Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMG Appointed: Music Rights For He-Man And She-Ra

BMG Appointed: Music Rights For He-Man And She-Ra

Here's the latest update from ER...

Entertainment Rights Appoints BMG as Worldwide Music Publisher

BMG, the world's largest independent music publisher and third largest overall, will represent ER's catalogue of music rights worldwide for leading brands including Postman Pat®, Little Red Tractor™, Basil Brush®, He-Man and She-Ra as well as other brands owned or controlled by ER.

The agreement between ER and BMG Music Publishing will further bolster the publisher's presence in film and television and in particular the growing children's television market. BMG represents the music catalogues of major film and television companies such as the BBC, Fremantle, Talkback Thames and Famous Music (the catalogue of Paramount Pictures) to name a few and many other Indies such as Tiger Aspect and Wall to Wall.

In addition to the worldwide music publishing agreement, Sony BMG will release a children's CD and DVD compilation on 22nd August entitled 'Playtime!' which includes ER characters Postman Pat®, Basil Brush® and Little Red Tractor™.

Jane Smith, Group Commercial Director, Entertainment Rights commented:

"Today's agreement with BMG opens up significant opportunities in the music publishing arena for ER and its brands. We are only just beginning to unlock the potential of our brands in this area and this deal highlights the appeal of our extensive catalogue. We look forward to a rewarding partnership with BMG."

Simon Mortimer, Vice President, Business Development, Worldwide, BMG Music Publishing added: "BMG Music Publishing is thrilled to be partnering with Entertainment Rights. ER has a significant catalogue of well-known brands, providing BMG Music Publishing's global network with numerous music publishing opportunities around the world. Their portfolio of much-loved children's characters is a terrific addition to BMG's business."

Awesome news! Thanks for the heads up and the great detective work.

thanks
    perhaps this means we may actually be getting the soundtrack to the series, that would be awesome
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

Awesome!!!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

POP and Customs Lover! heftysmurf76's Avatar
    I can hear it now, I crisp digital version of "Somewhere out there someone needs me..."
    I can't wait!
    Thanks for posting that Tally!!!

I'd be excited... if I knew that ER had the score for MOTU and POP uncut, separate from the cartoon episodes.
    I don't think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3
    I'd be excited... if I knew that ER had the score for MOTU and POP uncut, separate from the cartoon episodes.
    I don't think they do.
    You never know what they might be able to dig up. Let's cross our fingers anyway

I'm hoping this pans out, it would really be sweet to own the soundtrack music (other then the foreign tape release & rips) in pure digital remastered format for He-Man & She-ra...Would I ever love that!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Never say never. About 5 years ago my fellow Knight Rider fans and I were begging for the same thing. People said it couldn't be done, blah blah blah...

I now own all 3 volumes (thus far... )

I'd buy these in a second.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Ah man! News I have waited a long, long time to hear!

I'll be looking forward to further news on the He-Man and She-Ra front. Specifically release dates and the actual music content on these new CD's.

A.J.

Oh. My. God.

That's the best news I've heard since getting back into MOTU/POP back in the 90s! Seriously, She-Ra is where I'm at, so confirmation that something is in the works with it's wonderful music is the best news I could have hoped for. Hopefully it won't be just the main themes - I want the lot!

Seeing as they're not too lengthy, I don't think that's an unreasonable request...they could easily fit He-Man and She-Ra themes on a double CD - can't wait!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    I understand that if the people involved in some way with the music for He Man and She ra don't want to be interviewed, then that's unfortuanete for us fans and it shows how arrogant those people are. But we can't really do much about that. But I feel That they should still release in some form, the soundtracks of He Man and She ra. With every theme that was put on the show, played out in full from start to finish with variations when possible and there would be a huge market that would buy these releases. About 80% of people that buy the motu/pop dvd releases would also buy the soundtracks. It would also get back at people like Shuki Levi or Haim Saban that didn't return calls or emails to partake in the dvd releases when they see ER or BCI making money of their music as they were arrogant not to return calls or emails.

A combo sound track for both series would be ideal, though I thinkt he writing on MotU was much better, musically speaking, than on She-Ra. She-Ra was a bit too synthesized for such a show for me. I liked the big orchestral feel to most of the MotU scores.

In any case, bring it on! I can't wait!

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cat
    About 80% of people that buy the motu/pop dvd releases would also buy the soundtracks.
    And this is based on evidence?
    I'd like to see the stats from where you drew this conclusion.

It would also get back at people like Shuki Levi or Haim Saban that didn't return calls or emails to partake in the dvd releases when they see ER or BCI making money of their music as they were arrogant not to return calls or emails.
    They are arrogant because they don't return calls or e-mails?
    That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think?
    Revenge is also a poor excuse for releasing something like this to the public.

revenge or not... please release it!!!
    Like I said in others posts, I'd like to know if ER really has the soundtrack...

Heroic Warrior
    And this is based on evidence?
    I'd like to see the stats from where you drew this conclusion.
    There are a fair few posts where people talk about wanting to get a soundtrack to both the shows. I've posted on alot of them; just do a search and you will find them. Plus I don't have official stats but if people are constantly bringing up the musical component of both the shows then doesn't it say something?

They are arrogant because they don't return calls or e-mails?
    That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think?
    Revenge is also a poor excuse for releasing something like this to the public.
    I don't think I am being presumptious one bit. From what I read in the s2v2 official talkback thread. It looked like they didn't bother returning a number of calls or emails, not just one or two. Generally speaking, if people don't do that, it is arrogant. How can you disagree with that? I admire these guys for what they gave to both the shows; I doubt anyone could have done a better job. But that's about as far as my admiration for them goes.
    As the old saying goes: "Pride Leads To A Fall."

I definitely disagree.
    Business is business. Just because a creator isn't giving you what you want all these years later doesn't make them arrogant.
    You are making assumptions based on loose data that you really know nothing about.

You don't know the deal behind those score tracks. You don't know what kind of situation is in place. They may have no attachment to them, they may have a bad taste in their mouth over financials surrounding those scores, heck, it may be as simple as they are really busy with work and/or family and don't have the time.

I know you really want to get your hands on that music.
    But to bad mouth a creator or creators because you aren't being made happy 20 years after the fact?... that's poor form. So please, you need to keep that kind of attitude off these forums.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    So does this mean that we will be getting the original soundtracks to MotU and PoP or are we going to be getting cds of He-Man and She-Ra doing cover songs from Lover Boy and Belinda Carlisle??
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha
    So does this mean that we will be getting the original soundtracks to MotU and PoP or are we going to be getting cds of He-Man and She-Ra doing cover songs from Lover Boy and Belinda Carlisle??
    I just vomitted. A lot.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt
    A combo sound track for both series would be ideal, though I thinkt he writing on MotU was much better, musically speaking, than on She-Ra. She-Ra was a bit too synthesized for such a show for me. I liked the big orchestral feel to most of the MotU scores.

In any case, bring it on! I can't wait!
    I certainly agree. A combo CD soundtrack featuring all of the music from Filmation's; 'He-Man', 'She-Ra', 'The Secret of the Sword', and 'A Christmas Special' would rock. I know that I will get shot for mentioning the Christmas special. Ideally, I would also love CD soundtracks of "NA" and the MYP "MotU" series from 2002-2003.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Please, give the Toy Power Podcast a chance: Here we speak with Brian Flynn, owner of Super7 https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...-power!podcast.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra
    I just vomitted. A lot.
    C'mon, Belinda Carlisle music isn't that bad. I love her and her music to death.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

If I was ten again, I would love to have the music so i could listen it while I play with my figures.
    I think it's cool that these are getting a release but I won't be buying it.

I don't think they do.
    With some time and patience, I'm sure complete sound-effects free music tracks could fairly easily be re-created. Someone would "just" have to slog through all the dialogue-free soundtracks until clean copies of each tune can be assembled.
    1983 Forever!

Val, is there any chance we get as a bonus or extra the complete instrumental track of "I have the power" in the She-Ra sets???

Also, it sounds like the She-Ra theme song used in the menu of Disc 2 is not taken from the episodes. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cat
    About 80% of people that buy the motu/pop dvd releases would also buy the soundtracks.
    I think it'd be cool if they came out, but I would be SHOCKED if 10% of the people that buy the DVDs bought the soundtracks.