View Poll Results: Will you be collecting these 6" statues?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I will get them all!

128 76.65%
  • Yes, but only the characters I like.

32 19.16%
  • No, I won't be collecting these at all.

7 4.19%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6" MOTU Statues: Your Initial Impressions?

I just got my ToyFare Magazine yesterday. The statues look cool, but I will not be buying them. $20.00 is too much for a 6" figure that can't even be moved or posed.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

But it isn't a 6 inch figure that can't be moved or posed, is it? It's a 6 inch statue.

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne
    But it isn't a 6 inch figure that can't be moved or posed, is it? It's a 6 inch statue.
    It is a 6" statue. However, I still don't see the point in it. Then again I have never been a statue/bust collector.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Exile's Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia
    Just the ones I want.
    I did that with the figures and I'll contiune that trend.
    Same here. Not gonna go nuts this time around.

are they in feb or march toyfare i just picked up the feb issue and i didnt see them =(
    It's not what you ride. It's that you ride.

Hey bush let the door hit you on the way out !!!!

OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

Like many others said, I'm buying only the ones that aren't based on existing figures, with the exception of another He Man and Skeletor, hey, one more of each wouldn't hurt.

I am excited as hell. I've been bugging all my local haunts as to whether they'll be carrying them. I'm already someone who's willing to spend $30.00 (CDN) for action figures, so the statues are not that much of change.
    "Goodbye Major Cinnemonbun!! I will always remember your buttery goodness!!"

"Your power is impressive Greyskull."

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing the pictures of the first two, I just can't wait to see the rest. AMAZING, I love what they did and I want more! Damn it, I want a gwildor.

Quote Originally Posted by Coola Yagami
    Like many others said, I'm buying only the ones that aren't based on existing figures, with the exception of another He Man and Skeletor, hey, one more of each wouldn't hurt.
    I think that is what Mattel thought too!

I will be buying them all. Unless of course there is a pose or something about a statue that I absolutely hate. This way I can shelf display the stactions and play with the actions!
    Last edited by lowbrass; January 21, 2005 at 12:21am.

Quote Originally Posted by Guia X
    6" MOTU Statues: Your Initial Impressions?
    They look SOO TOTALLY MUTHA-FREAKIN AWESOME and can't wait till I OWN THEM ALL!!!!
    Ė No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Onekorn
    That's how He-man will look at Skeletor and Hordak when he see how much bigger they are than him.

I like how the poll is turning out so far. Only 7 people said No for sure. That's a good sign. Hope people don't flake out when they hit stores.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    After a few days to soak it all in I can firmly state that Iím extremely impressed with what has been shown so far! They might not be action figures, but by far and large, these statue . . . er, stactions, are pretty much everything Iíve ever wanted out of the figure line (highly detailed paint applications; no goofy gimmicks, buttons or out of scale accessories; and just generally true to 4Horsemen-vision detailing and scale). Sure, I would prefer them to be articulated, but realistically, as a collector, I mostly just pop my figures up on display anyway so it wonít really be that drastic a concession. Besides, for me the advantages make the trade off very much worth it.

I havenít been this excited or optimistic by anything MOTU related in a looooong time and absolutely plan on giving this line my full support! Thank you 4Horsemen; youíve really come through for us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow
    After a few days to soak it all in I can firmly state that Iím extremely impressed with what has been shown so far! They might not be action figures, but by far and large, these statue . . . er, stactions, are pretty much everything Iíve ever wanted out of the figure line (highly detailed paint applications; no goofy gimmicks, buttons or out of scale accessories; and just generally true to 4Horsemen-vision detailing and scale). Sure, I would prefer them to be articulated, but realistically, as a collector, I mostly just pop my figures up on display anyway so it wonít really be that drastic a concession. Besides, for me the advantages make the trade off very much worth it.

I havenít been this excited or optimistic by anything MOTU related in a looooong time and absolutely plan on giving this line my full support! Thank you 4Horsemen; youíve really come through for us again.

This is a great comment and good praise!!!! .......Exactly what I have been thinking!!!

In addition, I'm so happy that these are a reality as in New Zealand I didnt even know there was a relaunch until early 2004 when half of wave 1 turned up out of the blue at various shops, then nothing more. Me being the person I am, resorted to ebay to get the rest of everything hence I spent lots of money in just a short time.

Now I'm here for the beginning of an era Am I gonna get them all??

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around US$20 isn't much for these things at all!! The horsemen have done well at looking after us indeed. Considering I payed alot more for some of my plastic ones.
    Now Let me return the favor..... By DESTROYING YOU!!!!!

Pretty Handsome Awkward motubot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachiman
    I'm only going to get the ones I want, moreso in the vein of characters that I had or had wanted when I was a child who were not remade in the 02 action figure line. At $100 a wave, it's not really affordable to get them all.
    My thoughts exactly.

Vegor-Friend of Animals jakobinsane's Avatar
    Checkbook withstanding I will get them all. In some ways
    they are sweeter than the figures!
    Erie Americana Punk Rock
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050215140632
    Saving lives everyday!!
    http://www.veganoutreach.org and http://www.peta.com

H.E.A.L. Human Earth and Animal Liberation

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow
    They might not be action figures, but by far and large, these statue . . . er, stactions, are pretty much everything Iíve ever wanted out of the figure line (highly detailed paint applications; no goofy gimmicks, buttons or out of scale accessories; and just generally true to 4Horsemen-vision detailing and scale). Sure, I would prefer them to be articulated, but realistically, as a collector, I mostly just pop my figures up on display anyway so it wonít really be that drastic a concession. Besides, for me the advantages make the trade off very much worth it.
    You've hit upon it exactly.

I agree 100%.

And it will be so cool when we start getting redos of He-Man and the rest a while later down the line for those very reasons: no ugly visible joints, no buttons sticking out anywhere, no stupid Mattel color schemes, no action features which force silly poses, no balancing issues, no ginormous handguns.

Bring. Them. On.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sgreg
    i think i will get them all. they look awsome.
    I'm with you in this. I don't normally collect statues, but these are fairly well priced and the detail in them is AWESOME. As it appears this is the only way we'll be getting any characters made in the future, I will be getting them. Maybe Mattel will take a look at the sales figures to determine if they'll release the other 2-ups as action figures.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man
    And it will be so cool when we start getting redos of He-Man and the rest a while later down the line for those very reasons: no ugly visible joints, no buttons sticking out anywhere, no stupid Mattel color schemes, no action features which force silly poses, no balancing issues, no ginormous handguns.
    Absolutely: new, definitive 4Horsemen takes on these figures is something I am eagerly anticipating! We need a new He-Man done more in the style of the recent Mega-bust, that much is certain. But just imagine other characters, for instance Mer-Man, redone with the detail and paint-scheme of the corresponding bust. There is just sooooo much potential . . .

Bring them on indeed