Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2094

Thread: New Movie Casting Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still think Melissa Benoist from Supergirl should play Adora/She-Ra.
    That would be pretty good casting. I'm still not sure who I think a perfect She-Ra would be but she is a very solid choice.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Michelle Pfeiffer as Evil-Lyn!
    I would prefer Evil Lynn be played by someone younger. Nothing against Michelle, but I do not think of the character as being older.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Alycia Denab-Carey for Teela! She has stunt/fighting experience and literally looks like the Acala mini-comic Teela artwork!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Always thought Laura Prepon would make a good Evil-Lyn or Scorpia
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

I'm not sure what her fighting chops are like (and that sort of thing could be trained), but I think the actress who plays Betty on Riverdale would make a great Teela. And she seems in the same age bracket as the fellow who's playing He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    Alycia Denab-Carey for Teela! She has stunt/fighting experience and literally looks like the Acala mini-comic Teela artwork!
    I agree with this. I watch her on Fear the Walking Dead and she is one of the few characters I root for.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

...Woo-hoo! Lol!! I hope Skeletor (possibly Keldor?) is really well-cast, as he will really make or break the the whole thing imho!

Years ago I wanted Melinda Clarke to be Evil-Lyn...but so much time has passed...she's close to 50 now.

...Woo-hoo! Lol!! I hope Skeletor (possibly Keldor?) is really well-cast, as he will really make or break the the whole thing imho!
    Same.

I think it's actually more important to cast the perfect person to play Skeletor than He-Man.

What about Orko? I think I would like a more snarky Rocket Raccoon-like version of Orko than the child-like original. That said, I think Chris Pratt would make a great Orko. I liked his Lego Movie style.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I could see Orko being a total yes man, like he thinks he's some advisor to the king, but his magic backfires in unintentionally positive ways. For example, he would try to freeze someone with his magic, but it would only freeze the ground at their feet, where they would slip and hit their head and get knocked out anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Same.

I think it's actually more important to cast the perfect person to play Skeletor than He-Man.

What about Orko? I think I would like a more snarky Rocket Raccoon-like version of Orko than the child-like original. That said, I think Chris Pratt would make a great Orko. I liked his Lego Movie style.
    I love Rocket but I don't think that'd be right for Orko. I'd rather see Orko be the R2-D2 (from A New Hope - The Last Jedi) of the MOTU movie series. The loyal sidekick who gets a few laughs but is extremely important to some of the plans... the unsuspecting hero (think lightsaber on Jabba's barge and keeper of the map). Incidently, I hate the flying, greese-tossing "saves the day" Artoo of the prequels.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    Pfeiffer (wouldve been cool to see her in a role but shes too old for EL imo)

Prepon and Uma (attractive but i cant really see them in MotU)

Jane Seymour (if only she was younger , couldve played Sorceress)

Terence Stamp (perhaps as a traitor type of character)
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Pfeiffer (wouldve been cool to see her in a role but shes too old for EL imo)

Prepon and Uma (attractive but i cant really see them in MotU)

Jane Seymour (if only she was younger , couldve played Sorceress)

Terence Stamp (perhaps as a traitor type of character)
    Laura Prepon, that I would like to see.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Berry (i dont think shed work as Sorceress , maybe in another role though)

Also these A-list stars come with a hefty price tag usually , remember Reeve was almost unknown prior to Superman and more reasonable fee for unknowns imo

I wouldve used Langella to dub Skeletor , a safe bet and Im sure he would deliver a good performance

(it was the same with Moore : Cubby felt safe with him , thats why he was hired over and over to play Bond cuz Cubby knew he worked in the role and was a safe bet......but Moore was getting bit old in the last two Bonds though)
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; June 1, 2019 at 10:46am.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

What if Orko does not speak with human voice? I could see the movie-makers go the Bumblebee/Wall-E/BB-8 route and take his voice away so he has to mime or make weird noises to communicate. It works like gangbusters for those characters to make them endearing and cute, and it could for Orko as well.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I would prefer Evil Lynn be played by someone younger. Nothing against Michelle, but I do not think of the character as being older.
    Yeah, she’s a bit up there now. Someone in her mid to late 30s for Evil-Lyn with someone in their early 20s for Teela would be ideal.

I’m just such a fan of Pfeiffer’s ability to play the maniacal evil witch - I’m sure she’d put in an Oscar worthy performance!

I’m not sure who - of this generation of actresses - would be ideal to play Evil-Lyn.

Honestly, I think most of us are in agreement that Skeletor is the most crucial casting choice, but I can’t really think of someone in his early 40s or late 30s that’d be perfect for the role. All the actors I think of are at least in their 50s, which is probably too old.

With all this talk of He-Man’s physique... do people expect the actor who’ll play Skeletor to be buff? Honestly I’d be a bit disappointed if they’d go the 1987 route again and cover him up with robes. For me Skeletor needs to be a Gar!
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

Katie McGrath ("Supergirl" would make for an interesting Evil-Lyn!

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    What if Orko does not speak with human voice? I could see the movie-makers go the Bumblebee/Wall-E/BB-8 route and take his voice away so he has to mime or make weird noises to communicate. It works like gangbusters for those characters to make them endearing and cute, and it could for Orko as well.

I hope he speaks trollen yet everyone one on eternia understands him. It would be cool if they develop an app that translates to enlish for the kids and all the multimedia they are talking about.
    Imagine Orko dropping hints throughout a game all in trollen of course.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Katie McGrath ("Supergirl" would make for an interesting Evil-Lyn!
    I love Katie McGrath, and I feel she would also make a brilliant Catra in a POP movie. In certain scenes, she looks a lot like her, especially with her hair pulled back in a pony tail like Classic Catra.

I love Katie as Lena Luthor in Supergirl and as Jules Daly in A Princess For Christmas.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    With all this talk of He-Man’s physique... do people expect the actor who’ll play Skeletor to be buff? Honestly I’d be a bit disappointed if they’d go the 1987 route again and cover him up with robes. For me Skeletor needs to be a Gar!
    Yeah I think they need to make him well built. Now I am not as well versed as all of you guys in He-Man lore, but I did like the new series that told his back story. I liked that design too. Warriors are not frail little things hiding in rags.

I expect Skeletor to be motion capture like Thanos, Snoke, and Gollum. I could see Andy Serkis playing him for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I expect Skeletor to be motion capture like Thanos, Snoke, and Gollum. I could see Andy Serkis playing him for this reason.
    Makes sense to me. I want his head to be an actual 'floating' skull connected to a blue, muscular body. Just like the figures and cartoons.

Actually, I think it would be kind of cool if at first, Skelly is walking around in a robe and you only see his head, but then eventually he chucks it, and he's all buff and chiseled, as he should be.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 8, 2019 at 11:31am.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Makes sense to me. I want his head to be an actual 'floating' skull connected to a blue, muscular body. Just like the figures and cartoons.

Actually, I think it would be kind of cool if at first, Skelly is walking around in a robe and you only see his head, but then eventually he chucks it, and he's all buff and chiseled, as he should be.
    I like that idea a lot! He definitely should be a Gar IMO. Not just another human, I don’t think he needs the fins on his arms or Demon feat though.

I think Richard Madden should play Stratos, he would be AWESOME! For those who don't know him, he's a very talented - and extremely HOT - Scottish actor (he played Prince Kit in Cinderella) and he could easily pull off a MYP-accented Stratos.

http://richard-madden.com/
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I've seen the rumour of Tom Hardy as Skeletor...it could work and he's worked with Sony before.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |