Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found this interesting. Anyone else heard of it?

I found this interesting. Anyone else heard of it?

I stumbled across The Greyskull Tales. Its supposed to be a proposed cartoon that takes place 6 months after the classic eps left off. Plus they are supposed to tie up any loose ends and bring She-ra into the picture. I don't know how long it's been around or if it's common knowledge for alot of you. I just wanted to share my findings with you all.

Here is the address if you want to check it out.

http://mysteriesofgreyskull.tripod.c...s/greyskul.htm

Ahhh!
    Not again!

MFLulder was a good guy and that's his site. I always got along great with him.
    But wow, he stood by GT until the end, and argued constantly with other fans about it. I just steered clear because I knew the whole thing wasn't going to fly.

GT was a fanfic, nothing more.

And there it is! HA HA!!!!
    Skeletor & Sorceress image.
    Notice the professionally painted woman photoshoped in along with the rest of the very amateur looking art and bad costume.
    Oh man, I love it.

Total Eclipse of the Heart, baby!

Someone please archive this.
    Honestly, even those who hated it will enjoy it for years to come.

Skeletor and Sorceress...

Wow...

Just...

Wow...

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Dear Gods!

Will this thing never die?

cue up the "Total exlipse of the Heart" jokes. They will begin in 3......2.......1......

Dr. Omega

i remember this, it look like it would have been a good cartoon w action but it defenitly didnt follow the original series
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Turn around...

every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you’re never coming round...

Oh man... the memories... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... All those mailing list arguments... the good ol' days.

GT could very well be the worst piece of "publicized", if you will, fan-fiction of He-man ever.

Every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild...
    (That dream does not include reliving GT.)
    Turn around...

Classics Collector
    Dear God in heaven, not this story again.

Whatever the story on this fanfiction is, it seems like a funny one.

Turn around...bright eyes...

(Every now and then I fall apart)

Turn around...bright eyes...

Every now and then I FALL APART!

*drums*

So what happened in the story?

EDIT: I just started reading the episode summaries...doesn't sound too impressive. Skeletor in love with the Sorceress? Since when? And who is Tyler, exactly?
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; June 3, 2005 at 10:19pm.

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy
    And who is Tyler, exactly?
    IIRC, Tyler was Greyskull [sic] Tales' author's attempt at self-glorification - perhaps someone could confirm this for me?

The one and only interesting thing about Greyskull Tales is that it is a window back to a time when a MOTU revival, however short lived, was just a dream shared by a small but dedicated group of hardcore fans. I can certainly remember threads on the Boards when I first signed up to the effect of "Do you think MOTU will ever make a comeback?" How little could we have known!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

LOL, you're turning us into old men and women, He-Fan.

Classics Collector
    Back in my day we didn't have fancy things like passwords or comprehensive websites on he-man. No MOTU toys had been made since The New Adventures flopped, and the most prolific fan fiction made us laugh at cheezy 80's love ballads. And you know something? We liked it, we loved it, we couldn't get enough of it! Now don't even get me started on having to walk 16 miles uphill in the snow to get to school.....

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    I remember that Granamyr did an MST of the last portion of it...please tell me someone has that somewhere, as I've been wanting to read it again.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

I think this thing won the Mary Sue of the decade award..

Dr. Omega

Good God, the proverbial bad penny! I agree with Val, this should be preserved for future generations. Maybe it could be used to scare kids into bed, or something.
    Tarzan Rubberband, Tarzan Rubberband, Tarzan rubberbaaaand

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickJaw
    Good God, the proverbial bad penny! I agree with Val, this should be preserved for future generations. Maybe it could be used to scare kids into bed, or something.
    I see it being used to make children behave...

"Ok Timmy, if you're good I'll read to you from 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' at bedtime tonight. Misbehave, and I'll be reading 'Greyskull Tales' from beginning to end."

I don't know about anyone else, but that would have made me behave all year.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

guys, you simply must read the next excerpt with the appearance of dr. barbie.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

LMAO!! You all !!!!

Well, I guess that answers my question. I didn't figure any of it to be legit, but geez I guess I really missed a ball of conversations back in "the day". I had just not seen it before. Glad I could refresh some "fond" memories. And something about the sorceress getting married to this Tyler fellow, That just doesn't settel well with me.

and I need you now tonight, and I need you more than ever, if you'd only hold on tight,we'll be holding on forever..........

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    LOL, you're turning us into old men and women, He-Fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ={+}=Rotar={+}=
    Back in my day we didn't have fancy things like passwords or comprehensive websites on he-man. No MOTU toys had been made since The New Adventures flopped, and the most prolific fan fiction made us laugh at cheezy 80's love ballads. And you know something? We liked it, we loved it, we couldn't get enough of it! Now don't even get me started on having to walk 16 miles uphill in the snow to get to school.....
    Sorry guys! My 5th anniversary of posting on these Boards comes up any day now, and I guess I'm just in the mood for waxing nostalgic - hard to believe it's been that many years!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    hmmm ok seemed i missed something good, though the reaction at crossing outside characters into MOTU is something to thinkabout
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by transfan80
    I remember that Granamyr did an MST of the last portion of it...please tell me someone has that somewhere, as I've been wanting to read it again.
    Heh heh, I remember that. That thread went on for months, and it was great fun to read. Gt is beyond terrible, but it makes for some great fodder.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I wonder if MFLulder still defends his "work" as he did the last time we heard anything from him. Anyway, he at least has succeeded in something: He's the "Ed Woods" of MotU.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I remember reading GT when I was just starting to get back into MOTu. I never took it too seriously though. It sounded bad enough that some studio might try it, but there was always the hint of made up.

I wasn't around on the boards back when it came out, so I don't know the backstory there. But it sounds like it was a fun time. Hope to be around for something like that in the future.
    This is how the world ends.

Last we heard from John T, it was on the Ain't it cool news message boards. He was bashing the heck out of the new MYP MOTU a few weeks before it was to air. I think he actually said he worked for MYP, IIRC. Then an actual MYP employee responded stating that he applied for a job there and they didn't hire him, so he was just bashing. Someone recognized him as John T a few posts later..

It's like a sad, pathetic epilogue to the whole thing..

Dr. Omega