Page 387 of 388 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388 LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 9691

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncv7Cav-rQo

Okay, this is a great idea, Thank you Mr Davide for putting this one for a sequel.

I may be the only one to think this, but I love the Rabbids, and this game specifically made me wonder how much fun they would be as a Smash Ultimate DLC character. Silly, fun, unique, and thankfully not another sword user. *tosses their name on the pile of characters I'd like to see finish out the final two DLC slots*
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    I may be the only one to think this, but I love the Rabbids, and this game specifically made me wonder how much fun they would be as a Smash Ultimate DLC character. Silly, fun, unique, and thankfully not another sword user. *tosses their name on the pile of characters I'd like to see finish out the final two DLC slots*
    I would love to see a Rabbid as a DLC fighter! (Heck, they made it into TMNT Smash-Up!)

The characters that I would really love to see are:

-King Hippo (Punch Out!)
    -Wonder Red or Wonder Blue (Wonderful 101)
    -Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
    -Alucard (Castlevania) ... yes, another sword wielder...
    -Earthworm Jim (EWJ)
    -Blinky (Pac-Man)
    -Bonk (Bonk's Adventure)
    -Bass (Megaman)
    -Marine (Doom)

Characters that I really don't want to see:

-Master Chief (Halo)
    -Dante (Devil May Cry)
    -Crash Bandicoot .... although, I think that Crash is on the short list right now.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I was wondering what's your thoughts on Metal Slug Tactics, Ornclown?

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I was wondering what's your thoughts on Metal Slug Tactics, Ornclown?
    I think that the best part of the MST presentation was the animation!

I also like the fact that the dev team is sticking to the pixel art for the game... it literally looks like classic Metal Slug but at a 3/4 perspective!

I'm not the biggest tactics-style fan... I played a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics, but didn't get much into it.

However, I am a huge Metal Slug / NAZCA / SNK fan, so this might be the game that gets me hooked!

I knew they would save for last: Breath of the Wild 2, no official youtube video atm, but I'm sure Orgers will upload it later.

Metroid 5/Dread

Breath of the Wild 2.
    Last edited by Fendi; June 15, 2021 at 01:35pm.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I knew they would save for last: Breath of the Wild 2, no official youtube video atm, but I'm sure Orgers will upload it later.

https://youtu.be/afUI8nIrGgI

Metroid 5/Dread

https://youtu.be/1hHfmy8zGdw

Breath of the Wild 2.
    Yes!!

Breath of the Wild 2
    in 2022!

Metroid Dread looks fantastic... looks very similar to Samus Returns on 3DS. (I predicted that there was going to be a Switch port of Samus Returns at E3... but, this is even better!)

Dread Amiibo:

They will be going up for pre-order here:
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...?skuId=6464163

Also, Kazuya Mishima is coming to Smash Ultimate!!

(I love, LOVE the end of this reveal trailer! )

And, Age of Calamity DLC!!!

Part 1 is coming on JUNE 18!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Metroid Dread looks fantastic... looks very similar to Samus Returns on 3DS. (I predicted that there was going to be a Switch port of Samus Returns at E3... but, this is even better!)
    Isn't that called Metroidvania? I already gave a key to someone here with Metroidvania genre. It's a great genre, but sometime the difficulty can turn someone off. My close friend end up had like Love/Hate relationship with the genre after playing Outland, he's a completist so he tearing his head playing that game. Poor guy.

Heads up, the Steam Summer Sale is going on right now!

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    Heads up, the Steam Summer Sale is going on right now!

https://www.techpowerup.com/img/P5mchecNrg05iKXr.jpg
    And this year there are quite a few good deals! Great way to long distance Xmas gift friends and relatives too
    since you can buy them something and schedule delivery for Christmas.
    I do this nearly every Summer Sale.

Also, over on the Epic Store (I know, I know, *shudder*) I cracked and bought Chivalry II since I enjoyed the first
    one so much. So far I'm enjoying it a lot! Although the grind to unlock stuff is long.
    Still, I can't help but wonder how awesome a He-Man game with the mechanics would be. The game's lore
    is surprisingly deep for a game entirely focused on team multiplayer. I absolutely love the Agatha Knights (*Heroic Warriors*) and Mason Order (*Evil Warriors*)
    propaganda trailers. And the real-world history it borrows from blends with the fictional characters and 40s-80s Medieval/Fantasy Seige film environment it goes for.
    It's also on Xbox, Playstation platforms if you don't want to get it on Epic and don't want to wait until June 2022 for it to hit Steam or GOG.

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Upgraded Switch console coming our way later this year:

More info:

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/de...unching-oct-8/

I really need to get a new console. The fan on my PS3 starts making a really loud noise after being on for a while.
    Not sure I want to spend too much on a PS5 but I am trying to decided between a PS4 or a Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I really need to get a new console. The fan on my PS3 starts making a really loud noise after being on for a while.
    Not sure I want to spend too much on a PS5 but I am trying to decided between a PS4 or a Switch.
    That's a tough choice!!

I would recommend both of these consoles highly...

With PS4, you have access to a huge library of incredible games - many of them exclusives like Last of Us, God of War, Spider-Man, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.. all at great prices now that the PS5 has been released.

On the other hand, the Switch also has an incredible line up of games, most are exclusives, and the portability option. Once the OLED model hits in October, you could probably find a standard model for really cheap too!

My suggestion? Get both!

That's a tough choice!!

I would recommend both of these consoles highly...

With PS4, you have access to a huge library of incredible games - many of them exclusives like Last of Us, God of War, Spider-Man, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, etc.. all at great prices now that the PS5 has been released.

On the other hand, the Switch also has an incredible line up of games, most are exclusives, and the portability option. Once the OLED model hits in October, you could probably find a standard model for really cheap too!

My suggestion? Get both!
    Buying both would probably be the best option...but I am a very casual gamer. I just like having one console set up to use.
    As much as I like the Switch...I think the PS5 might be the best option.

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Buying both would probably be the best option...but I am a very casual gamer. I just like having one console set up to use.
    As much as I like the Switch...I think the PS5 might be the best option.
    Honestly I say go for the Switch. Nintendo's games can't be played anywhere else while Sony (Though not to the same degree as MS)
    has been putting it's games on PC. Most of your indie and AAA games are also on PC. So if you can only get one, I say get Switch.
    Then play your Horizon, Battlefield, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil on your computer. Even if you have to play on the lowest settings.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm debating whether or not I should get the OLED Switch. I got a Switch at launch, and it still plays games, but it's in really rough shape (the vent crumbled off, somehow some of the screws came out, the right Joycon doesn't latch into place anymore, the screen's slightly discolored, and somehow the like shell has lost all of its texture and it's separating at the top). But at the same time, I'm worried they might release a new console next year or something, and I'll have wasted my money (I guess I could trade it in at GameStop if that happens).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Honestly I say go for the Switch. Nintendo's games can't be played anywhere else while Sony (Though not to the same degree as MS)
    has been putting it's games on PC. Most of your indie and AAA games are also on PC. So if you can only get one, I say get Switch.
    Then play your Horizon, Battlefield, Street Fighter, and Resident Evil on your computer. Even if you have to play on the lowest settings.
    I only have a chrome book to use at present. I do have a PC but it isn't set up anymore.
    If I do get a PS4 or a Switch I will also have to disconnet my PS3 as i can't have it set up at the same time.

The only Switch exclusive that really interest me is Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Ever since I seen that game I thought it looked absolutely amazing.
    Having said that though I know there some other big open world games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Witcher 3 that look really good.

Oh my lord, Here We Go Again.

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a pretty cool looking Smash Bros. clone:

Hmmm, if it has enough polish, it might be worth a play!

Nintendo Direct - September 2021

Woot!!

So many great things coming to the Switch!!!

-Age of Calamity DLC pack #2
    -Kirby and the Forgotten Land!
    -Metroid Dread
    -Splatoon 3!!
    -Bayonetta 3!!!
    -Castlevania Advance Collection!
    -N64 & Genesis Online support!

And

Information on the Super Mario Bros. Movie from Nintendo and Illumination Studios!!!!

Featuring:
    -Chris Pratt as Mario
    -Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
    -Charlie Day as Luigi
    -Jack Black as Bowser
    -Keegan Michael-Kee as Toad
    &
    -Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong

Releasing in 2022! This could be great!!

EAC is also coming to Linux and Steamdeck!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I think that Mr Sakurai deserved for rest after relentless release and work on Smash, it's been like 4 years that we get content for a fighting game, probably the longest update for Nintendo games. He created imagination for us and he deserve a hiatus after a great run.

I think that Mr Sakurai deserved for rest after relentless release and work on Smash, it's been like 4 years that we get content for a fighting game, probably the longest update for Nintendo games. He created imagination for us and he deserve a hiatus after a great run.

NO!!

He must immediately get to work on Super Smash Bros Mega-Super Ultimate Deluxe!

With over 20 new characters!!

Nintendo Direct - September 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_fq60rPNMU

Woot!!

So many great things coming to the Switch!!!

-Age of Calamity DLC pack #2
    -Kirby and the Forgotten Land!
    -Metroid Dread
    -Splatoon 3!!
    -Bayonetta 3!!!
    -Castlevania Advance Collection!
    -N64 & Genesis Online support!

And

Information on the Super Mario Bros. Movie from Nintendo and Illumination Studios!!!!

Featuring:
    -Chris Pratt as Mario
    -Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
    -Charlie Day as Luigi
    -Jack Black as Bowser
    -Keegan Michael-Kee as Toad
    &
    -Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong

Releasing in 2022! This could be great!!
    Donít forget about the original Knights of the Old Republic, Iíll be playing that for the first time since I didnít own the original console for it growing up. Also ActRaiser: Renaissance is on the Switch now, definitely wasnít expecting to see that game series come back.
    I am not nice, I am not kind, and I am not wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledude View Post
    Donít forget about the original Knights of the Old Republic, Iíll be playing that for the first time since I didnít own the original console for it growing up. Also ActRaiser: Renaissance is on the Switch now, definitely wasnít expecting to see that game series come back.
    For its time, KOTOR was groundbreaking... but now, if it retains the same stiff combat and unfriendly menu system, I don't think I have the patience for it.

I would love for them to make it a full-blown action RPG instead of the silly action/Turn-Based hybrid.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is... the FINAL Smash Bros. Ultimate character has been revealed.

Sora from Kingdom Hearts has finally made his way to SSBU!!

He has been one of, if not THE most requested character going all the way back to Brawl!

Check out Sakurai-san's final video... I have to admit, I got a bit teary during parts of this presentation.

Even though I feel that Sakurai has earned a LONG break from video games, I know that this is not the case... as a matter of fact, I would bet he is already at work on his next game.

Thank you, Masahiro Sakurai, for over 3 years of Smash Bros Bliss! (22 years if you count the entire franchise!!! )

Since the end of the year is in the horizon, we all should round up what game are we playing for the past month and what would you entitled on Game of the Year GOTY list.