no one was buying the toys. He must have been hiding in the playscool section...

It's called sarcasm...

megazord444
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
    Actually, Media Play carried the first wave of the Snake Men.
    AWW SLAG IT ALL!
    It figures that my local MediaPlay moved outta town before that ever happened. I mighta saved a schekel or two. As it is, E-Planet toys got my first wave Snake Man business since no other local source seemed available.