View Poll Results: Filmation Hordak or Mattel Hordak ?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mattel Hordak

107 51.94%
  • Filmation Hordak

99 48.06%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mattel Hordak vs Filmation Hordak which one do you prefer?

I think both look awesome. However, I really dig the blue color in the FILMation version, so that gets my vote.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I've gotta admit that for some reason I never really liked the toy. Oh I had him, I needed to have him, and the concept of him is a great vilian.

I guess it's just that head. I hate that freaking head.

But at least I liked the She-Ra cartoon at the time (and love it now). So Filmation Hordak is still "My" Hordak.

And since we now have teh 200x sorcery Hordak, I've decided that is "Horde Supreme/Prime" and the blue tech/science Filmation Hordak is "Hordak", so both exist to me now.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    could just be the difference between pre-eternia and etheria where due to the different sun the colours look different, or the advances in hordaks mastery over technomagic
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm not sure I can really vote either on this one.
    I know this will be blasphemy to some, but I just never really took to Hordak or his gang (afraid I'm always been stuck in the wonderful early barbarian mythos). The toy always felt to be kinda lacking something, but then again, with the 'toon, I just kinda associate it with the period when the Filmation take had become so young-child-friendly and too comedy orientated.
    I'm sure Hordak can be cool if done right, but I'm kinda between camps on these two options.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Prime Enchantress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I like Hordak's Filmation version more, especially because of the colors. Although many fans complain that he doesn't look "evil" enough in the Filmation series, I am completely satisfied with Hordak's Filmation style. I rather have problems becoming accustomed to MotUC's Hurricane Hordak variant - a modification I always disliked. I'd appreciate a Filmation-coloured Hordak in MotUC much more!

I really wanted the filmation Hordak but the Mattel 1 is OK I guess cause I really don't want to buy another 1 unless its in the sub which is fine.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I like Mattels Version. But I love the Filmation version more.

I prefer the more vampiric Mattel version. I really enjoy the posts throughout the thread comparing the same picture of Hordak with both color schemes; it really confirms it for me personally.

There are aspects of his character in Filmation that I absolutely hate about Hordak, but design-wise his Filmation appearance is one of those rare "I like the cartoon better than the toy" situations. I like the toy head, and especially the 2002 Hordak head, but color scheme and chest armor-wise, I like Filmation better.

That shield became Imp?

Guys, does Mattel refer to the MOTUC Hordak's red bat shield as Imp?

I think it was a to blend the idea of Imp and original bat shield into one thing, pre-Filmation rights. But now that Mattel has the rights, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we get a proper Imp. HOWEVER- what I really want is the image you just posted above translated into a new MOTUC Hordak figure!!! I want that head sculpt, that armor, THAT bat shield, THOSE colors (look at the nice vampiric reds!). This is the ultimate Hordak, IMO. And check out that Modulok, too! I haven't really made up my mind how I think I want them to do this figure... I do love the classic toy so much... but in this case, this poster design is like a jacked-up version of his Filmation appearance and it does look freaking amazing. I remember having this poster up on my walls when I was a kid and being mesmerized by the entire gang of them... but especially Modulok in the back there holding up his second head! I want to be able to pose a MOTUC Modulok in that very same position. He looks crazy straight of a horror movie and I love it!

I went with Filmation, the blue just makes him pop and stand out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Mattel Hordak rules!
    Plus, a blueish Skeletor...blueish Hordak...what's next? A blueish King Hssss!

mattel hordak. i like the filmation one as well, and i definitely get why they went with the blue. in cartoons for kids, it's important that the characters be easily identified and stand out from their backgrounds...so bold colors are the way to do that...

but conceptually speaking i prefer the mattel version as it's more true to the vampire witch-doctor idea that spawned the character.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Snappy Threader
    Filmation for this one too. Iconic because of the cartoon.

Widget
    Filmation Hordak!

I prefer the toon version. I vaguely remember seeing the MOTU toys at the store before seeing the cartoon, but I had no interest in them until after I discovered the cartoon. Once I was into the toon, then I wanted the figures, which I was always annoyed with since they often didn't look like they did on the cartoon. I usually hated the mini comics as well since they, too, deviated dramatically from the story told on the show (particularly the earlier ones). Sure, the toys/mini-comics were out first, but if it hadn't been for the toon, the MOTU brand would have never taken off the way it did and I certainly would have never bothered with the toys at all.

Widget
    I prefer filmation hordak!! Id almost always pick the filmation of any mattel she ra character, although I wayyyy prefer mattels sweetbee!!

Filmation Hordak for the simple reason of his transformations. He was some kind of Transformer. If Mattel actually released a Transformer Hordak... Hurricane Hordak comes closest to that which is the Hordak toy I prefer.

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Filmation Hordak, because I love his face. I like his toy colors, though.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

Filmation Hordak

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    MYP / 200x Hordak