Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Masters Cast - He-Man & She-Ra PODCAST

Colors make you happy! Rainbow Brite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Agreed! Actually, I wouldn't even call it a mishap. I'd call it an opportunity to own more figures!
    This sums up my addiction to Classics:
    LOL!! I love it

Oh! And I forgot to post a link to my silly videos! Here ya'll go

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Victg2P4JioHBa

I see who runs the show. Katy gets her collection in order and the podcast is back on schedule...

Another great listen!

I hope it keeps up
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Good times. Had a blast listening! Jon, I'm surprised you didn't mention that lady who entered the trivia contest totally didn't believe you when you tried to whisper the answer to the trivia question about what He-Man says to turn back into Prince Adam.

Tip - I use a tiny little piece of rolled up sticky-tack in the palm of Glimmer's hand to get the crystal ball to stay in place. If she takes a big tumble (which she has a couple of times) it probably won't hold, but might not roll as far.

Scotch Adhesive Putty

I also use sticky tack on the bottom of some figures' feet to help them stay in place. It's pretty useful stuff.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; September 4, 2015 at 12:27am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I say Blu-Tack all the way!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Tip - I use a tiny little piece of rolled up sticky-tack in the palm of Glimmer's hand to get the crystal ball to stay in place. If she takes a big tumble (which she has a couple of times) it probably won't hold, but might not roll as far.

Scotch Adhesive Putty

I also use sticky tack on the bottom of some figures' feet to help them stay in place. It's pretty useful stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I went all out to stop mine rolling off the shelf:

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Wow, that's awesome Oz-Scott!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    I see who runs the show. Katy gets her collection in order and the podcast is back on schedule...
    LOL!! Not quite, but I'm good at annoying Jon until he posts them

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Scotch Adhesive Putty
    Oooo good call! Thank for the tip ya'll

Wicked!! I love it!

Woah, cool mini Brightmoon! Did Weaver make it for you?

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Woah, cool mini Brightmoon! Did Weaver make it for you?
    Haha. Shapeways! But they're just as evil at taking my money!

I am only part way through #59 but I have to agree with Katie on the HATMOTU poll. Why would you want a Filmation accurate Hawke and not a Stratos to go with her. That makes no sense to me. I have no interest in buying a Hunga, Granita or Hawke in that line. Give me a Teela, Man-at-Arms, Stratos and Ram Man in HATMOTU. I will gladly take the others in the Collector's Choice line.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I am only part way through #59 but I have to agree with Katie on the HATMOTU poll. Why would you want a Filmation accurate Hawke and not a Stratos to go with her. That makes no sense to me. I have no interest in buying a Hunga, Granita or Hawke in that line. Give me a Teela, Man-at-Arms, Stratos and Ram Man in HATMOTU. I will gladly take the others in the Collector's Choice line.
    This is how I feel as well.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    This is how I feel as well.
    Thanks for the support you guys! Hopefully Josh is right and they'll kind of treat the CC poll and Filmation poll as one - then Mattel can choose which characters fit into which style better. Hopefully our voting and comments helped guide them in the right direction, and let them know which characters we want to see sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed!

Topics of power:

• 10 Year Anniversary of Masters Cast

• Classics 2.0 Sub

• New MOTU statues

• Costume swords

• He-Man.org Polls

• Clips down memory lane

Direct Download: http://www.masterscast.com/podcasts/...cast_ep060.mp3

Duration: 1:57:52

10 YEARS NO WAY!!! you guys only look 10 years old! i always enjoy every podcast and can never wait until the next! wish they happened more often! big grizzlor hugs to you all! GREAT journey!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    http://masterscast.com/img/ep60.jpg

Topics of power:

• Classics 2.0 Sub

• New MOTU statues

• Costume swords

• He-Man.org Polls

• Clips down memory lane

congratulations on 10 years!!!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Congratulations to the 10th Anniversary. Puh, time goes by so fast.

Oooohhhh yes, I like the new frequency of new MastersCast Episodes in my Podcatcher - I hope you can go on like this for a long long time

THAT - is one of the greatest episode covers - Teela looks so awesome on it - they should release a variant with this head
    ep59.jpg

MiniCast #6 is kind of scary Hearing the own stumbling voice years later is strange

What's the titel of Lioncourts Book/Audiobbok again?

Looking forward to more episodes to come
    Chuck Norris isst keinen Honig, er kaut Bienen.

my app.net account

Heroic Warrior

Awesome!!
    Now I have something to listen to while I work!

Quote Originally Posted by toohunky View Post
    10 YEARS NO WAY!!! you guys only look 10 years old! i always enjoy every podcast and can never wait until the next! wish they happened more often! big grizzlor hugs to you all! GREAT journey!
    And a GRRRREAT Journey to you as well!

congratulations on 10 years!!!
    Thanks Val!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Tod View Post
    Congratulations to the 10th Anniversary. Puh, time goes by so fast.
    Oooohhhh yes, I like the new frequency of new MastersCast Episodes in my Podcatcher - I hope you can go on like this for a long long time
    Thanks! I hope so too

THAT - is one of the greatest episode covers - Teela looks so awesome on it - they should release a variant with this head
    ep59.jpg
    LOL right?!? I laughed for about half an hour straight when Jon uploaded that banner

MiniCast #6 is kind of scary Hearing the own stumbling voice years later is strange
    I guess that means you should leave an updated message!

What's the titel of Lioncourts Book/Audiobbok again?
    Haven Lost

Awesome!!
    Now I have something to listen to while I work!
    Yay

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    http://masterscast.com/img/ep60.jpg

Topics of power:

• Classics 2.0 Sub

• New MOTU statues

• Costume swords

• He-Man.org Polls

• Clips down memory lane

Who's who in the photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-ator View Post
    Who's who in the photo?
    The order from left to right is Jon, Katy, Martin, Josh, Leanne. Though those are rather old pictures of some of us

Been listening this from the beginning in recent weeks to get myself prepped for the big anniversary!!! Congrats to the MastersCast of characters So happy to see this back more on a regular basis! I've missed it a lot over the last few years, but am loving every minute of it.
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Happy 10th anniversary! Great podcast. I appreciate how fresh this recording is!

I appreciate the sentiments brought up by Rainbow Brite about the Teela figure. She's right! We can't be sure if what we'll end up getting in the Classics 2.0 sub in terms of quality. Teela is just one of numerous speed bumps we've come across with the line this year. Unfortunately, subscription sales are what makes or breaks the line. Moving forward I feel part of the conversation should be about convincing Mattel that it would be best to avoid those bonus figures in the future so that the proper level of attention is paid to every figure we're offered.

Regarding Mattel's lack of communication, I understand the new team is very busy working on other brands. We were very lucky to have had a brand manager, Scott, who loves Masters of the Universe and invested so much of his personal time to keeping us informed and addressing our concerns and qeustions. I would never expect the same level of commitment from everyone. However, I do expect the communication we do get to be professional and to reflect a level of customer service they would expect to reeceive themselves when they communicate as consumers with the company producing the product or service they're paying for.

About the polls! Caz is not tiny, but he's not exactly a standard buck kind of figure either. I was surprised about Karg too! I'll argue Master Sebrian is a tougher sell becasuse he's a full-sized character that could not make use of the standard buck, and there are lot of vintage NA toy characters still competing for the same slots as fan favorites from more popular and better selling chapters of MOTU like POP and Filmation. Btw, Skeleton Warrior not only appeared in 2002 MYP cartoon, but he's also supported by an appearance in the acommpanying toyline. AND those skeletons are army builders. Also, Rainbow Brite he has a name. It's Steve, and he has feelings too. :P Go Kittrina and Melog! Regarding people being out of sync with the voters, there were about three times as many voters this year compared to lastyear's poll, and the larger audience may not want the more obscure characters like many of the most hardcore fans would.

Why is Hunga the Harpy not on the Filmation poll? Because the Filmation poll focuses on characters who have already had figures, and is offering cartoon-style varients of those characters. That is why the selection of characters was much smaller than the Collector's Choice poll. I was very confused about this and kept thinking, why is Melog not there, or Aramesh, or Kothos!

Who made the decision to put which entry on which poll? That was a mix of me and Val and Penny Dreadful collaborating on the project. When I came up with the idea to make an accessories poll, which Val and Penny were very awesome in supporting despite the extra work this created for us, I produced an initial list of characters from the character poll that could be a good fit for the new one, and we started the discussion from there. We also talked about which characters should be left out of either poll because they were too large and would be considered beasts or giants. All of this was done under a strict deadline, with all of us being busy with other things in our personal and professional lives, and I spent many late-night sessions at the comptroller compiling and editing images to get the polls finished in time for Mattel to consider the results.

Very happy to hear the positive and constructive feedback from fans about the Accessories poll! I'm in favor of a second head pack too, to give us more display options for our characters.

I'm looking forward to 10 more years of Masters Cast and I'm hoping to see you all at Power-Con!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; October 28, 2015 at 10:02pm.

Happy 10th anniversary!!! I only started listening about 5 years ago but have listened all the way through. It is always a fun listen and I look forward to the next 10 years. Keep it up.

Loved the episode, needed more Martin in the part before the best of portion. Speak up Martin! You're the comic relief!
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Been listening this from the beginning in recent weeks to get myself prepped for the big anniversary!!! Congrats to the MastersCast of characters So happy to see this back more on a regular basis! I've missed it a lot over the last few years, but am loving every minute of it.
    Thanks HordakQuack!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Happy 10th anniversary! Great podcast. I appreciate how fresh this recording is!
    Thanks AdultCollector!!

I appreciate the sentiments brought up by Rainbow Brite about the Teela figure. She's right! We can't be sure if what we'll end up getting in the Classics 2.0 sub in terms of quality. Teela is just one of numerous speed bumps we've come across with the line this year. Unfortunately, subscription sales are what makes or breaks the line. Moving forward I feel part of the conversation should be about convincing Mattel that it would be best to avoid those bonus figures in the future so that the proper level of attention is paid to every figure we're offered.
    Thanks for the support! I was trying not to be too negative, but I'm also not going to give Mattel a pass when they've made so many mistakes lately. That's a good idea to completely avoid bonus figures in the future!

Regarding Mattel's lack of communication, I understand the new team is very busy working on other brands. We were very lucky to have had a brand manager, Scott, who loves Masters of the Universe and invested so much of his personal time to keeping us informed and addressing our concerns and qeustions. I would never expect the same level of commitment from everyone. However, I do expect the communication we do get to be professional and to reflect a level of customer service they would expect to reeceive themselves when they communicate as consumers with the company producing the product or service they're paying for.
    Agreed! I'm glad we've had some communication since our episode, but I also agree that some of it was less than professional. Hopefully things will take an uphill turn from here on out.

About the polls! Caz is not tiny, but he's not exactly a standard buck kind of figure either. I was surprised about Karg too! I'll argue Master Sebrian is a tougher sell becasuse he's a full-sized character that could not make use of the standard buck, and there are lot of vintage NA toy characters still competing for the same slots as fan favorites from more popular and better selling chapters of MOTU like POP and Filmation. Btw, Skeleton Warrior not only appeared in 2002 MYP cartoon, but he's also supported by an appearance in the acommpanying toyline. AND those skeletons are army builders. Also, Rainbow Brite he has a name. It's Steve, and he has feelings too. :P Go Kittrina and Melog! Regarding people being out of sync with the voters, there were about three times as many voters this year compared to lastyear's poll, and the larger audience may not want the more obscure characters like many of the most hardcore fans would.
    Steve... LOL

I've never understood the army builder thing. I guess it's because I barely have room for the figures I have. How many people really build armies consisting of several multiples? And what do you do with them? I may just be out of touch with those collectors, but I'm curious what percentage of MOTUC collectors are interested in building armies.

Why is Hunga the Harpy not on the Filmation poll? Because the Filmation poll focuses on characters who have already had figures, and is offering cartoon-style varients of those characters. That is why the selection of characters was much smaller than the Collector's Choice poll. I was very confused about this and kept thinking, why is Melog not there, or Aramesh, or Kothos!

Who made the decision to put which entry on which poll? That was a mix of me and Val and Penny Dreadful collaborating on the project. When I came up with the idea to make an accessories poll, which Val and Penny were very awesome in supporting despite the extra work this created for us, I produced an initial list of characters from the character poll that could be a good fit for the new one, and we started the discussion from there. We also talked about which characters should be left out of either poll because they were too large and would be considered beasts or giants. All of this was done under a strict deadline, with all of us being busy with other things in our personal and professional lives, and I spent many late-night sessions at the comptroller compiling and editing images to get the polls finished in time for Mattel to consider the results.
    I want to give a big THANK YOU to all of you who put in the hard work on the polls. Even if they were confusing at times, they were fun :-) But you said there were no characters in the Filmation poll who hadn't already been made in Classics? Maybe I'm just remembering wrong, but I didn't think that was the case at all...and is why many people were confused.

Very happy to hear the positive and constructive feedback from fans about the Accessories poll! I'm in favor of a second head pack too, to give us more display options for our characters.
    I'm still crying over Relay not making it to the finals...or Burbee...but I'll live...maybe...

I'm looking forward to 10 more years of Masters Cast and I'm hoping to see you all at Power-Con!
    Thanks!! And DEFINITELY come say hi at Power-Con!

Happy 10th anniversary!!! I only started listening about 5 years ago but have listened all the way through. It is always a fun listen and I look forward to the next 10 years. Keep it up.
    Thanks so much Greenskull!!

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Loved the episode, needed more Martin in the part before the best of portion. Speak up Martin! You're the comic relief!
    Agreed. Martin is hilarious