View Poll Results: Who do you like better?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Garfield

78 68.42%
  • Heathcliff

36 31.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garfield vs. Heathcliff

Garfield vs. Heathcliff

Garfield vs. Heathcliff

Who do you like better? I got into a friendly debate about this when reminiscing with a friend at lunch. I would say overall I like Garfield more. I think Garfield's cartoon show and comic strip are much funnier than Heathcliff's (although I do like Heathcliff's cartoon theme a lot more). Both the Garfield movie (a dumbed down kiddie movie, haven't seen the second) and Heathcliff movie (a disappointing clips show that bummed me out as a kid) were bad. As far as the characters themselves, I like Garfield's persona better than Heathcliff's. Garfield is a bit more interesting and layered whereas Heathcliff is more a slap stick type character. I like 'em both, but like I said, I gotta go with Garfield.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    i hated heathcliff... he was too mean, and quite annoying... garfield had a mean edge when it came to nermal and odie, but was not nearly as annoying. cartoon strip was much, much funnier too!
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

Garfield has always been my favorite. He's mean, but only to Odie, Nermal and especially Jon. He's got his moments of insight. He more than once shows that he really does care for all the people and animals in his life.

Heathcliff, on the other hand, is the neighborhood bully cat. He's mean to almost everyone around him for no better reason than to prove he's tha Alpha Cat. I can't remember too much about the cartoon, but I know that I would have much rather been watching Garfield & Friends.

Heathcliff... these new movies just ruined Garfield for me.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Heathcliff...cause he had a kick ass theme song

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Heathcliff.

So the bomb.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Garfield has always been my favorite.

Chris here...

I like them both, but will go for Garfield just because (in stark contrast to the majority) I loved the first Garfield movie and cannot wait to see the second! Unfortunately I don't know anybody else who wants to see it () and so therefore probably won't get to see it at the cinema, but will look forward to the DVD!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Heathliff! I loved that theme song...I also had a crush on the female cat

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Like both, but prefer Garfield.

And ya just can't beat "Garfield's Halloween Adventure".

"Caaaaandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandycandy! Whoooa there, steady boy..."

*snicker*

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan
    Chris here...

I like them both, but will go for Garfield just because (in stark contrast to the majority) I loved the first Garfield movie and cannot wait to see the second! Unfortunately I don't know anybody else who wants to see it () and so therefore probably won't get to see it at the cinema, but will look forward to the DVD!

Take care...
    Howdy

Garfield for me as well.

Hey Chris, the second Garfield film looks very iffy to me...here's why. It looks like it is going to be "lets make as many jokes and insult England as much as possible" kinda things. I know I am only going of the trailer but thats what it looks like Althoughof there is someone here who has seen please tell me if I am wrong

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Sorry, but I Like Garfield better than Heathcliff. Heath was a garfield wanna be. Also I thought the other cat show, forget the name of them. The one that was on with Heathcliff was better. I would have rather had more of them than Heathcliff.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Former Wrestling Fanatic Wrestling Fanatic's Avatar
    TV show wise, Heathcliff wins it for me. Although I have a bunch of Garfield Treasury books.
    I want a He-Man.org T-Shirt !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne
    Sorry, but I Like Garfield better than Heathcliff. Heath was a garfield wanna be. Also I thought the other cat show, forget the name of them. The one that was on with Heathcliff was better. I would have rather had more of them than Heathcliff.
    I agree. I hated Heathcliff. Sure, Garfield is not very spectacular- but he isn't as much of a jerk as Heathcliff.

When I watched the Heathcliff shows- I was waiting for the other cats too.

Heathcliff was an A**hole. Garfield owns him in every way ( well with the possible exception of their theme songs ).

i liked them both, heathcliff definitely had the better theme song but garfield had more of my laid back, wry sense of humor. and i love the garfield holiday specials. so i vote for garfield.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne
    Heath was a garfield wanna be.
    Actually, Heathcliff made his debut as a newspaper comic strip in 1973 (five years before the appearance of Garfield)

Boy, and as one who prefers Heathcliff I bet you just couldn't wait to point that out!

j/k

Garfield for the win!
    My Videogame List at Gamespot.com

-------------
    I am a slave to the Japanese Train system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion
    Boy, and as one who prefers Heathcliff I bet you just couldn't wait to point that out!

j/k

ACTUALLY lol, I didn't know that until I did a little research for myself.

Ahh, okay, lol. I remember enjoying the Heathcliff cartoon and little comic books, but I was "raised" on Garfield, lol. Love that lazy feline.

Eternian Metal Head Skeletor-81's Avatar
    Although I did like Heathcliff as a kid, Garfield was way better. With Heathcliff it was just the same old type of story in every cartoon. Stupid pranks and bullying. Garfield was so much funnier and more interesting to watch. I loved his sarcastic sense of humor. And who could forget Binky the clown? Does anybody remember the original Garfield and friends theme song? I only remember that I lked it better than the "We're ready to part" theme. But anyway if they got into a fight Heathcliff would probably whoop on Garfield but not before getting belittled by Garfield's slew of hillarious insults.
    "I have great faith in fools, self-confidence my friends call it." -Edgar Allen Poe

I prefer Heathcliff - or more precisely - Riff Raff and his junkyard gang

in my opinion he had just better storry's than garfield - garfield is OK but I never liked Odie or Arbuckle

***Please read forum rules about image sizes***
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account

Heathcliff.

Heathcliff, Heathcliff no one should terrify their neighbourhood, but Heathcliff just won't be undone playing pranks on everyone......
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Tod
    I prefer Heathcliff - or more precisely - Riff Raff and his junkyard gang

in my opinion he had just better storry's than garfield - garfield is OK but I never liked Odie or Arbuckle

The Junkyard cats were the only thing worth watching Heathcliff for, it was cool that they had bad guys to fight etc. Garfield is so much funnier and witty than Heathcliff any day.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!