Thread: Best/Worst Episode Of The Cartoon?

Best/Worst Episode Of The Cartoon?

What in your opinion were the best and worst episodes of The New Adventures of He Man?

My favourite still remains "Sword and Staff" for the attention it pays to making Skeletor into a real credible threat who actually has the power to go through with his schemes. And also portraying He Man as being not just a barbarian who fights but as someone who thinks things through and devotes himself to trying to stop someone who he knows is ultimately evil.

The Five part episodes are also very impressive, although I dont care much for the final five parter, I think a better conclusion could have been done. The First Five parter was very well done in my opinion, although I think more time should have spent on Eternia before they went to Primus. The earlier episodes also get a bonus point for the hilarious cake Slush Head and Flogg make Skeletor

I'd say the worst episode was probably "No Easy Way", reminded me somewhat of the Evilseed episode of the filmation series but not quite as entertaining.

"Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Heroic Warrior
    My favourite episode of The New Adventures of He-Man would probably be "The Running of the Herd", although I do have a special fondness for the first five episodes and "Four Ways To Sundown".

My least favourite episode is probably "The Taking of Levitan". It's mainly down to some animation errors such as a Mutant Trooper appearing on Levitan when it should be a Priman soldier, as well as Gleep introducing Sagitar (I believe) in a crowd scene but Sagitar not being anywhere on screen at the time. Plus Dobson is an annoying character, but he's only in the first half of the episode for five minutes, so I'll let that go.

Worst: episode 5, great up until he-man is magically resurected - what a writing cheat!
    Best: Hmm, episode 6 where skeletor changes form.

Heroic Warrior
    I disagree, I thought it was a great scene for drama and worked really well. Oh well, chocolate and vanilla...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    I disagree, I thought it was a great scene for drama and worked really well. Oh well, chocolate and vanilla...
    But how did he come back to life? Because he loved them (after 4 episodes?!?!)?
    It's crap because it was a dues ex Machina that meant skeletor could NEVER win as he-man was immortal.

Heroic Warrior
    It's just a cartoon and all for fun, don't get so infuriated over it. It's a bit of a Jesus scene, but it's not like they've never done it in Transformers.

Sword and Staff is my favourite. choosing for the worst ain't that easy...perhaps He-Caz.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Dagar
    It's just a cartoon and all for fun, don't get so infuriated over it. It's a bit of a Jesus scene, but it's not like they've never done it in Transformers.
    Yeah, but I hate it when it's done in that too (like the transformers movie - Optimus dies but Ultra Magnus just gets fixed up? WTF?)
    I'm anal about sloppy writing. My biggest beef with the NA cartoon is how he-mans sword can apparently do anything.

Chris here...

My first post on this new (and much appreciated! ) NA forum! I've got to go with the majority here and say that "Sword & Staff" remains my favourite NA episode - I love the scene at the end between He-Man & Skeletor, where He-Man tells Skeletor "You'll never change" - I'm sure anyone who's seen the episode will know the scene I'm talking about!

I haven't watched it for some time, but IIRC I really disliked the episode "Rock to the Future" - just didn't do it for me somehow.

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

I can not remember the name of the episode, but it is the one that is told from the different perspective of each of the Characters. Slushhead thinks he is the hero of the quagmy swamp, Flogg see's the same story differently and they both have Skeletor Groveling.

Also Bride of Slushhead, Rock to the Future and the episode where He-man is set up to be a Traiter are all pretty good!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan
    I haven't watched it for some time, but IIRC I really disliked the episode "Rock to the Future" - just didn't do it for me somehow.
    I actually quite like Rock to the Future, purely because the entire episode is pretty much devoted to Skeletor and his plan while not many other characters take the spotlist, the way Skeletor gives his huge speech to the rock star then looks disgusted and goes "Ughh...Musicians..." always makes me laugh The actual plot of the episodes pretty bad though.

"Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin
    I actually quite like Rock to the Future, purely because the entire episode is pretty much devoted to Skeletor and his plan while not many other characters take the spotlist, the way Skeletor gives his huge speech to the rock star then looks disgusted and goes "Ughh...Musicians..." always makes me laugh The actual plot of the episodes pretty bad though.

Rock to the future is one of those weird episodes that should have stunk, but ended up really good.
    That was the case with pretty much every episode that focused on the mutants. They were written really well very consistantly.