Thread: Is There A POP Guide In Book Format?

valenaann68

Is There A POP Guide In Book Format?

Good morning! I was just on PinkPlastic.Net, which I use as a POP reference, and was wondering if there was a book that listed all the POP items (i.e., dolls, animals, playsets, etc.) like this website does. If not, has anybody thought about putting one together? I know this is the electronic age and most people prefer to use the Internet to find things now, but I thought it would be nice to have a book as a reference in case you can't access the Internet. That and it's kind of silly to have to go grab your Flutterina and bring her into your office and hold her while you're looking up a website to see if she looks like she's supposed to. If there's not a book like this, how could a person go about putting one together?

Michael Augustyniak has a book out called "Thirty Years of Mattel Fashion Dolls" (1967-1997), which includes the Princess of Power figures, horses, etc., but it's not comprehensive as far as including other available merchandise (cameras, toothbrush sets, etc.)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

valenaann68
    I might have to check that out. Do you know if it lists all the POP dolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    Michael Augustyniak has a book out called "Thirty Years of Mattel Fashion Dolls" (1967-1997), which includes the Princess of Power figures, horses, etc., but it's not comprehensive as far as including other available merchandise (cameras, toothbrush sets, etc.)

Go to this site:

http://users.interlinks.net/grainger/80stoys/shera.htm

There are some pictures from the book under the "First Series" link.

I don't remember if it lists all of the figures. I think some of the rarer ones like Spinnerella might have been excluded.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The book has all the produced actionfigures and accessories plus pics of the Star Sister and glorybird prototypes
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

valenaann68
    Great! I will have to check into getting that book. Thanks, y'all, for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by rhea
    The book has all the produced actionfigures and accessories plus pics of the Star Sister and glorybird prototypes

There's one up on ebay.

Valenaann:

I have that book Thirty Years of Mattel Fashion Dolls: Identification & Value Guide
    I am willing to sell it if you wanted to buy it from me. I will sell it for $20 plus actual shipping.

Let me know.
    Rachael

You can also buy it from ebay or amazon.com for $10 or less including shipping. I bought a new one yesterday from an amazon.com seller for $ 8.77 delivered.
    I love He-Man.org!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adora
    You can also buy it from ebay or amazon.com for $10 or less including shipping. I bought a new one yesterday from an amazon.com seller for $ 8.77 delivered.

I nabbed the one on ebay yesterday that had a BIN for about $10. I am actually pretty giddy about getting this. I love this sort of stuff and can't believe I didn't know about it sooner!