Page 383 of 383 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383
Results 9,551 to 9,573 of 9573

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Steam Sales starts around 1pm EST just now.

enjoy your shopping folks.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I saw tonight that Link's Awakening remake for the Switch was getting a special edition with an art book. Easy pre-order for me.
    Just preordered my Link's Awakening Special Edition!

Also, I picked up Samurai Shodown on the PS4!!

I haven't jumped in yet, but I am so psyched! It's good to see SNK revisiting the franchises that built their empire! (I have always been on team SNK when it came to fighting games - especially in comparison to Capcom...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Did anyone hear that Capcom is doing Resident Evil 8 and a remake of RE 3?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Also, I picked up Samurai Shodown on the PS4!!

I haven't jumped in yet, but I am so psyched! It's good to see SNK revisiting the franchises that built their empire! (I have always been on team SNK when it came to fighting games - especially in comparison to Capcom...)
    THIS is the first game I've been SUPER excited to play in a looonngg time. Samurai Showdown was an arcade favorite of mine.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    I got my Kickstarter copy of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night this afternoon and wasted no time in installing and playing it. I am SO happy and relieved to say that, at least so far, it is everything I hoped for it to be and nothing like Might No. 9 turned out to be. It feels like classic SotN era Castlevania, with really beautiful levels (a quantum leap in quality from the demos), and some really great enemies, solid controls, and just stunning music.

Anyone who's a fan of CV will probably get a lot out of this.
    I should've Kickstart it because I knew about the game 6 months before it launch, I think the game are using Unreal Engine 4 so the graphics are impressive for a Metroidvania game. I do have mixed feeling on MV type of games because some of the game are pretty hard games but the experience are timeless baby.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

It's almost that time of year for spooks, specters, tricks 'n treats!

I'm pretty excited for this one:

Even though I already own it on PS3, XB360, Wii, PS2, PSP and Steam.... I can now get it on my Switch!

Here's hoping they add more content! (And some cool extras, like RGB skins!)

It's almost that time of year for spooks, specters, tricks 'n treats!

I'm pretty excited for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m2VZ_I_-Wc

Even though I already own it on PS3, XB360, Wii, PS2, PSP and Steam.... I can now get it on my Switch!

Here's hoping they add more content! (And some cool extras, like RGB skins!)
    This was the first game I bought/played/completed for the PS3. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm considering getting it again.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I have the physical release (which is exclusive to Gamestop) of Ghostbusters remastered preordered for Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.

It would be nice if, at least for the Switch version, they allow for local multiplayer as long as each player has a Switch and the game. That way at least you aren't limited to online only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I have the physical release (which is exclusive to Gamestop) of Ghostbusters remastered preordered for Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.

It would be nice if, at least for the Switch version, they allow for local multiplayer as long as each player has a Switch and the game. That way at least you aren't limited to online only.
    All three?

All three?
    *finger cross* I hope there will be cross platform saving for all of the platform.

Isn't that what Switch wants to do, D.O.E? local Wifi Coop?

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Heh, heh, my new Genesis Mini just arrived.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

All three?
    Yup!

I have it for 360, PS3 and the Wii version already.

I really hope that with Ghostbusters they add some extra content... I would love unlockable RGB costumes, an extra mission or two, or some deeper co-op online modes.

Having already gone through the game on every last-gen system, I would like to experience it again with something added.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Heh, heh, my new Genesis Mini just arrived.
    Yup, I picked up a Genesis Mini, Link's Awakening (Switch), Friday the 13th (Switch), and all the latest Amiibo when I went to GameStop this weekend!

I am impressed with the Genesis Mini... I absolutely love the design of the system and the emulation is spot on! Even the controllers feel perfect... just like the fall of 1989 all over again!

I'm a little sad that Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Lightening Force and Golden Axe II aren't in the lineup though...

I picked up a Switch Lite for my daughter's birthday over the weekend. I was surprised at how small the box was.

Finally got a PS4. Got it on sale for £210 with a free copy of FIFA 20 (will probably sell it, not really a football/soccer fan) and bought WWE 2K19 for £14.

Downloaded Disney Afternoon Collection, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and a couple others.
    Will probably download the Megaman and Castlevania collections later.

It's a great system and I really like it.

I would have liked the switch but there was just more games that interest me on the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Finally got a PS4. Got it on sale for £210 with a free copy of FIFA 20 (will probably sell it, not really a football/soccer fan) and bought WWE 2K19 for £14.

Downloaded Disney Afternoon Collection, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and a couple others.

I would have liked the switch but there was just more games that interest me on the PS4.
    I don't feel you could go wrong with either a PS4 or a Switch. Glad you got the one you like!

Adora got to open her birthday Switch Lite today. I'm surprised how physically lightweight it is.

Adora got to open her birthday Switch Lite today. I'm surprised how physically lightweight it is.
    I love the weight of it, and I especially like the larger buttons and true directional pad... I'm now just patiently waiting for a 3rd-party company to come out with the proper adapter to enable it to hook up to an HD television.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

I really love the PS4.... and all of it's fantastic exclusives.

I still find myself playing Uncharted, Last of Us HD, God of War, Bloodborne, and Gravity Rush.

I love the weight of it, and I especially like the larger buttons and true directional pad... I'm now just patiently waiting for a 3rd-party company to come out with the proper adapter to enable it to hook up to an HD television.

I really love the PS4.... and all of it's fantastic exclusives.

I still find myself playing Uncharted, Last of Us HD, God of War, Bloodborne, and Gravity Rush.
    Might get a Switch eventually.

Same, I'm hoping to get Switch Lite in the future. since both of the new unit and Lite updated their internal system so I am ready.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Same, I'm hoping to get Switch Lite in the future. since both of the new unit and Lite updated their internal system so I am ready.
    I upgraded to the new revised regular Switch shortly after it came out. I wasn't going to right away, but Gamestop had a trade in deal at the time where they offered $225 in credit for the older, used Switch (so long as it is in good condition), so it cost $75 + tax to upgrade. I checked ahead of time, and they allowed me to transfer my data there in the store, so all of my save data (even the stuff that can't be backed up to the cloud) was preserved.

The extra battery life is nice! The battery, itself, is the same size, but the revised internals use less power, so it doesn't drain as quickly. It also runs cooler as a result.

I'm personally not bothering with the Switch Lite. The main thing that I do like about it is that it has a proper d-pad. But the lack of being able to connect it to a TV makes it a non-starter.

I would potentially consider getting one in addition to the standard Switch if it was easy to go back and forth between them. But doing so would be a pain in the ass, as having everything from the same account on two systems with no restrictions or compromises is a no-go. And I really have no desire to go through the transfer process on a regular basis.

If that is even possible. It completely lacks the chips/circuitry of the regular Switch that allows for it to be connected to a TV. Here is a tear down video (opening up the Switch Lite, checking out the internals) from someone who has previously done the same with the regular Switch, and he points out how it lacks that.

Widget
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just found this gaming section, I had to come away from gaming in forums previously due to high levels of toxicity , so it's refreshing to see folks actually discussing games. I play on ps4 and Xbox one and play various games, I'm loving the new co op mode in battlefront 2 at the moment

If that is even possible. It completely lacks the chips/circuitry of the regular Switch that allows for it to be connected to a TV. Here is a tear down video (opening up the Switch Lite, checking out the internals) from someone who has previously done the same with the regular Switch, and he points out how it lacks that.
    Yeah, I figured as much. My hopes are resting on a workaround to get it to happen... (similar to what people were doing with the PSP.)

BTW, I enjoy both Spawn Wave and RTG 85 news bits... they usually have really good info!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Macleod View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just found this gaming section, I had to come away from gaming in forums previously due to high levels of toxicity , so it's refreshing to see folks actually discussing games. I play on ps4 and Xbox one and play various games, I'm loving the new co op mode in battlefront 2 at the moment
    Welcome!

Although not as popular as a dedicated video game web forum, this thread sees some pretty good action.

And, I can assure you, you won't find the levels of toxicity here that you do on other entertainment forums... we are all Nintendorks, Sega-sages, XBox Xperts, PC die-hards, and everything else you can categorize a game lover as.

If it's good, we like it. (I hope I can make that claim for others here... )

The only thing that worried me is the Analog drift for Lite, since I can't replace the joy con. But either way as being cheap but portable I will eventually get Switch lite.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO