View Poll Results: Which action feature is da shiznit?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • the 8-BACK FIGURES' "twist waist & power punch" action

1 2.78%
  • FAKER's evil disguise

8 22.22%
  • STINKOR's skunk scent

0 0%
  • GRIZZLOR's "raise his mighty claws for battle"

6 16.67%
  • KING RANDOR's "being the ruler of Eternia" feature

2 5.56%
  • SORCERESS' staff-holding / wing-spreading action

1 2.78%
  • GWILDOR's Cosmic Key action feature

7 19.44%
  • SCARE GLOW's evil glow

2 5.56%
  • I LOVE ALL of the classic action features! <3 <3 <3

6 16.67%
  • My favorite is not listed, so I will post it.

3 8.33%

Thread: Lamest action feature?

Lamest action feature?

I just found LaRock's coolest action feature? - thread here and if there is a "coolest" one there must also be a "lamest" action feature in the classic line!

I am going to list a few features that I consider to be not soooo great, but if your favourit ain't listed just go ahead and post it ...

Last edited by sathomaso; May 22, 2005 at 09:59pm.
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ [email protected] (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

Mekanek's is lamest. His neck action is silly, doesn't make much sense, and the character was made completely obsolete after Extendar came out.

-Northy-

ugh. one word. Gwildor.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

I also thought Mekaneck had quite the lame action feature, I was never in a rush to get his vintage figure.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

GWILDOR!

The lamest figure with the lamest feature!

At least, Gwildor's "feature" really works. Unlike the darned spinning trick from those wretched Energy Zoids. Ugh!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Definitely Faker. It boggles the mind how Mattel thought that was a good idea, and that people actually like the character If they wanted an evil clone, they could've at least made him look slightly different, like Bizarro as compared to Superman
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

King Randor

hmm...

I'm going to have to say Moss Man's pine scent. When did moss ever smell like pine? He's still one cool character though.

Heheheeheh

I definitely voted for Randor's "I'm the ruler!" feature.... nice Jitsu armor, too!
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

I thought Extender was quite horrible .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I thought Extender was quite horrible .
    I dug Extendar. I never much cared for the gimmicks as a kid, just the figure's overall aesthetics.

I would say Sy-Klone's gimmick was probably my least favorite, simply because I could never get him to stand up. He was always toppling over or his balance would shift and he'd be twisted up in a weird pose.

My least favorite playset gimmick is a tie between Snake Mountain's net or its microphone. The microphone that sounded like you were yelling into a funnel and the net that is directly underneath the trapdoor that the hero can simply climb out of.

"Ha ha, I've got you now He-Man! Fear my net of terror! Hey, what are you doing? You're not supposed to climb out of it!"

"Well Skeletor, perhaps you shouldn't have hung it two inches beneath the trapdoor."

"I was trying to insure your safety. Pardon me for not wanting to make you a praplegic! My insurance rates skyrocketed after Mechaneck fell off the narrow little bridge out front and broke his C3 vertebra. I would've been fine paying for a standard surgery, but you jerks convinced him that he needed a cybernetic extending android giraffe neck, so now we have safety nets under all the trapdoors. You're welcome."
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    My least favorite playset gimmick is a tie between Snake Mountain's net or its microphone.
    OMG. For me it was the chains! I was sooooo psyched to chain up the good guys, only to have the brittle little plastic chains break on day one!

- - - Updated - - -

"Ha ha, I've got you now He-Man! Fear my net of terror! Hey, what are you doing? You're not supposed to climb out of it!"

"Well Skeletor, perhaps you shouldn't have hung it two inches beneath the trapdoor."

"I was trying to insure your safety. Pardon me for not wanting to make you a praplegic! My insurance rates skyrocketed after Mechaneck fell off the narrow little bridge out front and broke his C3 vertebra. I would've been fine paying for a standard surgery, but you jerks convinced him that he needed a cybernetic extending android giraffe neck, so now we have safety nets under all the trapdoors. You're welcome."
    I loved reading this in John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer's voices.

I dug Extendar. I never much cared for the gimmicks as a kid, just the figure's overall aesthetics.

I would say Sy-Klone's gimmick was probably my least favorite, simply because I could never get him to stand up. He was always toppling over or his balance would shift and he'd be twisted up in a weird pose.

My least favorite playset gimmick is a tie between Snake Mountain's net or its microphone. The microphone that sounded like you were yelling into a funnel and the net that is directly underneath the trapdoor that the hero can simply climb out of.

LOL great stuff!!!!

(Video of He-Man climbing out of the net:

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    OMG. For me it was the chains! I was sooooo psyched to chain up the good guys, only to have the brittle little plastic chains break on day one!

- - - Updated - - -

I loved reading this in John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer's voices.

I wrote it in their voices!

The chains for me weren't even a factor in play, because they broke off the same Christmas day I got Snake Mountain. The bridge lost all of its railing within a year, and I somehow broke both net pegs within two years, despite being ultra careful with Snake Mountain in general. One day the microphone just stopped powering on even with new batteries, so the only thing that worked was the swiveling snake and the demon's mouth that went back and forth. When I pulled the set out of storage 20 years later, the demon mouth was broken too. So now I have a mountain and a snake, so I guess it truly lived up to its name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    LOL great stuff!!!!

(Video of He-Man climbing out of the net:
    https://youtu.be/4r-AYIR00EQ
    Man, your animation has grown by leaps and bounds since you first started doing these vids. Great job!
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

[QUOTE]The chains for me weren't even a factor in play, because they broke off the same Christmas day [/QUOTE

Well if we factoring durability , My lil bro and I scored both a Webstor. I thought it was one of the best gimmicks but sadly neither grappling hooks lasted 2 or 3 days to enjoy that gimmick .

Rams Man,s legs gimmick were just appalling . It was low durability but boring enough to be left alone so it never broke .

Orko,s dancing gimmick was amazing on the other hand . My Orko still dances like it was 1983

Mattel was shooting in the dark with their gimmicks . It was a 50/50 hit miss roller coaster .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post

Well if we factoring durability , My lil bro and I scored both a Webstor. I thought it was one of the best gimmicks but sadly neither grappling hooks lasted 2 or 3 days to enjoy that gimmick .

Rams Man,s legs gimmick were just appalling . It was low durability but boring enough to be left alone so it never broke .

Orko,s dancing gimmick was amazing on the other hand . My Orko still dances like it was 1983

Mattel was shooting in the dark with their gimmicks . It was a 50/50 hit miss roller coaster .

Webstor's line broke fairly soon for me, then my dad broke the backpack trying to get the mechanism open.

Ram Man was pretty lame, indeed. Toy Polloi has teased an upgrade he just made for Rammy, and I can say if this was the Ram Man I had as a kid, I would have fonder memories:

I was a bit confused as "da shiznit" usually means something good or awesome. This comes off the heels of where "that's bad" meant "that's good" (shortening "that's bad-ass").

Back to the subject, I voted Gwildor. Everything about Gwildor sucks. Always has, always will lol
    Tweeterhead Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow