Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: New Movie Rumors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nick View Post
    Hulk was Ang Lee, not John Woo. Ang Lee recently film was Brokeback Mountain.

I never said HULK was a Woo movie. Next time you decide to quote my post I suggest you read it first.

kastor714
    well i think until mattel can figure out how to do it right it should be shut down... i mean think about it the movie would have 5 different hemen and skeletors and once for a second you might see another figure... i ment character

Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kastor714 View Post
    well i think until mattel can figure out how to do it right it should be shut down... i mean think about it the movie would have 5 different hemen and skeletors and once for a second you might see another figure... i ment character
    Or another toy at a higher price point ... I meant vehicle or production set.

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    i'm so gonna watch the transformers movie.. and i'm sure that movie is gonna be a hit.

maybe then he-man will rise again
    Never at any point was I a Transformers fan, but I'm gonna go see it too since there seems to be some hope that it could help MotU.

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Never at any point was I a Transformers fan, but I'm gonna go see it too since there seems to be some hope that it could help MotU.
    I may even go, and I hate the things with all my heart
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I initially had only the He-man figure for quite a while before I got more.

The only contact with Transformers I had was when I borrowed Soundwave so He-man had something to fight!!

I'll go see the TF movie just because it's got big robots that fight and blow stuff up.

Hey I like MOTU like everyone else but face it: Optimus Prime would totally own HeMan.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
    Hey I like MOTU like everyone else but face it: Optimus Prime would totally own HeMan.
    *Spits out tea in horror!!! What blaspehmy!! what outrage!!!
    You go wash that filthy mouth out boy!!

I recommend you use the Oral-B with the tongue cleaning thingy just to be sure!!

Yeah, it isn't safe saying such things on a He-Man forum!
    And.. Optimus is strong robot, but He-Man is still "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe"!
    Never forget that!

If things were based off the Transformer movie, I don't know where that will go. Has anyone seen how the Transformer fans have been handling the production art for the movie? I'm a big Transformers fan, but not so much so that I sat and dreamed of the day a Transformer movie would happen. But seeing the design work myself, I'm not impressed. It's still up in the air about how it will do, but Michael bay is the one doing the movie. If it receives the same response it has been getting online and most other Michael Bay movies, it might make it's money back. I doubt it will be a huge success though.

Vegor-Friend of Animals jakobinsane's Avatar
    dang, no good. Oh well I guess none of us were too hopeful, so as to be crushed by this.
    Erie Americana Punk Rock
    http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050215140632
    Saving lives everyday!!
    http://www.veganoutreach.org and http://www.peta.com

H.E.A.L. Human Earth and Animal Liberation

Heroic Warrior
    As much as I hate to say this I think if the Transformers movie is a success we will have a sudden rash of 80's Properties movies. Unfortunatly I think the Transformers is going to flop out at the movie theaters big time. I bet first weekend box office will be record breaking but after that nothing. I accualy think a well done He-Man movie could do as well as LOTR IF Done Right!!! As to what is the right way ???? we all have our own opinions.

stained glass artist fishbrigade's Avatar
    If a movie was a go it would have been set up as a start and not a midway or endway climax.

We got a kick ass revival even without a movie. I have no regrets about plugging away at a new line collection and hope to one day have the 'big things' and I would be proud to have one of everything. The cartoon was a great alternative and was well done.
    Over 40 successful trades here on the org feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I'm not really sad about this. I think making a MOTU movie would be a disater, just look at whats going on with the Transformers movie. Keep in mind
    But hey I've been wrong before.

Sadly, this be true. I can't wait for Money to be abolished so we can do away with the money grubbing that is ruining great franchises . That, and we can get rid of all the clueless executives who think someone named Tripple H would make a good He-Man .

'I know, wrestling is hot now! Lets get a wrestler to bring in all the snotty brats!' This is the same thinking that got Vanilla Ice cast in a Turtles movie .
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Sadly, this be true. I can't wait for Money to be abolished so we can do away with the money grubbing that is ruining great franchises . That, and we can get rid of all the clueless executives who think someone named Tripple H would make a good He-Man .

'I know, wrestling is hot now! Lets get a wrestler to bring in all the snotty brats!' This is the same thinking that got Vanilla Ice cast in a Turtles movie .
    I agree that Triple H would be a bad choice as He-Man, but I can understand why they considered him (he's blond with muscles); however, they have to consider that he doesn't have the cleaner "good looks" that might be more appropriate for He-Man. That said, I never felt that Dolph Lundgren was muscular enough (too lean in my opinion); He-Man, at the very least, should LOOK like the most powerful man in the universe. I also never liked Skeletor's face in the live-action film.

Who would be a good choice for He-Man? I know there's two different camps, and most people don't care if all the heroes and villains are as muscle-bound as the classic cartoon, and I agree. I just feel that at least He-Man should be. Does that mean your search pool is necessarily from the wrestling world? I don't think so. It could be a complete unknown cherry-picked bodybuilder (at least one who could act - and maybe that's a problem to find); Arnold and Lou came from that world, but admittedly their acting skills never won them any Oscars/Emmys.

But unknown(s) supported by a good script and good directing worked well for LOTR. I don't think that it can do the same kind of business, as LOTR had a much larger built-in audience than even the studios anticipated, but a dream director with a good script is all you need. Does that mean that Peter Jackson has to be the guy? I don't think so. There is another. Someone who has tried his hand at a fantasy epic before but didn't quite get the response he wanted. Someone who is looking to do something different from what he's known for and who has the wherewithal to tackle a project like this and make it work. Although the characters and stories are not his and he typically likes to create that, maybe he'd be open to handling this franchise.

Someone should pitch Mr.Lucas.
    Last edited by darthadv; December 18, 2006 at 06:47pm.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=darthadv;1716036
    Someone should pitch Mr.Lucas.[/QUOTE]

What? and get a revised 'vision' with new effects every 5 years?
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Whoever said He-Man couldn't take a Transformer...let's just recall how he manhandled (or robot-handled) the Monstroids.

I'm surprised to see Paul Walker was being considered. I could easily see him as Adam, but He-Man, I'm not too sure.

I also think that HHH would not be a good choice for He-Man. I may get flack for this, but if any wrestler looks like He-Man IMO, it's Test not HHH.

Of course, I'd like to see someone with some actual talent play He-Man!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    What? and get a revised 'vision' with new effects every 5 years?
    haven't we gotten that twice already with the cartoons??

and didn't the original comics not include a transforming adam to he-man? that was a big departure for me in my yute (youth), having had some of the figures early enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Whoever said He-Man couldn't take a Transformer...let's just recall how he manhandled (or robot-handled) the Monstroids.
    That 'whoever' was me. And Optimus Prime would own HeMan.

As I said, I love MOTU, but facts are facts.

A big robot with no special powers couldn't come close to besting the most powerful man in the universe.
    When's the last time Optimus Prime blocked lasers with his gun or lifted castles from their foundation?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

A big robot with no special powers couldn't come close to besting the most powerful man in the universe.
    When's the last time Optimus Prime blocked lasers with his gun or lifted castles from their foundation?

No special powers? When was the last time HeMan transformed into a truck?

LOL

Widget
    Attak Trak owns Optimus Prime...

Ok, now i know this guy is joking!!!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

A little He-Man blurb from Christopher Showerman...

Q.Hello, I’m hearing scuttlebutt that “He-Man” is a goner project. Too bad because Catherine Bell or Salma Hayek would have made a perfect sexy Teela. - Bert

A According to rumoured candidate, Christopher Showerman, in the latest edition of Ironman magazine in Australia : “I read about those He-Man rumours. Long way off. Don’t know what’s going on there. I use to watch the He-Man cartoons after school and always wanted to battle the forces of evil “by the power of Greyskull”. I hope that project makes it back on a front burner”. He says it may happen, but “not at the moment, I don’t believe. They’ve put it on hold for some reason. But yeah, even if I don’t get the role, I’m definitely going to watch the movie. Sure to be better than the last one.”