Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 2925

Thread: New Movie Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    All of this goes back to the earliest design directives that He-Man be a PG rated "Conan" without the blood and gratuitous violence.
    I know a lot of people want a bloody, Game of Thrones inspired, more 'realistic' take on MOTU. But I've never felt it should be that way. While I do find the 80s cartoon somewhat cheezy, I envision MOTU as good fighting evil, but without death, or even any long lasting injury. It's not about decapitations, disemboweling, neck snapping, or people being eaten alive. ( I don't care at all for the Snake Men, and I pretty much ignore them ). To me, the concept is in the name: ETERNIA. It's about these characters fighting these battles forever.

That's just my personal take. We all have our opinions about what it should be. And the thing is, MOTU is many things....it's 80s mini comics, it's Filmation, it's various comics, it's 200x, it's the newspaper strips, it's the new bios, and I guess even the 1987 movie. Nobody can really point to one particular version and say "This is the true MOTU, and nothing else counts." It's whatever version you want it to be.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 23, 2019 at 02:37pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I know a lot of people want a bloody, Game of Thrones inspired, more 'realistic' take on MOTU. But I've never felt it should be that way. While I do find the 80s cartoon somewhat cheezy, I envision MOTU as good fighting evil, but without death, or even any long lasting injury. It's not about decapitations, disemboweling, neck snapping, or people being eaten alive. ( I don't care at all for the Snake Men, and I pretty much ignore them ). To me, the concept is in the name: ETERNIA. It's about these characters fighting these battles forever.

That's just my personal take. We all have our opinions about what it should be. And the thing is, MOTU is many things....it's 80s mini comics, it's Filmation, it's various comics, it's 200x, it's the newspaper strips, it's the new bios, and I guess even the 1987 movie. Nobody can really point to one particular version and say "This is the true MOTU, and nothing else counts." It's whatever version you want it to be.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Well, Marvel movies never really "kill" anybody and they aren't cheesy.

Personally, I agree with you...this constant battle that lives on throughout generations...good vs. evil...all due to the power of Grayskull. One side protects the power from being used for evil while the other side wants it to rule the universe.

There can't really be a winner...because Zodak would see that it couldn't happen. If one side got too strong, he'd work against them to even the odds.

Where I don't agree is the Snake Men. Sure, they're not as important as Skeletor and his Evil Warriors or the Evil Horde, but the Snake Men are a viable threat with great storyline potential and I wholeheartedly welcome them...just not in the FIRST movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Where I don't agree is the Snake Men. Sure, they're not as important as Skeletor and his Evil Warriors or the Evil Horde, but the Snake Men are a viable threat with great storyline potential and I wholeheartedly welcome them...just not in the FIRST movie.
    Truth be told, I don't really hate the Snake Men so much as I hate the idea of them eating people. That's fine for any other type of Fantasy property, but for MOTU, it really gives me the heebee jeebies. There....I said it. Lol!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 23, 2019 at 10:18pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    that has outdated info.
    Very outdated. Basically, what I posted on page 116. Adam Nee confirmed that's not the version they're working on. I think that's from when Jeff Wadlow was involved.

Can we just get Peter Jackson to direct already?

I just hope we DO get a new MOTU movie at this stage. I hope we won't have to wait too long.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by psy_coma77 View Post
    That would be so epic. Can't think of anyone I'd rather have than Peter Jackson.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by psy_coma77 View Post
    Peter Jackson would be the dream director. He knows how to do fantasy right.

Totally Dyslexic
    I know i´m alone on this idea but you could basically take the whole Aquaman cast and crew and make a MOTU movie with them.

James Wan seems to know how to direct colorful and crowd pleasing.

Jason Mamoa as He-Man - why not?

Amber Heard as Teela, she looks great with a red-haired wig and her wig was so red it was great.

Nicole Kidman as Queen Marlena and Temuera Morrison as King Randor i would take them in a heartbeat!

This movie is colorful entertaining while serving confusing storylines. That´s so MOTU if you ask me.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

No Peter Jackson, please. LOTR is LOTR. MOTU is not LOTR. Leave it with the Nee Bros.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I know i´m alone on this idea but you could basically take the whole Aquaman cast and crew and make a MOTU movie with them.

Amber Heard as Teela, she looks great with a red-haired wig and her wig was so red it was great.

Nicole Kidman as Queen Marlena and Temuera Morrison as King Randor i would take them in a heartbeat!

This movie is colorful entertaining while serving confusing storylines. That´s so MOTU if you ask me.
    You know that is a great point. I think Aquaman is the best superhero movie to use as an example for MOTU. It embraces the fantastical elements quite well, without diminishing the true threat, which I think Thor Ragnorak is guilty of.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Truth be told, I don't really hate the Snake Men so much as I hate the idea of them eating people. That's fine for any other type of Fantasy property, but for MOTU, it really gives me the heebee jeebies. There....I said it. Lol!
    Well, the lizards of V were also man-eaters and that 80s show wasn't particularly violent at all (nothing Game-of-Thrones-level at least, anyway). Also, not sure where the idea first originated (maybe TV Tropes has some info about that somewhere), but I think many people have come to somehow expect reptilian aliens to be man-eaters. So it's not a big deal.

OTOH, I see the Snake Men as the MotUverse embodiment of the kind of mindset that underlied and supported an ideology like Nazism: they view themselves as inherently a superior race and have no qualms about treating what they view as inferior beings with utter contempt, using them as food or as tools (in my fanon, Blast Attack is a generic army-builder, basically cyborgs created out of captured enemies and brainwashed into suicidal walking bombs used to terrorize populations into submission). That makes the Snake Men story arc allegorical of many themes that would not otherwise be represented in the MotUverse stories. I see the Horde as allegorical of other different themes (ancient and colonial empires built out of greed and lust for power; I don't see the Horde as particularly totalitarian, fascist and racist in their ideology the way I see the Snake Men; I see them more like the Romans of the MotUverse: hated by many of the peoples they conquered, having destroyed other civilizations during their far-reaching conquests, while at the same time spreading their own version of civilization throughout the then-known world). While the Skeletor/Keldor story arc deals more about a personal revenge born out of perceived injustice. And the Space Mutants story arc recalls themes of oppressed minorities (the mutants having been cast away and rejected by the non-mutants) becoming the worst oppressors when the tables turn. So, all in all, I think each evil faction can have its own interesting set of themes and motivations, enriching the MotUverse mythology in their own different way.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I can live with most character changes but there is one aspect of He-Man they should really keep. That is He-Man isn't just an ordinary superhero, he was a role model to kids who taught life lessons similar to Aesop's fables. Every episode of Filmation was meant to teach some kind of lesson. You don't see Batman or Superman or Ironman or Thor teaching kids lessons. They are just "dumb" fun comic book heroes. He-Man was always meant to be something more because he had a morality about him and extruded an aura of goodness you just don't see anywhere else. This is what makes He-Man unique and think it should be carried over into the movie.

For example He-Man shouldn't kill anyone and should generally avoid violence. Action was usually carried out in other ways such as smashing up machines, robots, or Godzilla sized monsters Skeletor summoned out of thin air. He-Man saved Eternia from other forms of dangers as well. He-Man moved mountains, stopped earthquakes and volcanoes from erupting, lifted up entire cities, and moved the moon. There are other ways to do action than just have a lot of killing and death. This was what He-Man was all about.

All of this goes back to the earliest design directives that He-Man be a PG rated "Conan" without the blood and gratuitous violence.
    Sorry, but sounds like the 1987 film will be more to your liking. I can do w/o killing but HeMan is the strongest man in the universe not a god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    Sorry, but sounds like the 1987 film will be more to your liking. I can do w/o killing but HeMan is the strongest man in the universe not a god.

I seem to have missed the part in the 87 movie when He-Man lifted up cities and moved mountains. Maybe the '87 movie is more to your liking but it certainly isn't mine.

Also it is 2019. Have you got the memo? Modern audiences absolutely love God-like superheroes. I want people to walk out of the He-Man movie wishing He-Man wishing he was in the avengers so he can kick Thanos's ass.

I seem to have missed the part in the 87 movie when He-Man lifted up cities and moved mountains. Maybe the '87 movie is more to your liking but it certainly isn't mine.

Also it is 2019. Have you got the memo? Modern audiences absolutely love God-like superheroes. I want people to walk out of the He-Man movie wishing He-Man wishing he was in the avengers so he can kick Thanos's ass.
    My ref to the 87 film was about the killing, it was originally one of Mattel’s demands that he man not kill anyone. That is why skeletor had robot troops. Later on Mattel is said to have changed their minds. Don’t get the shade about the god like super hero’s. Only one of the avengers is a god (Thor) and as we see could not beat Thanos (twice), soooooo??? It would seem a little silly that HeMan is against killing but fights along side others that may kill scores and is okay w/ that because it isn’t him actually doing the deed. If HeMan is the god like character u want he should need no help face all foes on his own. All I am saying is I have not waited nearly 30 yrs to watch an episode of filmation on the big screen.

Ha! There's ways around the whole killing issue in movies. The trick....don't make your enemies "human"... so, basically, a war movie like Saving Private Ryan will get an R rating for it's real depiction of people getting killed. Then you take a movie like Battle Los Angeles PG-13 .... they are killing "aliens" , then there's Star Wars episode 1 and they intentionally used robots as the antagonist and have a PG rating. So, the trick to getting a PG or PG-13 rating is, if you....let's say.... have He-man fighting off a hoard of beast men, he could just put the smack down on them in a PG version, change that to "humans" and your asking for an R rating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Personally, I agree with you...this constant battle that lives on throughout generations...good vs. evil...all due to the power of Grayskull. One side protects the power from being used for evil while the other side wants it to rule the universe.

There can't really be a winner...because Zodak would see that it couldn't happen. If one side got too strong, he'd work against them to even the odds.
    Zodac is kind of your in-cannon status quo reset button. He’s hanging out there as your out when you’ve written yourself into a corner. He’s kind of what makes Eternia eternal, if you know what I mean.

I think it’d make for a big groan in a movie...maybe not though! Like you have Grayskull destroyed (because no new writer to MOTU knows what to do other than destroy Grayskull) and half the cast in pieces, but in the end Zodac hits rewind and we’re back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Ha! There's ways around the whole killing issue in movies. The trick....don't make your enemies "human"... so, basically, a war movie like Saving Private Ryan will get an R rating for it's real depiction of people getting killed. Then you take a movie like Battle Los Angeles PG-13 .... they are killing "aliens" , then there's Star Wars episode 1 and they intentionally used robots as the antagonist and have a PG rating. So, the trick to getting a PG or PG-13 rating is, if you....let's say.... have He-man fighting off a hoard of beast men, he could just put the smack down on them in a PG version, change that to "humans" and your asking for an R rating.
    I really like your idea.

You have to figure that Mattel would want to bring kids into this.....so you want extremely high adventure and combat, but not Tarantino-level violence and a high body count. It irritates me me when movies do this:

-BATMAN '89 - Joker dies
    -BATMAN RETURNS - Penguin dies
    -BATMAN FOREVER - Two-Face dies
    -SPIDER-MAN - Green Goblin dies
    -SPIDER-MAN 2 - Doc Ock dies

My point is that it's a little short sighted to quickly kill off your main characters, especially when successful franchises have sequels, and tend to be rebooted. In my opinion, MOTU is not meant to be a kill-fest. It should definitely be full of action and violence....just not gory with loads of fatalities. Is a Big Bad all that bad if he's dead by the end of the movie?

Again, all of this is just my personal take on the whole thing.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 28, 2019 at 01:29pm.
    Odd Man Out

I think the X-men movies have done a pretty good job w/ the killing / violence particularly w/ wolverine. Logan uses the claws a lot and they go into many bodies but always come out clean.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Zodac is kind of your in-cannon status quo reset button. He’s hanging out there as your out when you’ve written yourself into a corner. He’s kind of what makes Eternia eternal, if you know what I mean.

I think it’d make for a big groan in a movie...maybe not though! Like you have Grayskull destroyed (because no new writer to MOTU knows what to do other than destroy Grayskull) and half the cast in pieces, but in the end Zodac hits rewind and we’re back to normal.
    I wouldn't use Zodak to undo what's been done... I can't stand when time-travel movies do that unless it's done well.

If Grayskull gets destroyed, then Zodak steps in to provide aid to keep things equal. It doesn't mean he rewinds time so that Grayskull can never "stay" gone. We'd need The Mighty Spector for that

Zodak could be a VERY crucial character to keep the longevity of the franchise going.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

As a major Aquaman fan, I would love to see the cast in a MOTU movie, although I would cast Nicole Kidman as The Sorceress.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Adam Rifkin talks his unproduced MOTU script in the new podcast BEST MOVIES NEVER MADE hosted by Steve Scarlata the producer of the fantastic JODOROWSKY'S DUNE
    https://t.co/6YEisU7iPw
    https://twitter.com/NeverMadeFilm
    Upcoming book THE PUNISHER: THE UNTOLD STORY OF AN 80s CULT CLASSIC
    www.twitter.com/punisher_book
    www.instagram.com/punisher_book
    www.facebook.com/ThePunisher.FilmBook

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by mackettric View Post
    WHAAAAAAAA??? Thanks!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Yeah, I posted that in the other thread.