Thread: Cosmic Key

Anubis

Cosmic Key

From the Masters of the Universe movie, does anyone know where I can download the Eternia Cosmic Key tune that played? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Anubis.

OOOO,that WOULD be a nice .wav file to have.

You looking for a "clean" version or something captured from the film?

Anyone else get seduced by the Magazine, among other vintage sources, into accepting the Cosmic Key as a major Eternian Artifact right up there with the Power Swords and the Havoc Staff?

I'm, not saying anyone needs to accept GWILDOR, even I'[m on the fence about him, but the Cosmic Key, yeah, that's a REAL part of the mythos, regardless of the source.

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

-The Scarecrow, The Marvelous Land of Oz.

Not only does it apply nicely to Masters, but is probably a deep truth.

Stagwolf Art and Toys
    https://stagwolfartandtoys.squarespace.com/

KNOCK-OFF MESSIAH galaxy warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DestrongerLupus View Post
    OOOO,that WOULD be a nice .wav file to have.

You looking for a "clean" version or something captured from the film?

Anyone else get seduced by the Magazine, among other vintage sources, into accepting the Cosmic Key as a major Eternian Artifact right up there with the Power Swords and the Havoc Staff?

I'm, not saying anyone needs to accept GWILDOR, even I'[m on the fence about him, but the Cosmic Key, yeah, that's a REAL part of the mythos, regardless of the source.

D/L
    both gwildor and the key are totally concrete man. cant be ignored. its so easy to hate the little wacky guys. really no one ever has a real reason for dislike of him or others ive had to defend key is great its ...."the key" to so many plot lines and creativity and that alone should be enough to be respected.

THE CONTINUING WORLD OF MOTU

http://cotuworld.blogspot.com/

Oh I'm IN the Gwildor camp....I'm not likely to carry his banner into battle, but he's real, I don't doubt that.

The Key is SUPER-IMPORTANT real to me though

Like we MUST!!!!! get a Gwildor staction. Could I live without a Gwildor staction, yeah, can I live without a Cosmic Key....NO

D/L
    "I am convinced that the only people worthy of consideration in this world are the unusual ones. For the common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed."

Stagwolf Art and Toys

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    As a kid, I actually really liked Gwildor. Even though at that young age he was so blantantly "we couldn't do Orko, so here's the replacement" to me; I really liked him in the movie.
    I think the Gwildor figure was the last original MOTU I bought. I think it kind of was a nail in the coffin of my original collection, as the figure really sucked.

But anyway... I don't know where to get a "clean" version of the key chords, but I'll play around with a few programmes at the weekend and see if I can cobble something together.
    It would be double cool if you could have a different Cosmic Key chord for each phone key - I don't think my phone lets you assign different sounds for each key though. Oh well!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'm thinking I might be able to capture the audio file from the DVD, with the podcast and all my audio set up is pretty decent.

Not sure if that's what Anubis was looking for or not though.

And naturally such a captured audio file would be something I could only use for my personal amusement and in no way could I share or distribute it via the internet or any other means....just so we're all clear on that.

D/L

Stagwolf Art and Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    From the Masters of the Universe movie, does anyone know where I can download the Eternia Cosmic Key tune that played? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Anubis.
    If you're talking about the actual tune (not the chord), you need to look for a CD of the movie soundtrack (it pops on ebay form time to time ) or some old CD store.
    The Soundtrack includes the full version of the key tune

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    If you're talking about the actual tune (not the chord), you need to look for a CD of the movie soundtrack (it pops on ebay form time to time ) or some old CD store.
    11 tracks

1.Main Title/ Eternia Besieged 7.25

2.Gwildors Quadrille 1.54

3.Earthly Encounter 4.26

4.Procession of the Mercenaries 2.46

5.Evilyns Deception 2.38

6.Skeletor the Destroyer 3.10

7.He-Man Enslaved 4.42

8.Transformation of Skeletor 2.30

9.The Power of Greyskull 3.32

10.Good Journey 4.39

11.He-Man Victorious / End Title 5.10

which one is it Emiliano? 2.Gwildors Quadrille 1.54 ?

Of course it does - duh, I missed the obvious.

Well, I have it on cassette. If you can wait till the weekend I'll .wav appropriate section.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I have the extended version of the sundtrack, the first time you hear the tune there is in track 3 "Quite Escape" around 01:00 (which is when Gwildor first activate the key in the Grayskull throne room to escape).
    Then you hear it again in track 9 "Skeletor the Destroyer", then in track 15 "Good Journey" for two times, when Julie and Kevin leave Eternia and at the very end, when we see He Man in the jewel, shouting "I Have the Power".
    Hope that helps
    It still give me bumps when I hear them... With Langella's Skeletor the musics are the best parts of the movie!

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    Aww man! Now I want to get the CD... The collecting never stops! It would be awesome to get the Key activation as a cell phone ring tone!
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

Anubis

Additional

Thanks for all the input people! Was quite impressed by all the feedback. Im looking for the 'clean' cosmic key sound, straight from the movie and not the soundtrack. Wanna use it as a ringtone. Thanks again for all the input!

Please keep it coming!
    Anubis

I have the extended version of the sundtrack, the first time you hear the tune there is in track 3 "Quite Escape" around 01:00 (which is when Gwildor first activate the key in the Grayskull throne room to escape).
    Then you hear it again in track 9 "Skeletor the Destroyer", then in track 15 "Good Journey" for two times, when Julie and Kevin leave Eternia and at the very end, when we see He Man in the jewel, shouting "I Have the Power".
    Hope that helps
    It still give me bumps when I hear them... With Langella's Skeletor the musics are the best parts of the movie!
    The extended CDs pop up occasionally on e-bay; I've bidded a few times but have never been bothered enough to put in a high bid to secure a win. I think that time may be nigh though --- I really think that the score, especially the main theme, are actually really good, and sum up the feel of the whole original MOTU line. Yes it might be slightly Star Wars-esque, but hey, what wasn't influenced by the 'Wars during the 1980s?! :-)
    ~jay firestorm~

the below link will be usefull to some:

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/c...p?movieid=2123

Widget
    Iím pretty sure the tune is Plainsong by The Cure