83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 43.37%
  • No

48 57.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bow poll

I don't hate Bow. He was a great archer and good in battle when push came to shove and he did have some genuinely funny moments like in "The Reluctant Wizard," but I don't like that he was so arrogant and immature.
    In the episode "Bow's Magical gift" he acts like an irresponsible child when he claims that wand. He uses it to show off, uses up all it's power and when he gets in trouble it's "She-Ra help!" and then he goes back to using his bow and arrows that he so carelessly tossed aside in favour of his new toy.
    Of course there were other episodes where he acted stupidly. "Bow's Farewell," "Troll's Dream" and "The Missing Axe." Does he ever think? I think Kowl is right to always berate him for his stupidity. Kowl has a lot more sense, like when the two of them are hopelessly outnumbered Bow thinks that he can take them but Kowl has the good sense to get going.
    If you ask me Glimmer is the perfect girl for Bow because she behaves in much the same way. EG: "Small Problems" and "Glimmer Come Home." It's like she resents Adora for taking over as leader of the rebellion. But that gives her more time to spend with her mother (who I just adore). Also Adora is a natural leader and knows more about what the Horde is capable of than anyone else in the rebellion. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Glimmer, she had some great episodes like "Micah of Bright Moon," "Glimmer's Story" and "Glimmer and Romeo." But I just dislike some of her behaviour.
    Adora/She-Ra should never ever get together with Bow. Sea Hawk is way more suited to her. He's smart, courageous but cautious and also manly. Sometimes he's even had to save She-Ra instead of the other way round. Sea Hawk should've been in more episodes.
    Maybe Bow and Glimmer's childish behaviour was there to balance out Adora's sensiblity. I don't know.
    I would've also preferred to have seen more of the girls like Castaspella and Mermista and even Frosta, at least in "Black Snow" she showed a maturity worthy of an empress. Double Trouble should've been in the cartoon, she could've put a spanner in the works for either side of the war.
    That's the way I feel about it, anyway.
    Beware Scorpios... they sting!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    In some cases he is a tad annoying, but he does helps.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

There's no "sittingon the fence" option so I can't really vote in this poll but Bow as a character has his uses but I think they could've come up with something other than a red heart on his costume. It detracts from the impression of the character as a brave bowman. Having said that though I did secretly have this cruch on Bow when I was a gushing teen...is that pitiful or what.
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Falcon View Post
    There's no "sittingon the fence" option so I can't really vote in this poll but Bow as a character has his uses but I think they could've come up with something other than a red heart on his costume. It detracts from the impression of the character as a brave bowman. Having said that though I did secretly have this cruch on Bow when I was a gushing teen...is that pitiful or what.
    Nah, no way pitiful! For me, Bow is the personification of unrequited love, whether he is after She-Ra or Adora; he is going to have neither and it's sad. Ok, he is irresponsible but he is good-hearted and that's what counts the most, right?
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Yes, but I'm with the others, did they have to have that danged heart on his costume?? lol
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Yes, but I'm with the others, did they have to have that danged heart on his costume?? lol
    Lol, yeah. Perhaps that was a sign that he was VERY sensitive. But we were kids then, we didn't notice things like that. So I ll pretend I don't notice that now either!
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A.Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    The heart actually never bothered me that much. Bow needed some element of stand-out design to his character so he could hold his own next to colourful characters like Glimmer, She-Ra, and He-Man, so the heart (or some other stand-out design) is needed.

This is kind of like Adam's pink shirt/vest to me. People obsess over them to much.

These are aliens (or half-aliens), you know - a fact that is often forgotten. Why should they necessarily hold to the same sort of symbolism and stereotypes as we Earthlings do?
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    The heart actually never bothered me that much. Bow needed some element of stand-out design to his character so he could hold his own next to colourful characters like Glimmer, She-Ra, and He-Man, so the heart (or some other stand-out design) is needed.

This is kind of like Adam's pink shirt/vest to me. People obsess over them to much.

These are aliens (or half-aliens), you know - a fact that is often forgotten. Why should they necessarily hold to the same sort of symbolism and stereotypes as we Earthlings do?
    True! One person had pretty successfully said on youtube (and I TOTALLY agree with that): "Whoever dares to criticise Adam again for his pink clothes will suffer the wrath of Grayskull!"
    Socrates

A.Einstein

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I never had a problem with him in the show, mainly because I thought he had a nice introduction in episode 1.
    And I actually like the figure.

hmmm

has anyone ever notice the figure is wearing lipstick?
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Joe View Post
    "Does Bow suck?"

That's one hell of an ambiguous question, mate!
    That's what I thought when I saw the question! Shouldn't this thread be in the Tar Swamp?

POP and Customs Lover! heftysmurf76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    That's what I thought when I saw the question! Shouldn't this thread be in the Tar Swamp?
    It doesn't need to be if you guys behave with the innuendo

The BOW figure and character in the mini-comics was cool... he seemed a lot stronger and more intelligent than the DUMB one on the cartoon --- Bow was the only thing i didn't like about POP.

as for your question... I think the REAL question is: "Does he sw-" OH, Never mind...
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man's Lover View Post
    I don't hate Bow. He was a great archer and good in battle when push came to shove and he did have some genuinely funny moments like in "The Reluctant Wizard," but I don't like that he was so arrogant and immature.
    In the episode "Bow's Magical gift" he acts like an irresponsible child when he claims that wand. He uses it to show off, uses up all it's power and when he gets in trouble it's "She-Ra help!" and then he goes back to using his bow and arrows that he so carelessly tossed aside in favour of his new toy.
    Of course there were other episodes where he acted stupidly. "Bow's Farewell," "Troll's Dream" and "The Missing Axe." Does he ever think? I think Kowl is right to always berate him for his stupidity. Kowl has a lot more sense, like when the two of them are hopelessly outnumbered Bow thinks that he can take them but Kowl has the good sense to get going.
    If you ask me Glimmer is the perfect girl for Bow because she behaves in much the same way. EG: "Small Problems" and "Glimmer Come Home." It's like she resents Adora for taking over as leader of the rebellion. But that gives her more time to spend with her mother (who I just adore). Also Adora is a natural leader and knows more about what the Horde is capable of than anyone else in the rebellion. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Glimmer, she had some great episodes like "Micah of Bright Moon," "Glimmer's Story" and "Glimmer and Romeo." But I just dislike some of her behaviour.
    Adora/She-Ra should never ever get together with Bow. Sea Hawk is way more suited to her. He's smart, courageous but cautious and also manly. Sometimes he's even had to save She-Ra instead of the other way round. Sea Hawk should've been in more episodes.
    Maybe Bow and Glimmer's childish behaviour was there to balance out Adora's sensiblity. I don't know.
    I would've also preferred to have seen more of the girls like Castaspella and Mermista and even Frosta, at least in "Black Snow" she showed a maturity worthy of an empress. Double Trouble should've been in the cartoon, she could've put a spanner in the works for either side of the war.
    That's the way I feel about it, anyway.
    I agree with EVERYTHING you said about Bow and Glimmer. Nonetheless, I think that the best guy for She-Ra/Adora would be someone like Adam/He-Man, but since Filmation decided to make them brother and sister, I guess I 'm gonna have to settle for Sea Hawk...
    Socrates

A.Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    has anyone ever notice the figure is wearing lipstick?
    Lipstick!? Are you sure it's not the natural color of lips? Are your lips the same color as you cheeks?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I need to dig out my Roboto figure and double check, but I'm sure he has a heart visible inside. Maybe everyone should have issues with him like Bow lol
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I do not like bow of the character and design, definitely i don't love Bow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Bow has potential but he wasn't used properly which is why many hate him.
    Arrogant, clumpsy and pretty bad in battle situations. He deserved a better role.
    I totally agree!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

He is my least favorite POP character for sure. Yeah I rather find him annoying and got too much screen time in Filmation compared to some cooler female characters.