Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: FAKER ARMY, Ultimate, Magic, Savage & MORE! - classic

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy warrior View Post
    i gotta say i like the black salmon idea and look better than these. also we have an eel awaiting our snake run to poke his electric blue self out
    You mean with the Salmon pink / pale orange color as the glow rather than a yellower color?
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Shrimp View Post
    Ooh, I like the Tung Lashor arms idea... man, I sometimes forget about some of the later MotU guys... or rather I think I leave them out because they start becoming so proprietary, but his frog-like appearance would also work well as a glow character base, or a clear blue character, or both, wouldn't it?!?
    indeed...and there are some quite useable limbs that come later in the line...doesn't ALWAYS have to be 1985 or before...

Worth some thought...
    deffinately...

You know what else I'd really dig, If I was going to get into modding parts, is a couple connector joints to mate a standard MotU torso to the Modulok / Multi-Bot bag of parts... at the shoulders and maybe even at the neck...
    interesting...i've been thinking of some SIMILIAR to this for another project, but is alot of modding and sculpting work...the first step is to mold the torso as one piece and use that as the base to begin the modding...hopefully, i'll get to sneak that part in at some point and fiddle around with it from there...

heck, as long as I'm dreaming, let's do the hips / legs and then throw a couple pegs on the back for extra arms or wings or whatever... then maybe sculpt up a new head or two, a couple arms... that could be an interesting creature...
    most deffinately...the legs/hips and getting them to work with the MOTU waists is a tricky, tricky proposition...but, i'd like to see SOMETHING like that...

Also, something my dad made for me as a kid was a four-armed Webstor, using some bolts drilled into his torso as pegs and an extra set of skeletor arms... it would be neat to have an actual sculpted version of that torso on the slab again...
    interesting concept...not sure exactly how it would look or work, but can't say i'm AGAINST some four armed guys...Webstor is obviously a great choice for such an upgrade...

@matt ..one hell of a snail indeed!
    the parts are a ways off, but feel free to start braining storming colors and names...i just immediately saw a snail when i had those parts in front of me...

I like the snail idea a lot, too.
    you brainstorm too then...everybody now!!!

Here's a second stab at "Black Salmon" and a possible 'for-real' name

Behold: Eelectro!!!

I still wish I could mock him up with Tung Lashor arms, but I think he's getting closer to something here already...
    i think you are getting closer...personally i think i like the Merman body on him and the Merman "cousin" angle...i do think the Skelly belt is a bit busy with the Trik OR Fisto armor(gonna increase drag underwater)...i liked the man-e waist better, makes the base figure slightly different than Merman or Stinkor...

P.S. do either of you guys have any extra MotU heads laying around? Even some test cast ones?
    yeah, i have plenty of flubs and i actually made a mold of hte neck posts of Tuvar and Badrah 'cause the neck is much longer than regular figures JUST for such an occasion...

I think with some new faces, CotU could expand even more into some cool new directions, since you can only have so many guys with the same faces...
    once we start shuffling in the knock off lines we'll have lots and lots of "new" heads to throw in the mix for the KO characters and all new characters...but, it NEVER hurts to have some new and different ones for the pallette either...

i gotta say i like the black salmon idea and look better than these.
    i have to disagree black base figure with orange accessories is TOO much like Stinkor, not different enough to stand on its own glow or not...also the orange glow is pretty weak in its intensity, the yellow/green is better...

also we have an eel awaiting our snake run to poke his electric blue self out
    this guy is pretty much eel in name only at this point, still looks like a Mer dude to me...

LUMINOR just jumped in my head for a name...though that sounds kinda Heroic-ish to my ear...

Man, we're gonna have to work out a way for you to get me some parts, then, because I'd love to investigate making the four arms work, (the way my dad did it is they were slightly behind and below the existing shoulder joint, so they kind of went out and up, rather then being right in line with the other pair) and if I can do that, I can't see the Modulok pegs being that much harder to merge in, then finally some heads and arms to sculpt new crazy stuff onto would rock, too...

PM me if you have a chance and we can figure out a way to get me some parts to work on...

Heres some new ideas;

Black Salmon with the greener glow color:

Reverse color Black Salmon; Greenfish!!!

kind of almost becomes Scareglow, but I wanted to try some different heads to see what else might look good:

Last edited by BlueLobster1979; March 9, 2008 at 01:39am.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Man, we're gonna have to work out a way for you to get me some parts,
    i got ya covered...we'll get ya some stuff to play with...

Heres some new ideas;

Black Salmon with the greener glow color:

with the green he doesn't scream Stinkor as much to me...what about a green glow head???

Reverse color Black Salmon; Greenfish!!!

heh...interesting, pretty interesting...way to switch it up and try out something different...

kind of almost becomes Scareglow, but I wanted to try some different heads to see what else might look good:

just give him the Skelly armor and you've got Evil Eclipse Skeletor or some such...no "rule" says he HAS to have blue skin ALL the friggin' time...

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    maybe its just me but i feel the colors are getting further from a concrete idea and more of a gimmick trying to find a home. yes the pallet is near to stinkor but at the same time its further than one would think. the pale glow orange is a far different experience than the plain ornage of stinkor. i find the entire look of black salmon to be very well put. he seems like a character that would been in a golden book for like 2 panels. the other looks seem gaudy and forced.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Well since Skeletor has Faker then why can't He-Man have:

IMPOSTOR

I'll have a prototype done by the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Well since Skeletor has Faker then why can't He-Man have:

IMPOSTOR

I'll have a prototype done by the end of the day
    the evil warriors will be totally fooled. especially when IMPOSTER orders them to take over eternia by keeping the forests free of litter.

the evil warriors will be totally fooled. especially when IMPOSTER orders them to take over eternia by keeping the forests free of litter.

That's how he does fool them because the silver spot on his belt is the hologram projector that makes him appear as the real skeletor. Since he is a robot he can mimic skeletor in every way the faker emulates he-man. He was programmed to look 100% like Skeletor and act like Skeletor but he only used that as a disguise. You can tell it's him when he actually does look like skeletor because of the Silver Disc..Same thing with Spider-Man & The Chameleon when he takes Spidey's shape you see the belt.....

But until you are right up on him you can't tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    That's how he does fool them because the silver spot on his belt is the hologram projector that makes him appear as the real skeletor. Since he is a robot he can mimic skeletor in every way the faker emulates he-man. He was programmed to look 100% like Skeletor and act like Skeletor but he only used that as a disguise. You can tell it's him when he actually does look like skeletor because of the Silver Disc..Same thing with Spider-Man & The Chameleon when he takes Spidey's shape you see the belt.....

But until you are right up on him you can't tell..
    nice idea and base source

Here's a little taste of what he can do:

Last edited by Megalodon; March 11, 2008 at 05:06pm.

OK update here's the comparison:

Thats cool Megalodon! Keep up the great work!

Chris

nice job

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Should I be freaked/grossed out by the flesh toned skull? It's sort of disturbing looking. If that's the goal, congrats!

That's the point what does Faker look like?? Skeletor's colors on He-Man...Soo then Impostor should have He-Man colors on Skeletor...

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Should I be freaked/grossed out by the flesh toned skull? It's sort of disturbing looking. If that's the goal, congrats!

That is a trippy effect!

Heroic Warrior

How?

How to build them Armor or Weapons Parts?? Bodyparts either??
    I LOVE YOUR CUSTOM STUFF!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    That is a trippy effect!
    And almost hypnotic!

thanks. yeah faker is a big time fav.