View Poll Results: Who is your least favorite?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Skeletor

6 3.51%
  • King Hiss

138 80.70%
  • Hordak

27 15.79%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Villain Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Luminak View Post
    Yeah you are right. Hsss did seem to summon serpos for Grayskull (sorry I forgot about that). Well, that kind of shows that all major plans in MYP weren't that good (CoE had a good plan but gained nothing, the serpos plan was pretty interesting and since it was an end to a series I didn't expect much but, seriosuly guys go after something other than grayskull...get a good army skeletor..or other kingdoms..)
    To be fair, Serpos did pretty much flatten Eternos and allow the Snakemen to almost successfully capture the royal family. If the Masters hadn't been able to escape, they would have made it.

Serpos moving on to Grayskull was more-or-less just a, "Well, we conquered the good guys. Now let's just go flatten Grayskull too since we laid waste to all the good guys including He-man." It wasn't Hiss's fault that He-man had his Deus-ex-Machina-powered sword to win the day with.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

A big fan of Slush Head
    You know something I think Hiss has always needed is to have his own lair.
    Like in the classic mini-comics when he took Viper tower as his base.
    Hiss status could've changed drastically if MYP would've given him a lair other than Snake Mountain.
    A decent MOTU leader needs his own castle.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Evil Snake General General_Rattlor's Avatar
    Well, Snake Mountain is his own castle.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Rattlor View Post
    Well, Snake Mountain is his own castle.
    Well actually was.
    So why didn't he stay there? He was on the run for the entire season two.
    He should've returned to Snake Mountain. But instead he left it to Skeletor.

I would've loved seeing Hiss rising the Three Towers and taking control of Viper Tower.
    Something similar to this:

King hiss did have a place of operations it was the sub-ternian chamber where the item to control serpos was. despite teh fact of lack of knowledge was to find it in the first place. and it wasn't king hiss enitre plan to revive serpos. serpos was a last ditch effort to conquer the masters. cause after being revived he went for snake mountain. then he went for the serpent ring to turn eternia into snake men. was gathering items to raise serpos, stop evil lyn from reviving hordak. then he unleashes the beast after getting the faceless one to give him the power to control serpos. and it was the faceless one who showed he-man to use his sword to defeat serpos.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne Nesland View Post
    King hiss did have a place of operations it was the sub-ternian chamber where the item to control serpos was.
    Yeah but that was more of a hideout than an actual decent base.

Impossible to pick one, I really like them all, but since Skeletor is my favourtie character ever, it would be a tie between Hordak and King H.
    My website (currently under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Well actually was.
    So why didn't he stay there? He was on the run for the entire season two.
    He should've returned to Snake Mountain. But instead he left it to Skeletor.
    Yeah that didn't make much sense to me either, especially since he showed such awsome control over Snake Mountain. The only thing I could think of would be the fact that he either needed to lay low in order to get what he needed to summon serpos or he had to move to various locations for the summoning (or other plans). Yeah it isn't a good explanation but its all I can think of.

"I am Skeletor overlord of E-ville!"
    -Skeletor (MYP version...he definitely said E-ville)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Had to go Hiss, love skeletor and hordak and two-bad are my favourite 2 characters. King Hiss sure is taking a beating on the polls.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I was getting "out of" MOTU about the time the Snakemen originally released, so I never really got into King Hiss or his storyline.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminak View Post
    Yeah that didn't make much sense to me either, especially since he showed such awsome control over Snake Mountain. The only thing I could think of would be the fact that he either needed to lay low in order to get what he needed to summon serpos or he had to move to various locations for the summoning (or other plans). Yeah it isn't a good explanation but its all I can think of.
    It could be put down to lazy writing to get out of a plot hole that the had written themselves in to.

Lets face it, Skeletor without Snake Mountain is like the Sorceress without Castle Grayskull, the two just go together, always have...always will. So when they revealed that SM actually belonged to KH they had to think of a way for Skelly to get it back...so they had KH just up and leave and Skeleor remained to once more take control of it.

Like I said...lazy writing.

I agree with Mike, Hsss needed a new pad...Snake Tower would have been sweet to see.

I voted for Hordak because I like Skeletor the most and Hsss just seemed so different ...whereas, Hordak seemed like Skeletor's cranky uncle.

Don't get me wrong. I like Hordak. They're all cool.

As for the way Hsss was portrayed in the toon vs the mini-comics I totally prefer the mini-comics...He seemed creepier to me...Because he looked like a normal dude...Like some kind of creepy neighbor with a basement filled with skeletons or something...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by SKELEPIMP View Post
    As for the way Hsss was portrayed in the toon vs the mini-comics I totally prefer the mini-comics...He seemed creepier to me...Because he looked like a normal dude...Like some kind of creepy neighbor with a basement filled with skeletons or something...

Hahahaha that's true he was pretty creepy.
    He seemed to be someone with lots of secrets. Someone waiting to strike in the right time.
    That's why I love mini-comics Hiss.

And the fact that he and Skeletor were a team made He-man's life a living hell.
    Hiss was sharing lots of ancient secrets with Skeletor ,turning Skeletor into a more dangerous foe but Hiss was smart enough not to reveal them all, he just knew what to share with the overlord of evil because, it favored him in one way or the other. Hiss was using Skeletor in the mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Hahahaha that's true he was pretty creepy.
    He seemed to be someone with lots of secrets. Someone waiting to strike in the right time.
    That's why I love mini-comics Hiss.

And the fact that he and Skeletor were a team made He-man's life a living hell.
    Hiss was sharing lots of ancient secrets with Skeletor ,turning Skeletor into a more dangerous foe but Hiss was smart enough not to reveal them all, he just knew what to share with the overlord of evil because, it favored him in one way or the other. Hiss was using Skeletor in the mini-comics.

Exactly!

It also seemed more appropriate for him to be a lying snake, anyway.

I think they did a great job of conveying that Eternia had a rich history and Hsss did seem to know a lot of secrets...And I think that would have been far more interesting to watch on the show...Who knows, maybe we'll get to see that version if they give it all another go...a more Classic attempt would be great....and I have a feeling that's exactly what we're gona get.

EDIT - Also, I totally agree with the double trouble factor...He-Man got more bang for his buck facing Skeletor AND Hsss...but it also worked for the Horde...Which, were a threat to Skeletor as well...it seemed that with Hsss in Skeletors service that it gave Skeletor back his edge and leading power status...which the Horde seemed ready to take...but Skeletor is the man...in the Classic world that is...in the new series...not so much...

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

A big fan of Slush Head
    Who knows, maybe we'll get to see that version if they give it all another go...a more Classic attempt would be great....and I have a feeling that's exactly what we're gona get.
    Oh brother I sure hope so. I really want to see that!!
    To me the majority of the stories told in the mini comics were superior to those in the toon.

EDIT - Also, I totally agree with the double trouble factor...He-Man got more bang for his buck facing Skeletor AND Hsss...but it also worked for the Horde...Which, were a threat to Skeletor as well...it seemed that with Hsss in Skeletors service that it gave Skeletor back his edge and leading power status...which the Horde seemed ready to take...but Skeletor is the man...in the Classic world that is...in the new series...not so much...
    Yeah, exactly. I hope they handle Skeletor better this time-
    The new toon skelly was ok but he wasn't the coolest villian, he was the weakest. He was incompetent and weak compared to the other two.

That's the problem with MYP... the two most important characters don't seem to be so... well....important.

I can't say anyone is Least favourite, they're all cool. But when it came to a poll I went with Hordak.

I maybe the biggest MYP King Hsss fan here. To me he was portrayed perfectly in the new toon. The only reason why he never actually operated in a base is because he wanted to keep his profile low till he found the Serpent's ring & going back to Snake Mountain would've only complicated things. I guess he thought why go to Snake Mountain when he could bring the Snake to him & he did that. IMO Awaken the Serpent should have been a 2 parter to further ellbaorate Serpo's destructive power.

I'm not saying he wasn't threating in the mini comics...cause he was, just never got into the human looking thing. Plus if 'eating' your enemies isn't Evil enough, I don't know what is?

When it comes to Skeletor, Once again I found him to be an improvement over his counterpart. He had more guts to actually face He-man & Randor together & that to with his sword without relying on magic. I admit the old Skelly got into Greyskull alot moere times than the new one, but he didn't keep his stand when the going got tough(Dragon Invasion, Secrets of Greykull).
    The only thing he lacked was mr.Oppenheimer's voice but thats just minor for me.

Don't get me wrong. I've nothing against Hordak...especially the MYP or the mini comics Hordak, but when it came to She-ra I didn't find him as threatening as he was in the first half of Season one. The constant Trapdoor gag got monotonous, plus his jokes really weren't very impressive & witty like Skelly's. mYP's was a whole different ball game though. Too bad we hardly got to see him in action.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Hordak no question!

King Hiss but just because is the last one to appear.
    I like all of them.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    King Hiss.

ill go with king hiss,and what i didnt like about him is how he is so powerful compared to other villains,the other villains didnt get banished?i think skeletor should have been more powerful than the others,being that he hasnt been banished or locked up lol

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    huh, easy one 4 me: hordak!
    I hated the toys as a child, never understood his galric/bat head (a failed attempt at an evilseed kind of character?), never understood the need of a second evil faction and hated all of his henchmen, except perhaps Dragstor that at least had a redeeming feature: a cool action mechanism!
    Let's not even start with the toons...while Skeletor had to face the most powerful man in the universe, as well as well orgnized, trained and equipped bodies of troops like the eternian army, hordak was unable to cope with a blonde gal riding a pegasus and a pityful force of rabble rousers and primitive malcontents living in a forest.
    Oh wait, that was the filmation toon...wrong forum then, sorry
    Still does not change much, i mean hordack's design is far from my tastes, and while Skeletor is simply extra cool with his floating skull in the cape thing, even old Hiss gives hordak points (yes, even without his trademark mystery mask and his shiny boots swapped for some unlikely sheperd's sandals).
    No doubt, hordak comes least for me!

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    It is not all that surprising. Hsss has the least amount of history with most of the fans. And he also doesn't have that special something that Hordak and Skeletor did. Even though I did like him. And one thing I got the impression of was we mostly weren't supposed to like him. I thought his reemergence in Rise of the Snakemen was something that garnered a huge emotional reaction that resulted in people wanting to see him get his comeuppance. I once went and looked through the original talk-back thread for Rise of the Snakemen Part 1 hen it first aired. I wasn't posting here back then but from what I could remember I think it was probably by far one of the longest threads. People really reacted to Hsss deposing Skeletor. He had a rather different personality than Skeletor. I got the feeling Skeletor was more of a "fun" villian. I thought both Skeletor and Hordak were vastly superior to their portrayal in the old toons. But the thing with Skeletor is that losing to Hsss too many times killed his mystique. Had the show gone on longer this may well have been rectified. But it ended with the Snakemen. The story about Skeletor defeating Hsss in a massive battle would have fixed Skeletor's diminishing threat level right up in my opinion. Although the comic fight where Hsss defeats Skeletor again, obviously had the opposite effect, so I suppose we'll never know if they had planned to make Skeletor into a main villian again. Beating Hsss would have proven he clearly was. Otherwise he would look second rate. But the show ended without an answer. Regarding Snake Mountain, I generally thought Hsss calculated that going back there to face the Evil Warriors again would have been too risky just to reclaim the fort when they didn't really need to.

I liked Hsss quite a bit as an antagonist in this show. I just happened to like the other two more. I think the antipathy he and The Snakemen get for "stealing the spotlight" would have been reduced drastically had the show been allowed to proceed longer to what as coming next, then his arc would have seemed smaller.
    Last edited by Raider of Shadows; December 13, 2009 at 05:06am.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

As krosfyah says, it's not that King Hiss is bad, but the other two are better. King Hiss doesnt' appear enough and don't have so much personality as Skeletor, and Hordak is just a lot cooler.
    I am currently accepting commissions for custom figures, just PM me with your project
    See my other customs at; http://www.figurerealm.com/ViewCustoms.php?UID=5291 and see my MOTU customs in these videos;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXzl-Y0jJ8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI33jTcfuKc
    My blog; http://argenta-2008customs.blogspot.com/

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Of all the incarnations of the three characters, i honestly like them all. As faction leaders and villains, when you compare their tactics and strategies they all bring something the others don't. I mean Hordak has an Intergalactic Army at his disposal, King Hsss has an army of fanatically loyal subjects who throw their lives away for him at the drop of a hat, Skeletor is a warped Eternian bonded with an Interdimensional being and gathered warriors from across Eternia and other dimensions who continuously try to usurp his power. I'd probably have to say that i can't pick a least favorite.

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    This is extremely difficult because I like all of them, but I guess it depends on which media we're going by?

I guess I'll judge by 200x/MYP appearances. And in that case, Hordak is my least favorite.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress