Page 384 of 384 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384
Results 9,576 to 9,598 of 9598

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    So I sold my PS4 and games. Ever since I got it I havn't played it that much and the games I did play like God of War 4 and WWE 2K19 etc were very underwhelming.
    I think I will probably get a Nintendo Switch eventually.
    4 months isn't enough? Well, hope Switch will stick you around then.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I’ve picked up kerbal space program, goat simulator, gears of war ultimate edition and konami arcade classics collection for the xbox one in the last couple of days, there’s also a version of tabs out, which I’ve always liked the look of, so I’m going to check that out as well, I do need some more drive space as well though, which I’ll get sorted in the next couple of days.

The 5th and final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC fighter has been announced... to much debate online.

Byleth, the newest fighter, is the EIGHTH character from Nintendo's Fire Emblem series and fans are a bit disappointed that we are getting, in essence, another sword fighting clone.

Here is the announcement:

On top of that, Sakurai go into a lot of details concerning the history of the Fire Emblem series, for those unfamiliar. Also, we get to see a bunch of new Mii Costumes (Cuphead!!) and an in-depth look at Byleth's stage - which I'm really excited for.

And lastly, he shows us the latest Amiibo releases

If you aren't a big Byleth fan, fear not. There are SIX MORE DLC fighters on the way!!!

Overall, a great Smash Direct!

Mods: I wasn't sure if this should go in the Console Wars thread, or the Switch thread... but, I guess either one works?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I just say the teaser trailer for RE3 and I am both happy and incredibly sad. The one year anniversary of my brother's death is coming up fast and that was our favorite RE to play together. Whenever it would be my turn he would laugh hysterically if I jumped or screamed during the game. I would get so frazzled when Nemesis comes out - LOL!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

https://www.destructoid.com/review-nioh-2-582534.phtml Welp, looks like another reason people to buy new PS4.... or PS5 for backwards compatibility

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    https://www.destructoid.com/review-nioh-2-582534.phtml Welp, looks like another reason people to buy new PS4.... or PS5 for backwards compatibility
    Yes!

I'm pretty excited for Nioh 2!

The game sounds like it will stick very closely to what made the first so good - for better or for worse (I'm looking at you, loot management...ugh).

On a related note:

E3 2020 has been cancelled for fear of spreading the coronavirus.

No word yet on if EVO 2020 will still be held...

Crazy times...

We preorder the new Animal Crossing for Hermione’s birthday. I think my Wife is more excited than Hermione will be; the LOVED the original game on the GC.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Gonna put it here because of Covid outbreak? You can get to play GDC (Game Developer Conference) games Demo on Steam. if you're tired of series binge watching? Time to switch to PC I guess.

Gonna put it here because of Covid outbreak? You can get to play GDC (Game Developer Conference) games Demo on Steam. if you're tired of series binge watching? Time to switch to PC I guess.
    Heads up, the next Steam sale isn't scheduled until June 23rd, but I have a feeling that many of these digital platforms will be pushing sales - and even releasing big-budget titles - with enticing deals.

Nobody will be out shopping and most stores will be closed, so online sales will definitely pick up.

I broke down and bought the fam a Switch. I have not played it, but they seem to be enjoying it. I am still pretty strict about how much screen time they have and they have been very good about respecting the alarms I set up. My brother would have loved the LoZ game we got.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I broke down and bought the fam a Switch. I have not played it, but they seem to be enjoying it. I am still pretty strict about how much screen time they have and they have been very good about respecting the alarms I set up. My brother would have loved the LoZ game we got.
    Definitely keep strict with the screen-times... it will be more challenging because of the circumstances, but later on your family will thank you for it.

Also, great choice in picking up a Switch!

There are SO MANY incredible games available for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Definitely keep strict with the screen-times... it will be more challenging because of the circumstances, but later on your family will thank you for it.

Also, great choice in picking up a Switch!

There are SO MANY incredible games available for it!
    I have always been pretty strict about screen time and it really has paid off for our family. I see the difference between my kids and my friend's children every single time we have a play date or group event. I know some of my Mom friends get tired and rely on the screens to get them through. I do not judge them, but I could never do that. Yesterday was our art day (we are trying something different with our homeschool days) and we literally spent from 8 am until almost bed time doing art projects. We painted murals on our floor to ceiling windows, did art projects discussing light and shadow and made multimedia art pieces and Easter crafts. My kids will always have those memories.

Recently traded in my 3DS for a Switch and have been testing it out as a mobile gaming platform. Still a Playstation man, especially with Kingdom Hearts there, but I must admit I like the Switch's capabilities. Though Nintendo should really have said which games require an online account to be fully effective. I do like that on games that have a second game (like the Assassin's Creeds) the downloadable copy is linked to the cartridge, meaning a used copy can still get the game and DLC promised.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I have always been pretty strict about screen time and it really has paid off for our family. I see the difference between my kids and my friend's children every single time we have a play date or group event. I know some of my Mom friends get tired and rely on the screens to get them through. I do not judge them, but I could never do that. Yesterday was our art day (we are trying something different with our homeschool days) and we literally spent from 8 am until almost bed time doing art projects. We painted murals on our floor to ceiling windows, did art projects discussing light and shadow and made multimedia art pieces and Easter crafts. My kids will always have those memories.
    Absolutely! My parents always told me and my siblings that video games / cartoons are like desserts, you get them in small quantities some of the time. This way, you learn to enjoy them more and respect the time spent with them.

Your art projects sound amazing! Like many of my students' families, your children are lucky to have a pro-active parent who wants to see her children thrive in the joy of learning, playing and discovery! Kudos!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo Direct Mini for March 26th:

Lots of great games in this direct!

I'm getting pumped for more SSBU!!

https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle

There's a Stay at home Bundle by Humble Bundle, hope this will keep you guys entertained in his terrible time.

Final update, I think they give us too much stuff LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NABeP5oGygM

Final update, I think they give us too much stuff LOL.
    Holy cow!!!

This is incredible!! It's exactly what I've wanted since SMM 1!

Now we can truly create the Mario game we have always wanted!!

Streets of Rage 4 is out now!

Streets of Rage 4 has launched, and it is freaking incredible!!

Seriously, the developers of this game have included pretty much anything you could ever ask for in a beat 'em up...

Everything in this game just drips with their love of the SoR franchise, and they aren't ashamed of it!

Animation, music, gameplay, character design, it is all top-notch!

Oh, how I would love for these same devs to put together a new Shinobi game!!!

WATCH: First official gameplay footage on the PS5
    Via Epic Games' new Unreal Engine 5!

https://www.ungeek.ph/2020/05/watch-...WFU-HLMFCmv99Q

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    WATCH: First official gameplay footage on the PS5
    Via Epic Games' new Unreal Engine 5!

https://www.ungeek.ph/2020/05/watch-...WFU-HLMFCmv99Q
    Yes!

I saw this when Epic first unveiled it.

The Unreal Engine 5 is unbelievable!!

It boggles the mind and whets the imagination thinking of the games developers can create with this.

Some of the most beautiful games have used the Unreal engines 3 & 4, like the Batman Arkham series, Gears of War, Mortal Kombat X, Tekken, Shen Mue, ...even the Final Fantasy VII Remake uses the Unreal engine.

I can't wait to see what this next generation of hardware brings us!!!

PS5 are capable on doing Ray Tracing finally. A good one too, the only matter of time that we know if it run on highest FPS on a console. Also Unreal folks says they haven't tested the engine on Xbox Series X so this could be interesting.

PS5 are capable on doing Ray Tracing finally. A good one too, the only matter of time that we know if it run on highest FPS on a console. Also Unreal folks says they haven't tested the engine on Xbox Series X so this could be interesting.
    Microsoft might be sitting back seat to Sony again...

It's always fun to watch how the first year of a next generation unfolds. Sony has so many more I.P.'s than Microsoft, plus they make some killer deals with studios like Fromsoft to release exclusive titles like Bloodborne.

Microsoft wants to have exclusives, but honestly, every game that was released for the XBOne that I wanted to play, I could get from the Microsoft Store or Steam and play on Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Microsoft might be sitting back seat to Sony again...

It's always fun to watch how the first year of a next generation unfolds. Sony has so many more I.P.'s than Microsoft, plus they make some killer deals with studios like Fromsoft to release exclusive titles like Bloodborne.

Microsoft wants to have exclusives, but honestly, every game that was released for the XBOne that I wanted to play, I could get from the Microsoft Store or Steam and play on Windows 10.
    Also since Microsoft going to that exclusives route, they tend to give out their IP exclusives towards Switch, a very good move by them on the development software. I feel it's like Xbox Series X + Nintendo Switch vs PS5.

Microsoft have nothing to lose as long as they have Switch to saves their ported games.