Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New Movie Rumors Thread

Heroic Warrior Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I hope they go back to the Filmation Sorceress (I could never get those wings sprouting from her back. )
    Think of those "angels" from the Victoria's Secret catalog, only with a big staff, and you'll come to a new understanding of the redesign.

So says the Sword.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I have to agree with the others here who think it's rather good news. It always sounded like it was being thrown together. I didn't like the fact that John Woo was attached to the project (I thought the HULK movie was VERY cool to look at, but the script was AWFUL).

Better to wait.

A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I didn't like the fact that John Woo was attached to the project (I thought the HULK movie was VERY cool to look at, but the script was AWFUL).
    The HULK movie was directed by Ang Lee who also did Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Brokebakc Mountain, John Woo has made rubbish like Mission: Impossible 2 and Face Off.

I'm glad the movie was passed on, I wasn't keen on John Woo directing and I'm now hoping Mattel realises they should release the 200x series on DVD and allow MVC more creative control and freedom in making a comic series.

Do you hear me Mattel?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    But if Mattel still want to do the movie are they still attached with John Woo? I mean does he even want to do the movie anymore? They should just look for someone else.

Well I cant say I'm really shocked by it. dont get me wrong I would love to see this done...right. The last live action was a crap fest in my opinion. I'd love to see a good movie done properly.

Well, I'm sure we havent seen the last of he-man in one form or another. He may pop up again in another 10 years or so.... maybe?
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    Think of those "angels" from the Victoria's Secret catalog, only with a big staff, and you'll come to a new understanding of the redesign.
    I don't recall The Sorceress being a bimbo with wings.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeelooMinai View Post
    Can I hide out with you???
    Sure, but you'll have to chip in on the expenses on all of the groceries that would be hoarded in the bunker....especially the Cheese Whiz supply.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

^ BYOB (Bring Your Own Beer! )

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Just like how Spider-Man made us suffer through things like The Punisher and Daredevil (no offense to fans who enjoyed those two movies).

Thanks for the personal attack Jon, I thought we were pals? ...
    Last edited by MossMan710179; December 1, 2006 at 09:18pm. Reason: Because Im cool

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    Eh, it'll happen, look how long it took X-Men and Spider-Man. Heck, Punisher got two bad movies out of Hollywood.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

Is this really a surprize?

Live action movies based on cartoons seldom turn out good and just end up making the cartoon and the movie look bad. The original MOTU had a few positives items but overall the movie was pretty bad IMO.

The Transformers movie looks horrible beyond relief.

I wish Mattel would have just made a few animated direct to video movies instead.

mdhollywood247
    Hey guys this saddens me as does you, I have collected both he man and transformers for years as these two franchises have been my love since i was like 2 yrs old when he man started. The hopes on a he man movie now rest on what tftm 2007 does has me down. the way that michael bay has gone with tf is scary and no its not like a carbon copy of g1 was what was needed as i understand you have to appese everyone, but in that saying u don't turn your back on your fan base that got you there in the first place. I am holding out hope that the fan base cries over the movie sketch leaks of the tf movie is heard cause right now this movie looks nothing like tformers but in name and now that a he man movie rides on it. michael bays direction of tftm 2007 has me scared a little more.

robert rodriguez could do it.

he can make a movie with short string budget look like it cost 100 million.

and still be good.
    Watch my youtube videos and read my original fiction story's and poetry in my blog

http://www.youtube.com/theimmortal1818
    http://thefantasyshop.blogspot.com/

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Master View Post
    robert rodriguez could do it.

he can make a movie with short string budget look like it cost 100 million.

and still be good.
    Yeah, cuz the Spy Kids series and Shark Boy and Lava Girl are the direction I would like to see a MOTU movie go..

Dr. Ω

aussietrooper20
    I think there will be a new He-man movie that fits better to the 80's cartoon, but I think mattel could try paramont to make it, cause Fox cant be the only people.

also I think what's his name who stared in wedding crashes should play He-man, while he girl freind should be she-ra.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietrooper20 View Post
    I think there will be a new He-man movie that fits better to the 80's cartoon, but I think mattel could try paramont to make it, cause Fox cant be the only people.

also I think what's his name who stared in wedding crashes should play He-man, while he girl freind should be she-ra.
    Owen Wilson as He-Man???

I don't think a MOTU needs to be some gradiose serious epic nor some big shot director.
    As long as it a solid story and looks good. I'd be happy.
    If ya had the same team as Chronicles of Riddick for instance with a snappier script, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Mattel may still be interested in making a “He-Man” film – and it may still involve Woo’s company, LionsRock – but the book’s now closed on this incarnation.[/I]
    So, John Woo is still interested then? A few weeks ago there were reports saying that we would see a MotU film one day, but that the project was far down on John's list of things to do.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have to agree with the others here who think it's rather good news. It always sounded like it was being thrown together. I didn't like the fact that John Woo was attached to the project (I thought the HULK movie was VERY cool to look at, but the script was AWFUL).

Better to wait.

I don't wanna turn this into a HULK thread but....

I agree that John Woo would have been a poor choice as director. I'm yet to see one of his movies that is actually any good.

Anyway, the HULK script was not awful. I consider it to be one of the best comic to film adaptations yet. And I say that as someone who was never a HULK fan or a Marvel fan for that matter. (DC all the way, man) The script for HULK was multi-layered, strong on character development and just the right amount of action. I really struggle to understand the amount of criticism that this film receives. I felt like I was watching a comic and that's what you want from a film like that.

If you want BAD comic to film examples see: Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Batman and Robin.

Anyway, it's probably just as well a MOTU film is shelved.

Look at the hack job Speilberg, Bay and Dreamworks are doing on Transformers. I'd say I'm more of a Transformers fan than a MOTU fan and I'm telling you: the TF film has got me nervous. The designs for the TFs are rubbish. Speilberg claims he's a G1 fan but I doubt he could even name one of the G1 characters.

The way Hollywood is going today, I think you can say with a fair degree of confidence that anything that is remotely cool in one medium (such as comics, toys or Video Games) will become utterly screwed once it hits the screen.

I'd rather see a live action MOTU TV series. TV is where its at now. There's better ideas, better stories and more room for story development on TV. Screw films.

Heroic Doctor & Mad Man
    Quote Originally Posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
    I don't wanna turn this into a HULK thread but....

I agree that John Woo would have been a poor choice as director. I'm yet to see one of his movies that is actually any good.

Anyway, the HULK script was not awful. I consider it to be one of the best comic to film adaptations yet. And I say that as someone who was never a HULK fan or a Marvel fan for that matter. (DC all the way, man) The script for HULK was multi-layered, strong on character development and just the right amount of action. I really struggle to understand the amount of criticism that this film receives. I felt like I was watching a comic and that's what you want from a film like that.

If you want BAD comic to film examples see: Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Batman and Robin.

Anyway, it's probably just as well a MOTU film is shelved.

Look at the hack job Speilberg, Bay and Dreamworks are doing on Transformers. I'd say I'm more of a Transformers fan than a MOTU fan and I'm telling you: the TF film has got me nervous. The designs for the TFs are rubbish. Speilberg claims he's a G1 fan but I doubt he could even name one of the G1 characters.

The way Hollywood is going today, I think you can say with a fair degree of confidence that anything that is remotely cool in one medium (such as comics, toys or Video Games) will become utterly screwed once it hits the screen.

I'd rather see a live action MOTU TV series. TV is where its at now. There's better ideas, better stories and more room for story development on TV. Screw films.
    Hulk was Ang Lee, not John Woo. Ang Lee recently film was Brokeback Mountain.
    Hi Everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
    That's because none of his American films (and none of his more recent Asian films) have been any good.

None of them.

He peaked with Hard Boiled and The Killer. And you're looking at ~15 years ago...

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I'm actually glad that the project went back to Mattel. That lineup of names on the creative side just didn't look good.

Maybe now Mattel could just concentrate on trying a few direct-to-video movies and see what happens from there.

Personally I think the 2007 Tranformers film will do excellent, money-wise, even if it's not that great. So if some of our chances of getting a MotU film rest on the sucess of Transformers, then I'm pretty sure we'll get something.

I say this because Transformers: The Movie DVD is doing VERY good on the Billboard charts. It debuted at #10 on the overall chart and that position is even better than that of the original release. Plus, it's holding at #30 in it's second week. This is on the overall chart. To my knowledge no other 80s cartoon has been able to stay in the top 40 two weeks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I agree. I would actually probably do a co-writing situation with Larry paired up with a more seasoned motion picture script writer who has some type of background in the fantasy/action type genre.
    Yeah, that works for me.

I disagree. The movie would be another reboot if you will. We will need different designs, hopefully ones that are shifted to be classic yet still fit on the motion picture screen. Face the facts, most people are familiar with He-Man's classic look. However, this would actually result in probably using more of the 4H color schemes. But remember, Mattel is going to need to be able to market new toys and merchandise.
    Just because the story is a reboot, does not mean they can't use designs like or extremely similar to the 4H designs, which are already highly faithful to the classic. The story needs to be a reboot, the costumes do not necessarily need to be. The recognizeability of the classic is irrelivent here. Anyone who looks at a 200X MotU character, instantly knows who it is supposed to be if they were familiar with the classic, even a little. The bottom line is that the 4H are very good, and very faithful to the classic. I would be very disappointed in a film if the characters looked a lot like the classic toys/toon. I, personally, love the old stuff for nostalgic reasons, but I don't want to see it all rehashed any more than I'd want to see a Batman movie with Batman in the 60's TV show costume, or anything even remotely similar. I want MotU to be treated as a fantasy property, and i think that is how it can attain lasting success, rather than just another flash in the pan cash in on a children's property...which is basically what you're proposing if they went back to classic-looks.

Plus, they absolutely need to use a sword design that is as close to the classic toy or Filmation as possible. We didn't get it in the Dolph movie and we didn't get it in the 4H line. That sword, to me, is He-Man. Same with She-Ra. It is one of the coolest sword designs ever and I would love to see it in action on the big screen.
    I agree on that as well. i never said that the movie versions should be identical without variation from the 4H design, but i do think they should be very very close. But, He-Man's classic sword was tough to beat.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

dammit mattel or should I be mad at another company?

i'm so gonna watch the transformers movie.. and i'm sure that movie is gonna be a hit.

maybe then he-man will rise again
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!