Thread: Teela's Age

Teela's Age

Okay, so how old is Teela really compared to Adam? I know in MYP, they're the same age and they're both getting trained together. Well, in Filmation's version, she's the Captain of the Guard and actually teaching Adam survival skills. Is this because Teela is a little older and has been through more schooling? Or are they the same age, but Randor and Marlena wanted Adam to have a real childhood instead of learning all that stuff? Or perhaps, he spent his time reading and learning more about the kingdom, and then they worried about fighting later?

Any thoughts?

I think in the filmation cartoon she is 20. Why ? because in the episode "Teela's Secret" , Merm-an tried to sacrified Teela (as a baby) to sumon the BAKOOL the demon of oceans 20 years ago. And Bakool can be sumoned every 20 years.

as for ADAM he is 19 , judging by the number of candles on his birthday cake in "The Great Books Mystery".

So Teela is older than Adam , and she is 1 year older than him.

I may be wrong
    Musclor

http://www.maitresdelunivers.org aka http://www.musclor.fr.st : open!!!

Good deals with : Markatisu , Bigdaddy51200 , Hopebrady , Zodak74 , Lady Angora , 10incher

Click here to watch my feedbacks

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by musclor.fr.st
    I think in the filmation cartoon she is 20. Why ? because in the episode "Teela's Secret" , Merm-an tried to sacrified Teela (as a baby) to sumon the BAKOOL the demon of oceans 20 years ago. And Bakool can be sumoned every 20 years.

as for ADAM he is 19 , judging by the number of candles on his birthday cake in "The Great Books Mystery".
    ...and in "Christmas Special", Adam turns 20.

But yeah, Adam and Teela both are about 20 years old, with Teela being year or so older.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

...and in "Christmas Special", Adam turns 20.
    Poor Adam and Adora! Christmas babies! No extra presents for them!
    Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    In the flashback scenes such as seen in Battlecat's origin episode, Teela is shown as being taller than Adam when they were children...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

what, really?
    Adam and Teela are supposed to be 19/20 years old?

I always assumed they have to be in their mid-twenties (around 27 or 28 or so)
    ..:: it rubs the lotion on its skin ::..

THESE COLLECTORS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DEAL WITH:

Kaleb1974 (5x) ~ Peter (3x) ~ JOAH-MAN (1x) ~ TIRPITZ (8x) ~ rougewelder (1x) ~ Facelessone (12x) ~ King-ironic (1x) ~ boggs32 (2x) ~ onthoofder ~ ess7477 (1x) ~ [email protected] (8x) ~ 2-packs (7x) ~ Arkangel (2x) ~ PIOSOL (3x) ~ pyrelus (1x) ~ Scare_Glower (1x) ~ mondo (1x) ... Thanks guys!!! :-)

I've always thought Teela was slightly older than Adam in the Filmation version. 2-3 years maybe?

The scene where this sticks out most is in "Battlecat" which has a flashback to when they were teenagers. In it, Teela looks about 16 while Adam about 14. I'm just pulling those numbers out of the air, but the scene intimates IMO that Teela is slightly older.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I've always thought Teela was slightly older than Adam in the Filmation version. 2-3 years maybe?

The scene where this sticks out most is in "Battlecat" which has a flashback to when they were teenagers. In it, Teela looks about 16 while Adam about 14. I'm just pulling those numbers out of the air, but the scene intimates IMO that Teela is slightly older.
    Yep, that episode made me think she was older, as well. I would also like to think she's older than Adam by merely one year, but in the end, I guess it doesn't really make a difference if it's that close.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy11814
    Yep, that episode made me think she was older, as well. I would also like to think she's older than Adam by merely one year, but in the end, I guess it doesn't really make a difference if it's that close.
    That's just what I was thinking too. Well no matter their numerical age, Teela always acted more mature-or at least more serious. I remember reading one of my old MOTU books to my niece years ago. In one scene, Teela pushes Adam out of a hammock complaining how lazy he is. My niece who was probably ten at the times shouted, "What a workaholic!"
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Magus
    Teela is 2-3 years older than Adam. She was 20 in Teela's Quest, and Adam was at most 18. Depending on the positioning of (accepted) birthdays, she could be 3 years older for part of the year.

The gap also helps explain the Adam/Teela dynamic. She is definitely his big sister, and by a decent margin.

Great White North
    Here's a science brainbuster for you guys. Maybe their years are longer than ours (365 days) and 20 years there is equal to 27 here, so that's why they look older.

I need friends, lol.

-kev

Quote Originally Posted by Great White North
    Here's a science brainbuster for you guys. Maybe their years are longer than ours (365 days) and 20 years there is equal to 27 here, so that's why they look older.

I need friends, lol.

-kev
    Exellent point.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foxy11814
    Okay, so how old is Teela really compared to Adam? I know in MYP, they're the same age and they're both getting trained together.
    I could be wrong, but I thought in the MYP version, Teela was 19 while Adam was 16..

In Filmation, I always assumed it to be early 20s for Adam and Teela both.

Dr. Ω

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Omega
    I could be wrong, but I thought in the MYP version, Teela was 19 while Adam was 16..
    No, Teela was 16 as well. She said so in the episode Out of the Past.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe