Page 381 of 383 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383 LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,525 of 9551

Thread: The Official "Console War" and Video Game Thread

Sekiro has been getting fantastic reviews.

Not surprising, Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played, and it seems Fromsoft has put a lot of that Dark Souls / Bloodborne love into Sekiro.

I picked this up, but haven't popped it into my PS4 yet... I've never been so excited to die over and over before!

*Warning: this game / video contains copious amounts of blood.*
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    I'm so so sorry about your brother, Icey. I agree that RE2 is another great joint by Capcom company.

and Sadly I'm not that audience to play a horror games, I have a lot of haunted stuff that real enough for me to not play any zombie games.

Right now I just need to go back to World of Warcraft. Probably aiming for Battle for Azeroth before May or June.
    I played WoW with my brother for a bit, but Lineage 2 was my first game like that so I have always preferred it. I had a hard time getting into WoW. I guess that is good, right? I have a friend who is so addicted he almost got divorced!

So Mr. X made me scream so loud last night while playing I thought my neighbors might call the cops - LOL! I was exploring the basement or whatever of the RPD when he burst through a wall and punched me down a hall way.

Who knew footsteps could be so damn terrifying! That dude is a beast!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Actually, it's pretty good that you could stay out of the MMO addiction by not getting into it at all. Yeah, hearing about divorce, break up and stuff are rather common for World of Warcraft. But people have like positive addiction on WOW if they managed to control it and steering it into positivity. Rob Kazinsky refer to his WOW years as remarkable, not including taking acting hiatus due for addiction and losing a lot of "relationships" as he explained it. I'm glad it all pay off that he was cast as Orgrim Doomhammer in the movie.

Speaking of the movie I really love the story that they bring us, it's not the aesthetic like you would expect on a novel or the game but pay off over great storyline, the only thing that irks me about the movie was how

Medivh dies in the movie, I was expecting Garona, Lothar and Wrynn to assassinate him like in Warcraft 2 and 3 (Flashback).

That's my only problem, I don't want something crucial to change that much on the lore but it's for a movie adaptions.

Yeah, if you could get into World of Warcraft just balance it good with family, works, and personal time on WOW. and extra relationship with guildmates.

Oh, if you want to replay Warcraft 1 & 2? You can get it on GOG

https://www.gog.com/game/warcraft_bundle

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I think it was RE2 that I was playing alone in the house and something happened that surprised me so bad I tossed the controller away from me as I jumped back and then tried to scramble to get the controller back so that whatever it was didn't kill me.

It was also the game that I played so much that I could still faintly hear zombie groans when I quit the game. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    I think it was RE2 that I was playing alone in the house and something happened that surprised me so bad I tossed the controller away from me as I jumped back and then tried to scramble to get the controller back so that whatever it was didn't kill me.

It was also the game that I played so much that I could still faintly hear zombie groans when I quit the game. Not cool.
    I bet I know what it was - LOL! Yes, the background noises are completely insane and creepy in this one, I love it! I finished Leon's story and it felt a little abrupt to me. I have played all the games, so I think I am mixing some stuff up, but I feel like something was missing. Or maybe it happens during Claire's story. It is slow going because I have to play after the kids are in bed and by then I am pretty tired!

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

It's weird, I don't play games nearly like how I used to, but RE2 grabbed me HARD. Easily one of my top favorite games of all times at this point. I've beaten it several times and I keep wanting to come back and play more.

I even managed to S+ hardcore with both characters (Thanks to Darkness' Everyman guide on Youtube which was amazing), and I STILL can't stop playing this. So much about it just amazes me still.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I bet I know what it was - LOL! Yes, the background noises are completely insane and creepy in this one, I love it! I finished Leon's story and it felt a little abrupt to me. I have played all the games, so I think I am mixing some stuff up, but I feel like something was missing. Or maybe it happens during Claire's story. It is slow going because I have to play after the kids are in bed and by then I am pretty tired!
    Yeah, you need to complete the "second run" with the other character to get the final boss and full ending.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Ah OK, I can only vaguely remember the original because I played it a billion years ago.

So last night I was playing as Claire and early on I busted through a door and four zombies surrounded me (I was hustling through since it is the same as Leon at this point). I screamed so loud that I actually woke up my children two rooms away and my puppy ran - LOL! Two of the zombies tackled me and I only had a knife for one. Ah, fun times! I am definitely a screamer.

With all the hype on Star Wars lately? I'm going to share you EA's and Respawn's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

I hope we'll get a good one this time, with Cameron Monaghan as the lead role, we're going to have a lot of fun for this one.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

The Genesis Mini is coming this fall.

I'm more excited for this console than any of the other Minis that have come out.

It's going to have 40+ games on it, and (the best part) it's being developed in-house at Sega! The sound, graphics, and input are going to feel so authentic!! I can't wait!

Check out the details here:

http://genesismini.sega.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The Genesis Mini is coming this fall.

I'm more excited for this console than any of the other Minis that have come out.

It's going to have 40+ games on it, and (the best part) it's being developed in-house at Sega! The sound, graphics, and input are going to feel so authentic!! I can't wait!

http://genesismini.sega.com/img/syst...i_blueglow.png

Check out the details here:

http://genesismini.sega.com/
    My hubby is desperate for a N64 mini. This looks fun. We really love the throw backs. Up until a few years ago I had all of my original systems. Then they started falling apart and I gave them to my brother who was a tech wiz and could fix them.

*drop the mic*

we're getting information on Playstation 5, The only thing we know currently is that they're using AMD Ryzen 2 7nm architecture with the GPU will replicate Ray Tracing technology. With load time? They've switched to SSD storage for faster computing for the console.

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusiv...t-gen-console/

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Sekiro has been getting fantastic reviews.

Not surprising, Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played, and it seems Fromsoft has put a lot of that Dark Souls / Bloodborne love into Sekiro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od5A36FudD4

I picked this up, but haven't popped it into my PS4 yet... I've never been so excited to die over and over before!

*Warning: this game / video contains copious amounts of blood.*
    How is it? I've read good reviews (I'd be getting it for X-Box One) but I really am unsure as to how difficult it might be. I'm not a bad gamer but I'm definitely not looking for something that's on the level of Dark Souls. That was just too frustrating for me with the limited amount of solo time I have available to play games these days.

On a more victorious note, my daughter and I just finished playing through Final Fantasy IX on the Switch Saturday night! We had a blast. She's 5 and a 1/2 and she was so into it! I hadn't played the game all the way through since beating it back in 2000 on the original Playstation so this was a real treat. I've got Final Fantasy VII downloaded as out next endeavor!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/16/1...e-release-date

https://www.destructoid.com/all-incl...d-550305.phtml

Guys, here it is: Xbox One S Discless. with 250 Dollars and that is 50 dollars cheaper than current Xbox One S. So if you're into digital downloads and don't want to spend time looking for physical media? Here's your console.

Also right now all of your Xbox GamePass and Live Gold will be into one subscriptions, which is 14.99 Dollars every month to commit. don't need to separate subscriptions and now it's all inclusive into one payment.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    How is it? I've read good reviews (I'd be getting it for X-Box One) but I really am unsure as to how difficult it might be. I'm not a bad gamer but I'm definitely not looking for something that's on the level of Dark Souls. That was just too frustrating for me with the limited amount of solo time I have available to play games these days.
    Sekiro is, by far, Fromsoft's most difficult game yet... and that is saying a lot considering their pedigree with games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

The combat system requires almost perfect timing right out of the gate, and has been overhauled to introduce new techniques like parrying, dodging, and escaping.

A very hard game to complete, let alone, master... but, there is no denying just how beautiful it looks and sounds.

Guys, as a tribute to Paris and the recent burning of Notre Dame, Ubisoft is giving away free Assassin's Creed Unity as a solidarity towards Paris and Notre Dame.

https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-not...giveaway/en-US

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Guys, as a tribute to Paris and the recent burning of Notre Dame, Ubisoft is giving away free Assassin's Creed Unity as a solidarity towards Paris and Notre Dame.

https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-not...giveaway/en-US
    Very cool of them. I read one heart breaking post on a news piece on social media where one kid said he only ever experienced Notre Dame in the game and was hoping to go there when he was old enough to travel.

To add things better: you are entitled of refunding Assassin's Creed Unity if you bought it other than the free games. since both Notre Dame and Ubisoft are a French nationality, they seems to put people and history first towards their country.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    My hubby is desperate for a N64 mini. This looks fun. We really love the throw backs. Up until a few years ago I had all of my original systems. Then they started falling apart and I gave them to my brother who was a tech wiz and could fix them.
    I'm not sure if we'll ever see a N64 Mini. The N64 was the first Nintendo console that was built with 3rd party technology, so licensing that for emulation could be really tricky. And then there are the controllers - they're pretty large with a fair big of tech inside of them - not exactly great from a cost / packaging point of view.

But it would be nice though - we may just have to settle for VC-like releases on Switch or whatever else Nintendo releases in the future.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. But today is thine. Misuse it not.
    The forum member formally known as IronAvatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowlevelsoul View Post
    I'm not sure if we'll ever see a N64 Mini. The N64 was the first Nintendo console that was built with 3rd party technology, so licensing that for emulation could be really tricky. And then there are the controllers - they're pretty large with a fair big of tech inside of them - not exactly great from a cost / packaging point of view.

But it would be nice though - we may just have to settle for VC-like releases on Switch or whatever else Nintendo releases in the future.
    Isn't that applied on PS Mini?

I believe if we have VC options for Switch I'm all for that, it's not like they're making a hardware emulation though.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Widget
    Isn't that applied on PS Mini?
    Not really - the controllers supplied with the PS mini were the original models without rumble and analog sticks. They also have a smaller form factor when compared to the N64 controllers.
    Yesterday returneth not. Tomorrow perhaps cometh not. But today is thine. Misuse it not.
    The forum member formally known as IronAvatar

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    I've hit a milestone!

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Looks like Konami's Contra Anniversary lineup just revealed today.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...lection-lineup

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Nice!!

I thought I was getting somewhere with 150+ hrs...... What level are you?

This is definitely one of my all-time favorite games!!

Looks like Konami's Contra Anniversary lineup just revealed today.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...lection-lineup
    A definite buy from me!

Although, I just learned that the PS4 version of the Castlevania Collection has trophies! But, the Switch has nothing!! (I would have had all but two of them completed on day one! lol!)

So, I may pick up the Contra Collection for PS4... just so I can sport the Trophies.

Having a hard time finding anything decent to play. I mainly stick to survivor horror games. Not digging the ones that are primarily online (unless there is an option to play by yourself) because I am too old to get cussed out by nine year old little heathens - LOL! Any suggestions? I have an Xbox One.

I came pretty close to getting a PS4 today. I will probably get one eventually. The Switch and Xbox One are also cool, but I am just choosing PS4 because of some exclusives I like more than those on the other consoles.