View Poll Results: Which Is Your Favorite Masters of the Universe Period?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • The 1980s

156 66.10%
  • The 1990s

5 2.12%
  • The 2000s

75 31.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favorite Masters of the Universe period?

I voted for the 2000 era. Only because it brought back MOTU back to me. I don't know if I really appreciated it when I was a kid. Don't get me wrong. I loved the 80's era for MOTU. It got to a point however, that I just stopped watching and collecting. Sometime before Jr. High. But when my younger brother told me, hey, He-Man is gonna be on cartoon network... it all came back to me again and I haven't let go since. Never realized how much I loved this stuff.

Val did a fantastic job with the comics. I could not let them go. The 4h designs are timeless. They will look good 50 yrs. from now. And I loved the edginess that the MYP toon portrayed. Unfortunately, that may have been its mistake. Go figure .

The only thing I could've done without was Mattel's bumbling, but I will not open that can of worms. My therapists says it is better if I don't talk about Mattel because I get riled up and start to not sense make when the butter fizzes and the monkey farts rocks and hey, isn't that Barney Fife... damn it, where are my pills!!
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Evil Renegade Time Lord TheMaster's Avatar
    Nothing beats when you see things for the first time as a kid so I would go with 1980's

see ya
    Mike
    help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis

May is now National Cystic Fibrosis awareness Month

Inside the Sun lives the Ice People and Inside the Freezer lives the Fire Daemons!!!!!!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    Between the divine 4H new designs...

A kick-ass new cartoon series...

Commemorative Reissues...

Statues and busts...

Classic cartoon coming to DVD...

Yeah, I think the 2000's are the best.

But there are some MotU things I miss from the '80's for sure.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Has everyone voted yet?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heman14 View Post
    Well nothing beats the original, but the newest attempt certainly did do a few things better.
    Indeed.

Heroic Warrior
    the 2000s.

we've got the original shows on dvd, we got the commemoratives, 200X, and now Classics. We're getting more MOTU love now than we did in the 80s!

2000s, i.e. RIGHT NOW.

Unlike the 80s, now I can actually afford more than the handful of figures my parents got for me as a kid.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 23, 2009 at 06:22am.

80s - of course!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Between the divine 4H new designs...

A kick-ass new cartoon series...

Commemorative Reissues...

Statues and busts...

Classic cartoon coming to DVD...

Yeah, I think the 2000's are the best.

But there are some MotU things I miss from the '80's for sure.
    I agree here to a point. the 2000s had more high scale stuff, better detailing on the figures, we got stactions and statues and busts etc, but the 80s, the 80s were RULED by MOTU so there was just so much out there. toons, records, tapes, books, so many licensed material, all the different role play toys, from swords to 4(he-man, Skeletor, BA He-Man and Hordak) dress up kits to a kid-size Grayskull. not to mention the magazine, Earl Norem artwork, the boxart. and being a kid was so much fun. Going into a toystore or toy dept and seeing a wall full of various MOTU, scouring the pegs and shelves for the new figure I saw on the back of a card, the excitement of finding it, and the fun of learning about new figures on commercials or in stores rather than knowing months before and moaning about it not coming out or looking like the 2up. the 80s and MOTUs dominance of the decade plus being a kid made it the best era for me, I love the 200x designs more than the originals (figures only) but the 80s MOTU had free reign basically. 200x we were railroaded by corporate bumbling and shenanigans.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

The 80's. Its where it all began.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Has everyone voted?
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I have to go with the 200's because I never collected as a child. I started collecting last fall with the 200x line and now with the new classics line. I think your preference will have a lot to do with when you got into MOTU.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

I loved the 80s but had to vote for 2000s. I was allowed to get all the 80s episodes on DVD for Masters, NA, and She-Ra. Get the MYP on DVD and see it live on Cartoon Network. Collect the new figures from MYP and the classics.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I was born in '84, so I was really late to the MOTU party and pretty much missed out on the whole craze. I missed out on the Filmation toon as a kid (well having seen a few episodes as an adult I guess I didn't miss much). I had several figures that were handed down to me from my older brother and recieved some as gifts (as they were still quite common in discount stores for years). I imagine most of the fans here got into MOTU when they were between 8 to 12, but I was playing with MOTU when I was three years old. By the time I was 8 I had given away all of my MOTU toys and was big into X-Men and Marvel Superheroes stuff.

So I had to go with 2000s as my favorite era. Without the 200X series and cartoon, stactions, and to a lesser extent MOTUC "Masters of the Universe" would probably be just some odd footnote from my early childhood. I was far more into Dino-Riders and TMNT for most of my childhood. The MOTU stuff were hand-me-downs that probably hit me too early for me to fully appreciate, but Turtles, Dino-Riders, and Marvel Superheroes were all things I got into at the right time and the right age.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

It was a real close call for me since Masters were the first figures I had growing up and remember buying them with the little allowance I'd get for doing chores. But the 200x occured in a period of my life that just brings the fondest memories to me. When the new figures first came out me and my friends from work would talk all the time about the vintage and the new compare and contrast. In 2003 I was in Texas going to school living with my aunt and uncle and I will always fondly remember watching that awesome block of Teen Titans, Justice League, Samaurai Jack, Masters of the Universe, etc on Saturday Nights Cartoon Network. When I came home for the summer my love of buying the He-Man figures was the ice breaker for talking to and meeting the girl who became my girlfriend of 6 years. Sometimes for old times sake I'll pop in the DVDs of Justice League, Masters, X-Men Evolution and Samurai Jack on a Saturday night and order a pizza just like those great days of 2003.
    Toy Guru is not what is "best for business".

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177953

Absolutely 80 with a cartoon Filmation and the first toy line!

80's without any doubts.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I got to say 2000! The Mvc Comic book was great! And seeing again that He-man had returned was very exciting.

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    The 80's. I didn't follow 200x at all, I liked the sculpts but the lack of articulation kept me away. However, it was more than the articulation that got me into MOTUC. As soon as I saw that first picture of He-Man, it just felt "right" it was perfect, right out of the cartoon and all those memories came rushing back. And the Articulation was a bonus, though I admit, if the artic wasn't there I'd likely have sat back and admired it from afar.

Has everyone voted?

I voted for the 80's. MOTU was my first action figure toyline, that makes it unbeatable in my book
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

The 1980s. Nostalgia rocks!

Has everyone voted?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No surprise where I voted on.

The 2000's took what was cool about the 80's and made it even more enjoyable to my now adult tastes.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No surprise where I voted on.

The 2000's took what was cool about the 80's and made it even more enjoyable to my now adult tastes.
    LOL!

Totally agree, but I voted 80's anyway. There's nothing like childhood.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon