Thread: Would love some feedback on "Computational Castle" film project

Widget

Would love some feedback on "Computational Castle" film project

So a few years ago, I discovered Toy Poloi and I was amazed how he fixed up this old Castle Grayskull. I always had one, but I only had the levels that the playset came with from my friend who gave it back to me years ago. I had no idea there were so many accessories! I was driven to fix up my own, along with many other pieces of my vintage MOTU collection and eventually create a huge shelf to showcase everything.

Then at my job in the public education field, I learned about Computational Thinking, and how it can be used for problem solving or maybe, what if everyone learned computer programming - how many problems could we fix? I knew I wanted to spread that message, and utilize my background as an independent filmmaker but combine it with the things that I love and represent me to my core. That was how I came up with "Computational Castle."

If embedding the video doesn't work - here is another link.

I wanted to post a ROUGH DRAFT of my film here, because I knew you He-Fans and She-Ravers would be the only ones to truly appreciate the painstaking time that I took to dedicate my love for the artwork in the Filmation cartoons, but also showcase my fixed up vintage action figures of playsets.

This is my first attempt at learning a lot of Filmation's techniques, but using stop motion action figures, animation/art with Adobe programs and editing it all together with green screen footage in Final Cut. My absolute favorite part on making this an homage to Filmation's works, was by recreating a lot of their art, one frame at a time. I hope you enjoy and let me know your feedback!

My next step is fixing some of the sound effects and I am creating my own music in Garageband. I am going to try my best to recreate some of the Shuki Levy music and add some audio like "C-MAN" or "COMPUTATIONAL CASTLE" for the opening.

I would also like to say I was heavily inspired by James Eatock's Faker film, and to be able to be your own artist and show your love for these characters. I wanted to use He-Man characters like how Mr. Rogers used puppets to get his message across.

For those of you that know your morals very well, you will notice that I do a parody of Man-at-Arms from the first episode of He-Man.
    Last edited by Bogorcesky; August 9, 2019 at 09:02am.

Widget
    Does anyone know why my embedded video now just says "the connection was reset"? It used to show the thumbnail for the video.

I hit the "insert video" button and then pasted my YouTube url.