Thread: "Mad eBay Disease" strikes again!

"Mad eBay Disease" strikes again!

um...OK Bubble Power She-Ra is rare, but this is rediculous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5940529710

That's not ridiculous that's ricokulous! I got mine for WAY less than that.
    Last edited by Tallstar; December 14, 2004 at 06:05pm.

I remember when I bought mine last year for about $410 less, (and it had the same European card)

I wonder if I should put mine up for sale. I love Bubble Power She-ra but if someone is willing to pay that much for it, she may have to go!
    "There are two kinds of wonders in this world: gutless and MY kind!"
    --Alexis Morel Carrington Colby Dexter Rowen of "Dynasty"

i bid on that but i let it go at $50.00 lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

ok bubble power she-ra usually goes for only 150, this is crazy, looks like the same few people just kept outbidding each other, which is annoying to other fans as it drives up the price unecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by teepop
    I wonder if I should put mine up for sale. I love Bubble Power She-ra but if someone is willing to pay that much for it, she may have to go!

thats right..get rid of that *****

Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    ok bubble power she-ra usually goes for only 150, this is crazy, looks like the same few people just kept outbidding each other, which is annoying to other fans as it drives up the price unecessarily.
    exactly...that is one thing that really ticks me off, i have seen many mocs she-ra or he-man and these people love to bid so frinkin high and then they wont pay up cause someone else bid high as well and they get stuck with what they almost maxed bid. if you dont wanna pay..dont bid...
    Last edited by carlo; December 14, 2004 at 10:23pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

valenaann68
    Holy ******! I agree, that was riduculous. Funny thing about that auction. I had seen that one about, oh a month or so ago. Same pic, same description. Right down to the part about the bubbles on the figure's armbands and boots (I think that's what they said). How many bubbly figures does one person have?

Wow...

Wish I bought up 10 of them when I was a kid (they were all over the shelves in my local toy store), and had them now.

Quote Originally Posted by funkypunkyboy
    Wish I bought up 10 of them when I was a kid (they were all over the shelves in my local toy store), and had them now.
    i wish you did to! lol i love her

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by valenaann68
    Funny thing about that auction. I had seen that one about, oh a month or so ago. Same pic, same description. Right down to the part about the bubbles on the figure's armbands and boots (I think that's what they said). How many bubbly figures does one person have?
    Hi Melody The same seller did have Bubble Power for auction like a month ago or something, I won it that time BUT I believe there is nothing fishy about this auction cause Italians usually have better access to the third series figs. If I remember correctly, this is the third Bubble Power for this seller (not sure though). My BP arrived very quickly and extremely well packaged + the seller commmunicated VERY WELL compared to some eBay sellers who don't bother sending any kind of messages

I also think that the winner of this auction is a beginner in collecting She-Ra (I've noticed the buyer bidding on several She-Ra auctions). Otherwise the price would't have got this high. Usually the prices get high when there are new ones that think "This is rare, I'll get it whatever it costs!" cause they don't believe that there will come others...
    ***Wanted***

Spinnerella's spinner

I agree. At this moment there are a few eBayers that keep on bidding on She-Ra auctions all the time. They just have be the highest bidder from beginning to end I've learned not to participate in these auctions
    ***Wanted***

Spinnerella's spinner

Yeh its just discouraging, especially when u know its an expensive item anyway, and you want to try to keep the cost down as much as you can. I can understand something like a defender of good box set going for $500 plus, or a spinny moc, but Bubble power she-ra is still well below that, and within the range of most of us! Good philosophy SaMa, not bothering with auctions like that. I've noticed there's been groups of people that for a while bid on all sorts of things, does anyone know if these people end up actually paying for the items they bid huge amounts for?

valenaann68
    Quote Originally Posted by SaMa
    Hi Melody The same seller did have Bubble Power for auction like a month ago or something, I won it that time BUT I believe there is nothing fishy about this auction cause Italians usually have better access to the third series figs. If I remember correctly, this is the third Bubble Power for this seller (not sure though). My BP arrived very quickly and extremely well packaged + the seller commmunicated VERY WELL compared to some eBay sellers who don't bother sending any kind of messages
    Hey, Saara! Whew! I almost thought it was a scam! Yeah, I'm staying out of those auctions, too.

I've noticed there's been groups of people that for a while bid on all sorts of things, does anyone know if these people end up actually paying for the items they bid huge amounts for?
    Surya, I'd love to know the answer to that question. I see the same people bidding on the same types of lots and I wonder if they do pay and, if so, do they need 10 Glimmers and 20 She-Ra's? It just makes it harder for those of us who can't spend a lot on these dolls. My kingdom for Bubble Power She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and, of course, Lady Spinny!!!